At The Core Of America’s Problems….

….is the institution owned and operated by Liberalism, Incorporated.

The public school system.

1.According to the Atlantic mag article, political correctness is held, pretty much, in disrepute by a majority of the citizenry.

“Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture”
Large Majorities Dislike Political Correctness - The Atlantic

May be a sign that the excesses of Liberalism have poisoned that well, and America may very well be off to better, less divisive times.

2. A corollary to that view is found in this article, with a similar view of the public schools

This article from the NYPost may just be one more of the sign of the death throes of Leftism.

Parents are giving up on public schools to home-school their kidshttps://nypost.com/2018/10/12/paren...c-schools-in-droves-to-homeschool-their-kids/

“Taty Sena of Park … home-schools her 6-year-old daughter.

she lives in an area “with one of the best public schools in the city, PS 321,” she says. “And the vice principal of that school is one of my best friends, who is a great defender of children and their right for a childhood, so that was not a concern at all.”

…she says she no longer has faith in an “unnatural system created during the industrialization era.”…

Homeschooling….the answer to both the indoctrination instituted by the public schools, and the lack of education therein.

Another problem with home schooling: A regulated secular education designed for ALL Americans to learn the same things is far preferable to christian homeschoolers teaching one set of lies while muslim homeschoolers teach a different set of lies.

In secular schools your children will not learn to hate liberals simply because we disagree with you.

In YOUR schools you will teach your children that EVERYONE who isn't lock step conservative is "the enemy" who must be "purged"....

I really don't like the idea of muslims homeschooling their children to be terrorists....

do you?

1.According to the Atlantic mag article, political correctness is held, pretty much, in disrepute by a majority of the citizenry.

May be a sign that the excesses of Liberalism have poisoned that well, and America may very well be off to better, less divisive times.

2. A corollary to that view is found in this article, with a similar view of the public schools

This article from the NYPost may just be one more of the sign of the death throes of Leftism.

Parents are giving up on public schools to home-school their kidshttps://nypost.com/2018/10/12/paren...c-schools-in-droves-to-homeschool-their-kids/

she lives in an area “with one of the best public schools in the city, PS 321,” she says. “And the vice principal of that school is one of my best friends, who is a great defender of children and their right for a childhood, so that was not a concern at all.”

…she says she no longer has faith in an “unnatural system created during the industrialization era.”…

Homeschooling….the answer to both the indoctrination instituted by the public schools, and the lack of education therein.

Another problem with home schooling: A regulated secular education designed for ALL Americans to learn the same things is far preferable to christian homeschoolers teaching one set of lies while muslim homeschoolers teach a different set of lies.

In secular schools your children will not learn to hate liberals simply because we disagree with you.

In YOUR schools you will teach your children that EVERYONE who isn't lock step conservative is "the enemy" who must be "purged"....

I really don't like the idea of muslims homeschooling their children to be terrorists....

do you?

" A regulated secular education designed for ALL Americans..."

Knowing less than nothing is never a bar for you Liberals, huh, mud?

...homeschooling parents are super-regulated.

“On top of a letter of intent, which is due annually, parents need to submit an Individualized Home Instruction Plan (their full education curriculum including syllabi, materials and textbooks) followed by four quarterly reports and a year-end assessment. Seven different documents in all, which are due again the following year. Every piece of paperwork needs to be delivered to the Central Office of Home Schooling in New York City,

Proving that a home-schooled child gets a passing grade isn’t as easy as a parent believing that they did, at least not in New York. For Koski, she files quarterly reports for both of her daughters to the district superintendent, in which she documents not just how many hours they’ve studied and a full description of each subject, but also “a grade or narrative evolution of their progress,” she says.

There are standardized tests that need to be taken, every other year between grades 4 and 8 and then annually from grades 9 to 12, either administered at a public school or at home by a “New York state certified teacher,” according to official regulations.” https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/paren...c-schools-in-droves-to-homeschool-their-kids/

Everything is documented.

Sooooo…..why do the Liberals/Fascists want to ban home schooling??????

I bet you know why.

C'mon, mud...you don't have to be stupid your entire life....

....take a day off.

do you?

"....christian homeschoolers teaching one set of lies while muslim homeschoolers teach a different set of lies."

I notice you couldn't find any such "lies" to provide as examples.

Why is that, mud?

5. “Religious fundamentalists once made up the majority of home-schoolers, but not anymore. The reasons parents are seeking nontraditional education options are now far more eclectic. Today, parents who opt for home-schooling are concerned about everything from school shootings to bullying to academic standards.

