Arming teachers bad cus in Parkand a singlular example exists of a cowardly RO not doing job, WTF?

Bumper sticker slogans? How about comparisons?

Recreational narcotics have been illegal my entire life. Yet today, we have record amounts of OD deaths in the US. Even more that have been saved with new drugs such as Narcan[emoji768].

The reason we got rid of alcohol prohibition is that it didn't work and ended up killing more people from manufactured alcohol by amateurs.

The bottom line is that no matter what you make illegal, if it's a desired product, the bad people will always get them. It only stops good people from getting them.

Why make anything illegal then? Why have any laws at all if "bad people" will always find a way to break those laws anyway?

Laws restrict and control most from committing crime, however those laws have no negative affect on law abiding citizens. Making laws against guns do. A rapist will always rape and a thief will always steal. Laws penalize those people when they commit such crimes without penalizing the average citizen at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

You're doing a whole lot of tap-dancing here. Let's simplify this.

If a rapist is going to rape regardless of what the law says, then why do we have laws against rape?

the law is a deterrent.

Ding ,ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!! Laws regarding guns act as deterrents just like laws regarding rape. Get it now?

Regarding making guns illegal, I never proposed that and I honestly don't know how that even came up. You went into bumper sticker slogan auto-pilot arguing against something that nobody is proposing.

Very well.......then just what are you proposing?

Why make anything illegal then? Why have any laws at all if "bad people" will always find a way to break those laws anyway?

Laws restrict and control most from committing crime, however those laws have no negative affect on law abiding citizens. Making laws against guns do. A rapist will always rape and a thief will always steal. Laws penalize those people when they commit such crimes without penalizing the average citizen at the same time.

If a rapist is going to rape regardless of what the law says, then why do we have laws against rape?

the law is a deterrent.

Ding ,ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!! Laws regarding guns act as deterrents just like laws regarding rape. Get it now?

Regarding making guns illegal, I never proposed that and I honestly don't know how that even came up. You went into bumper sticker slogan auto-pilot arguing against something that nobody is proposing.

I'm not interested in proposing anything. It's the same song and dance every time. Someone proposes X gun reform and a swarm of conservatives give the exact same bumper sticker talking points to reject X. Look, I don't even have to propose anything and you go right into auto-pilot arguing against things I never said.

Ok I'll play along.

Gun murder also went down since gun-free zones were implemented.

Mass shooters who have been captured, and from the notes when they are killed state they target gun free zones. Since mass public shootings are a tiny number of the over all gun murder rate....barely 75 people murdered by mass public shooters in any given year vs. the 11,004 murdered by other criminals...... gun murder by other criminals going down is more relevant than mass public shooters. And the remedy for those few public shooters is to end gun free zones.

Did gun murder go down after gun-free zones were implemented or not?

That's a ridiculous question because before states started to implement CCW laws, everyplace was a gun-free zone. Gun free zones came up because most places became a gun permissible zones after adopting CCW laws.

I was just using his reasoning against him. He's arguing that murder rates went down when more guns were purchased.

Well, murder rate also went down since gun-free zones were established. Get back to me when you guys can establish a cause/effect relationship. Otherwise I'm just going to use your same ridiculous reasoning against you.

No, as I pointed out, murder rates went down as gun-free zones were diminished. If a state had no CCW program, then then entire state was a gun-free zone. After they adopted a CCW program, a fraction of that state became a gun-free zone; let's say 20% (an arbitrary number).

So 100% gun-free zone, murder and gun crimes were up. 20% gun-free zone, murder and violent crimes decreased. The argument you are trying to make is working against you in numbers.

Still waiting for that cause/effect relationship...You can try to reason all you want, but it's still a fact.

Fact: gun deaths have gone down since gun-free zones were passed.

Also a fact: Gun deaths have gone down since Bill Clinton passed the Brady Act which required mandatory federal background checks on firearm purchases.

See? I can do it too.

