Ashers gay cake court case couple say they have done nothing wrong

or the gay couple can find another baker, which in this case is the easier choice, but you hate the people on the other side, so it's no surprise you want them to suffer.

Running to the law, typical fascist idiot.

But that was the point. AFTER They had been verbally abused by a religious asshole, the law was on their side.

NOw, here was the thing. The Klein's could festoon their store in Fred Phelps "God Hates Fags" signs, and LEGALLY, they wouldn't have an issue. They'd probably be shunned by the community. But legally, they'd be within their rights.

They didn't do that. Instead what they did was invite the Cryer-Bowman couple to their store and then refused them service, which IS against the law.

The Klein's didn't want to do that, they just don't want to bake a cake.When you have to plant vile views on anyone who disagrees with you, it makes your arguments look weak.

And in the end, ruining them over an invite and denial of service for a freaking cake is still overkill.

I think the difference is that a gay wedding is celebrating the union of two people in a homosexual relationship. Its a public declaration of support for said union. I don't see people having adultery parties and asking for an adultery cake, which would make your comparison more compelling.

The public declaration comes at the wedding ceremony the cake is for the guests at the party afterwards

The thing is no matter how you slice it baking a cake isn't a sin

Participating in and/or supporting a celebration of overt evil and immorality most certainly is a sin.
Overt evil? So the altar wine has been replaced with Kool Aid I see

Well then those holy people must also by your definition participate in and or support adultery, blasphemy, and all types of other sins every time they bake a cake for a sinner

So you see they are involved in biblical evils every day they must be going to hell anyway so why not make a cake for the gay guy?

Well liberals don't want honesty or discussion. Therefor you need to lie to them jack up and take their money. The liberals will so much happier when you do.

In our business we have dealings with the union workers, lots of demands, lots of unnecessary work because they don't have it together. We don't care for them so we charge more on our bids and let them decide. Our competitors do the same. So, just tell them you are busy or charge them more. Construction contractors will do that all the time. But don't be honest, liberals frown on such nonsense.

again, guy, if you want to have bad business practices, that's your business. You just can't discriminate.

You discriminate, everyone discriminates.

Every HR department discriminates. They try not to hire a bad fit for the company. You cannot discriminate based on age, race, color of ones skin, sex or sexual orientation. You can discriminate by attitude, availability, aptitude, presentation, conversation, the way the dress and a million other things.

Charging more for customers that take more man hours by being difficult, is a smart business practice, I keeps you profitable.

Considering I was born in the 70's, and matured well after any systemic racism would have given me any benefit, your pontificating is as usual, completely worthless.

Guy, the systemmatic racism of this society gives you and advantage today. They've done studies on how white people are more likely to get hired for jobs when all other factors are equal.

As for your maturing, you seem like you haven't "matured' past the stage of a 14 year old boy who has just read "Atlas Shrugged".

The Klein's didn't want to do that, they just don't want to bake a cake.When you have to plant vile views on anyone who disagrees with you, it makes your arguments look weak.

And in the end, ruining them over an invite and denial of service for a freaking cake is still overkill.

I didn't have to plant a vile view on the Klein's. The homophobic tirade that Mr. Klein yelled as Ms. Bowman and her mom kind of accomplished that. and you know what, the first Amendment allows this vile bigot to go on a homophobic tirade.

The minute he refused to provide the service he advertised and his wife invited the Cryer-Bowman couple to use, though, he was in violation of the law.

If you can't serve as a role model, we can make you serve as a warning... heh, heh, heh.....

the same reason that blacks just don't go to another lunch counter.

if you run a business, you have to accommodate the public.

Where, in the Constitution, does it allow for government to compel one to waive one's First Amendment rights as a condition of being allowed to make an honest living?

(Hint: It doesn't.)
So you have an issue with STATE public accomodation laws. Why don't you work to get your state's PA law repealed then?

More "check your privilege" bullshit. It's a weak way to deny another person's opinion as valid, used by weak people. Not surprised at all that you have gone running for it.

But considering balkanization and further victim racing is all your side has left as a debating tactic, I am even more not surprised.

Guy, you don't have a valid opinion. You are another white guy whining how he can't get his way on stuff anymore.

Considering I was born in the 70's, and matured well after any systemic racism would have given me any benefit, your pontificating is as usual, completely worthless.
Merely a young pup.

This couple are devout Christians, and they should not be forced against their will to communicate pro-same sex messages on a wedding cake.

That would be like going into a Christian newspaper and demanding they run an advertisement for a strip joint.

Guy, the systemmatic racism of this society gives you and advantage today. They've done studies on how white people are more likely to get hired for jobs when all other factors are equal.

