Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

Horrible day for our country. I hear her husband is an astronaut and was supposed to captain the next shuttle mission

According to the NPR article, the assassin is described by witnesses as a young man in his teens or early twenties.

RIP Gabby, and the others who died.

Very sad.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and six others died after a gunman opened fire at a public event on Saturday, the Pima County, Ariz., sheriff's office confirms. The 40-year-old Democrat was outside a Tucson grocery store when a gunman ran up and began firing indiscriminately. The suspect was taken into police custody.

Congresswoman, 6 Others, Killed By Gunman : NPR

Unreal. If this is because of politics, I'm sorry, I hope the guy fries. Wrong, in any circumstances.

The place for change is at ballot box, not guns. My prayers are with all the deceased and their families.

The overwhelming odds are this was done by a lone whackjob who is not a representative for anyone other than his own sick self.

I'm not saying Modbert is one of them, but unfortunately there will be people "hoping" that the gunman has connections to the TPM.

Of course there will be. Just like there will be those hoping it's an illegal. Quite sickening indeed.

According to CNN, 12 were shot, the congresswoman and six are dead.

Yes our local news just said that she is dead,along with 6 others.
I'm glad they caught the guy

Doggie, the Bubble Mod:

You disingenuous little twerp.

You don't even have the guts to admit that your reference to a year old incident is an attempt to link this shooting with the TPM.

If I was going to say the Tea Party did it, I would say so. As of right now, we don't know and it would be wrong to conclude that it was one group. As Big Fitz said, she had many positions that she would be hated for, Healthcare being one of them. Immigration being another.

I posted the article because it wasn't the first time she was attacked, something that is worth noting. It's not an everyday thing where a Congressman or Congresswoman gets attacked.

And even if it were a tea partier or illegal, it doesn't change anything. You don't see the vast majority of either committing acts of violence and incidents like these are not a reflection of the groups of which they claim to be or are apart of.

Indeed. They are now reporting that one of the victims was a child.

Fox news reports that the gunman was also wounded and taken into custody and a child, age unknown, was killed.

Forum List

Back