Arming teachers is a daft idea but it is a sign of the state of your country. Schools should not be fortresses they should be places of learning.
The guns in your society are the probllem. Until you address that all of these placebo initiatives will count for nothing.

NB How many schools have been shot up since Parkland and you people have done nothing.

And yet actual truth, facts and reality show you are wrong....

As we went from 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense to 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense....gun murder went down 49%. You pick out a few stories, claim they represent something important, and then the truth, facts and reality show you don't know what you are talking about....

Ok I'll play along.

Mass shooters who have been captured, and from the notes when they are killed state they target gun free zones. Since mass public shootings are a tiny number of the over all gun murder rate....barely 75 people murdered by mass public shooters in any given year vs. the 11,004 murdered by other criminals...... gun murder by other criminals going down is more relevant than mass public shooters. And the remedy for those few public shooters is to end gun free zones.

Yes...it did....but mass public shootings continued...and moved to specific gun free zones...schools. From the confessions and notes of mass public shooters they tell us they target gun free zones for their attacks....so gun murder by regular criminals went down as more Americans carried guns...

Normal Americans can't carry their legal guns in gun free zones.....and because of that, those zones are targeted by these shooters....that is the truth.

We have 40,000 vehicle related deaths every year too, does that mean we should ban cars?

If you make guns illegal, it won't stop the bad guys from getting them.

Well so much for not using bumper sticker slogans in your responses.

Thanks anyway.

Recreational narcotics have been illegal my entire life. Yet today, we have record amounts of OD deaths in the US. Even more that have been saved with new drugs such as Narcan[emoji768].

The reason we got rid of alcohol prohibition is that it didn't work and ended up killing more people from manufactured alcohol by amateurs.

The bottom line is that no matter what you make illegal, if it's a desired product, the bad people will always get them. It only stops good people from getting them.

And yet actual truth, facts and reality show you are wrong....

As we went from 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense to 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense....gun murder went down 49%. You pick out a few stories, claim they represent something important, and then the truth, facts and reality show you don't know what you are talking about....

Ok I'll play along.

That's a ridiculous question because before states started to implement CCW laws, everyplace was a gun-free zone. Gun free zones came up because most places became a gun permissible zones after adopting CCW laws.

I was just using his reasoning against him. He's arguing that murder rates went down when more guns were purchased.

Well, murder rate also went down since gun-free zones were established. Get back to me when you guys can establish a cause/effect relationship. Otherwise I'm just going to use your same ridiculous reasoning against you.

No....I do have research that shows that law abiding gun owners help lower the crime rate......but the primary point is that the argument that anti gunners use..... that more guns = more gun crime is not based in facts, truth or reality..... that in fact, as more Americans own and carry guns, the gun crime and gun murder rates went down, showing that the anti gunner argument for banning guns is completely wrong. 25 years of actual experience shows us that the anti gunner argument isn't true or accurate.

The anti gun argument that more guns = more gun crime has been shown to be wrong, and those who continue to push it are either ignorant or liars....

No, as I pointed out, murder rates went down as gun-free zones were diminished. If a state had no CCW program, then then entire state was a gun-free zone. After they adopted a CCW program, a fraction of that state became a gun-free zone; let's say 20% (an arbitrary number).

So 100% gun-free zone, murder and gun crimes were up. 20% gun-free zone, murder and violent crimes decreased. The argument you are trying to make is working against you in numbers.

Still waiting for that cause/effect relationship...You can try to reason all you want, but it's still a fact.

Also a fact: Gun deaths have gone down since Bill Clinton passed the Brady Act which required mandatory federal background checks on firearm purchases.

See? I can do it too.

Nope..... you have to show us that gun free zones caused the reduction......I have shown you that actual mass public shooters, the ones committing the shootings state they selected targets based on their gun free status.....you are wrong.

You would have to explain the mechanics involved in the Brady act and the background checks that caused the gun crime and gun murder rate to go down, you can't.