As for your maturing, you seem like you haven't "matured' past the stage of a 14 year old boy who has just read "Atlas Shrugged".

ooooh "studies".....

The only people perpetuating racism today who actually matter are those on the left, and they do it to keep power via vicitimization and balkanization.

I didn't have to plant a vile view on the Klein's. The homophobic tirade that Mr. Klein yelled as Ms. Bowman and her mom kind of accomplished that. and you know what, the first Amendment allows this vile bigot to go on a homophobic tirade.

The minute he refused to provide the service he advertised and his wife invited the Cryer-Bowman couple to use, though, he was in violation of the law.

If you can't serve as a role model, we can make you serve as a warning... heh, heh, heh.....

Still and end run by you asshats.

And as for your last statement.... Go take a long walk on a short pier.

ooooh "studies".....

The only people perpetuating racism today who actually matter are those on the left, and they do it to keep power via vicitimization and balkanization.

Yeah, guy here's the thing. They did a test where they sent out hundreds of resumes with identical experience and education, and half of them had white sounding names like John and Mary, and half had black sounding names like Jamal and Moesha. Guess which ones got the call-backs?

And that's just the resumes. That's how pervasive racism still is in our society.

When you have a Presidential Candidate whose support has come mostly from white supremicist groups because he's willing to blame people of color for everything wrong in America, racism is really still a problem.

Not an end-run at all. People voted for Public Accommodation laws because they were reasonable. True, a few backwaters like Arkansas and Indiana tried to do a carve out for homophobes, but then they got slapped down really hard when they tried it.

If the Kleins hate gays so much, maybe they'd be happier in a business and a location where they aren't going to encounter any.

ooooh "studies".....

Yeah, guy here's the thing. They did a test where they sent out hundreds of resumes with identical experience and education, and half of them had white sounding names like John and Mary, and half had black sounding names like Jamal and Moesha. Guess which ones got the call-backs?

And that's just the resumes. That's how pervasive racism still is in our society.

When you have a Presidential Candidate whose support has come mostly from white supremicist groups because he's willing to blame people of color for everything wrong in America, racism is really still a problem.

Not an end-run at all. People voted for Public Accommodation laws because they were reasonable. True, a few backwaters like Arkansas and Indiana tried to do a carve out for homophobes, but then they got slapped down really hard when they tried it.

If the Kleins hate gays so much, maybe they'd be happier in a business and a location where they aren't going to encounter any.

I'm not noticing any links. Is this the same level of study as that gun control idiocy you keep quoting?

It's an end run, pure and simple. PA's were never meant to be defined as "any business".

And not wanting to be associated with someones wedding is not automatically "hate".

This couple are devout Christians, and they should not be forced against their will to communicate pro-same sex messages on a wedding cake.

That would be like going into a Christian newspaper and demanding they run an advertisement for a strip joint.

um, no. Newspapers are protected by the first amendment. Cakes are not.

Any form of artistic expression is covered by the First Amendment. Including custom cakes.

I'm not noticing any links. Is this the same level of study as that gun control idiocy you keep quoting?

Guy, I've posted this many times.

Are Emily and Greg More Employable than Lakisha and Jamal? A Field Experiment on Labor Market Discrimination

There's only so many times I can post something and have you pretend you didn't see them.

It's an end run, pure and simple. PA's were never meant to be defined as "any business".

Too bad 50 years of interpretations say otherwise.

And not wanting to be associated with someones wedding is not automatically "hate".

No, but screaming bible verses at someone's mom usually is.

Any form of artistic expression is covered by the First Amendment. Including custom cakes.

If a cake was being made as an artistic statement, you might have a point.

In this case, the cake was commerce. So, no, it isn't.

Again, take that privilege crap and cram it up your mormon hating ass.

White people whining about being oppressed. It's always hilarious to watch.

Imagine if they ever faced any real oppression.

"Waaaaaaa, I'm being forced to take money to provide a service I advertised and solicited to provide!!!"

If a cake was being made as an artistic statement, you might have a point.

All that “commerce” means is that it is being produced commercially, to be sold. The same is exactly true of most newspapers. “Commerce” has no bearing on freedom of expression and its protection under the First Amendment.

Government has no more legitimate authority, in this nation, to tell a baker what cake he must make, than to tell a newspaper what content it must publish.

About the only argument you could make that it is not would be to point out that the First Amendment only explicitly identifies freedoms of “speech” and “the press” as protected forms of expression, but by that argument, no modern form of expression, such as radio, TV, photography, or anything based on the Internet would be protected either.

Forum List

Back