Are you born gay?

I think you need to understand the relative unimportance of men with respect to an omnipotent creator. It is only through His grace that we are allowed to exist.

If you created a widget, and several turned out defective, would you not destroy them in order to protect the integrity of the design?
Hey, I was just following your parent comparison is all.

How would destroying defective widgets protect the integrity of the design? If anything, I would think the true integrity of the design would manage to shine despite the defectives. A good design thriving amongst failed designs would be much more convincing to me than just one design with nothing to compare to, but that's me

But I can understand the mentality of destroying everything else for simplicity's sake.

How would destroying defective widgets protect the integrity of the design? If anything, I would think the true integrity of the design would manage to shine despite the defectives. A good design thriving amongst failed designs would be much more convincing to me than just one design with nothing to compare to, but that's me

But I can understand the mentality of destroying everything else for simplicity's sake.

Destroying a defective widget protects the intergrity of the design by ensuring that no one gets a hold of one and assumes ALL widgets are just as bad as the one you got. There would always be the question----did I get the real thing or did I get a defect ?

Destroying a defective widget protects the intergrity of the design by ensuring that no one gets a hold of one and assumes ALL widgets are just as bad as the one you got. There would always be the question----did I get the real thing or did I get a defect ?
Not a very good assumption to make, IMO. But I understand your point.

The design for the widget (man) is perfect, but God gave man free will, so the implementation is often less than perfect. Add the effect of true evil in the world and you have a recipe for some gawd-awful widgets. These should be destroyed so as not to sully the original design.

The design for the widget (man) is perfect, but God gave man free will, so the implementation is often less than perfect. Add the effect of true evil in the world and you have a recipe for some gawd-awful widgets. These should be destroyed so as not to sully the original design.
If the design is perfect, how can it be sullied?

As stated: the free will of man :slap: and the existence of evil. :dev2:
Seems like a design that can be ruined isn't a perfect design, to me at least.

And if we truly have/had free will, how is supernatural slaughter of the defective consistent with it?

I'm sorry, but I think this is a cop-out.
I asked you to explain to me why you think what you do.
How is referencing the book that makes me think the way I do a cop-out?

God makes the Phaoroh intentionally not let the Jewish people go just so he can unlease the plagues? If a child disobeys their parents, the child is to be killed? Just minor examples.

How is referencing the book that makes me think the way I do a cop-out?
Because all you said was the "Old Testament".

God makes the Phaoroh intentionally not let the Jewish people go just so he can unlease the plagues?
I'm curious how God made Pharaoh do anything. Are you referring to the text about "hardening Pharaoh's heart"?
If a child disobeys their parents, the child is to be killed? Just minor examples.
You're going to have to explain this one further.

Because all you said was the "Old Testament".

I'm curious how God made Pharaoh do anything. Are you referring to the text about "hardening Pharaoh's heart"?
You're going to have to explain this one further.
God made the Pharaoh's (thanks for catching my spelling mistake by the way :)) heart hard intentionally so that he wouldn't let the Israelites go free and so he could punish him.

I've read most of the Bible, so I am very sure that's in there. And I did make a mistake, it's stoning, though that's pretty much death. Deuteronomy 21:18-21.

God made the Pharaoh's (thanks for catching my spelling mistake by the way :)) heart hard intentionally so that he wouldn't let the Israelites go free and so he could punish him.
No, that's not right. God did not intentionally hardend Pharaoh's heart. Pharaoh did it himself.
Do you know anyone that you just chap their *ss? I mean they just don't like & you no matter what you do, they won't give in, even if you prove yourself to be a pretty good guy? They choose to not like you for whatever their reasoning is; you harden their heart towards you.

I've read most of the Bible, so I am very sure that's in there. And I did make a mistake, it's stoning, though that's pretty much death. Deuteronomy 21:18-21.
So, you don't believe in capital punishment?

No, that's not right. God did not intentionally hardend Pharaoh's heart. Pharaoh did it himself.
Do you know anyone that you just chap their *ss? I mean they just don't like & you no matter what you do, they won't give in, even if you prove yourself to be a pretty good guy? They choose to not like you for whatever their reasoning is; you harden their heart towards you.

So, you don't believe in capital punishment?
If I remember correctly, God said he would harden Pharaoh's heart. Exodus 9:12, 10:20

Does that not mean God made his heart hard so he wouldn't listen?

No, I don't. And before you ask, I'm opposed to abortion.

Forum List

Back