Are there any right wingers out there who

I take issue with the selective way in which dealerships that were closed. The unions benefitted from the takeover, not the share holders. I don't see where it helped the economy all that much. Ford did great without help from the tax payers. I will buy Ford next time I need a new vehicle.

I take issue with the fact that selective organizations are bailed out because of the way their members are forced to vote......

Are there any right wingers out there who actually think the auto bail out was a bad idea. Or better yet, are there any right wingers out there who actually are saying it didnt work?

If so, please explain. I dont see how anyone could think this but please, go ahead.

Left wingers, please join me with thanking the president on making another good call. Thank you sir for not allowing this country to go down the path of another great depression. Wheh, thank God someone not like Bush won and will win again in 2012.

Did it work to some degree yes they are doing better and some of the bailout money has been paid back but all the money has not been paid back and I doubt it ever will. Now a question for the left wingers could the same thing have been accomplished without a taxpayer funded bailout if you think no why?

Are there any right wingers out there who actually think the auto bail out was a bad idea. Or better yet, are there any right wingers out there who actually are saying it didnt work?

If so, please explain. I dont see how anyone could think this but please, go ahead.

Left wingers, please join me with thanking the president on making another good call. Thank you sir for not allowing this country to go down the path of another great depression. Wheh, thank God someone not like Bush won and will win again in 2012.

Did it work to some degree yes they are doing better and some of the bailout money has been paid back but all the money has not been paid back and I doubt it ever will. Now a question for the left wingers could the same thing have been accomplished without a taxpayer funded bailout if you think no why?

It will only be paid back from Campaign contributions from the UNIONS and the money laundering going on between the UNIONS and Obama/Democrats.

My truck was "Built Ford Tough"
Love FORD folks...

I've owned two Mustangs, an F-150, a Bronco II, and a couple of lesser brands. My Sport Trac drives smooth as a car but never lets me forget that she's a truck. I'd like to have a 2013 Mustang when they come out but they will be hard to come by and very pricey. At my age, I need to slow down a bit on my spending.

My truck was "Built Ford Tough"
Love FORD folks...

I've owned two Mustangs, an F-150, a Bronco II, and a couple of lesser brands. My Sport Trac drives smooth as a car but never lets me forget that she's a truck. I'd like to have a 2013 Mustang when they come out but they will be hard to come by and very pricey. At my age, I need to slow down a bit on my spending.

Good deal. My Family owns a Mustang and Sport Trac...Great vehicles.

Love FORD folks...

Bought my last truck in 2008 a Ford Ranger three guesses why I went with Ford,

Bought my last truck in 2008 a Ford Ranger three guesses why I went with Ford,

I can dig it and remain a FORD man.
icon14.gif

Yes.
Yes.

Why, you don't strike Me as someone willing to hear an opinion other than your own.

I'll give praise to Obama when he does things right. GM isn't one of them.

Supposedly it was to avert bankruptcy. But in reality it was to delay the bankruptcy to enable the unions to be protected not the shareholders and bond holders.

The companies went bankrupt as anyone with a grain of smarts knew had to happen.

Supposedly it was to avert bankruptcy. But in reality it was to delay the bankruptcy to enable the unions to be protected not the shareholders and bond holders.

The companies went bankrupt as anyone with a grain of smarts knew had to happen.

Sure they did. The covanent between Government, The Unions, and thier money laundering HAD TO BE PRESERVED at the expense of the private sector...

So the President scored a real plus for the Americans involved in the auto industry.
You misspelled "unions".

Union members aren't Americans?

They aren't guys who served their country in various wars over the years?

Really?
Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Oh, wait -- no, it isn't. :cool:

Say, did you know GM is NEVER going to repay their bailout?

General Motors Will Never Repay Taxpayers - Reason.com

GM Posts Record Earnings: Is It Ready to Repay Bailout? - DailyFinance

But, hey, the UAW is doing okay. They were the intended beneficiary of the bailouts all along:

GM plan really a UAW bailout / LJWorld.com

Auto Bailout Czar: We Did It All for the Unions | National Legal and Policy Center

I take issue with the selective way in which dealerships that were closed. The unions benefitted from the takeover, not the share holders. I don't see where it helped the economy all that much. Ford did great without help from the tax payers. I will buy Ford next time I need a new vehicle.

If you buy a Toyota, more Americans will benefit.

The Most ‘American Made’ Cars and Trucks

Of course it was a bad idea.
It undermined the rule of law.
It perpetuated inefficient industries
It expanded government power beyond anything the Constitution authorized.

Why would anyone think it was good?

You misspelled "unions".

Really?

But, hey, the UAW is doing okay. They were the intended beneficiary of the bailouts all along:

Auto Bailout Czar: We Did It All for the Unions | National Legal and Policy Center

The government would have lost a lot more money in unemployment benefits, environmental cleanup, trade deficits, lost tax revenues, if GM and Chrysler had gone under.

So I don't worry that we aern't going to get all that money back. We got a lot of it back. We got a lot of the money we loaned Chysler in the 1980's back.

The real question is, why don't we do what the Japanese and Germans do, which is treat our car companies as an extention of our national pride and strength. Volkswagon and Nissan are in hip deep with their respective governments.

Of course it was a bad idea.
It undermined the rule of law.
It perpetuated inefficient industries
It expanded government power beyond anything the Constitution authorized.

Why would anyone think it was good?

Because it saved the jobs of working people...

Not that you know any of those... I doubt you ever get out of the trailer park.

Really?

The government would have lost a lot more money in unemployment benefits, environmental cleanup, trade deficits, lost tax revenues, if GM and Chrysler had gone under.

So I don't worry that we aern't going to get all that money back. We got a lot of it back. We got a lot of the money we loaned Chysler in the 1980's back.

The real question is, why don't we do what the Japanese and Germans do, which is treat our car companies as an extention of our national pride and strength. Volkswagon and Nissan are in hip deep with their respective governments.
Because our government is not set up to do that.

GM and Chrysler should have gone into Bankruptcy proceedings like any other company does.

GM and Chrysler should have gone into Bankruptcy proceedings like any other company does.
That's what the law is for. They wouldn't have shut down and put people out of work. That's a leftist myth.

But no, this President decided the law doesn't matter -- there are unions to pay off!

Forum List

Back