Are you a good person?

An
And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

~ Matthew 6: 5-6

If you died tonight in your sleep where would you go? Heaven or hell? Do you know which place you would be? Watch this video and see what happens when we die and leave this earth.

I'm not worried. My God loves me. Worry about yourself & your own deeds.

And his own understanding of what God is or if God even exists in the first place.

The born again schtick is very cult like. Very aggressive but in a nice way. While saying believe or burn they smile. Very slick subtle tactic. Try to get to know you a little before telling you what they really believe.

Its passive aggressive behavior very close to the southern culture, maybe that's why its so big in the south

An
And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

If you died tonight in your sleep where would you go? Heaven or hell? Do you know which place you would be? Watch this video and see what happens when we die and leave this earth.

And his own understanding of what God is or if God even exists in the first place.

The born again schtick is very cult like. Very aggressive but in a nice way. While saying believe or burn they smile. Very slick subtle tactic. Try to get to know you a little before telling you what they really believe.

I almost mentioned that the Jehovah Witness' believe only 144,000 go to heaven, to rule mankind along with Jesus, but that would have opened up a can of worms with dueling Christianity beliefs.

An

Its downright vicious and toxic.

Its evil, especially the way they tell children they will burn forever if they're sprinkled in Magic Water.

It makes ISIL look like the good guys because they torture and burn their victims for only a short while.

Did you hear him say God hates sin? Sounds like a human emotion to me.

An

I almost mentioned that the Jehovah Witness' believe only 144,000 go to heaven, to rule mankind along with Jesus, but that would have opened up a can of worms with dueling Christianity beliefs.

So they want to rule mankind. Sounds like a human desire, not a God. Their story of God is laughable. Happened 2000 years ago and they can't prove it. You gotta just have faith, same as Mormons or Muslims.

I am a fucking good person

I rescue kittens from trees and I help old ladies across the street

Please watch this video and let's see how "Mr. Nice Guy" fares after taking the test. How well would you do? Do you believe you are a good person? Watch the video and learn how God views Mr. Nice Guy's life on earth. Then ask yourself, how does God view my life?

How does believing Jesus is the son of God give me a free pass on the sin I will commit in my life? Because it isn't like Christians break the commandments any less than the rest of us. So you will have to answer for your sins too. Is believing the Christian faith your get into heaven free card?

Oh no it isn't like we do not break the commandments any less than the rest of you do. Any Christian that does not keep the commandments of God will one day hear Jesus say, Depart from me, ye workers of iniquity I never knew you.

If you are a Christian and if you have sinned you can repent to the LORD with a sincere heart and He will forgive you.
It is written:
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

Jesus said, if you love me? Keep my commandments.

it is written:
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:15

Notice that He didn't say he would keep them for you. He said, You keep them. Before the cross? You could not. After the cross? You must!

Understand?

Read Hebrews 10:23-31. It's a warning to the Christian who has been deceived into believing grace is a license for sin.

But you will sin again, no?

My intention as a Christian is to never sin against God. Christians do not plan to sin, they plan to be holy and they are to make no provision for the flesh. There is a great joy in being a born again Christian - if a Christian repents and then sins again? They repent to God the exact same way they did for the other sin they committed. You should not be committing the same sin over and over again as that is not repentance. If that is the case it is possible that the person is either not truly repentant and is only giving God lip service or it could be they are oppressed by a demon and need deliverance.

What if a Christian backslides? God will forgive that person too. Did you not read the story of the prodigal son I put up for you on the other thread? God's mercy is very great, His compassion beyond your comprehension, His love greater than any love you've ever known, His intention is to redeem you from the curse of sin and death through faith and His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ. God's plan of redemption from the beginning is because of His great love for us. He is the antithesis of Satan who has come to steal, kill and destroy. It is Satan that lacks any compassion, Satan that has utter hatred for your soul, it is Satan who is a hard taskmaster! The yoke of Jesus is light. Not heavy.

The enemy has deceived you into believing it is hard to obey God - when the LORD gives you a new heart of flesh to serve Him? When you become Born Again? It is your delight to obey God! You would only stop obeying God if you were to turn back to this world in your sins and if you were to do that and stay there - yes, you'd be in hell just as if you never knew Him. But again - that would be your choice. Not God's. God sends His servants out to invite people to come to the Lord, to return to the Lord, to surrender their lives fully to the Lord. If they do not come whose fault is that? Read Matthew 22.

How will God view your lies, Jeri?

