Arizona Birth Control Bill Penalizes Women For Using Contraception

I agree with G5000, I think a lot of our problems are employement and group policies being tied together.

OK, here is my compromise...

The biggest problem with the current health care insurance system is that plans are tied to employment (for the vast majority of people) and the entanglements that causes because if they loose their jobs they loose their coverage (and no most people that loose their jobs can't afford COBRA because they have to pay the full premiums) and it changes the market dynamic because its not the individual consumer that is doing the shopping.

Maybe the employer provides (if they choose) a "health care stipend", from a business perspective they get the deduction as a business expense. The individual takes the stipend and then uses it (along with some of their own money) to purchase an individual plan or other independent group plan (I'm think through a religious organization, civil organization, professional organization, union, credit union, etc...). The employers W-2 indicates the amount of the stipend. The insurance company issues a statement like mortgage companies with what your insurance premiums were. Both amounts go on the tax forms and any stipend received which is not spent on insurance is charged as income.

This puts the power of choosing a plan the meets the individuals need back where it belongs and makes it the individual’s responsibility.

>>>>
The problem is individual plans are much more expensive than group plans because the risks can't be spread out over a number subscribers. Also group plans are much cheaper to market and administer. The insurer only needs to bill the employer not thousands of subscribers. Most employers try to hire healthy people which is another plus for the insurance company.

The individual plan has the advantage that it's portable and it can be selected to meet the individual's need, but for the same coverage you usually pay a lot more.

Read the post again, it mentioned buying group plans, but delivered through different venues.

>>>>
I don't see the benefit of having a religious or fraternal organizations offer group health insurance. So to get reasonable priced insurance a person has to join a church or fraternal organization? If the church I belong decides not to offer health insurance, I should join a different church to get insurance. I don't think that makes much sense.

I don't get all this huff over insurance paying for birth control. I don't get how some folks claim that it's an argument about them having to pay for someone elses birth control. It's a risk pool. It covers all sorts of stuff. It covers stuff I can't even pronounce. Heck, I don't want to pay for other people's car accidents either if they're just out joy riding. If they'd just stay home and not drive, we wouldn't have that problem and my insurance would be a lot cheaper! How about no more insurance for anything but driving to work. Pass a bill that says you have to prove that you are on your way to work or the hospital to drive... in any case, you have to prove you're not joy riding. No more paying high insurance premiums for those nasty joy riders!

Then YOU don't understand personal RESPONSIBILITY.

I understand it pretty well. However, as I stated above, insurance is a risk pool that covers all sorts of things I may not like. I don't like children riding in cars. I think it's dangerous and irresponsible. These things get in wrecks and kids get hurt. But I get to pay for people to do that anyway. It's the nature of a risk pool. I don't think that heart procedures due to a bad diet should be my responsibility... or cancer in smokers .... or ski accidents... or any number of things that cost an insurance pool money for people engaging in risky behavior that I don't approve of.

But the world doesn't work that way.

WHY does Government persist in saying it MUST be covered? And DO they have that right?

*NO*

What right does an employer have in asking a woman about her contraception and what its used for? I guess it comes down to shame on a woman for having relations. That is terrible. Arizona has lost its mind. Must be the heat.

Arizona legislators have advanced an unprecedented bill that would require women who wish to have their contraception covered by their health insurance plans to prove to their employers that they are taking it to treat medical conditions. The bill now moves to the state Senate for a full vote.

Apparently, the conservative agenda to take away a women's right choice now includes birth control.

Arizona Birth Control Bill Penalizes Women For Using Contraception For Non-Medical Reasons

Apparently irresponsible women (usually bleeding heart liberals) believe that "birth control" and "abortion" are the SAME THING.

I have NO PROBLEM with TRUE birth control, aka "contraception" (pills, IUDs, condoms, etc.), and I believe that state legislatures have no business telling medical insurance companies what they can and can't cover under their medical plans, when it comes to TRUE birth control.
A woman taking precautionary measures to prevent pregnancy should not be discouraged by the lack of insurance coverage. It is in the best interest of every taxpayers that a woman have access to reliable birth control. If employers are allowed to drop birth control from their health insurance plans, the results will be more unwanted children, abortions, and additional costs to tax payers.

Arizona legislators have advanced an unprecedented bill that would require women who wish to have their contraception covered by their health insurance plans to prove to their employers that they are taking it to treat medical conditions. The bill now moves to the state Senate for a full vote.

Apparently, the conservative agenda to take away a women's right choice now includes birth control.

Arizona Birth Control Bill Penalizes Women For Using Contraception For Non-Medical Reasons

Apparently irresponsible women (usually bleeding heart liberals) believe that "birth control" and "abortion" are the SAME THING.

I have NO PROBLEM with TRUE birth control, aka "contraception" (pills, IUDs, condoms, etc.), and I believe that state legislatures have no business telling medical insurance companies what they can and can't cover under their medical plans, when it comes to TRUE birth control.
A woman taking precautionary measures to prevent pregnancy should not be discouraged by the lack of insurance coverage. It is in the best interest of every taxpayers that a woman have access to reliable birth control. If employers are allowed to drop birth control from their health insurance plans, the results will be more unwanted children, abortions, and additional costs to tax payers.

they think they're going to force adult women to be abstinent... it's that whole harlot thing.

you see what they think of women.

