Are You Going to Hell?

An interesting thing to notice is that even after Jesus repented for sins and the heavens opened up to him after the baptism of John he immediately went into the wilderness, lived among the wild beasts, and started eating and drinking and partying with sinners and prostitutes and accused the holiest people of the social order of being sinners, actors and lying frauds.

I guess Jesus had a different idea about the subject of sin.
jesus was just a man--not god
he sinned also

You're asking what biblical scholars have for centuries, in that either Jesus was divine, or moved bt divinity.

One can trace the debate back to the Roman Ceasars during the councils of Nicaea , where the Romans assimilated the Christians.....quite effective i might add.... ........apparently their collesium shtick became a bore.....

119863434145.jpg

~S~
Christianity crowded out paganism, actually. Constantine did not preside over the Council of Nicaea; the convention was entirely Christian.

Iirc, the councils went on for longer than Constantine's reigh , but the jist was to interface with ,as well as hold to, roman gestalt

This began before methods of mass publication , and ended with their results

You do know that many 'books' hit the roman shredder ,right?

The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden - Wikipedia

~S~
Christianity became the religion of Rome. Paganism lost favor in Rome. It's pretty much just that simple. Christianity and paganism were two entirely different theological models, allowing for very little assimilation.

Indeed so, yet just as we see the polticians of modern times manipulate relgious doctrine to fit their narrative , so it was w/Romans

~S~

You don't have a church fellowship or study the Scriptures do you? You like whatever makes you feel good. The scourge of our age, so you're definitely not alone. That's not a personal condemnation by the way--it's common to all of us to some extent.
I know the Scriptures very well.

Then you should be very well aware of when Jesus spoke in parables and when He did not.
I even know what the parables are about. Do you?

Yes but it's important to know when Jesus was not talking in parables as well.
"Jesus told the crowds all these things in parables, in fact, he would not speak anything to them without a parable."

Matthew 13:34

Realistically, how whould any omnipotent being communicate?
~S~

jesus was just a man--not god
he sinned also

You're asking what biblical scholars have for centuries, in that either Jesus was divine, or moved bt divinity.

One can trace the debate back to the Roman Ceasars during the councils of Nicaea , where the Romans assimilated the Christians.....quite effective i might add.... ........apparently their collesium shtick became a bore.....

119863434145.jpg

~S~
Christianity crowded out paganism, actually. Constantine did not preside over the Council of Nicaea; the convention was entirely Christian.

Iirc, the councils went on for longer than Constantine's reigh , but the jist was to interface with ,as well as hold to, roman gestalt

This began before methods of mass publication , and ended with their results

You do know that many 'books' hit the roman shredder ,right?

The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden - Wikipedia

~S~
Christianity became the religion of Rome. Paganism lost favor in Rome. It's pretty much just that simple. Christianity and paganism were two entirely different theological models, allowing for very little assimilation.

Indeed so, yet just as we see the polticians of modern times manipulate relgious doctrine to fit their narrative , so it was w/Romans

~S~
You may be thinking more of Roman Catholicism than of Rome, I'm not sure.

What I do know, though, is that fragments of copies of the Gospels date to about the year 200 or even earlier, and are consistent with the more accurate, word-for-word Bible translations we have today. P52 and P66 are two such fragments. The truth of the Gospels can easily be confirmed long before any so-called fourth-century Roman religion.

Then you should be very well aware of when Jesus spoke in parables and when He did not.

"Jesus told the crowds all these things in parables, in fact, he would not speak anything to them without a parable."

Realistically, how would any omnipotent being communicate?
~S~

indirectly.

People are dust.

Don't believe lying MSM and political correct carrier politicians, Hell is in reality waiting for you.
Stop to commit sin and begin to study the Holy Bible, otherwise you are lost.

Radical Christian, the wages of sin is death and a not burning hell forever. That is not the way my GOD. Hell is the grave and lake of fire represent eternal destruction and separation from GOD. Read your bible and not the King James version and stop listening to your money grabbing hellfire preachers.

Don't believe lying MSM and political correct carrier politicians, Hell is in reality waiting for you.
Stop to commit sin and begin to study the Holy Bible, otherwise you are lost.

Radical Christian, the wages of sin is death and a not burning hell forever. That is not the way my GOD. Hell is the grave and lake of fire represent eternal destruction and separation from GOD. Read your bible and not the King James version and stop listening to your money grabbing hellfire preachers.

Our preachers do not grab money like MSM or politicians.

I used quotes around "holy" and then said none of us can uphold them perfectly. But you cannot dismiss Hell as fiction unless you dismiss the very words of Jesus Christ Himself, since He was the one who talked of it most.

Is that all?

Okay. I can pretty easily dismiss the words of Jesus as "Fiction" because I don't believe he ever existed. Even the gospels contradict each other on key aspects of his life. (Was he born in 4 BCE when Herod was King or 6 CE when Quirinnius was governor of Syria?) Was he executed in 29 or 33 CE? Who were his ancestors, because the Gospels give two different geneologies, both through Joseph who wasn't the Baby Daddy, as the kids say today. (Or as I like to joke, only MY patron saint would have bought THAT story.)

Now, if you take another JC from the same era, Julius Caesar. We know exactly when he was born, 12 July 100 BCE. We know exactly when he died , 15 March 44 BCE. We have statues of him, we have coins with his image, we have contemporary writers who met him and wrote about him.

So when this guy I can't even prove existed supposedly tells me about this magic place underground where we will get sent if we don't believe in the right religion, even though 2000 years of previous Jewish thought didn't have an afterlife.... I guess I take that with a grain of salt.

Hey, tell me about how I'm going to get mine.

