At my age of 80 I may not see 2030... But many of the rest of you ... where will you get the following???

Albuquerque and Santa Fe are crummy cities that are loaded down with moonbats.
It's so nuts. Drug addicts would steal a solar panel just to get a fix of heroin, which they shoot up right on the street while walking along.

What does any of that drivel have to do with what I said?

Neither the "green" electrical generation racket nor the EV fad are market driven, which is the relevant passage in the Reason piece that you posted said.

Of course, you -of all people- positing a piece from Reason to try and make your case is laughable in the first place, so there had to be something that you glossed over, at it was discovered all too easily.
You really need to learn to read. Saving money on gasoline is not "market-driven"?

As for quoting from Reason magazine? I will quote Mother Jones, next time. Will that help?

So the Energy policy act was past. Where are the electric power plants?
Between 2022 and 2025, 27.3 gigawatts (GW) of new natural gas-fired capacity is scheduled to come online in the United States, according to our latest Monthly Electric Generator Inventory. This added capacity would increase current capacity (489.1 GW as of August 2021) by 6%. Many of the planned natural gas-fired capacity additions are located close to major shale plays in the Appalachia region and Texas and in Florida.

Wow.. between now and 2025 about 27,300,000,000 kWh to come online. Hmm... given that number, by 2025: 3% of ALL EV trucks/cars will be serviced.
Remember..to service the 3,951,310 trucks (AGAIN no mention of Trucks!!!) and 26,400,000 EVs according to the Biden administration in 7 years we'll need
726,121,801,738 kWh of electricity. So where will that come from?
In 2021 11,070 generated 4,240,000,000,000 kWh of energy or a total of 383 million kWh per power plant.
To get the additional 726,121,801,738 kWh of electricity for all the EV cars/trucks divided by 383 million kWh per plant will require and 1,895 power plants planned,
built and operational by 2030...6.5 years from now.
FACT! And please if you want to use Wind Turbines or Solar panels please me as I've got the data on how many solar panels (3'X5') panel generates (Domestic solar panel systems typically have a capacity of between 1 kW and 4 kW per 12 hour day(remember the sun doesn't shine 24 hours) so to generate 726 billion kWh by
solar panels that cost $200/panel would require..497,343,700 panels or $99,468,739,964 just for the additional EVs.

Badger plans a visit to the jungles of southern Indiana, though right now an ebike is problematic:

1. Battery range is limited.

2. Batteries have not yet been universalized so that they could go into a vending machine along the way for quick exchanges, no waiting. This would be a major boost for the industry.

3. An improved ebike infrastructure would exploit intrastate-to-interstate travel, though these are still constricted to closure @ 11PM at night (likely to keep local property owners satisfied) unlike petroleum-addiction interstates now open 24/7. An example of this potential is Badger State Trail [Wisconsin] which turns into Jane Addams State Trail [Illinois].

You really need to learn to read. Saving money on gasoline is not "market-driven"?

As for quoting from Reason magazine? I will quote Mother Jones, next time. Will that help?
"Saving money on gasoline" at what cost?....$60,000 for a base model Tesla will buy a lot of gasoline....You really do think there's free lunch, don't you?

Again, reading comprehension fails you...I noted that if you were posing something from a publication like Reason to make your statist case, there obviously had to be something that you were glossing over, if not ignoring outright...Turns out I was correct.

So the Energy policy act was past. Where are the electric power plants?
Between 2022 and 2025, 27.3 gigawatts (GW) of new natural gas-fired capacity is scheduled to come online in the United States, according to our latest Monthly Electric Generator Inventory. This added capacity would increase current capacity (489.1 GW as of August 2021) by 6%. Many of the planned natural gas-fired capacity additions are located close to major shale plays in the Appalachia region and Texas and in Florida.