They’re rejecting the one-size-fits-all model and according to a 2018 PDK/Gallup poll, 55 percent of adults think today’s kids are getting a far worse education than they had in their youth. (It’s the biggest drop since the poll started asking the question in 1973.)”
https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/paren...c-schools-in-droves-to-homeschool-their-kids/

And that’s a fact…..we had the best education system in the world before Liberals took charge.

"Why Can’t American Students Compete?

...32 percent of U.S. public and private-school students in the class of 2011 are deemed proficient in mathematics, placing the United States 32nd among the 65 nations that participated in the latest international tests administered by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). The United States ranks between Portugal and Italy and far behind South Korea, Finland, Canada, and the Netherlands, to say nothing of the city of Shanghai, with its 75 percent proficiency rate."
Why Can’t American Students Compete?

Liberals in charge.....that's why.
Just look at liberal run cities... Nough said.
I took your advice and looked at liberal run cities and found that they`re on the top of the Best Cities to Live In lists. LOL! Thanks.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...hese-are-the-10-best-cities-to-live-in-the-us
They don't talk about the hidden parts or about the embarrassing areas do they ??? You don't get out much do you or rather you don't go over to the other side of the tracks, maybe or into the inner cities and/or into the historic projects ?? Well the poverty is still with us, and it is growing continually.

Politicians, city officials are great at hiding things, even when it's right in front of our faces to see.

Public Schools are the great Equalizer in our society

They are what makes America Great

Both the OP and this are vastly overstated. I mean c'mon. The schools are neither the "great evil" nor what Make American Great. Give me a break.

Some are abhorrent. Some are fantastic. Some are just okay. Some have fabulous, dedicated teachers. Some do not. Some have great families. Some do not.

I mean think about it: there are schools in every little neighborhood from coast-to-coast. You can no more say they are sweepingly THIS way or THAT way as you can say Brooklyn is like Small Town Nebraska is like Berkeley is like Hawaii. That's just stupid.

This thread is stupid too, guaranteed, because posters are making grand sweeping statements and will not give an inch. Already had that experience with the OP. When she disagrees she will just call names. Wonderful.

do you?

"....christian homeschoolers teaching one set of lies while muslim homeschoolers teach a different set of lies."

Why is that, mud?

We had a child come in from homeschooling in fifth grade who could not read. I mean not even at all, even a little bit.

Do not even try to pretend that all homeschooling is perfect and never fails, because that makes you dunderheaded. Homeschooling generally is successful, but there are exceptions and parents who do it very poorly, even parents who do it to hide abuse.

Easily fixed. End the government monopoly on affordable education.
It is the people’s monopoly on affordable education

The People suck at running the market for affordable education.

Once again, we see valuing intention over results. Sad.

We the people control the education system at the grassroots level

A free public school education is imperative to the success of our nation. Turning our public schools over to the private sector will have the same results as making our prisons a profit enterprise

No we don't. The Dept of Ed and the state has too much control.

I wouldn't say do it by money in order to starve them out, but do it by ballot box in order to vote them out. This way the innocent children don't get caught up in it.

Only the top is affected.

A free market for education would respond to all consumer demand, rich and poor alike. Sorry, but the idea that "If only my guy was in charge" is a fallacy. No central planning will fix it, but freedom will.
Put the curriculum on the ballot.. End of story.

That's ^^^ a great idea (NOT). Image the millions of dollars to be spent to support charter and religious schools which require tuition.

One more way to F. those who can't afford a new car, health insurance and higher education. Our taxes pay for the public school system, every school district has a school board, I suggest you and PC toss your hat in the ring. I'm sure you believe the two of you have all the answers and solutions to the problems you see.
Those boards should be made to answer to those parents just like government is supposed to represent the people. That hasn't been the case for quite sometime now, and that is why we are seeing the issue getting stronger and stronger by the day in this country.

Some boards may not answer to the community, most boards do.

[have you ever attended a school board meeting?]

The issue is getting stronger (opposition to public ed.) because conservatives smell profit, and those who hope to profit from a private school a) want the tax payer to subsidize the cost, and b) to kick out any child on their whim, and c) cut the school tax making the schools less effective and open to more criticism.

Nope. If you're going to take taxpayer money, then you sure enough need to take any child who comes through the doors. And let me tell you, with the behaviors and the mental/behavior health challenges we see now, which are manifest and profound, you will NOT get that pristine private-school environment you're looking for.

