Athiests Lie, The Bible Tells the Truth

So you persist in claiming your own source to be full of beans on the subject.

Yes and no.

Any fantastical story in a book of fantastical stories openly called INSTRUCTION conveys teaching not necessarily directly connected to the literal meanings of the words used.

It was never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people.

When you first heard the story of the three pigs did you get stuck at the part where the first little piggy built a house of straw and then argue with the teacher that pigs can't build houses?

If you did you would be technically right but you would miss the point and teaching of the story completely.

Smarten up.

Last edited:
Faith is one of the most powerful tools that beings that know and create possess. You aren’t likely to succeed in something you don’t have faith in.
At least have the decency to put "religious" before "faith" here since that is clearly the context of this topic.
faith
fāTH/
noun

1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    "this restores one's faith in politicians"
    synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction; More
Is a different subject entirely.
The context of my statement was your statement that "faith generally does go hand in hand with pigheaded denial."

So when I said, "Faith is one of the most powerful tools that beings that know and create possess. You aren’t likely to succeed in something you don’t have faith in" I was talking about religion as well as everything else. The point of religion is to change the fabric of one's identity. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration. If one does not have faith that they can change, they aren't likely to be able to change.

So, no, it isn't a different subject entirely as faith applies to all things, especially religion.

I repeat
In the 150 years since the mid-19th century, the average human height in industrialised countries has increased by up to 10 centimetres (3.9 in).[48] However, these increases appear to have largely levelled off.[48][49]Before the mid-19th century there were cycles in height, with periods of increase and decrease;[50] however, examinations of skeletons show no significant differences in height from the Stone Age through the early 1800s.[49]
Now what's this have to do with your daughter or the length of your forearm again? Oh, I know, noisy insertions unlikely to be verifiable by any reader here. Willful distraction vs Wikipedia. Okay then.

I repeat
In the 150 years since the mid-19th century, the average human height in industrialised countries has increased by up to 10 centimetres (3.9 in).[48] However, these increases appear to have largely levelled off.[48][49]Before the mid-19th century there were cycles in height, with periods of increase and decrease;[50] however, examinations of skeletons show no significant differences in height from the Stone Age through the early 1800s.[49]
Now what's this have to do with your daughter or the length of your forearm again? Oh, I know, noisy insertions unlikely to be verifiable by any reader here. Willful distraction vs Wikipedia. Okay then.
Why does it matter what his exact height was?

Why does it matter what his exact height was?
It doesn't. As always, my concern is with what makes sense and is verifiable. You worry about whatever floats your dinghy.
You say it doesn't make any difference and then in your very next sentence you seem to contradict yourself by saying you are concerned with what makes sense and is verifiable. That doesn't make any sense in and of itself.

The reality is that you can't verify most of the things you believe because you - like everyone else - accept most of what you know on authority of others.

It seems to me that you are looking for reasons to not believe that David defeated an enemy in battle and that the Jews went on to victory because you can't verify the exact height of his opponent.

Apparently pointing out that that biblical Goliath was likely impossible or gross exaggeration at best was important to Joe. I've just been analyzing that hypothesis here further.

It seems to me that you are looking for reasons to not believe that David defeated an enemy in battle and that the Jews went on to victory because you can't verify the exact height of his opponent.
His "exact height" has never been brought up except by you, FAICT. Now slap yourself silly.

Atheist lie, The bible Tells the Truth ...

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”.

the bible is a book of lies - as well as purposefully deceptive in its writings. as proven by recorded history.

His "exact height" has never been brought up except by you, FAICT. Now slap yourself silly.
Only in the context that that is what YOU have been arguing about for two pages, GN.

Are you denying that that is not what you have been arguing about? Goliath's height?

I don't care how tall he was, I understand the point of the account was that he was a really big dude that got defeated by David and then the Jews went on to victory.

I have literally been arguing that Goliath's height wasn't relevant. So for you to argue that I am arguing about his exact height doesn't make any sense at all and I know how important making sense to you.

Yes, the apologists always have ridiculous excuses for the silliness in the bible.
If we all spoke Hebrew instead of modern English, no "excuses" would be necessary. Not sure why modern English-speaking people have the need to mangle the original meaning. Can't atheism stand on its own without mangling the Bible?

Faith is one of the most powerful tools that beings that know and create possess. You aren’t likely to succeed in something you don’t have faith in.
At least have the decency to put "religious" before "faith" here since that is clearly the context of this topic.
faith
fāTH/
noun

The context of my statement was your statement that "faith generally does go hand in hand with pigheaded denial."

So when I said, "Faith is one of the most powerful tools that beings that know and create possess. You aren’t likely to succeed in something you don’t have faith in" I was talking about religion as well as everything else. The point of religion is to change the fabric of one's identity. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration. If one does not have faith that they can change, they aren't likely to be able to change.

So, no, it isn't a different subject entirely as faith applies to all things, especially religion.
If you had simply said I should have said "religious faith" or "Faith" instead of simply "faith" there, I'd have to agree. However, pretty sure dictionaries shall continue supplying two distinct meanings / usages of the word faith, no matter how much you pound the table or persist in repeating your self-generated gospel. I can most definitely have all manner of conviction, belief, trust, and zero "Faith." Been now for sixty years plus.

You worry about whatever floats your dinghy.
Worry is like a thief that steals time from the present.

If there is something you can do about it, why worry?

If there is nothing you can do about it, why worry?
Concern yourself with... whatever!
I usually do. I don't need to worry about things because I understand that I control my own destiny and plan accordingly. I understand the importance of an internal locus of control and not normalizing deviance to standards.

Only in the context that that is what YOU have been arguing about for two pages, GN.

Are you denying that that is not what you have been arguing about? Goliath's height?

I don't care how tall he was, I understand the point of the account was that he was a really big dude that got defeated by David and then the Jews went on to victory.

I have literally been arguing that Goliath's height wasn't relevant. So for you to argue that I am arguing about his exact height doesn't make any sense at all and I know how important making sense to you.
You continue arguing about his "exact height." Your words. No one else's.

faith
fāTH/
noun

If you had simply said I should have said "religious faith" or "Faith" instead of simply "faith" there, I'd have to agree. However, pretty sure dictionaries shall continue supplying two distinct meanings / usages of the word faith, no matter how much you pound the table or persist in repeating your self-generated gospel. I can most definitely have all manner of conviction, belief, trust, and zero "Faith." Been now for sixty years plus.
I'm not pounding any tables, GN. I explained the context of my statement. Honest men can have honest differences of opinions without having to act like jerks.

If you had said religious faith my response would have been exactly the same. Yes, you can have convictions, beliefs and trust without faith, but you cannot have complete conviction or trust in your beliefs without faith.

You continue arguing about his "exact height." Your words. No one else's.
No. You are accusing me of what you have been doing. His height is unimportant. I already explained that to you.

I don't need to worry about things because I understand that I control my own destiny and plan accordingly. I understand the importance of an internal locus of control and not normalizing deviance to standards.
So you worry about (concern yourself with) controlling and planning your own destiny, and "an internal locus of control and not normalizing deviance to standards."

Forum List

Back