Are You Going to Hell?

Because God is holy and perfect. Unless you are, or have been accepted as such, you cannot be with Him--you cannot be in His Presence.

really? I read the bible, and I don't see a "holy" or "perfect" being. I see a deity who is malicious, vindictive and petty.

This is a god who kills babies to teach people lessons.

He provided a way. If you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life, you are saved. If you are a Believer, upon Judgment, God sees the debt as PAID, but not by you. By Jesus Christ. God's justice is satisfied, and His mercy is extended to you.

again, this is horseshit and not moral.

So by your logic, Jeff Dahnmer accepted Jesus and therefore it became okay that he killed and ate all those people. Hopefully, none of those people went to heaven, because MAN, would that be awkward! ("So, um, Jeff, what did I taste like?")

MEANWHILE, Ann Frank never accepted Jesus. Probably because it was Christians who sent her and her family off to the Concentration Camps. So since she never accepted Jesus into her soul, she was going down to the pit of hell to burn forever and ever right along side Hitler and the Nazis who killed her. MAN, that would be fucking awkward, too!

So what kind of truly fucked up cosmology lets Jeff The Cannibal into heaven and sends Ann the Holocaust Victim to Hell.

Joe insists on going off in a tizzy, so he won't listen. But for others who might:

God is creator. He who creates has the right to take whenever He chooses. For any reason. Even to "teach a lesson". He is God. You are not.

What Jeffrey Dahmer did was not okay, is not okay, and will never be okay. Anne Frank was always and will always be a more moral person. God is not judging by a sliding moral scale who gets into heaven. ANY sin will keep you out of heaven--ANY sin. If Anne Frank was mean to her sister or said harsh words to her mother, she is not getting into heaven. Again: ANY sin.

Jeffrey Dahmer is let into heaven because his sin--atrocious as it is--is forgiven. Anne's was not. Simple as that.

Now, had his and her sin not been forgiven, his would have been punished much, much more. And had Anne's sins been forgiven, she probably would have earned greater rewards in heaven that Dahmer. That's where the sliding scale does come into play. But she does not gain entrance because her sins are not forgiven.

Again you don't have to like that system, one where deep sin can be forgiven, and "good" people can go to Hell. If you don't, you are free to reject it--at your peril. God will give you that choice.
Are you making this up as you go along? Otherwise, where do you get all this nonsense?

Every once in a very great while I check ignored content just to see what's up.

I wonder why you even bother to interact with Christians if you do not know even the basics. And if you don't know even the basics, why does it slip so easily under your skin?

Oh, that's right, I already know. Hence why you're on ignore.
You sound bitter, but when you get to heaven, don't pass Dahmer the salt, it'll just wet his appetite. :biggrin:

Because God is holy and perfect. Unless you are, or have been accepted as such, you cannot be with Him--you cannot be in His Presence.

really? I read the bible, and I don't see a "holy" or "perfect" being. I see a deity who is malicious, vindictive and petty.

He provided a way. If you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life, you are saved. If you are a Believer, upon Judgment, God sees the debt as PAID, but not by you. By Jesus Christ. God's justice is satisfied, and His mercy is extended to you.

So by your logic, Jeff Dahnmer accepted Jesus and therefore it became okay that he killed and ate all those people. Hopefully, none of those people went to heaven, because MAN, would that be awkward! ("So, um, Jeff, what did I taste like?")

MEANWHILE, Ann Frank never accepted Jesus. Probably because it was Christians who sent her and her family off to the Concentration Camps. So since she never accepted Jesus into her soul, she was going down to the pit of hell to burn forever and ever right along side Hitler and the Nazis who killed her. MAN, that would be fucking awkward, too!

So what kind of truly fucked up cosmology lets Jeff The Cannibal into heaven and sends Ann the Holocaust Victim to Hell.

Joe insists on going off in a tizzy, so he won't listen. But for others who might:

God is creator. He who creates has the right to take whenever He chooses. For any reason. Even to "teach a lesson". He is God. You are not.

What Jeffrey Dahmer did was not okay, is not okay, and will never be okay. Anne Frank was always and will always be a more moral person. God is not judging by a sliding moral scale who gets into heaven. ANY sin will keep you out of heaven--ANY sin. If Anne Frank was mean to her sister or said harsh words to her mother, she is not getting into heaven. Again: ANY sin.

Jeffrey Dahmer is let into heaven because his sin--atrocious as it is--is forgiven. Anne's was not. Simple as that.

Now, had his and her sin not been forgiven, his would have been punished much, much more. And had Anne's sins been forgiven, she probably would have earned greater rewards in heaven that Dahmer. That's where the sliding scale does come into play. But she does not gain entrance because her sins are not forgiven.

Again you don't have to like that system, one where deep sin can be forgiven, and "good" people can go to Hell. If you don't, you are free to reject it--at your peril. God will give you that choice.
Are you making this up as you go along? Otherwise, where do you get all this nonsense?