But whatever. Nero has been fiddling for a long time already.

Easily fixed. End the government monopoly on affordable education.

And, as to that point....

"...home-schooling doesn’t come cheap. Katrina Maloney, who lives in New York and is married to a TV director, has been home-schooling her 11-year-old daughter, Marriana, from the beginning, and she estimates the cost of a home education at roughly $10,000 a year. (The average cost for a private school in Manhattan, according to the National Association of Independent Schools, is $44,050.) That includes expenses for books, field trips, museum memberships, transportation, online classes, home-schooling clubs and miscellaneous supplies, among other expenditures.

“Everything has to be paid for out of pocket,” says Maloney, a former director for early education turned full-time mom. “For families that can’t afford to have only one working parent, it can be a real sacrifice.”
https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/paren...c-schools-in-droves-to-homeschool-their-kids/

You shot yourself in the foot. $10k to the average American family is far beyond their means. Two kids, double it, three and they are below the poverty level, and above the benefits currently available to the poor.

As in every other exchange we have had, I am the expert.

I am the homeschool parent.

There are a range of expenses depending on the path one chooses....I uses K12...

1534536660269.jpg

Wonderful. If you are the "homeschool expert" just because you homeschool, then surely I am the "public school expert", because I have taught in public schools for these 24 years plus. And I can tell you the stuff you're spewing here about what YOU know about public schools is somewhat correct but mostly wrong.

5. “Religious fundamentalists once made up the majority of home-schoolers, but not anymore. The reasons parents are seeking nontraditional education options are now far more eclectic. Today, parents who opt for home-schooling are concerned about everything from school shootings to bullying to academic standards.

They’re rejecting the one-size-fits-all model and according to a 2018 PDK/Gallup poll, 55 percent of adults think today’s kids are getting a far worse education than they had in their youth. (It’s the biggest drop since the poll started asking the question in 1973.)”

And that’s a fact…..we had the best education system in the world before Liberals took charge.

...32 percent of U.S. public and private-school students in the class of 2011 are deemed proficient in mathematics, placing the United States 32nd among the 65 nations that participated in the latest international tests administered by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). The United States ranks between Portugal and Italy and far behind South Korea, Finland, Canada, and the Netherlands, to say nothing of the city of Shanghai, with its 75 percent proficiency rate."

It might be 'educational' to look at the high school in Florida....

"At least 17 people were killed Wednesday in a high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, the Broward County Sheriff's office said...."
Sheriff: At least 17 dead in shooting at Florida high school

Liberals, the Obama administration,imposed regulations on schools that forbid police being called when felonious students run amuck.
As a result of the school's acquiescence to the Liberal protocol, Nikolas Cruz had no police record, and was able to pass a background check and purchase the gun that killed 17 innocents.
One more tragedy at the intersection of Liberalism and education.

Teachers and staff can absolutely call the police/emergency personnel in the state of Florida. I just did so last week when there was an emergency in my classroom.

1. Do you work at Parkland???

No?

Then, you don't know what you're talking about.

2. But, at issue in this post is the manipulation of the education system to provide, not education…or even equality….but a special class of Americans ready and proven to do harm to the others.

Under the racist administration of Obama, the Department of Justice's civil rights division and the Department of Education's office for civil rights “informed school officials that they would be investigating more than disciplinary policies applied variably across racial lines. Now, uniformly constructed and applied disciplinary policies would be viewed as noncompliant if they produce disparate results.

One doesn't need to be a constitutional or civil rights law scholar to see this as a problem.

And, in fact, when current Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was assistant secretary for civil rights at the Department of Education in 1981, his guidelines were quite clear that discrimination constituted different rules or different application of those rules between races -- not uniform rules and applications that produce disparate results."
School disciplinary policies must be local

3. Let’s do that again: Obama’s regime warned schools that they would be investigated by the Justice Department, and lose federal funds, if they disciplined black and Hispanic students at a higher rate than white or Asian.

No matter the reasons, the infractions, issues, actions or behavior of the individuals in question.

Only ethnicity or skin color mattered.

4. Obama and the Liberals, never able to see beyond skin color, demanded that minority students no longer be disciplined…..