What have I lied to you about? I haven't lied to you. I do my best to be careful with my words so that I am accurate in what I say. If I say I will do this or that tomorrow I try to always remember to say God willing. Because that is what God tells me to do in His Word. I do not know what tomorrow will bring and therein I need to say God willing. Because it may not happen!

An

Its downright vicious and toxic.

Its evil, especially the way they tell children they will burn forever if they're sprinkled in Magic Water.

It makes ISIL look like the good guys because they torture and burn their victims for only a short while.

Did you hear him say God hates sin? Sounds like a human emotion to me.

God does hate sin. Here are scriptures which tell us what God considers sin and the things that the Lord does hate.

Here is the first scripture:

These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Proverbs 6:16-19

and it is written:

Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
Proverbs 10:12

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
1 John 4:20

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
1 John 3:15

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Romans 1:26-32

and again it is written:

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Ephesians 4:29

Last edited:

What have I lied to you about? I haven't lied to you. I do my best to be careful with my words so that I am accurate in what I say. If I say I will do this or that tomorrow I try to always remember to say God willing. Because that is what God tells me to do in His Word. I do not know what tomorrow will bring and therein I need to say God willing. Because it may not happen!
Jeri, you lie all the time. How many lies do you spread daily about Catholics? How will you explain your hatred to God?

Jeri, you lie all the time. How many lies do you spread daily about Catholics? How will you explain your hatred to God?

I have not lied about the Catholics, I addressed Catholicism not the people who follow it and do not know any better - I feel great sorrow and compassion for the Catholic people, Ogibillm. I have told the truth about Roman Catholicism, it is a pagan religion that teaches idolatry and there is no salvation in Roman Catholicism. I used to be a Roman Catholic before I became a born again Christian. I've done much study on the subject and read a great deal of material which I have also shared here. I am defending the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and exposing the false teachings of Roman Catholicism. Big difference.

The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Proverbs 8:13

This is an important bible verse. We see that the fear of the LORD is to hate evil, pride, arrogancy, the evil way, the froward mouth, do I hate. It is speaking of hating sin. We are to hate sin as God hates sin. With a passion. We are to realize that to compromise with sin is like making friends with God's worst enemy! We should see it as a betrayal of Jesus Christ and get out of it fast.

Sin has the potential to destroy you. The fear of the LORD is a healthy thing, a very good thing, a blessed thing.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1:7

By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.
Proverbs 16:6

And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
Job 28:28

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
Proverbs 3:7

How can we learn wisdom and not be wise in our own eyes? By staying as close to Jesus Christ as possible and obeying the Bible. If we read the Word often, we pray and we will hide the Word in our heart, sin will not have an opportunity.

God has made a way of escape for every temptation, to say that He has not is to accuse God of being unjust. God has given us everything we need to walk in obedience to Him.

Last, there is a scripture which should encourage all Christians who are seeking to obey the LORD. To be holy in what they say, think, do and honor God. As you encounter opposition from Satan and those who are deceived by him.

It is written:

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Matthew 10:22

it reminds me of something Jesse Penn Lewis wrote in her little booklet, The Warfare with Satan. She said:

.....the adversary often incites opposition to the truth. The Apostles knew the satanic forces they were in conflict with, and so Paul wrote to Timothy concerning them that oppose, counselling instruction with meekness, so that they might recover out of the snare of the devil. When the soul is roused to oppose, it's deliverance is most likely at hand, as it was with Saul of Tarsus. Never look at the opposing man, but at the snare of the devil around him, and be gentle, forbearing and apt to teach, so that you may deliver him from the capacity of the evil one.
- Jesse Penn Lewis - from her booklet - The Warfare with Satan

Again the warfare is against principalities,against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Our warfare is not with flesh and blood. We want to cast the devil out and see the captives set free, receiving their liberty in Jesus Christ (through Romans 10:9,10)

Last edited:

I have not lied about the Catholics, I addressed Catholicism not the people who follow it and do not know any better - I feel great sorrow and compassion for the Catholic people, Ogibillm. I have told the truth about Roman Catholicism, it is a pagan religion that teaches idolatry and there is no salvation in Roman Catholicism. I used to be a Roman Catholic before I became a born again Christian. I've done much study on the subject and read a great deal of material which I have also shared here. I am defending the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and exposing the false teachings of Roman Catholicism. Big difference.
you lie with obvious hatred in your heart. you believe other people's lies because of that hatred. how will you explain that to God?

you lie when you claim to be a former roman catholic - you prove that you have no first hand knowledge of the faith when you spread your lies about it

Forum List

Back