Are You Going to Hell?

isn't hell a little fun?? you can do all the sin you want??
sex
hate
jealousy
greed
gluttony
etc??

No. It is punishment and an absence of all good.
if humans don't eat-they die
no sex = no humans
sins are natural to humans--we evolved/were created to ''sin'' --but it's wrong??!!--this doesn't make sense

Who said all sex is wrong? OH I see in the context of the previous quote. Well it's not.
ok,--- what sex is wrong ?

all of it, according to the 'religion of guilt'.....
thou_shalt_be_ashamed_of_thy_natural_anatomy_by_j_bob-d6k5gyo-1024x576.png

~S~

And thereafter burn in everlasting fire.
A 'nice' option

I'm just wondering why a "Good" God would burn people forever for petty sins...

That kind of doesn't sound like a good thing to do to burn someone in hell for all eternity because some hot chick gave him a chubby once.
Fornicators, drunkards, idolaters and all the rest - those are not descriptors for people who sin; words like these are descriptors for those who were not Israelites (the chosen). Foreigners were the sinners.

Otherwise, everyone is doomed to suffer eternal damnation in a lake fire. Yea, you're right; what's the point of that? How does such 'punishment' serve God's ends?

God is describing Holiness. You only have to read the OT a little before you realize that a LOT of the OT figures were not very "holy" themselves, when held up to God's standards. In fact, none of us can uphold them perfectly.

That is why Jesus had to come.
Were any of the OT figures righteous, really.

None is righteous, no, not one;
no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one
St. Paul quotes David, who himself was not righteous, being the adulterer and murderer that he was. None is righteous, no, not one.

All the drama in the years between Adam and Jesus - the incest, the violence, the idolatry, the sorcery, and all the rest - is the story of a lawless people whose God is, by and large, just another god. That is why Jesus came; he brought an end to that lawless, Jewish age. His flesh was the veil that was ripped open to reveal the glory of God once again on the earth. Read the book of Hebrews.

Think again about why he came, really. Read the New Testament, even, if you have to.

Even in the context of scripture, hell is a fiction. Either you're among the righteous now or you're not. Either you're a Christian or you're not.

I used quotes around "holy" and then said none of us can uphold them perfectly. But you cannot dismiss Hell as fiction unless you dismiss the very words of Jesus Christ Himself, since He was the one who talked of it most.
The big difference between Israelites of old and Christians now is that Christians have no law. Jesus introduced a new covenant and did away with the law. Without a law to transgress, who is a sinner?

But back to hell (no, not New Jersey): does the Bible mention an actual hell? A literal lake of fire?

I'll tell you what a metaphorical lake of fire was: the inferno that consumed the temple and consequently the cult of temple and the law.

sex
hate
jealousy
greed
gluttony
etc??

no sex = no humans
sins are natural to humans--we evolved/were created to ''sin'' --but it's wrong??!!--this doesn't make sense

Who said all sex is wrong? OH I see in the context of the previous quote. Well it's not.
Is having sex for fun wrong?

sex
hate
jealousy
greed
gluttony
etc??

no sex = no humans

Is having sex for fun wrong?
no

Because God is holy and perfect. Unless you are, or have been accepted as such, you cannot be with Him--you cannot be in His Presence.

really? I read the bible, and I don't see a "holy" or "perfect" being. I see a deity who is malicious, vindictive and petty.

This is a god who kills babies to teach people lessons.

He provided a way. If you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life, you are saved. If you are a Believer, upon Judgment, God sees the debt as PAID, but not by you. By Jesus Christ. God's justice is satisfied, and His mercy is extended to you.

again, this is horseshit and not moral.

So by your logic, Jeff Dahnmer accepted Jesus and therefore it became okay that he killed and ate all those people. Hopefully, none of those people went to heaven, because MAN, would that be awkward! ("So, um, Jeff, what did I taste like?")

MEANWHILE, Ann Frank never accepted Jesus. Probably because it was Christians who sent her and her family off to the Concentration Camps. So since she never accepted Jesus into her soul, she was going down to the pit of hell to burn forever and ever right along side Hitler and the Nazis who killed her. MAN, that would be fucking awkward, too!

So what kind of truly fucked up cosmology lets Jeff The Cannibal into heaven and sends Ann the Holocaust Victim to Hell.

Joe insists on going off in a tizzy, so he won't listen. But for others who might:

God is creator. He who creates has the right to take whenever He chooses. For any reason. Even to "teach a lesson". He is God. You are not.

What Jeffrey Dahmer did was not okay, is not okay, and will never be okay. Anne Frank was always and will always be a more moral person. God is not judging by a sliding moral scale who gets into heaven. ANY sin will keep you out of heaven--ANY sin. If Anne Frank was mean to her sister or said harsh words to her mother, she is not getting into heaven. Again: ANY sin.

Jeffrey Dahmer is let into heaven because his sin--atrocious as it is--is forgiven. Anne's was not. Simple as that.

Now, had his and her sin not been forgiven, his would have been punished much, much more. And had Anne's sins been forgiven, she probably would have earned greater rewards in heaven that Dahmer. That's where the sliding scale does come into play. But she does not gain entrance because her sins are not forgiven.

Again you don't have to like that system, one where deep sin can be forgiven, and "good" people can go to Hell. If you don't, you are free to reject it--at your peril. God will give you that choice.
What a sad view of religion

That is your opinion.

You are not God. I know that's a newsflash for you.

