As a conservative, I am ashamed of Akin

Maybe because some people understand the difference between figuratively and literally.

Apparently the words were just too complicated for elvis.

I'm assuming you're referring to Meister, and not elvis. But, you still didn't answer my question, is it really that hard?

No, I was referring to elvis. He negged me for my post.

What's your question - a matter of "context"...?

Apparently the words were just too complicated for elvis.

I'm assuming you're referring to Meister, and not elvis. But, you still didn't answer my question, is it really that hard?

I should have known you were whining about a neg.

Look, what Biden said was the most racist remark I have ever heard from a president or vice president since LBJ. It was sub gutter politics at best, a clear sign that he knows this election is in some sincere trouble.

Because you can't claim gaffe when he goes into such detail
Because rape is a hot button issue
Because not everyone agrees that Biden was refrencing slavery and not just being his usual nitwit self.

Rape is a hot button issue? Is there seriously anyone in favor of it?

Look, what Biden said was the most racist remark I have ever heard from a president or vice president since LBJ. It was sub gutter politics at best, a clear sign that he knows this election is in some sincere trouble.

Well, if you honestly believe that - you're a world class dumbass. But, hey, you're entitled to your opinion...

Because not everyone agrees that Biden was refrencing slavery and not just being his usual nitwit self.

It is an issue that illicits strong emotional reaction.

Well, if you honestly believe that - you're a world class dumbass. But, hey, you're entitled to your opinion...

Can you name a more racist remark from a President of Vice President?

True. But i dont know that that means its a hot button issue. Maybe we just have different defitions.

I really dont know that there is a huge movement out there for legalizing rape.

So, you have nothing but calling me a dumbass?
Please point out another VP or president that has said anything that racist?
I'll be waiting. :eusa_whistle:

True. But i dont know that that means its a hot button issue. Maybe we just have different defitions.

I really dont know that there is a huge movement out there for legalizing rape.

Both definitions are accurate. :)

hot-button issue - definition of hot-button issue by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I learn something every day. Still, I'm not really sure what aspect of rape is the issue here.

They want to say to themselves that the GOP is in favor or rape.

It's all they have. They direct everyone to what is a hot-button issue.

Now the hot-button issue is rape. Couple of weeks ago it was Romney pissing off the Brits.

Makes as much sense as all of the other crap they've been selling this year.

Seems dems have always had a problem.

I apologize for the following language but we have to understand the truth that is not being told any longer. The following quotes are LBJ quotes:

“I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”—LBJ

Some Of The Lost History In The Civil Rights Movement

First of all, I didn't take it literally - and I know Biden didn't mean it literally. So, I didn't see it as racist. However, when one looks at how wingnuts are trying to turn the clock back on minorities - I think he should have meant it literally instead of figuratively.

The black community didn't get all bent out of shape about it - only some sensitive whites.

First of all, I didn't take it literally - and I know Biden didn't mean it literally. So, I didn't see it as racist. However, when one looks at how wingnuts are trying to turn the clock back on minorities - I think he should have meant it literally instead of figuratively.

The black community didn't get all bent out of shape about it - only some sensitive whites.

Then again, I will ask....just what did Biden mean by it?
You ignored the question before, so I'm asking again.

That would be because most of them probably didnt hear about it.

Forum List

Back