Criminals do not go through background checks....they use straw buyers or steal their illegal guns....there is no benefit to the background checks in lowering the gun crime rate since criminals still get illegal guns. In fact, the British experience reinforces this fact because they banned and confiscated guns on a national level, and they are an island nation.....so they went even further than background checks...and their gun crime rates went up, not down.

You have nothing. We can show that as more Americans own and carry guns, they stop violent criminals from attacking them...this is a fact.....and as cities have gained in the number of people carrying guns for self defense and the criminals in those cities realize this fact, they change their criminals behavior......

You have nothing.......

Arming teachers is a daft idea but it is a sign of the state of your country. Schools should not be fortresses they should be places of learning.
The guns in your society are the probllem. Until you address that all of these placebo initiatives will count for nothing.

NB How many schools have been shot up since Parkland and you people have done nothing.

And when you have your next school shooting, be sure to explain to us how superior your gun control laws are..... you almost had 3 in the last few years, all stopped by dumb luck.....that luck isn't going to last.

Can you tell us which gun control laws stopped the following people from shooting children in your schools?

There are more criminals using more guns for crime in Britain.....tell us which British gun control law stopped these criminals from taking their illegal guns into your British schools and shooting children......

Teenage boys planned to 'kill everyone' at Yorkshire school in Columbine-style gun and bomb massacre, court hears

Two teenage boys planned to “kill everyone” at their Yorkshireschool in a Columbine-style massacre using bombs and guns, a court has heard.

---------------------------

The document said the boy would “lay low” in Catterick before murdering his ex-girlfriend’s parents and stealing her father’s guns, the court heard.

“I’ll make some explosives then well find a way back to Northallerton and well begin our assault on that f****** school,” it continued

----

"This was no teenage fantasy; it was real,” he added. “They intended a re-enactment of the Columbine High School Massacre although fortunately, in the result, they were stopped before their plans were put into action.”

.4/6/18

Doctor found with stash of guns and NHS hitlist jailed

A former doctor has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for stockpiling guns with the intent to endanger life.

Martin Watt was found with three submachine guns, two pistols and 1,500 live cartridges at a property in Cumbernauld, Scotland, last year.

The 62-year-old had lost his job at Monklands hospital in North Lanarkshire in 2012 after disciplinary hearings. His marriage broke down around the same time, the high court in Glasgow was told.

Watt had compiled a list of names and addresses of some colleagues involved in the disciplinary process, which the judge, Valerie Stacey, said Watt had referred to as an assassination list.
=======

Here is the updat, the original is below..

Yep.....this 19 year old got bombs and a glock 19 and 94 rounds of 9mm ammo on the dark web in Britain in order to murder people at the University he used to attend..........

I guess their gun control laws stopped him...right? Or was it pure, dumb luck.....?

-------------

British teen sentenced to life for planned school attack

Despite some of the tightest gun control on the planet, a British man was able to acquire a handgun, extended mags and explosives as part of a plot to attack his former school.

Liam Lyburd, 19, of Newcastle upon Tyne, was sentenced to life imprisonment this week on eight charges of possessing weapons with intent to endanger life.

As noted by the BBC, Lyburd gathered a cache that included a Glock 19, three 33-round magazines, 94 hollow-point bullets, CS gas, five pipe bombs and two other improvised explosive devices despite the country’s long history of civilian arms control.

According to court documents, Lyburd planned to use the weapons in an attack on Newcastle College, from which he had been expelled two years prior for poor attendance. He was arrested last November after two Northumbria Police constables visited him at his home on a tip from an individual who encountered threats and disturbing pictures posted by Lyburd online.

Despite a defense that portrayed the reclusive man as living in a fantasy world, Lyburd was found guilty in July.

The internet-savvy teen obtained the Glock and other items through Evolution Marketplace, a successor to the Silk Road, a long-time “dark web” site in which users could buy and sell everything from illegal narcotics to munitions using Bitcoin cryptocurrency.

