Athiests Lie, The Bible Tells the Truth

Prove the Bible lies.
You cannot.
The bible says the Earth is fixed and unmoving, it also says the Earth moves, one of them must be a lie.

Ps 93:1 The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is established, that it cannot be moved.

Ps 96:10 Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved

Ps 104:5 the LORD hath founded the earth upon its own bases; it shall not be removed forever and ever

1 Ch 16: 30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Contradicted by

Isa 24:19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed

When you find yourself at odds with the Bible, I assure you that it is not the Bible that is lacking, but your understanding. You are referring to 2 completely different things, in the Old Testament. < An understanding of Hebrew, or a good study Bible would help you grasp the actual, original meanings. (and why they call it a Bible study).

The earth as a planet, eretz. And the earth as an inhabited world, tebel. Some of the verses you quoted refer to eretz . Some refer to the tebel, < at times, refers specifically to Israel.
Also, the word, moved in several OT context means, fallen into decay. In other references it means the earth literally shaking, as in earthquake.

1Ch 16:30 All the earth< eretz: the world< tebel ALSO shall be stable, that it not be moved< will not fall into or slip or fail or decay as to be uninhabitable.
l Sam. 2:8 "for the pillars of the earth ( eretz) are the Lord’s and He hath set the world (tebel) upon them”.
^Earth/World, 2 different meanings.

Here's one you might be interested in and needs no translation:
2 Timothy2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. ;)
How convenient a way of thinking is that?
So how did they force you to truly believe Trump is God?

Prove the Bible lies.
You cannot.
The bible says the Earth is fixed and unmoving, it also says the Earth moves, one of them must be a lie.

Ps 93:1 The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is established, that it cannot be moved.

Ps 96:10 Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved

Ps 104:5 the LORD hath founded the earth upon its own bases; it shall not be removed forever and ever

1 Ch 16: 30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Contradicted by

Isa 24:19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

When you find yourself at odds with the Bible, I assure you that it is not the Bible that is lacking, but your understanding. You are referring to 2 completely different things, in the Old Testament. < An understanding of Hebrew, or a good study Bible would help you grasp the actual, original meanings. (and why they call it a Bible study).

The earth as a planet, eretz. And the earth as an inhabited world, tebel. Some of the verses you quoted refer to eretz . Some refer to the tebel, < at times, refers specifically to Israel.
Also, the word, moved in several OT context means, fallen into decay. In other references it means the earth literally shaking, as in earthquake.

1Ch 16:30 All the earth< eretz: the world< tebel ALSO shall be stable, that it not be moved< will not fall into or slip or fail or decay as to be uninhabitable.
l Sam. 2:8 "for the pillars of the earth ( eretz) are the Lord’s and He hath set the world (tebel) upon them”.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. ;)
Your BS might have been better if you had used the actual verses I cited. One can only assume that your argument wouldn't hold water had you used the verses I cited.
Love how the haters always think they are theologians.
OP is right, athiests are liars.

Prove the Bible lies.
You cannot.

Contradicted by

Was that supposed to make some kind of sense? Or are you off topic as a form of concession?

Prove the Bible lies.
You cannot.

Contradicted by

Was that supposed to make some kind of sense? Or are you off topic as a form of concession?
You're the one claiming people can be made to believe in extraordinary things by force.

So what kind of force converted you?

Contradicted by

You're the one claiming people can be made to believe in extraordinary things by force.

So, you want to ignore over 2000 years of "conversion by sword", eh? Who's the silly liar now?

So, you want to ignore over 2000 years of "conversion by sword", eh? Who's the silly liar now?
So all I need is a sword to make you truly believe Trump is God?

Interesting.

In my humble opinion.

Okay.. still not finding the stories about talking snakes, giants and sea monsters credible...

Nachash- Hebrew for serpent or dragon associated with divination and or fortune telling. If I called you a lying dog, does that mean dogs talk?

To view a giant, go to Rouen, where Rollo, the Dane is laid out. At over 8 feet tall, he got his name from running beside horses. He couldn't ride them because his weight broke their backs.

Sea monsters. We now have the technology to reach the depths of the ocean and see sea monsters. I wish I would have saved a picture I saw of a Japanese fishing ship that couldn't pull up their anchor. When they finally got it up there was a head of a fish attached to it. The head was a third of the size of the ship. The size was truly stunning.

Just because you have not seen doesn't make it any less credible. You can't see the wind either, but you know it's there...:)

Just because you have not seen doesn't make it any less credible. You can't see the wind either, but you know it's there...
Just because we can physically sense and measure wind doesn't mean you've provided evidence for anything supernatural.

Just because you have not seen doesn't make it any less credible. You can't see the wind either, but you know it's there...
Just because we can physically sense and measure wind doesn't mean you've provided evidence for anything supernatural.

