Are you born gay?

1. The very perfection of something can make it more delicate.
Please explain.
2. I give my children as much freedom as they can responsibly handle. If they go over the line I kick their their little asses. I belive God does the same, only with a much longer leash, and more dreadful consequences.
You give them as much responsibility that YOU think they can handle. Hopefully you're a good judge of that.

At what point does a child no longer need a leash, though? Our difference in opinion probably lies in your belief that, as a species, we are, spiritually, children for eternity. At some point, the leash comes off, we turn 18, and get kicked out the house, and we learn life's lessons the hard way.

And are we using the parent-child God-humanity comparison or not?

Nobody cares about another person gender preference. Gays shouldn't be harrassed, but they also shouldn't be advocating the celebration of their abnormal behaviors either.

Private sexual habits should remain just that, private. That goes for gays, hetrosexuals into S&M as long as it's consenual.

The rest of us really don't want to hear about it. I don't, anyway. I sure as hell don't want my kid reading about it in the first grade.

What proof can you supply showing homosexuality to be an "abnormal" behavior? The APA removed homoseuality from the DSMV back in the early 70's.

What proof can you supply showing homosexuality to be an "abnormal" behavior? The APA removed homoseuality from the DSMV back in the early 70's.

so it is normal for a man to wake up one day and say.....

"ya know i like takin it in the ass and i prefer balls on my chin rather than tits in my face"

sounds normal to me....i mean what else could mother nature have had in mind....

Any behaivior practiced by 1 to 1.5% of the population is considered abnormal. It's simple statistics. The real issue here is why the APA removed it from a disease list, allowing it to fester uncured.

Any behaivior practiced by 1 to 1.5% of the population is considered abnormal. It's simple statistics. The real issue here is why the APA removed it from a disease list, allowing it to fester uncured.

Because it doesn't even pass the giggle test as being a disease. Only in the eyes of bigots and homophobes.

What right-wing, Christian, homophobe site did you get that statistic from? It's also been estimated at approximately 10% (which might, or might not be on the high side) which is in line with the appearance of certain recessive traits in the general population.

But if you're still getting your info from the 700 club, I can understand why you'd be so off base. :thup:

Plenty of things are abnormal. Abnormal does not equate to bad.

Brain surgeons are abnormal.
Valedictorians are abnormal.
Male flute players are abnormal. :laugh:
70 year old marathon runners are abnormal.

Lets get some statistics here, how many people are reported per year that die from being gay?

Be careful this is a very loaded question.:)

From being gay itself? None.

From the effects of homosexual behavior, to include STDs (like AIDS) caught while participating in homosexual behavior? Dunno, but probably thousands annually in the US.

What right-wing, Christian, homophobe site did you get that statistic from. It's also been estimated at approximately 10% (which might, or might not be on the high side) which is in line with the appearance of certain recessive traits in the general population.

But if you're still getting your info from the 700 club, I can understand why you'd be so off base. :thup:

Eight major studies have been performed to determine the actual percentage of homosexuals in the general population. The average percentage of homosexuality among both genders would be about 0.7 percent.
http://www.prolife.org.ph/page/homosexuality1

Oops- it looks like I was was off, as the actual percentage is even lower. Are you going to call me a liar now?

You are referring to a non scientific report from the 1940's when you refer to 10%. Weren't you the one who stated that you prefer science to opinion, or something like that?

And like my comment to Grump, I am not surprised by your name-calling, but I am disapointed.

From being gay itself? None.

From the effects of homosexual behavior, to include STDs (like AIDS) caught while participating in homosexual behavior? Dunno, but probably thousands annually in the US.

No question that's a problem for the gay community. But right now, the greatest number of deaths from HIV/AIDS is from heterosexual behavior. Yet, despite that, no one would ever say these people died from "being heterosexual.

The truth is that unsafe sex is a bad idea regardless of whether one is gay or straight and it's important for kids to truly understand the implications of their behavior and learn how to protect against disease including, though not limited to, abstinence.

Forum List

Back