I can’t help but notice that Baron hasn’t mentioned Jesus Christ in any of His initial posts. I’ve only read a page so far but it seems to be a serious flaw with His preaching

Joe insists on going off in a tizzy, so he won't listen. But for others who might:

God is creator. He who creates has the right to take whenever He chooses. For any reason. Even to "teach a lesson". He is God. You are not.

What Jeffrey Dahmer did was not okay, is not okay, and will never be okay. Anne Frank was always and will always be a more moral person. God is not judging by a sliding moral scale who gets into heaven. ANY sin will keep you out of heaven--ANY sin. If Anne Frank was mean to her sister or said harsh words to her mother, she is not getting into heaven. Again: ANY sin.

Jeffrey Dahmer is let into heaven because his sin--atrocious as it is--is forgiven. Anne's was not. Simple as that.

Now, had his and her sin not been forgiven, his would have been punished much, much more. And had Anne's sins been forgiven, she probably would have earned greater rewards in heaven that Dahmer. That's where the sliding scale does come into play. But she does not gain entrance because her sins are not forgiven.

Again you don't have to like that system, one where deep sin can be forgiven, and "good" people can go to Hell. If you don't, you are free to reject it--at your peril. God will give you that choice.
What a sad view of religion

That is your opinion.

You are not God. I know that's a newsflash for you.

Pride: it's a killer.
Is that why you can't admit that the worship of Jesus is idolatry?

Please---all Christians, pray for this user.

Prayer? lol... You cannot petition the Lord with prayer!

Try using your hands...

Sure you can. I do it all the time.

The Lord has told us that those of us who lack wisdom may ask and will obtain it.

We’ve been told ask and we shall receive. Seek and we shall find. Knock and it will be opened into us.

I know from experience that this works. The Lord answers prayers of the humble and sincere

God is describing Holiness. You only have to read the OT a little before you realize that a LOT of the OT figures were not very "holy" themselves, when held up to God's standards. In fact, none of us can uphold them perfectly.

That is why Jesus had to come.
Were any of the OT figures righteous, really.

None is righteous, no, not one;
no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one
St. Paul quotes David, who himself was not righteous, being the adulterer and murderer that he was. None is righteous, no, not one.

All the drama in the years between Adam and Jesus - the incest, the violence, the idolatry, the sorcery, and all the rest - is the story of a lawless people whose God is, by and large, just another god. That is why Jesus came; he brought an end to that lawless, Jewish age. His flesh was the veil that was ripped open to reveal the glory of God once again on the earth. Read the book of Hebrews.

Think again about why he came, really. Read the New Testament, even, if you have to.

Even in the context of scripture, hell is a fiction. Either you're among the righteous now or you're not. Either you're a Christian or you're not.

I used quotes around "holy" and then said none of us can uphold them perfectly. But you cannot dismiss Hell as fiction unless you dismiss the very words of Jesus Christ Himself, since He was the one who talked of it most.
The big difference between Israelites of old and Christians now is that Christians have no law. Jesus introduced a new covenant and did away with the law. Without a law to transgress, who is a sinner?

But back to hell (no, not New Jersey): does the Bible mention an actual hell? A literal lake of fire?

I'll tell you what a metaphorical lake of fire was: the inferno that consumed the temple and consequently the cult of temple and the law.

You don't have a church fellowship or study the Scriptures do you? You like whatever makes you feel good. The scourge of our age, so you're definitely not alone. That's not a personal condemnation by the way--it's common to all of us to some extent.

That’s pretty amazing.

I’ve studied the Scriptures for decades, read them many times, pondered and prayed over them, and I’m not sure I know even the smallest amount yet

What a sad view of religion

That is your opinion.

You are not God. I know that's a newsflash for you.

Pride: it's a killer.
Is that why you can't admit that the worship of Jesus is idolatry?

Please---all Christians, pray for this user.

Prayer? lol... You cannot petition the Lord with prayer!

Try using your hands...

Sure you can. I do it all the time.

The Lord has told us that those of us who lack wisdom may ask and will obtain it.

We’ve been told ask and we shall receive. Seek and we shall find. Knock and it will be opened into us.

I know from experience that this works. The Lord answers prayers of the humble and sincere
A god TOLD us to do something? When?

Realistically, how whould any omnipotent being communicate?
~S~

Anyway he wanted to.

Were any of the OT figures righteous, really.

None is righteous, no, not one;
no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one
St. Paul quotes David, who himself was not righteous, being the adulterer and murderer that he was. None is righteous, no, not one.

All the drama in the years between Adam and Jesus - the incest, the violence, the idolatry, the sorcery, and all the rest - is the story of a lawless people whose God is, by and large, just another god. That is why Jesus came; he brought an end to that lawless, Jewish age. His flesh was the veil that was ripped open to reveal the glory of God once again on the earth. Read the book of Hebrews.

Think again about why he came, really. Read the New Testament, even, if you have to.

Even in the context of scripture, hell is a fiction. Either you're among the righteous now or you're not. Either you're a Christian or you're not.

The big difference between Israelites of old and Christians now is that Christians have no law. Jesus introduced a new covenant and did away with the law. Without a law to transgress, who is a sinner?

But back to hell (no, not New Jersey): does the Bible mention an actual hell? A literal lake of fire?

I'll tell you what a metaphorical lake of fire was: the inferno that consumed the temple and consequently the cult of temple and the law.

That’s pretty amazing.

I’ve studied the Scriptures for decades, read them many times, pondered and prayed over them, and I’m not sure I know even the smallest amount yet
All those decades of study without learning even the smallest amount - were they worth it?

That’s pretty amazing.

All those decades of study without learning even the smallest amount - were they worth it?

Getting to know the Saviour is always worth it

Forum List

Back