Wow.. between now and 2025 about 27,300,000,000 kWh to come online. Hmm... given that number, by 2025: 3% of ALL EV trucks/cars will be serviced.
Remember..to service the 3,951,310 trucks (AGAIN no mention of Trucks!!!) and 26,400,000 EVs according to the Biden administration in 7 years we'll need
726,121,801,738 kWh of electricity. So where will that come from?
In 2021 11,070 generated 4,240,000,000,000 kWh of energy or a total of 383 million kWh per power plant.
To get the additional 726,121,801,738 kWh of electricity for all the EV cars/trucks divided by 383 million kWh per plant will require and 1,895 power plants planned,
built and operational by 2030...6.5 years from now.
FACT! And please if you want to use Wind Turbines or Solar panels please me as I've got the data on how many solar panels (3'X5') panel generates (Domestic solar panel systems typically have a capacity of between 1 kW and 4 kW per 12 hour day(remember the sun doesn't shine 24 hours) so to generate 726 billion kWh by
solar panels that cost $200/panel would require..497,343,700 panels or $99,468,739,964 just for the additional EVs.
:sleeping-smiley-015: In other words... you are not interested in answers but just here to whine? Okay dokey.

"Saving money on gasoline" at what cost?....You really do think there's free lunch, don't you?
LOL What cost? In other words, do nothing but just stay hostage to the petroleum industry?

Again, bud. Learn to read. I posted some good reading materials. And yes, even from Reason magazine. Read up and maybe...just maybe... you may even learn something. Good luck.

I've put this up many times and some of you dummies complain the numbers change! DUH!
Of course numbers change but if the following numbers are off by 50% i.e. there won't be 26,400,000 EV cars on the road or 3,951,310 EV trucks (which Biden's EEI.org apparently doesn't COUNT trucks!) by the time I am no longer here... BUT the rest of you... you will have to figure out where to come up with $600 TRILLION to build the power plants to generate the additional electricity.
I just don't comprehend why more people don't understand.

In 2022, about 4.24 trillion kWh of electricity were generated at utility-scale electricity generation facilities in the United States.

About 60% of this electricity generation was from fossil fuels—coal, natural gas, petroleum, and other gases.
About 18% was from nuclear energy, and about 22% was from renewable energy sources.
Almost 2/3rds of all our electricity comes from what this idiot wants to do away with!

AND NOTE: THE attached doesn't account for the fact that this idiot wants to do away with the electricity generating plants that provide 2/3rds of our electricity!

So folks I'm not going to be bothered with worrying as to where $600 Trillion to $1.2 Quadrillion is going to come from... as I probably won't be around to suffer from
constant electricity shortages due to EVs and the idiot's GUARANTEE!:

Biden guarantees: I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

View attachment 802555

Old people like you don’t mind if we live on a shithole rock in space. People like me with years to go and kids that will have kids think you should STFU. Progress happens over people like you.

LOL What cost? In other words, do nothing but just stay hostage to the petroleum industry?
"Hostage", using vehicles with a lower cost, in both terms of out-of-pocket fuel expense and environmental degradation....Oh the horror!
Again, bud. Learn to read. I posted some good reading materials. And yes, even from Reason magazine. Read up and maybe...just maybe... you may even learn something. Good luck.
I read the piece, you didn't....I caught the phrase that you ignored....Deal with it.

The whale oil crisis is fascinating.. It slowly increased in price as kerosene became more available and less expensive. Zaki Yamani said, "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones".
Exactly. Initially, Rockefeller made his fortune by turning kerosene into oil. Not for automobiles, there weren't that many of them, but to light people's homes Whale oil was coming to an end.

Even EV cars are still way too bulemic.

Micro-transport starts with basics.

43 Volts 10 Amps, No Battery

Appeal to emotion....Not an argument.
Your argument was that if we develop new energy methods we will all run out of energy because fossil fuels are a big portion of it today. That's not data. That's emotion.

Your argument was that if we develop new energy methods we will all run out of energy because fossil fuels are a big portion of it today. That's not data. That's emotion.
Not my argument at all.....My argument, backed up by basic mathematics, is that your "alternatives" are such a net loss that they need to be subsidized....You really have no economically alternative but nukes, which your ilk rules out out-of-hand

But you mewling about your cheeeellllrennnn is an appeal to emotion and not an argument.