I wonder why you even bother to interact with Christians if you do not know even the basics. And if you don't know even the basics, why does it slip so easily under your skin?

You sound bitter, but when you get to heaven, don't pass Dahmer the salt, it'll put him on edge. :biggrin:

You are very far gone and that's a scary place to be. Do you know it? Do you care?

Eating people is not okay, obviously. Can you settle down or are you going to go off like a 7th grade school girl who lost her nail polish remover? Seriously. Calm down and I can explain.

Okay, I realized you couldn't respond to the point I made.

I always thought cannibalism should be a mitigating factor for murder because it's less wasteful, but never mind.

One more time.. you insisted that no matter what terrible sin you've committed, if you accept JAY-A-ZUS into your heart, all your sins will be forgiven and you will get into heaven. This is a basic cornerstone of Christian theology.

So if Chef Jeff were REALLY sincere about being sorry about eating those dudes, and was forgiven, he gets into heaven.

That's all kinds of messed up. Even if he was really sorry, there should be some punishment.

Chef Jeff will never repent for eating people. Heck, many people will never repent for doing minor things.

Seriously. How many Christians will ever repent for lying in the name of God, violating divine law, desecrating the teachings of Jesus and practicing idolatry as if it was the way to eternal life?

When people are abandoned by God to their folly, they lose the ability to repent, even if their sin is as obvious as a white boulder in the middle of a plowed field.

Even if you tried to help them they would just think you were a devil, an atheist, or even worse, a Jew,.

Getting a liar to admit that he is lying and repent would require a miracle.

People can and have repented. It happens every day. It is a miracle and only happens by the grace of God. But believe me: it does happen. Thank God.

When I see the Pope abolish eucharistic worship I'll believe...

Heck I'll even settle for you admitting that you have the whole damn Jesus story all wrong.

Are You Going to Hell?

Oh Hell yes, I gotz a first class ticket...Should be warm for a change.

It is the absence of all good things.
Much like living on Earth for a poor man.

Oh no, not even close. Right now you are living with what is called Common Grace. Even a poor man has the good pleasure of common grace. Sunshine. Air. A belly even partway full. A body sometimes at comfort. Something to slake thirst. Sleep and rest when you are tired. Common because these are good gifts giving by the Good Gift Giver to everyone, even unbelievers.

In Hell even Common Grace is not given. Imagine it if you dare. I dare not.
Sounds like marriage.

Make light of it at your peril. I have said my piece.

Are You Going to Hell?

Oh Hell yes, I gotz a first class ticket...Should be warm for a change.

Oh no, not even close. Right now you are living with what is called Common Grace. Even a poor man has the good pleasure of common grace. Sunshine. Air. A belly even partway full. A body sometimes at comfort. Something to slake thirst. Sleep and rest when you are tired. Common because these are good gifts giving by the Good Gift Giver to everyone, even unbelievers.

Sounds like marriage.

If God didn't have a sense of humor he would have never created humans...

Eating people is not okay, obviously. Can you settle down or are you going to go off like a 7th grade school girl who lost her nail polish remover? Seriously. Calm down and I can explain.

I always thought cannibalism should be a mitigating factor for murder because it's less wasteful, but never mind.

One more time.. you insisted that no matter what terrible sin you've committed, if you accept JAY-A-ZUS into your heart, all your sins will be forgiven and you will get into heaven. This is a basic cornerstone of Christian theology.

So if Chef Jeff were REALLY sincere about being sorry about eating those dudes, and was forgiven, he gets into heaven.

That's all kinds of messed up. Even if he was really sorry, there should be some punishment.

Chef Jeff will never repent for eating people. Heck, many people will never repent for doing minor things.

Seriously. How many Christians will ever repent for lying in the name of God, violating divine law, desecrating the teachings of Jesus and practicing idolatry as if it was the way to eternal life?

When people are abandoned by God to their folly, they lose the ability to repent, even if their sin is as obvious as a white boulder in the middle of a plowed field.

Even if you tried to help them they would just think you were a devil, an atheist, or even worse, a Jew,.

People can and have repented. It happens every day. It is a miracle and only happens by the grace of God. But believe me: it does happen. Thank God.

Heck I'll even settle for you admitting that you have the whole damn Jesus story all wrong.

I have you on ignore for a reason. Your words are to be avoided, and not because they threaten my faith in any way. For other reasons.

Go your way then. Dust/sandals

You sound bitter, but when you get to heaven, don't pass Dahmer the salt, it'll put him on edge. :biggrin:

You are very far gone and that's a scary place to be. Do you know it? Do you care?
As long as they don't sit me at your table in heaven with Adolf, Jeffrey and all the other maniacs, it's all good. :biggrin:

Sounds like marriage.

If God didn't have a sense of humor he would have never created humans...

