Are you a good person?

There is only one God the Father.

Talk to Him. He loves you.
Then he should tell us or show us.

Are you saying all we got to do is really believe first? It doesn't work that way. If you, your preacher or parents,Joseph Smith Moses or 3 wisemen tell me a unbelievable sorry I'm not going to buy it.

Interestingly Jesus went around supposedly performing miracles. So early Christians got proof? And we don't. We just got to have faith.

Please watch this video and let's see how "Mr. Nice Guy" fares after taking the test. How well would you do? Do you believe you are a good person? Watch the video and learn how God views Mr. Nice Guy's life on earth. Then ask yourself, how does God view my life?

How does believing Jesus is the son of God give me a free pass on the sin I will commit in my life? Because it isn't like Christians break the commandments any less than the rest of us. So you will have to answer for your sins too. Is believing the Christian faith your get into heaven free card?

Oh no it isn't like we do not break the commandments any less than the rest of you do. Any Christian that does not keep the commandments of God will one day hear Jesus say, Depart from me, ye workers of iniquity I never knew you.

If you are a Christian and if you have sinned you can repent to the LORD with a sincere heart and He will forgive you.
It is written:
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

Jesus said, if you love me? Keep my commandments.

it is written:
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:15

Notice that He didn't say he would keep them for you. He said, You keep them. Before the cross? You could not. After the cross? You must!

Understand?

Read Hebrews 10:23-31. It's a warning to the Christian who has been deceived into believing grace is a license for sin.

What about those that sin against you. Keep reading the Bible and turning the other cheek?
Is it ever appropriate to bring it to light?

An
If you died tonight in your sleep where would you go? Heaven or hell? Do you know which place you would be? Watch this video and see what happens when we die and leave this earth.

I'm not worried. My God loves me. Worry about yourself & your own deeds.

And his own understanding of what God is or if God even exists in the first place.

The born again schtick is very cult like. Very aggressive but in a nice way. While saying believe or burn they smile. Very slick subtle tactic. Try to get to know you a little before telling you what they really believe.

Its downright vicious and toxic.

Its evil, especially the way they tell children they will burn forever if they're sprinkled in Magic Water.

It makes ISIL look like the good guys because they torture and burn their victims for only a short while.

Baptism is an outward expression of an inner change. You are twisting it to make it sound ugly and frightening .I havent been outwardly baptized as an adult.or not yet ...this below best described it for me.
916a19215482046cdd6bc88b5d262af0.jpg

I was baptized in a Baptist church before a congregation of nearly a thousand on a Sunday morning in the spring of 1957. I became a Sunday school teacher, a member of the building committee and the Brotherhood. I worked with RA Boys and coached one of their baseball teams. I was a substitute usher. I spoke with personal testimony in nearby small churches. I visited the sick on Tuesday evenings and twice a year we visited a prison or a jail. We tithed our gross. I walked the walk. Then in the fall of 1993 when I retired I told my family that I had never believed. I didn't want to die living a lie. I don't know why I lived that way for that long...it was a mistake. Two of my children are into the church stuff but one daughter has told everyone else in the family that she feels the way I do. She doesn't believe it.

I understand going through the motions...I use to think it was a nice idea but decided I knew better and handled things much better than waiting on a God I wasnt even sure of.
I know now it a personal relationship and a saving grace through Jesus Christ.
Reading Gods word becomes like nourishment.
I still want to find a decent church.

An
I'm not worried. My God loves me. Worry about yourself & your own deeds.
And his own understanding of what God is or if God even exists in the first place.

The born again schtick is very cult like. Very aggressive but in a nice way. While saying believe or burn they smile. Very slick subtle tactic. Try to get to know you a little before telling you what they really believe.

Its evil, especially the way they tell children they will burn forever if they're sprinkled in Magic Water.

It makes ISIL look like the good guys because they torture and burn their victims for only a short while.

Baptism is an outward expression of an inner change. You are twisting it to make it sound ugly and frightening .I havent been outwardly baptized as an adult.or not yet ...this below best described it for me.

I was baptized in a Baptist church before a congregation of nearly a thousand on a Sunday morning in the spring of 1957. I became a Sunday school teacher, a member of the building committee and the Brotherhood. I worked with RA Boys and coached one of their baseball teams. I was a substitute usher. I spoke with personal testimony in nearby small churches. I visited the sick on Tuesday evenings and twice a year we visited a prison or a jail. We tithed our gross. I walked the walk. Then in the fall of 1993 when I retired I told my family that I had never believed. I didn't want to die living a lie. I don't know why I lived that way for that long...it was a mistake. Two of my children are into the church stuff but one daughter has told everyone else in the family that she feels the way I do. She doesn't believe it.

I understand going through the motions...I use to think it was a nice idea but decided I knew better and handled things much better than waiting on a God I wasnt even sure of.
Good luck with that.

An

Good luck with that.

They are out there Sealy.

Please watch this video and let's see how "Mr. Nice Guy" fares after taking the test. How well would you do? Do you believe you are a good person? Watch the video and learn how God views Mr. Nice Guy's life on earth. Then ask yourself, how does God view my life?

I don’t think this issue is discussed enough. Seems like most of the time we discuss if we believe in god and very little time sounding like good people.

Are you a good person beyond believing a story? How else do you prove you’re a good persona. Do people like you?

How does believing Jesus is the son of God give me a free pass on the sin I will commit in my life? Because it isn't like Christians break the commandments any less than the rest of us. So you will have to answer for your sins too. Is believing the Christian faith your get into heaven free card?

Oh no it isn't like we do not break the commandments any less than the rest of you do. Any Christian that does not keep the commandments of God will one day hear Jesus say, Depart from me, ye workers of iniquity I never knew you.

If you are a Christian and if you have sinned you can repent to the LORD with a sincere heart and He will forgive you.
It is written:
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

Jesus said, if you love me? Keep my commandments.

it is written:
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:15

Notice that He didn't say he would keep them for you. He said, You keep them. Before the cross? You could not. After the cross? You must!

Understand?

Read Hebrews 10:23-31. It's a warning to the Christian who has been deceived into believing grace is a license for sin.

Have you continued to sin? Then you aren’t really sorry

Forum List

Back