I've put this up many times and some of you dummies complain the numbers change! DUH!
Of course numbers change but if the following numbers are off by 50% i.e. there won't be 26,400,000 EV cars on the road or 3,951,310 EV trucks (which Biden's EEI.org apparently doesn't COUNT trucks!) by the time I am no longer here... BUT the rest of you... you will have to figure out where to come up with $600 TRILLION to build the power plants to generate the additional electricity.
I just don't comprehend why more people don't understand.

In 2022, about 4.24 trillion kWh of electricity were generated at utility-scale electricity generation facilities in the United States.

About 60% of this electricity generation was from fossil fuels—coal, natural gas, petroleum, and other gases.
About 18% was from nuclear energy, and about 22% was from renewable energy sources.
Almost 2/3rds of all our electricity comes from what this idiot wants to do away with!

AND NOTE: THE attached doesn't account for the fact that this idiot wants to do away with the electricity generating plants that provide 2/3rds of our electricity!

So folks I'm not going to be bothered with worrying as to where $600 Trillion to $1.2 Quadrillion is going to come from... as I probably won't be around to suffer from
constant electricity shortages due to EVs and the idiot's GUARANTEE!:

Biden guarantees: I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

View attachment 802555

Why are you still lying with that edited video? I showed you the whole video where he goes on to explain fossil fuels will be gone by 2050. Not that he is getting rid of fossil fuels.

Why are you still lying with that edited video? I showed you the whole video where he goes on to explain fossil fuels will be gone by 2050. Not that he is getting rid of fossil fuels.
The same reason the BIASED MSM kept showing video of Trump saying Drink Bleach THAT BIDEN was saying!
FACT: Joe Biden said..: On COVID-19, Donald Trump said that “maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay.
Trump never said it but you believed it because the MSM's Favorite Biden said it!
Besides Biden said "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” No time frame, just a simple I GUARANTEE. So is Biden a liar? Like these other lies
that the MSM does NOT repeat only honest people who are trying to help people like you stop believing EVERYTHING the biased MSM says!
LIE Last year, we funded 700,000 major construction projects — 700,000 all across America. From highways to airports to bridges to tunnels to broadband.”
Calling this claim “wildly inaccurate,” CNN’s Daniel Dale notes the president added two extra zeros to the correct number.
LIE Biden also touted a $2,000 annual cap on prescription drugs for Medicare recipients, “now in effect,” recipients that won’t come into effect for another two years.
LIE Biden also took a shot at President Donald Trump by falsely asserting that only 3.5 million Americanseven had their first [COVID] vaccination, because the other guy and the other team didn’t think it mattered a whole lot.”
In fact, by the time Trump left office in January 2021, 19 million Americans had in fact received their first vaccine.
LIE
Back to the speech last Thursday, Biden also falsely asserted that America’s billionaires “pay virtually only 3% of their income now – 3%, they pay” in taxes.
Afterward, the White House revised the figure to 8%, though that, too, is misleadingly citing a figure counting unrealized capital gains.
Howard Gleckman, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute, is quoted by CNN as saying the figures are “way too low,” citing a 2019 paper by UC Berkeley economists indicating that the top 400 households in the country paid an effective tax rate of 23%.

I could continue this documented, substantiated comments of KNOWN BIDEN LIES...
BUT hope you do the same with your undocumented unsubstantiated comments.

Not my argument at all.....My argument, backed up by basic mathematics, is that your "alternatives" are such a net loss that they need to be subsidized....You really have no economically alternative but nukes, which your ilk rules out out-of-hand

But you mewling about your cheeeellllrennnn is an appeal to emotion and not an argument.
Paying more for cleaner energy isnt a deal breaker... and scale reduces costs.

That's fairly realistic. Petroleum will become more expensive and energy sources will become more diverse. The future is pretty bright. Old people often focus on the negative.

We have a choice.

The whale oil crisis is fascinating.. It slowly increased in price as kerosene became more available and less expensive. Zaki Yamani said, "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones".
Those Who Pose As the Wave of the Future Will Bring Us Tsunamis

Petroleum was an improvement on energy resources. The decadent clique sponsoring alt-fuels aren't capable of improving anything. They are a reversal in history. If truth could be told, they are the same ilk that corrupted the Classical Era and left the Dark Ages in its place.

Forum List

Back