“….new discipline guidelines strongly recommending that the nation's schools use law enforcement measures and out-of-school suspensions as a last resort. Announced jointly by Duncan and then-Attorney General Eric Holder, the new procedures came as more than friendly guidance from Uncle Sam – they also came with threats of federal investigations and defunding for districts that refused to fully comply.”
https://www.realclearinvestigations...cipline_policy_and_the_parkland_shooting.html

“…in just the first year after the Obama administration issued its anti-discipline edict, public schools failed to expel more than 30,000 students who physically attacked teachers or staff across the country. Previously, “if you hit a teach, you’re gone,” he said, but that is no longer the case.”
Ibid.

"...physically attacked teachers..."

This is the sort of nation Democrats/Liberals plan for you.

Pick up a newspaper once in a while, you dunce.

This is undeniably a huge problem in the public schools and I'm encouraged to see that most teachers are dead sick of it. More and more teachers are not putting up with it.

I think you're not crediting teachers with the correct reason they put up with being assaulted however--most teachers are actually compassionate teachers and most children who do the assaulting have some kind of special education diagnoses. So we want to be "compassionate". But the tide is turning on that. Look it up for yourself and see how many teachers are injured on the job....

do you?

Why is that, mud?

We had a child come in from homeschooling in fifth grade who could not read. I mean not even at all, even a little bit.

Do not even try to pretend that all homeschooling is perfect and never fails, because that makes you dunderheaded. Homeschooling generally is successful, but there are exceptions and parents who do it very poorly, even parents who do it to hide abuse.

Seems I must regularly educate you.

Try to remember this: the plural of anecdote is not 'data.'

This is data:

Standardized test results for 16,000 home educated children, grades K-12, were analyzed in 1994 by researcher Dr. Brian Ray. He found the nationwide grand mean in reading for homeschoolers was at the 79th percentile; for language and math, the 73rd percentile. This ranking means home-educated students performed better than approximately 77% of the sample population on whom the test was normed. Nearly 80% of homeschooled children achieved individual scores above the national average and 54.7% of the 16,000 homeschoolers achieved individual scores in the top quarter of the population, more than double the number of conventional school students who score in the top quarter. 1

A Harvard University (MA) admissions officer said most of their home-educated students "have done very well. They usually are very motivated in what they do." Results of the SAT and SAT II, an essay, an interview, and a letter of recommendation are the main requirements for home-educated applicants. "[Transcripts are] irrelevant because a transcript is basically a comparison to other students in the school."
HSLDA | Homeschooled Students Excel in College

Recent statistics from The College Board and the American College Testing Program (ACT) indicate that home schoolers are exceeding the national average test scores on both the SAT and the ACT college entrance exams. In 1999, the 2219 students who identified themselves as home schooled students on the SAT test, scored an average of 1083 (verbal 548, math 535), 67 points above the national average of 1016. A perfect SAT score is 1600. Also in 1999, 3616 home school students taking the ACT scored an average of 22.7, compared to the national average of 21, a perfect score being 36.
College-bound Home Schoolers Make Headlines (HSLDA | National Center News)

The Results

Overall the study showed significant advances in homeschool academic achievement as well as revealing that issues such as student gender, parents’ education level, and family income had little bearing on the results of homeschooled students.

National Average Percentile Scores

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

a. Core is a combination of Reading, Language, and Math.
b. Composite is a combination of all subtests that the student took on the test.

There was little difference between the results of homeschooled boys and girls on core scores.
HSLDA: New Nationwide Study Confirms Homeschool Academic Achievement

"At least 17 people were killed Wednesday in a high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, the Broward County Sheriff's office said...."

Liberals, the Obama administration,imposed regulations on schools that forbid police being called when felonious students run amuck.
As a result of the school's acquiescence to the Liberal protocol, Nikolas Cruz had no police record, and was able to pass a background check and purchase the gun that killed 17 innocents.

Teachers and staff can absolutely call the police/emergency personnel in the state of Florida. I just did so last week when there was an emergency in my classroom.

No?

2. But, at issue in this post is the manipulation of the education system to provide, not education…or even equality….but a special class of Americans ready and proven to do harm to the others.

Under the racist administration of Obama, the Department of Justice's civil rights division and the Department of Education's office for civil rights “informed school officials that they would be investigating more than disciplinary policies applied variably across racial lines. Now, uniformly constructed and applied disciplinary policies would be viewed as noncompliant if they produce disparate results.

One doesn't need to be a constitutional or civil rights law scholar to see this as a problem.

And, in fact, when current Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was assistant secretary for civil rights at the Department of Education in 1981, his guidelines were quite clear that discrimination constituted different rules or different application of those rules between races -- not uniform rules and applications that produce disparate results."