He does have a sense of humor. But your eternal home is not funny, and it's not like being poor, and it's not marriage.

I have you on ignore for a reason. Your words are to be avoided, and not because they threaten my faith in any way. For other reasons.

See Joe?

Assholes, hypocrites, murderers, sorcerers, dogs, and lying frauds will never inherit the kingdom of God.

They are not going to hell.

They are already in it.

See Joe?

Assholes, hypocrites, murderers, sorcerers, dogs, and lying frauds will never inherit the kingdom of God.

They are already in it.
But YOU will. :biggrin:

See Joe?

They are already in it.

Hebrew for "pain"--used in Zechariah

What a sad view of religion

See Joe?

They are already in it.

You two demons are fighting a losing battle.

"You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe--and shudder!"--James 2:19

That is your opinion.

You are not God. I know that's a newsflash for you.

Pride: it's a killer.

See Joe?

They are already in it.

Are you in pain dear?

See Joe?

They are already in it.

You two demons are fighting a losing battle.

"You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe--and shudder!"--James 2:19

lol....

Don't you believe in a trinity?

That is precisely and exactly right. You are exactly right. I'm sorry--truly--that you are small enough that you can't accept that. That you seem to think there are unforgivable sins. But really the only unforgivable sin is hardening your heart, again and again, to the Holy Spirit--blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

No, murdering and eating 17 people is truly unforgivable.

Not worshiping the right sky pixie isn't that big of a deal.

Again, letting Chef Jeff into heaven and sending Ann Frank to Hell is crazy.

BTW, you wanted Dahmer to suffer for what he did--that's a form of self-righteousness. The same that you probably accuse Christians of. You think you're better than Dahmer, that you're a better person.

Well, I am better than Dahmner, I haven't eaten anyone lately... What I actually wanted for him to do was spend the rest of his life in prison, which is what he did, even though that life was short because another inmate beat him to death with a metal bar.

I don't think there is an afterlife, but if there was, letting him into heaven while other people who were decent but didn't worship the right sky pixie go to hell is all manner of messed up in my world.

But on the God-scale, you are still a sinner. You are covered in filthy rags, presenting filthy rags to God, accusing God of loving a sinner like Dahmer while being one yourself. Do you see? While you accuse God of being unmerciful, God who has forgiven Dahmer, what have you done?

No, I just think your image of God has his priorities fucked up. He's more concerned about who kisses his ass (do deities have asses?) than the quality of how you lived.

So in my version, the sweet girl who got sent to the gas chamber because she was the wrong religion gets into heaven, and the creep who raped, murdered and ATE 17 people gets sent to hell. Whether or not that should be for "All Eternity" or not is a different issue.

If I were one of the relatives of Dahmner's victims, like the 14 year old Laotian boy who he drilled holes into the skull of trying to make him a sex zombie, I wouldn't be in a very forgiving mood.

That is your opinion.

You are not God. I know that's a newsflash for you.

Pride: it's a killer.
Is that why you can't admit that the worship of Jesus is idolatry?

That is precisely and exactly right. You are exactly right. I'm sorry--truly--that you are small enough that you can't accept that. That you seem to think there are unforgivable sins. But really the only unforgivable sin is hardening your heart, again and again, to the Holy Spirit--blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

No, murdering and eating 17 people is truly unforgivable.

Not worshiping the right sky pixie isn't that big of a deal.

Again, letting Chef Jeff into heaven and sending Ann Frank to Hell is crazy.

BTW, you wanted Dahmer to suffer for what he did--that's a form of self-righteousness. The same that you probably accuse Christians of. You think you're better than Dahmer, that you're a better person.

Well, I am better than Dahmner, I haven't eaten anyone lately... What I actually wanted for him to do was spend the rest of his life in prison, which is what he did, even though that life was short because another inmate beat him to death with a metal bar.

I don't think there is an afterlife, but if there was, letting him into heaven while other people who were decent but didn't worship the right sky pixie go to hell is all manner of messed up in my world.

But on the God-scale, you are still a sinner. You are covered in filthy rags, presenting filthy rags to God, accusing God of loving a sinner like Dahmer while being one yourself. Do you see? While you accuse God of being unmerciful, God who has forgiven Dahmer, what have you done?

No, I just think your image of God has his priorities fucked up. He's more concerned about who kisses his ass (do deities have asses?) than the quality of how you lived.

So in my version, the sweet girl who got sent to the gas chamber because she was the wrong religion gets into heaven, and the creep who raped, murdered and ATE 17 people gets sent to hell. Whether or not that should be for "All Eternity" or not is a different issue.

If I were one of the relatives of Dahmner's victims, like the 14 year old Laotian boy who he drilled holes into the skull of trying to make him a sex zombie, I wouldn't be in a very forgiving mood.

It was explained to you and you reject it.

Dust-sandals. On that day don't say you didn't know.

New Topics

Forum List

Back