In court, Lyburd testified that buying the Glock was so easy it was “like buying a bar of chocolate.”

He obtained funds for his purchases through a complex extortion scheme in which he used online malware to infect computers, which he in turn held for ransom from their owners.

====Teenage boy 'took shotgun to school after being bullied for being fat'

15-year-old boy arrested for taking shotgun and ammunition into school did it because he was being bullied for being too fat, fellow pupils said.

=======

'Gunman' walks into Liverpool nursery school as children were playing inside

Police have sealed off a children's nursery in Liverpool amid reports a gunman walked into the building while youngsters were inside.

Officers were called to Childs Play Nursery in Wavertree, Merseyside, at around 8am this morning.

The man, who is believed to have been carrying what looked like a firearm, walked into the nursery and approached another man.

He then left with a second man on the back of a motorbike.

What kept this from becoming a mass shooting?

Children among 10 people in hospital after mass shooting in Manchester

Ten people, including two children, were taken to hospital after a shooting at a street party in the Moss Side area of Manchester.

Armed police officers rushed to the scene on a residential street at 2.30am on Sunday, where a party was being held following a Caribbean Carnival at a nearby park.

And when you have your next school shooting, be sure to explain to us how superior your gun control laws are..... you almost had 3 in the last few years, all stopped by dumb luck.....that luck isn't going to last.

Can you tell us which gun control laws stopped the following people from shooting children in your schools?

There are more criminals using more guns for crime in Britain.....tell us which British gun control law stopped these criminals from taking their illegal guns into your British schools and shooting children......

Teenage boys planned to 'kill everyone' at Yorkshire school in Columbine-style gun and bomb massacre, court hears

Two teenage boys planned to “kill everyone” at their Yorkshireschool in a Columbine-style massacre using bombs and guns, a court has heard.

The document said the boy would “lay low” in Catterick before murdering his ex-girlfriend’s parents and stealing her father’s guns, the court heard.

“I’ll make some explosives then well find a way back to Northallerton and well begin our assault on that f****** school,” it continued

----

"This was no teenage fantasy; it was real,” he added. “They intended a re-enactment of the Columbine High School Massacre although fortunately, in the result, they were stopped before their plans were put into action.”

.4/6/18

A former doctor has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for stockpiling guns with the intent to endanger life.

Martin Watt was found with three submachine guns, two pistols and 1,500 live cartridges at a property in Cumbernauld, Scotland, last year.

The 62-year-old had lost his job at Monklands hospital in North Lanarkshire in 2012 after disciplinary hearings. His marriage broke down around the same time, the high court in Glasgow was told.

Watt had compiled a list of names and addresses of some colleagues involved in the disciplinary process, which the judge, Valerie Stacey, said Watt had referred to as an assassination list.
=======

Yep.....this 19 year old got bombs and a glock 19 and 94 rounds of 9mm ammo on the dark web in Britain in order to murder people at the University he used to attend..........

I guess their gun control laws stopped him...right? Or was it pure, dumb luck.....?

-------------

Despite some of the tightest gun control on the planet, a British man was able to acquire a handgun, extended mags and explosives as part of a plot to attack his former school.

Liam Lyburd, 19, of Newcastle upon Tyne, was sentenced to life imprisonment this week on eight charges of possessing weapons with intent to endanger life.

As noted by the BBC, Lyburd gathered a cache that included a Glock 19, three 33-round magazines, 94 hollow-point bullets, CS gas, five pipe bombs and two other improvised explosive devices despite the country’s long history of civilian arms control.

According to court documents, Lyburd planned to use the weapons in an attack on Newcastle College, from which he had been expelled two years prior for poor attendance. He was arrested last November after two Northumbria Police constables visited him at his home on a tip from an individual who encountered threats and disturbing pictures posted by Lyburd online.