3. Let’s do that again: Obama’s regime warned schools that they would be investigated by the Justice Department, and lose federal funds, if they disciplined black and Hispanic students at a higher rate than white or Asian.

No matter the reasons, the infractions, issues, actions or behavior of the individuals in question.

4. Obama and the Liberals, never able to see beyond skin color, demanded that minority students no longer be disciplined…..

“….new discipline guidelines strongly recommending that the nation's schools use law enforcement measures and out-of-school suspensions as a last resort. Announced jointly by Duncan and then-Attorney General Eric Holder, the new procedures came as more than friendly guidance from Uncle Sam – they also came with threats of federal investigations and defunding for districts that refused to fully comply.”
https://www.realclearinvestigations...cipline_policy_and_the_parkland_shooting.html

“…in just the first year after the Obama administration issued its anti-discipline edict, public schools failed to expel more than 30,000 students who physically attacked teachers or staff across the country. Previously, “if you hit a teach, you’re gone,” he said, but that is no longer the case.”
Ibid.

This is undeniably a huge problem in the public schools and I'm encouraged to see that most teachers are dead sick of it. More and more teachers are not putting up with it.

I think you're not crediting teachers with the correct reason they put up with being assaulted however--most teachers are actually compassionate teachers and most children who do the assaulting have some kind of special education diagnoses. So we want to be "compassionate". But the tide is turning on that. Look it up for yourself and see how many teachers are injured on the job....

Please try to read more carefully.

If you can accomplish that feat, you'll realize that my objections are to the system, to those who control the public system, Liberal activists.

As I have noted....to you....in the past, I have several friends who are teachers and resent what those in charge have done to what was once the best educational system in the world.

For remediation, you might pick up a copy of
“Troublemaker,” by Chester E. Finn, Jr. Former Assistant Secretary of Education under President Reagan.

do you?

Why is that, mud?

This is data:

Standardized test results for 16,000 home educated children, grades K-12, were analyzed in 1994 by researcher Dr. Brian Ray. He found the nationwide grand mean in reading for homeschoolers was at the 79th percentile; for language and math, the 73rd percentile. This ranking means home-educated students performed better than approximately 77% of the sample population on whom the test was normed. Nearly 80% of homeschooled children achieved individual scores above the national average and 54.7% of the 16,000 homeschoolers achieved individual scores in the top quarter of the population, more than double the number of conventional school students who score in the top quarter. 1

A Harvard University (MA) admissions officer said most of their home-educated students "have done very well. They usually are very motivated in what they do." Results of the SAT and SAT II, an essay, an interview, and a letter of recommendation are the main requirements for home-educated applicants. "[Transcripts are] irrelevant because a transcript is basically a comparison to other students in the school."

Recent statistics from The College Board and the American College Testing Program (ACT) indicate that home schoolers are exceeding the national average test scores on both the SAT and the ACT college entrance exams. In 1999, the 2219 students who identified themselves as home schooled students on the SAT test, scored an average of 1083 (verbal 548, math 535), 67 points above the national average of 1016. A perfect SAT score is 1600. Also in 1999, 3616 home school students taking the ACT scored an average of 22.7, compared to the national average of 21, a perfect score being 36.

The Results

Overall the study showed significant advances in homeschool academic achievement as well as revealing that issues such as student gender, parents’ education level, and family income had little bearing on the results of homeschooled students.

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

b. Composite is a combination of all subtests that the student took on the test.

There was little difference between the results of homeschooled boys and girls on core scores.

I already said that homeschooling is generally successful. However your stats do not refute the accounts of children who come from homeschooling neglected physically, emotionally and academically. Because that does happen. It will probably happen even more as homeschooling can be done more cheaply with free online schools available.

No?

Ibid.

If you can accomplish that feat, you'll realize that my objections are to the system, to those who control the public system, Liberal activists.

As I have noted....to you....in the past, I have several friends who are teachers and resent what those in charge have done to what was once the best educational system in the world.

“Troublemaker,” by Chester E. Finn, Jr. Former Assistant Secretary of Education under President Reagan.

Yes, and I'm sure all of your friends are in NY, or on the East Coast. NY is a very liberal state and also a very liberal city. I am not in such a liberal place and am here to tell you it's not the same all over, which you routinely fail to see. You see what is around YOU and extrapolate that to everywhere.

That's extremely short-sighted.

do you?

Why is that, mud?

