Ask Unorthodox: What Do People Get Wrong About Judaism?

I have found that Christian gentiles are not only confused about Judaism, the history of Jews---
but even about Jesus. and the NT. It takes a jew to understand the NT. In reality ---most
people never read either the OT or the NT------but simply "Know" stuff about both. I will not
comment on what jews know or do not know------but will confine myself to the victims of
Christianity and sunday school------READY?? you don't know

I have found that Christian gentiles are not only confused about Judaism, the history of Jews---
but even about Jesus. and the NT. It takes a jew to understand the NT. In reality ---most
people never read either the OT or the NT------but simply "Know" stuff about both. I will not
comment on what jews know or do not know------but will confine myself to the victims of

Say that three times fast.

Seriously. wth?:eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

In reality ---most
people never read either the OT or the NT
Sounds fair. I found attempting to read them fully to be equivalent to trying to read other sacred texts such as the Ramayana. Instant ennui.

I read that one too------and bits and pieces of the BHAGAVAD GITA-----and -----or course----
ALL of the kamasudtra------at least twice. Of all ----the MOST DULL was the Koran.
I did not find Beowulf interesting-------but not so dull as the koran

Say that three times fast.

Seriously. wth?:eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

??? dondontknowdontkn........

I have read and researched both testaments in the Bible. It was time not well spent, but for sociological insight.

I have read and researched both testaments in the Bible. It was time not well spent, but for sociological insight.

that's ok-----so long as you kept your pants on

Why would I do that?

Thanks for informing us about what you do with your time.

Have you read the sayings of Margaret Thatcher?

Why would I do that?

a matter of personal dignity

I lived through it so in way I read them as they happened.

Why would I do that?

a matter of personal dignity
Pride before the fall

What did happen?

What did happen?
I think her and Reagan were knocking boots.

Sociological insight..or *social science* is a myth...kind of like the *science* of psychiatry.

Sociological insight..or *social science* is a myth...kind of like the *science* of psychiatry.
Not for an ancient sociologist, just a hobby of mine, researching civilizations and the human experience.

Forum List

Back