Pride: it's a killer.
Your view is why relision is hated

My religion is Gods favorite, every other belief goes to hell no matter how good they are

Wrong. My religion says not one of us is good enough. Did you miss that part?

sex
hate
jealousy
greed
gluttony
etc??

no sex = no humans

ok,--- what sex is wrong ?

all of it, according to the 'religion of guilt'.....
thou_shalt_be_ashamed_of_thy_natural_anatomy_by_j_bob-d6k5gyo-1024x576.png

~S~

A lie from the Father of Lies

isn't self-sex a sin??
Something tells me you're the most sinful person here.
I love to sin
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha

An interesting thing to notice is that even after Jesus repented for sins and the heavens opened up to him after the baptism of John he immediately went into the wilderness, lived among the wild beasts, and started eating and drinking and partying with sinners and prostitutes and accused the holiest and most admired and respected people of the social order of being sinners, actors and lying frauds.

I guess Jesus had a different take on the subject of sin.

Last edited:
isn't self-sex a sin??
I love to sin

An interesting thing to notice is that even after Jesus repented for sins and the heavens opened up to him after the baptism of John he immediately went into the wilderness, lived among the wild beasts, and started eating and drinking and partying with sinners and prostitutes and accused the holiest people of the social order of being sinners, actors and lying frauds.

I guess Jesus had a different idea about the subject of sin.
jesus was just a man--not god
he sinned also

I'm just wondering why a "Good" God would burn people forever for petty sins...

That kind of doesn't sound like a good thing to do to burn someone in hell for all eternity because some hot chick gave him a chubby once.
Fornicators, drunkards, idolaters and all the rest - those are not descriptors for people who sin; words like these are descriptors for those who were not Israelites (the chosen). Foreigners were the sinners.

Otherwise, everyone is doomed to suffer eternal damnation in a lake fire. Yea, you're right; what's the point of that? How does such 'punishment' serve God's ends?

God is describing Holiness. You only have to read the OT a little before you realize that a LOT of the OT figures were not very "holy" themselves, when held up to God's standards. In fact, none of us can uphold them perfectly.

no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
no one does good,
not even one
St. Paul quotes David, who himself was not righteous, being the adulterer and murderer that he was. None is righteous, no, not one.

All the drama in the years between Adam and Jesus - the incest, the violence, the idolatry, the sorcery, and all the rest - is the story of a lawless people whose God is, by and large, just another god. That is why Jesus came; he brought an end to that lawless, Jewish age. His flesh was the veil that was ripped open to reveal the glory of God once again on the earth. Read the book of Hebrews.

Think again about why he came, really. Read the New Testament, even, if you have to.

Even in the context of scripture, hell is a fiction. Either you're among the righteous now or you're not. Either you're a Christian or you're not.

I used quotes around "holy" and then said none of us can uphold them perfectly. But you cannot dismiss Hell as fiction unless you dismiss the very words of Jesus Christ Himself, since He was the one who talked of it most.
The big difference between Israelites of old and Christians now is that Christians have no law. Jesus introduced a new covenant and did away with the law. Without a law to transgress, who is a sinner?

But back to hell (no, not New Jersey): does the Bible mention an actual hell? A literal lake of fire?

I'll tell you what a metaphorical lake of fire was: the inferno that consumed the temple and consequently the cult of temple and the law.

You don't have a church fellowship or study the Scriptures do you? You like whatever makes you feel good. The scourge of our age, so you're definitely not alone. That's not a personal condemnation by the way--it's common to all of us to some extent.

"I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations."

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

Even in the context of scripture, hell is a fiction. Either you're among the righteous now or you're not. Either you're an Christian or you're not.

lol...

To people who believe in things that literally never happened, have no clue about what is actually taking place, and maintain irrational expectations for things that will never come, life is hell and reality is an eternal fire that will never go out.

He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.

Get behind me Satan

isn't self-sex a sin??
I love to sin

An interesting thing to notice is that even after Jesus repented for sins and the heavens opened up to him after the baptism of John he immediately went into the wilderness, lived among the wild beasts, and started eating and drinking and partying with sinners and prostitutes and accused the holiest people of the social order of being sinners, actors and lying frauds.

he sinned also
If a person takes the law literally Jesus was an unrepentant sinner. Jesus found another more intelligent way to interpret divine law.

If Jesus was right, he was sinless and they were the sinners.

"I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations."

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

Even in the context of scripture, hell is a fiction. Either you're among the righteous now or you're not. Either you're an Christian or you're not.

lol...

To people who believe in things that literally never happened, have no clue about what is actually taking place, and maintain irrational expectations for things that will never come, life is hell and reality is an eternal fire that will never go out.

He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.

Get behind me Satan

The only thing in you is a load of crap.

isn't self-sex a sin??
I love to sin

he sinned also

I think a little hole opens up in the underworld on high Christian holidays. Ain't that a kick in the head

no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
no one does good,
not even one

You don't have a church fellowship or study the Scriptures do you? You like whatever makes you feel good. The scourge of our age, so you're definitely not alone. That's not a personal condemnation by the way--it's common to all of us to some extent.
you are perfect?
there is not total free will
now--no one go bat crazy when I give my examples--they are examples:
....ok--murder is a '''sin'''...if there is TOTAL free will, how come males commit over 85% of the sin murders??
..how come blacks murder [commit the sin of murder ] at four times the rate of whites?

no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
no one does good,
not even one

you are perfect?
there is not total free will
now--no one go bat crazy when I give my examples--they are examples:
....ok--murder is a '''sin'''...if there is TOTAL free will, how come males commit over 85% of the sin murders??
..how come blacks murder [commit the sin of murder ] at four times the rate of whites?

Ain't it a kick in the head that in this entire thread I have been saying that the ENTIRE reason Jesus had to come is because no one is perfect--no, not one?

You know why people accuse Christians of being "perfect" though? Because they feel convicted by their sins, and they hate that. So they blame Christians for it, of course. Sorry, I don't own your sins, only my own. And those are bad enough. Believe me.

Forum List

Back