I didn't claim the wind was supernatural. I said it can't be seen, yet exists. In the same manner the poster had never seen a giant, so has trouble believing there were giants.
You want supernatural, Christ returned from the dead. There ya go....

Still you. How many did Paul convert using the sword? Peter? Jesus? How many swords have you spotted in our churches, and how do preachers get those heathens to church so they can be converted by sword?

I didn't claim the wind was supernatural.
And I didn't claim you did, but never let facts or logic stop you.
You want supernatural
No, I don't. But you clearly do, which may explain the major difference between us well. I demand evidence . Being satisfied to believe in magic instead seems your all too common and human failing.

The difference between us is not a problem. If you call it magic that told us Israel would become a nation in a day, then good for magic, as "magic" prophesied correctly. That the Jews would resume their ancient language with no other displaced peoples ever doing so, and nailed it, then trust the magician. "Magic" told me Russia will be invading Israel allied with Israel's surrounding enemies, let's see if Magic nails it again.. Prophecy is your evidence. You can't do it. Magic can.

Thing is, If I am wrong about a Heavenly Father and eternal life, when I die I have lost nothing. If you are wrong, you have lost everything. < That is human stupidity.

And that's the issue that so-called patriarchal religious nuts have....they want to FORCE people to believe their version of a holy book or else hurt you. Particularly the women.
Don't let rightwing self-proclaimed Christians chase you away from the love of Christ.

He spoke about them too.

He said that there will come a day when people will say "but didn't we speak in your name?" and He will say, "No, when I was sick, and needed clothing, you chased me away."

Look at what America is doing and stands for today, white cruelty.

America is the ONE nation on earth that CLAIMS to be a Christian nation.

Prophesy is being fulfilled.

The Bible tells us there will be a great weeping, and wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Why? Because many self-proclaimers will get the SHOCK of their lives when that great day comes.

bodecea Get to know who Jesus is, for yourself, it's not what the self-proclaimers portray, far, far, far from it.

Actually they did....read up on the Catholic Church...Charlemagne....what he did to the pagans. Constantine FORCING everyone in his Roman Empire to become Christian.

Our Bill of Rights/1st Amendment was unique because it was the FIRST time ever that a secular government guaranteed in writing that people had a freedom of and from religion.
I'm glad you brought up Constantine bodecea, did you realize he was a nominal Christian? That means he really wasn't. He was actually Pagan.

He's on of the main people responsible for mixing the current Pagan practices w/Christianity...that affects the world still today.

The main change is trying to change God's Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday...yep, that was done by Mr. Constantine, look it up.

And guess which day most professed Christians worship on today...Sunday.

The Bible is there for all to read to know what God said, I would highly recommend you read it.

Even if just a verse a day, it will change your life.

God is good.

Can someone force you to really believe Trump is God?
Yes or no.
No, but they can certainly try.

Isn't there a set percentage in American society that would love to have The Ten Commandmants (that they can't even follow, BTW) posted up on governmental buildings, and want to see prayer (read Christian prayer) in public schools?

Isn't that force?

The difference between us is not a problem.
Not for me anyways.
If you call it magic that told us {...yada, yada}
I call that a straw man argument and deliberate distraction.
Thing is, If I am wrong about a Heavenly Father and eternal life, when I die I have lost nothing. If you are wrong, you have lost everything. < That is human stupidity.
Okay, let's analyze that. Four cases to consider actually:
We're both right. Some "Heavenly Father and eternal life" exists for you, not for me. Neither of us is ever aware when it matters so, oh well, who cares?
We're both wrong. There's no "Heavenly Father" nor "eternal life", but there is something supernatural. Oh well.
You're right and I'm wrong. There's "a Heavenly Father and eternal life" which you presumably benefit from somehow while I just become worm food as fully expected, remaining blissfully unaware of the difference - 'cause I'm dead. Oh well.
I'm right and you're wrong. There's no "Heavenly Father" nor "eternal life" and you've wasted your entire life believing in and annoying others with your fairy tale nonsense, and possibly doing much worse to others, confident that all (your "sins") would be forgiven in the end due your religious belief. Oh well. Sucks to be you. Human stupidity indeed.

I'm right and you're wrong. There's no "Heavenly Father" nor "eternal life" and you've wasted your entire life believing in and annoying others with your fairy tale nonsense, and possibly doing much worse to others, confident that all (your "sins") would be forgiven in the end due your religious belief. Oh well. Sucks to be you. Human stupidity indeed.
A life pursuing the ideals and striving to love one another in lieu of sin is wasted? Largely due to my beliefs I have had (for the most part) a joyous life, and a peaceful one. God or no God, striving for ideals in any situation one finds oneself makes for a life worth living, not a wasted one.

Forum List

Back