Despite a defense that portrayed the reclusive man as living in a fantasy world, Lyburd was found guilty in July.

The internet-savvy teen obtained the Glock and other items through Evolution Marketplace, a successor to the Silk Road, a long-time “dark web” site in which users could buy and sell everything from illegal narcotics to munitions using Bitcoin cryptocurrency.

In court, Lyburd testified that buying the Glock was so easy it was “like buying a bar of chocolate.”

He obtained funds for his purchases through a complex extortion scheme in which he used online malware to infect computers, which he in turn held for ransom from their owners.

15-year-old boy arrested for taking shotgun and ammunition into school did it because he was being bullied for being too fat, fellow pupils said.

=======

Police have sealed off a children's nursery in Liverpool amid reports a gunman walked into the building while youngsters were inside.

Officers were called to Childs Play Nursery in Wavertree, Merseyside, at around 8am this morning.

The man, who is believed to have been carrying what looked like a firearm, walked into the nursery and approached another man.

Ten people, including two children, were taken to hospital after a shooting at a street party in the Moss Side area of Manchester.

Armed police officers rushed to the scene on a residential street at 2.30am on Sunday, where a party was being held following a Caribbean Carnival at a nearby park.
And despite your fervant prayers we havent hd a school shooting for over a decade. You have one every week. Change the record dickhead.

----

.4/6/18

=======

-------------

=======

And despite your fervant prayers we havent hd a school shooting for over a decade. You have one every week. Change the record dickhead.

No, we don't have one every week...in fact, since the 90s, we have had fewer....as more Americans own and carry guns....

And again, which of your gun laws prevents your criminals from walking into schools and shooting them up? I showed you several examples of planned attacks on your schools...stopped only through dumb luck.....and in the past you averaged one mass shooting every 10 years and here you have 4 in the last 10 years.....that is an escalation...... your society can't cope with your nuts anymore...you can't even keep your young girls from being raped by 3rd world rape gangs..... your police are lacking manpower and resources, and they are handicapped by politically correct policies...your criminal underworld is beginning to take advantage of this...and your citizens are helpless....

----

.4/6/18

=======

-------------

=======

No mass shootings? Do you know what we consider a mass shooting in the US? Four or more people. That means one gang drive-by shooting can be considered a mass shooting. Moreover, you created different problems by disarming the public:

London's murder rate surpasses New York's for 1st time ever

UK police behind effort to ban knives to end ‘knife violence’

We are talking about giving the ability for teachers to arm themselves. What is your great idea? I'd love to hear it.

See? I can do it too.

I did give you cause/ effect relationship but you refuse to understand.

As I pointed out, before it was legal to carry guns in states that didn't have a program, the entire state was gun-free. Afterwards, a small percentage of a state was gun free and crime went down.

By the logic you're trying to sell, since the entire state was gun-free, that's when they should have had their lowest gun crime. But as it turns out, it's the opposite.

Study Shows Brady Bill Had No Impact on Gun Homicides

the law is a deterrent.

I'm not interested in proposing anything. It's the same song and dance every time. Someone proposes X gun reform and a swarm of conservatives give the exact same bumper sticker talking points to reject X. Look, I don't even have to propose anything and you go right into auto-pilot arguing against things I never said.

No, it's just we won't accept new laws that only impact the average law abiding citizen. Show me a proposal that would have did something and I'd be glad to look at it. But I stay in tune with what Democrats have to offer, and it's nothing more than attempts to take steps on disarming society.

Take a look at where some of these horrific murders take place. It's in places like Chicago and California where they have the strictest gun laws.

You have to understand the politics in all this: Democrats are control freaks. They have bases that they can expect to come out and vote for them. The two biggest ones are government dependents and victims. If we could ever rid our society of either, there would be no Democrat party.

