Arizona Birth Control Bill Penalizes Women For Using Contraception

Uh...no? How is not providing contraception FREE to women, and eliminating contraception, the same thing?

Women are still able to access contraception (including no cost and low cost) already. So how is it being done away with? Did someone propose we shut down pill factories? Close the clinics?

Nope.
contraception included in an insurance plan is not "free." it is simply paid for when you pay your premium. you people on the right need to understand this simple premise.

that like saying the extended maintenance plan that was included in the price of your new care was actually free, when in truth it was actually just added to the cost of the car.

Yet those of you on the left using the 'constant rise to the cost of health insurance' and using that as a mandate for government takeover seem to be clueless that it's coverage of these types of small things that cause that rise in cost to begin with.
Nonsense. It's not the little stuff that's driving healthcare cost up. 75% of our healthcare dollars go to treating cancers, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, stroke, mental disorders, and pulmonary conditions. Birth control pills, are only .2% of our healthcare cost.

Chronic problem: Treating chronic disease a huge cost to all | Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, North Dakota

Arizona legislators have advanced an unprecedented bill that would require women who wish to have their contraception covered by their health insurance plans to prove to their employers that they are taking it to treat medical conditions. The bill now moves to the state Senate for a full vote.

Apparently, the conservative agenda to take away a women's right choice now includes birth control.

Arizona Birth Control Bill Penalizes Women For Using Contraception For Non-Medical Reasons

for crying out loud...there are a lot of stupid bills out there brought BY BOTH parties..doesn't mean they will see the light of day..
dear gawd you people just really have nothing else...
9%unemployment
economy in the shitter
FOOD prices out the ass
GAS..heading to 5.00 dollars a gallon.

the majority of the women in this country is worried about those thing and not your alls phony baloney "war on women" bullshit
80% of women in this country are using or have used oral contraceptives. 55% of Catholic women believe employers should be required to provide their employees with health care plans that cover contraception and birth control. Stupid bills such as this will only help Democrats in the fall.

BTW The current unemployment rate is 8.3% not 9%.

New polls: Catholics favor birth control in health care coverage « The Deacon's Bench

Arizona legislators have advanced an unprecedented bill that would require women who wish to have their contraception covered by their health insurance plans to prove to their employers that they are taking it to treat medical conditions. The bill now moves to the state Senate for a full vote.

Apparently, the conservative agenda to take away a women's right choice now includes birth control.

Arizona Birth Control Bill Penalizes Women For Using Contraception For Non-Medical Reasons

for crying out loud...there are a lot of stupid bills out there brought BY BOTH parties..doesn't mean they will see the light of day..
9%unemployment
economy in the shitter
FOOD prices out the ass

the majority of the women in this country is worried about those thing and not your alls phony baloney "war on women" bullshit
80% of women in this country are using or have used oral contraceptives. 55% of Catholic women believe employers should be required to provide their employees with health care plans that cover contraception and birth control. Stupid bills such as this will only help Democrats in the fall.

New polls: Catholics favor birth control in health care coverage « The Deacon's Bench

LIKE I SAID..............................................YAWN YAWN YAWN..
but you people don't want to discuss the REAL ISSUES that women and men are having in this country right now..it would make your Dear Party LOOK BAD.

9%unemployment
economy in the shitter
FOOD prices out the ass

you realize the thread title and premise of your thread have been proven wrong multiple times in this and the other thread... right?

Cool.

I eagerly await the provision where a married man must provide proof that his wife is capable of bearing a child and that they do not use any form of birth control (including 'rhythm') and that they are actively trying to get pregnant before being allowed coverage for prescribed medication to treat ED.

And not unreasonable...WHY do Insurance companies HAVE TO cover such things, and WHY is the Government trying to force the issue?

yeah.... like a Public, or Non-profit option would be great.

No. Private. Just like your auto, home, and life insurance.

I agree with G5000, I think a lot of our problems are employement and group policies being tied together.

OK, here is my compromise...

The biggest problem with the current health care insurance system is that plans are tied to employment (for the vast majority of people) and the entanglements that causes because if they loose their jobs they loose their coverage (and no most people that loose their jobs can't afford COBRA because they have to pay the full premiums) and it changes the market dynamic because its not the individual consumer that is doing the shopping.

Maybe the employer provides (if they choose) a "health care stipend", from a business perspective they get the deduction as a business expense. The individual takes the stipend and then uses it (along with some of their own money) to purchase an individual plan or other independent group plan (I'm think through a religious organization, civil organization, professional organization, union, credit union, etc...). The employers W-2 indicates the amount of the stipend. The insurance company issues a statement like mortgage companies with what your insurance premiums were. Both amounts go on the tax forms and any stipend received which is not spent on insurance is charged as income.

This puts the power of choosing a plan the meets the individuals need back where it belongs and makes it the individual’s responsibility.

>>>>
The problem is individual plans are much more expensive than group plans because the risks can't be spread out over a number subscribers. Also group plans are much cheaper to market and administer. The insurer only needs to bill the employer not thousands of subscribers. Most employers try to hire healthy people which is another plus for the insurance company.

The individual plan has the advantage that it's portable and it can be selected to meet the individual's need, but for the same coverage you usually pay a lot more.

I agree with G5000, I think a lot of our problems are employement and group policies being tied together.

The biggest problem with the current health care insurance system is that plans are tied to employment (for the vast majority of people) and the entanglements that causes because if they loose their jobs they loose their coverage (and no most people that loose their jobs can't afford COBRA because they have to pay the full premiums) and it changes the market dynamic because its not the individual consumer that is doing the shopping.