What right does an employer have in asking a woman about her contraception and what its used for? I guess it comes down to shame on a woman for having relations. That is terrible. Arizona has lost its mind. Must be the heat.

Last year they passed a law outlawing gender selective abortions , after a state senator read an article about India. You should read some of the stuff they try to pass.

Then YOU don't understand personal RESPONSIBILITY.

I understand it pretty well. However, as I stated above, insurance is a risk pool that covers all sorts of things I may not like. I don't like children riding in cars. I think it's dangerous and irresponsible. These things get in wrecks and kids get hurt. But I get to pay for people to do that anyway. It's the nature of a risk pool. I don't think that heart procedures due to a bad diet should be my responsibility... or cancer in smokers .... or ski accidents... or any number of things that cost an insurance pool money for people engaging in risky behavior that I don't approve of.

But the world doesn't work that way.

WHY does Government persist in saying it MUST be covered? And DO they have that right?

*NO*

The lack of insurance coverage for birth control will lead to more unwanted pregnancies, abortions, and additional cost to the tax payer.

The problem is individual plans are much more expensive than group plans because the risks can't be spread out over a number subscribers. Also group plans are much cheaper to market and administer. The insurer only needs to bill the employer not thousands of subscribers. Most employers try to hire healthy people which is another plus for the insurance company.

The individual plan has the advantage that it's portable and it can be selected to meet the individual's need, but for the same coverage you usually pay a lot more.

Read the post again, it mentioned buying group plans, but delivered through different venues.

>>>>
I don't see the benefit of having a religious or fraternal organizations offer group health insurance. So to get reasonable priced insurance a person has to join a church or fraternal organization? If the church I belong decides not to offer health insurance, I should join a different church to get insurance. I don't think that makes much sense.

You really sould try reading my posts for content and stop making assumptions, I said - and I quote - "religious organization, civil organization, professional organization, union, credit union, etc..."

So it could be a Church or fraternal organization, could also be a bank, union, credit union, could be through bulk retailers (like Sam's Club or Costco).

So no, it wouldn't have to be through a Church.

>>>>

Buying into the LIES of the original poster doesn't make their words any more true.......

This goes SOLELY to insurance coverage...nobody is trying to "shame" women.....

Buying into the LIES of the original poster doesn't make their words any more true.......

This goes SOLELY to insurance coverage...nobody is trying to "shame" women.....

LOL have you ever heard of a story called "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"

Very applicable to the claims of people trying to "shame" women, its as hollow as those who say people only oppose obama because they are racist.

Cool, more lies from a proud member of the fucking liars party.

I eagerly await the provision where a married man must provide proof that his wife is capable of bearing a child and that they do not use any form of birth control (including 'rhythm') and that they are actively trying to get pregnant before being allowed coverage for prescribed medication to treat ED.

I eagerly await one word that approaches reality from any of you in the fucking liars party.

Big lie time.

As a tenet of their faith liberals believe:

Woman are too ashamed to ask men to provide contraceptives.
Women can't afford to buy birth control or go to a clinic that provides it free.
Women would rather have an unwanted child to punish the state for not making sure free birth control was available to them.

It's important to pay attention to the ridiculous and more specious stupidity because it's going to come up again with respect to medical marijuana and addicts want their tokes covered by insurance.

The problem is individual plans are much more expensive than group plans because the risks can't be spread out over a number subscribers.

There is no risk mitigation through diversification in prescription drug coverage. The only possible advantage of group policies is economies of scale.

Also group plans are much cheaper to market and administer. The insurer only needs to bill the employer not thousands of subscribers. Most employers try to hire healthy people which is another plus for the insurance company.

They still have to track and manage each subscriber. Web portals and eCommerce techniques mitigate the costs of AR. It's a non-issue, ask Amazon.com.

There is little practical rational for this - I agree that it's the fact, but the rational supporting it is weak. If Blue Cross covers a million people, that 500,000 of them are from SEIU does nothing to alter the amount of services used.

This is what happens when the government meddles in these affairs. If the government wasn't mandating insurance, this wouldn't happen. Government mandated insurance and birth control means the government is involved in your health and sexual issues...and if they are forcing your employer to participate, that puts your boss right there.

Welcome to the brave new progressive world. You should have known this was where it was headed when the lying fascists started carping about not wanting the government involved in our sex lives. In progressive speak that means "we want the government involved in your sex life".

Don't believe the "Big Lie" put forth by the fucking liars party.

The law simply rescinds the mandate that all health care plans cover contraceptives. It doesn't outlaw birth control, it doesn't prohibit plans from offering birth control, it simply ALLOWS employers to choose plans that don't provide prescriptions for birth control.

Why is the Arizona legislature coming up with more gov't intrusion? Keep out of the insurer and the patients business. I thought they were for the free market to do its work? The GOP has become the party of the woman's womb. Getting out of hand.

They aren't, they are providing LESS government intrusion by REMOVING the mandate that all plans MUST cover contraception.

What you posted is just "Big Lie" demagoguery put out by the fucking liars (formerly democratic) party.

What right does an employer have in asking a woman about her contraception and what its used for?

What right does Obama have to demand that every male in the nation have their penis cut off.

I guess it comes down to shame on a woman for having relations. That is terrible. Arizona has lost its mind. Must be the heat.

Nah, you're just a fucking liar, repeating the Big Lie - nothing you posted has even a hint of fact to it.

Forum List

Back