Supreme court takes on high stakes gay wedding cake case

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Supreme Court Takes on High-Stakes Gay Wedding Cake Case

The Supreme Court is taking on a new clash between gay rights and religion in a case about a wedding cake for a same-sex couple in Colorado. The justices said Monday they will consider whether a baker who objects to same-sex marriage on religious grounds can refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. The case asks the high court to balance the religious rights of the baker against the couple’s right to equal treatment under the law. Similar disputes have popped up across the

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a news flash, go get your gawd dam cake somewhere else.
2. Wasting the Supreme courts time over a gawd dam cake!
you are real winners , gawd I hope these losers lose this case .

The Supreme Court is taking on a new clash between gay rights and religion in a case about a wedding cake for a same-sex couple in Colorado. The justices said Monday they will consider whether a baker who objects to same-sex marriage on religious grounds can refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. The case asks the high court to balance the religious rights of the baker against the couple’s right to equal treatment under the law. Similar disputes have popped up across the

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Steph, I guess soon we'll find out if the SC thinks gay people should be treated as human beings or not.

Not sure this is a case for the SCOTUS.

While I understand that he can object it very much depends on the stipulations issued when he was given a license to operate.

My guess is that the baker loses.

I can't figure out why these idiots have to push separation of church and state using such weak positions.

Well Steph, I guess soon we'll find out if the SC thinks gay people should be treated as human beings or not.

Yes, because getting the exact wedding cake you want at the expense of someone else's morals is the equivalent of treating them like untermenschen.

While I understand that he can object it very much depends on the stipulations issued when he was given a license to operate.

I can't figure out why these idiots have to push separation of church and state using such weak positions.

The best thing they can do is force agencies and courts to take into account the necessity of the service, is it an actual PA, and if the service can be easily gotten from someone else.

So no banning people from movie theaters (which recently was ironically done against men for those Wonder Women showings) but let the bakers contract for who they want.

A good point example is that a hotel could not deny a gay couple a room, but they wouldn't have to rent out their hall for a gay wedding.

Yes, because getting the exact wedding cake you want at the expense of someone else's morals is the equivalent of treating them like untermenschen.
What? A cake is a cake. Show me where cakes are mentioned in the Bible, Koran, Torah, Tripitaka, Vedas, etc.

What? A cake is a cake. Show me where cakes are mentioned in the Bible, Koran, Torah, Tripitaka, Vedas, etc.

Show me where marriage or abortion is mentioned in the Constitution.

I'm not going to enable your attempt to derail the thread. Your magical beliefs about cakes are not addressed by the constitution.

• Banned
But it's ok for a Muslim cake makers not to bake a cake for a gay.

So gawd dam hypocritical

I'm not going to enable your attempt to derail the thread. Your magical beliefs about cakes are not addressed by the constitution.

Neither are abortion or marriage. What is in the constitution is free exercise of religion, and since it is explicit, it is the burden of the government to provide a compelling interest to why it must deny said right, and when it does it has to remedy the situation in the least intrusive manner possible.

Easy...prove this baker has served others condemned in his bible....such as the divorced...the unwed parents, etc.

It isnt...so let's ASSUME that the don't exist legally.

No, what we assume is that if the document doesn't list them explicitly then anything involving them goes back to the State legislatures, unless there is an obvious federal need AND entry point.

The 14th amendment is an in, but it has been used far too frequently and too liberally.

No, what we assume is that if the document doesn't list them explicitly then anything involving them goes back to the State legislatures, unless there is an obvious federal need AND entry point.

The 14th amendment is an in, but it has been used far too frequently and too liberally.
Says who?

Says who?

Says me.

Have you ever had a business license? Nope. It just says business license on it and your name and address. There's is no long contract to rummage through and most business people are not lawyers or can hire one.

The case involves government over stepping its' authority though. That's what the constitution does, limits government power. You should not even need a religious excuse to not do business. I've turned down work on principle and the government is pushing more and more to strip citizens of their principles in favor of their own.

But it's ok for a Muslim cake makers not to bake a cake for a gay.
]

Nope- not okay.

Of course that video doesn't show that- what a piece of hack work.

But if you find a Muslim baker who refuses to bake you a cake for your 'gay wedding'- in a state that actually has a law that requires business's to serve people regardless of sexual orientation- you can file a complaint or sue.

Of course you can't actually find this Muslim baker.....

Forum List

Back