Maybe the employer provides (if they choose) a "health care stipend", from a business perspective they get the deduction as a business expense. The individual takes the stipend and then uses it (along with some of their own money) to purchase an individual plan or other independent group plan (I'm think through a religious organization, civil organization, professional organization, union, credit union, etc...). The employers W-2 indicates the amount of the stipend. The insurance company issues a statement like mortgage companies with what your insurance premiums were. Both amounts go on the tax forms and any stipend received which is not spent on insurance is charged as income.

This puts the power of choosing a plan the meets the individuals need back where it belongs and makes it the individual’s responsibility.

>>>>
The problem is individual plans are much more expensive than group plans because the risks can't be spread out over a number subscribers. Also group plans are much cheaper to market and administer. The insurer only needs to bill the employer not thousands of subscribers. Most employers try to hire healthy people which is another plus for the insurance company.

The individual plan has the advantage that it's portable and it can be selected to meet the individual's need, but for the same coverage you usually pay a lot more.

Condoms and birth control pills can be bought cheaply at *WallyWorld* [Walmart] @ $9.00 Monthly...

WHY do insurance companies have to be involved at all?

Sounds like YOU have a problem with individual responsibility...and are using this faux issue to gratuitously endorse ObamaCare...

>>>>

Read the post again, it mentioned buying group plans, but delivered through different venues.

>>>>

And not unreasonable...WHY do Insurance companies HAVE TO cover such things, and WHY is the Government trying to force the issue?
To limit population growth. The one thing this country doesn't need is more large families to support.

Apparently irresponsible women (usually bleeding heart liberals) believe that "birth control" and "abortion" are the SAME THING.

I have NO PROBLEM with TRUE birth control, aka "contraception" (pills, IUDs, condoms, etc.), and I believe that state legislatures have no business telling medical insurance companies what they can and can't cover under their medical plans, when it comes to TRUE birth control.

To limit population growth. The one thing this country doesn't need is more large families to support.
So YOU subscribe to the leftist mantra of Cass Sunstien...and population control?

NICE to know...

MORON.

Guess you LOVE China too...

I don't get all this huff over insurance paying for birth control. I don't get how some folks claim that it's an argument about them having to pay for someone elses birth control. It's a risk pool. It covers all sorts of stuff. It covers stuff I can't even pronounce. Heck, I don't want to pay for other people's car accidents either if they're just out joy riding. If they'd just stay home and not drive, we wouldn't have that problem and my insurance would be a lot cheaper! How about no more insurance for anything but driving to work. Pass a bill that says you have to prove that you are on your way to work or the hospital to drive... in any case, you have to prove you're not joy riding. No more paying high insurance premiums for those nasty joy riders!

I don't get all this huff over insurance paying for birth control. I don't get how some folks claim that it's an argument about them having to pay for someone elses birth control. It's a risk pool. It covers all sorts of stuff. It covers stuff I can't even pronounce. Heck, I don't want to pay for other people's car accidents either if they're just out joy riding. If they'd just stay home and not drive, we wouldn't have that problem and my insurance would be a lot cheaper! How about no more insurance for anything but driving to work. Pass a bill that says you have to prove that you are on your way to work or the hospital to drive... in any case, you have to prove you're not joy riding. No more paying high insurance premiums for those nasty joy riders!

Then YOU don't understand personal RESPONSIBILITY.
icon14.gif

Why is the Arizona legislature coming up with more gov't intrusion? Keep out of the insurer and the patients business. I thought they were for the free market to do its work? The GOP has become the party of the woman's womb. Getting out of hand.

"Condoms and birth control pills can be bought cheaply at *WallyWorld* [Walmart] @ $9.00 Monthly...

"WHY do insurance companies have to be involved at all?

Sounds like YOU have a problem with individual responsibility...and are using this faux issue to gratuitously endorse ObamaCare... "

Why is the government getting involved? I dont endorse obamacare at all. But this is called gov't intrusion at its finest. This legislation is truly warped.

this sounds ill advised because its a knee jerk. if they had a study( before this became an issue) that shows that there was a monetary value connected that simply made them have to start trimming benes, fine......but...

wow.

no, what we don't need is families to sppt where in the parents have opted out or had children before they have an income that could sppt. such.

and I don't think that knee jerk ala trimming pop. growth is winner, see: japan, china, Europe, russia.....its like seeing the fuse on a demographic time bomb. Unless your just on board with Margaret Sanger.........if so I cannot help you.

Then YOU don't understand personal RESPONSIBILITY.

I understand it pretty well. However, as I stated above, insurance is a risk pool that covers all sorts of things I may not like. I don't like children riding in cars. I think it's dangerous and irresponsible. These things get in wrecks and kids get hurt. But I get to pay for people to do that anyway. It's the nature of a risk pool. I don't think that heart procedures due to a bad diet should be my responsibility... or cancer in smokers .... or ski accidents... or any number of things that cost an insurance pool money for people engaging in risky behavior that I don't approve of.

But the world doesn't work that way.

Yet another example of why it's pointless trying to engage today's liberal in civil discussion..they have all lost their minds.

First, the op suggests there is some "right" being taken away.....of course, if you challenge them to point to where that right is pronounced in law they will just call you a woman hater or some other inane name...

IF creating in their minds this perceived "right" weren't bad enough they then equate actually expecting people to pay for a drug that is completely VOLUNTARY in most cases somehow equates to trying to take the right to own contraceptives away from women....the current "war on women" creation from the mind of today's liberal...

This is pure lunacy but the sad thing is they have become so warped in their thinking process most of them actually buy this tripe.....

I no longer engage them....what is the point in engaging an insane person? Instead I just pity them.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back