This is data:

The Results

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

I already said that homeschooling is generally successful. However your stats do not refute the accounts of children who come from homeschooling neglected physically, emotionally and academically. Because that does happen. It will probably happen even more as homeschooling can be done more cheaply with free online schools available.

Actually, this is what you said:
"We had a child come in from homeschooling in fifth grade who could not read. I mean not even at all, even a little bit.

Do not even try to pretend that all homeschooling is perfect and never fails, because that makes you dunderheaded."

It was the take-away of your post, as you intended.

do you?

Why is that, mud?

This is data:

The Results

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

Actually, this is what you said:
"We had a child come in from homeschooling in fifth grade who could not read. I mean not even at all, even a little bit.

Do not even try to pretend that all homeschooling is perfect and never fails, because that makes you dunderheaded."

It was the take-away of your post, as you intended.

My assertion was that not every homeschooling situation is perfect. Overall it's good, but not every situation is good. There are bad ones for sure. Are you going to deny that?

No?

Ibid.

Yes, and I'm sure all of your friends are in NY, or on the East Coast. NY is a very liberal state and also a very liberal city. I am not in such a liberal place and am here to tell you it's not the same all over, which you routinely fail to see. You see what is around YOU and extrapolate that to everywhere.

I'm sure you don't read, as you have conflated an anecdote with actual data, but the big picture is that the public schools are no longer about education.

Earlier American presidents, Republicans and Democrats alike, agreed on two basic goals: teach the newcomers English and make them Americans. The clear aim was to strengthen our national identity--to reinforce the unum in e pluribus unum--by assimilating the new arrivals into American civilization. Anti-Americanization

Just as campuses were in a stir over the rise of multiculturalism and identity studies, Schlesinger wrote "The Disuniting of America : Reflections on a Multicultural Society," (1991). In it he warned fellow liberals that the looming cult of victimhood, seemingly a liberal crusade, was actually an anti-liberal virus that threatened to destroy the very foundations of American democracy. In fact, what this academic groupthink represented was a closing of the liberal mind.

Armed with the new sense of mission and moral superiority, academic elites balkanized and politicized the study of society and culture, and wrapped their Gramcian Marxist critiques in an impenetrable jargon that only they could understand.
From "The Victim's Revolution," Bruce Bawer.

I'd be happy to prove the names of several books that are scholarly and interesting that would put you on the right path.
Just say the word.

No?

Ibid.

I'm sure you don't read, as you have conflated an anecdote with actual data, but the big picture is that the public schools are no longer about education.

Earlier American presidents, Republicans and Democrats alike, agreed on two basic goals: teach the newcomers English and make them Americans. The clear aim was to strengthen our national identity--to reinforce the unum in e pluribus unum--by assimilating the new arrivals into American civilization. Anti-Americanization

Just as campuses were in a stir over the rise of multiculturalism and identity studies, Schlesinger wrote "The Disuniting of America : Reflections on a Multicultural Society," (1991). In it he warned fellow liberals that the looming cult of victimhood, seemingly a liberal crusade, was actually an anti-liberal virus that threatened to destroy the very foundations of American democracy. In fact, what this academic groupthink represented was a closing of the liberal mind.

Armed with the new sense of mission and moral superiority, academic elites balkanized and politicized the study of society and culture, and wrapped their Gramcian Marxist critiques in an impenetrable jargon that only they could understand.

I'd be happy to prove the names of several books that are scholarly and interesting that would put you on the right path.
Just say the word.

I did not conflate. Data does not tell the entire story and you well know it. You can say 99% of people with this disease will recover, but if your mother dies with it, your mother dies. The data does not tell YOUR story and you know it. Homeschooling is GENERALLY successful but it does not tell EVERY story. It does not change the story of my ex-student who came into fifth grade unable to read anything at all.

You are telling me an anecdote up above. You are taking one version of what happens in public schools and saying this happens everywhere. It's one author's take. You don't know that this happens everywhere. You haven't got a clue about that.

No?

Ibid.

Just say the word.

I did not conflate. Data does not tell the entire story and you well know it. You can say 99% of people with this disease will recover, but if your mother dies with it, your mother dies. The data does not tell YOUR story and you know it. Homeschooling is GENERALLY successful but it does not tell EVERY story. It does not change the story of my ex-student who came into fifth grade unable to read anything at all.

You are telling me an anecdote up above. You are taking one version of what happens in public schools and saying this happens everywhere. It's one author's take. You don't know that this happens everywhere. You haven't got a clue about that.

Seems we agree that you don't read.

Sad.

Forum List

Back