Are you Americans going to

roomy said:
Are any of you even going to watch it?I have read it is not too popular a sport in the USA, Is it growing in popularity, having such a massive poulation you would think you could find a squad of footballers capable of being the best in the world.American football doesn't count here, this is my thread and we are talking real football.Send some of your top coaches over to Europe to learn the finer art and get serious about the game guys.

NO, I will not be watching.
nfl..... :D

I was actually going to start a World Cup 2006 thread around the first of June for us soccer (football) fans to discuss the tournament.

I am a hard core fan. Played and watched my entire life. Went to quite a few games in the 1990 World Cup in Italy. Watched the 3rd place game between Italy and England. (Sorry Mate..but I was pulling for Italy)

We have a tough draw. I see a win against Ghana but probably two loses (Italy and Czech). I hope we can pull a draw against Czech Republic and Ghana will upset against one of the other two teams.

Italy will go through undefeated. After that, with a couple of upsets, we might squeak into the next round. Probably out after that though considering # 2 in Group E plays winner of Group F which will be Brazil.

roomy said:
How dare you.I hope Italy hammer you 6-0 for your bare faced cheek.

I do too.

I'm all for "GO USA" but my fave national team is Italy. When the two of them play, I hope we play well. I doubt we will win considering Italy's run through qualifying. Losing Vieri will hurt for his experience and leadership but with Totti back, I think they will cruise through the First Round.

I used to play soccer alot as a kid. Was fun to play but I can't stand watching it. I don't even know if the world cup is going to be televised. Basketball and (REAL) Football are alot more fun to play and watch.

theHawk said:
I used to play soccer alot as a kid. Was fun to play but I can't stand watching it. I don't even know if the world cup is going to be televised. Basketball and (REAL) Football are alot more fun to play and watch.

Every game. ESPN and ABC.

I can't stand to watch soccer. I get too pissed off at all the flopping and whining that goes on.

roomy said:
Real football as you call it is rugby for girls, a bunch of limpwristed poofters mincing around with crash helmets and padding on, get them to take the protection off and play proper rugby.
Your best rugby player would get destroyed by a marginal NFL talent.

roomy said:
Fucking kickball?You are a heathen DMP, You need some education, watch your national team during the world cup, you may be surprised to learn that you enjoy it.

You may be surprised to know I didn't enjoy soccer in school, while living in Europe, OR while living in Asia. I don't enjoy the sport. Every time I see the game being played around here, it's by 8 year old girls.

:)

roomy said:
Only because we don't wear a suit of armour like the girlies from the NFL.

I forgot about rugby, thats another KIDS game we used to play in the school yard. If rugby boys are so tough then why don't they come make millions in the NFL? Every rugby player I've seen is some scrawny lanky whiteboy. Its always funny to hear rugby fanatics talk about the football pads and gear, they don't need to wear pads because they only weigh 120 sopping wet! How could they hurt each other? NFL players are 250+ pound blackmen, Samoans, and cornbread fed Texan whiteboys....little lanky wanks wouldn't last five minutes.

theHawk said:
I forgot about rugby, thats another KIDS game we used to play in the school yard. If rugby boys are so tough then why don't they come make millions in the NFL? Every rugby player I've seen is some scrawny lanky whiteboy. Its always funny to hear rugby fanatics talk about the football pads and gear, they don't need to wear pads because they only weigh 120 sopping wet! How could they hurt each other? NFL players are 250+ pound blackmen, Samoans, and cornbread fed Texan whiteboys....little lanky wanks wouldn't last five minutes.
Actually professional Rugby players are hosses. Just not NFL hosses. They do tend to withstand injury quite well. I will give them the nod in that department.

theHawk said:

The biggest and baddest NFL player wouldn't make it. Throw him out there with the All-Blacks, Wallabies, or Springboks and he'll be crawling off the field before the first half is even over.

Played soccer for 6 years before high school when i joined the football team. REAL football. Soccer is easy to play because all you need is a ball. Watching it is torture though. Guys passing endlessly around the field and taking about 3 or 4 shots a game. Then you have the pussies flopping every chance they get. A yellow card is handed out for pretty much anything involving physical contact and a fall. Then they all act like maniacs when they finally score a freakin goal provided its not a bleeding 0-0 tie. Soccer is probably the most boring sport to watch in the world. I think i'd rather watch golf. Yes i said GOLF is more interesting then soccer.

roomy said:
I have edited your post so that others don't have to read through the whole lot again.

I have to disagree though, golf is more boring.

Well you kept it pretty much the same. "Watching guys and pussies act like maniacs" is a rather impolite way of referring to soccer but whatever floats your boat.

The ClayTaurus said:
Your best rugby player would get destroyed by a marginal NFL talent.

I think not!

Our rugby players are fit for a start - they play a fast, tough game for 80 minutes - not a stop-start game which drags out for hours with a stop and change of team every two minutes!

theHawk said:

You're funny!

Why the heck would a decent rugby player want to go to the States and play that dull game of yours?

I'd love to see some of your 'big, tough' players last a whole 80 minutes without padding against England, the Aussies or the All Blacks!

Dream on!

Forum List

Back