So of course the key to success is to create more government dependents and victims. For instance between Commie Care and food stamps alone, DumBama created 40 million more new government dependents, and the Democrat party is so proud of that. Victims? Everybody is a victim as far as Democrats are concerned: Victim of Big Corporations, victims of Big Pharma, victims of Big Oil, Victims of the NRA, victims, victims, victims.

So the push behind disarming the public is to create more victims. So how would we as a disarmed society be able to fight Big Crime? The same way they say they are fighting every other Big thing, and that is with a bigger federal government.

the law is a deterrent.

No, it's just we won't accept new laws that only impact the average law abiding citizen. Show me a proposal that would have did something and I'd be glad to look at it. But I stay in tune with what Democrats have to offer, and it's nothing more than attempts to take steps on disarming society.

Take a look at where some of these horrific murders take place. It's in places like Chicago and California where they have the strictest gun laws.

You have to understand the politics in all this: Democrats are control freaks. They have bases that they can expect to come out and vote for them. The two biggest ones are government dependents and victims. If we could ever rid our society of either, there would be no Democrat party.

So of course the key to success is to create more government dependents and victims. For instance between Commie Care and food stamps alone, DumBama created 40 million more new government dependents, and the Democrat party is so proud of that. Victims? Everybody is a victim as far as Democrats are concerned: Victim of Big Corporations, victims of Big Pharma, victims of Big Oil, Victims of the NRA, victims, victims, victims.

So the push behind disarming the public is to create more victims. So how would we as a disarmed society be able to fight Big Crime? The same way they say they are fighting every other Big thing, and that is with a bigger federal government.

This is also why the democrats fight any legislation that will increase prison sentences for violent, repeat gun offenders.....

See? I can do it too.

I did give you cause/ effect relationship but you refuse to understand.

As I pointed out, before it was legal to carry guns in states that didn't have a program, the entire state was gun-free. Afterwards, a small percentage of a state was gun free and crime went down.

Then you don't understand how cause and effect works. Nowhere do you say that crime went down BECAUSE of the changes made.

I can do that too. Gun crime has gone down since the Brady Act was passed.

Well so much for not using bumper sticker slogans in your responses.

Thanks anyway.

Ok I'll play along.

that in fact, as more Americans own and carry guns, the gun crime and gun murder rates went down, showing that the anti gunner argument for banning guns is completely wrong.

Oh good, let's keep playing this game.

Since the Brady Act was passed, the murder rate has gone down. Therefore background checks are good and we should do more background checks.

See? I can do it too.

Nope..... you have to show us that gun free zones caused the reduction...

Ha! I have to show that gun free zones caused the reduction but you're allowed to just say that there are less deaths because there are more guns.

Brilliant logic there.

the law is a deterrent.

Show me a proposal that would have did something and I'd be glad to look at it. But I stay in tune with what Democrats have to offer, and it's nothing more than attempts to take steps on disarming society.

Thanks for proving my point. Look at these two consecutive sentences of yours. You'll gladly take a look at something and then you're going to dismiss it as attempts to disarm society.

You're entirely close-minded to anything related to gun control because you will just dismiss it with your paranoid "Thar coming fer our guns!!!". And even though I haven't proposed anything, you still go into auto-pilot arguing against the things I never even proposed.

Anyone who advocates for arming teachers is clearly ignorant of handgun shooting and has never shot a pistol before.

Those familiar with handgun shooting and pistols correctly understand that it takes years of training and practice to become proficient and accurate with a pistol; indeed, even after years of practice and training most are barely competent with a pistol.

Understanding how to properly sight a pistol, grip a pistol, and manage recoil and the reciprocating slide takes years to develop and master.

The training a teacher receives will not adequately prepare him to respond to an emergency – shooting at a stationary target at seven yards does not prepare one for a live shooting event, where an armed teacher will lack the ability to be accurate with his pistol, likely to miss the active shooter and instead injure or kill innocent bystanders.

Advocating for arming school teachers is ignorant, reckless and irresponsible.

Forum List

Back