Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I used to be

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • I never have

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
BTW. My answer is yes. I smoked 2 between 330 and 5 this morning and will probably have another at 1230 or so when I go down to the barn to check on the guys(20 minute walk). I keep the smokes down there for that reason. NONE at the main house ( other than AK47:cool:)

I quit July 29, 1961

I had just turned three. ;)
No smiling:mad: ! You're still OLD ! Not as old as me but OLD nonetheless. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, hey - and don't I know it. My nickname is "Ancient of Days."

I play WoW, and my personality comes out in the game. Kids, - I mean ten years younger than my youngest stepdaughter, kids - start hitting on me. I just tell them I'm a grandma, and that pretty much ends that.

I am a smoker, have been for 20+ years. I used to smoke Marlboro reds, I switched to little cigars a few years back.

I've never been a particularly heavy smoker. For the majority of the time I've been a half-a-pack a day smoker. I don't drink, so the drinking and smoking thing has never been an issue for me.

...smoked since I was 15
...will sue the estates of John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, Steve McQueen, Humprey Bogart and other Hollywood Hero Smokers if I contract lung cancer before dying. THEY MADE ME DO IT!

I've not tried heroine, but I understand it is easier to get rid of than nicotine. I can believe that. I've quit smoking several times.

I quit July 29, 1961

I had just turned three. ;)
I was 20 at the time and in the Air Force in Samsun, Turkey, the tobacco export center for the country.

If you really WANT a reason to quit, immerse yourself in the stench of 100% Turkish tobacco surrounding you. Sort of like the French Gauloises, but even stinkier!

Turkish cigarettes smell like incense. Gross stuff.

...smoked since I was 15
...will sue the estates of John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, Steve McQueen, Humprey Bogart and other Hollywood Hero Smokers if I contract lung cancer before dying. THEY MADE ME DO IT!

I've not tried heroine, but I understand it is easier to get rid of than nicotine. I can believe that. I've quit smoking several times.

The first six months I quit smoking, I got hungry for a cigarette. I actually understood what it would feel like for vampires if they were real. It was an actual hunger. My mouth would even water.

It was way past craving.

Scientific studies have shown nicotine addiction is just as powerful as heroin addition, yep.

An ugly person could drive by in a beater car with a cigarette dangling from their mouth, the most unattractive picture you could imagine, and I would be jealous of that person!

A little over a year after I quit, I went through a highly stressful period and I bought a pack of smokes.

I smoked about half a cigarette and got incredibly nauseous.

So I hold onto that memory. It is fresher than the hunger memories.

And now I can't even stand the smell of cigarette smoke. I can even tell when someone has just had a cigarette. I can smell it on them, and it is the most obnoxious smell to me now.

I've seen many ex-smokers become the most militant anti-smokers. I won't allow myself to become like that, but I can see how it happens.

i was smoker in the past... now, from the autumn 2007 - i'm breathing with clear air :)))

thank you, BDBoop :) the most terrible nightmare for me - when it seems to me during the dream, that i'm smoking again :)

On day four of the hostage crisis, I called everybody at the table an effinheimer, got up and walked home.

Their crime was telling me they were so proud of me as they lit up.

>.>

I quit in September of 1980. I may have had a drunken slip or two a couple of times after, but I never bought another pack, and I know I haven't had a cigarette for way more than 25 years.
I smoked for 35 years. Quit in 1985 with the help of Nicorette gum. Nicotine addiction is so tenacious I still experience an occasional craving (for about ten seconds) but overall I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke now.

I've quit hundreds of times. Once for about 2 years, though usually I last until about 7AM. I smoke about a pack a day. Less if I'm working outside, more if I'm just hanging out on the computer.
We have a place in town that has automated rolling machines. You put a box of tubes in a cartridge, dump a half pound of tobacco in a hopper and push a couple buttons. 3 minutes later, you have 200 loose cigarettes. You hand the lady $24 (26 for menthol) and you're good to go.

Forum List

Back