Are the dead aware that they are dead?

Liberals are not aware of anything, least of all the fact they're stupid.
And yet, Republicans think Trump is honest and a good businessman who tells the truth. You can't say Republicans are simply not aware, they have a determined ignorance that crosses way over into delusional.

Christmas lights are the Christians version of the Jewish festival of lights, known as Hanukkah.
Thank you a lot of people do not know or understand the traditions and what they stand for. I love the lights twinkling all around when it is dark. Naturally here the light bugs are out all summer; that is the one thing I do love about where we live.
99 percent of the customs associated with the modern Christmas celebration have pagan origins that predate Christianity by centuries
Cool. I'm a pagan! Who knew?
Most anyone who has researched Christmas/Christianity...
There is another explanation. Common accounts and traditions exist because it is true.

The account of genesis was recorded in the symbols of the first written language 4500 years ago
Today we call it co-opting, or plagiarism.

Thank you a lot of people do not know or understand the traditions and what they stand for. I love the lights twinkling all around when it is dark. Naturally here the light bugs are out all summer; that is the one thing I do love about where we live.
99 percent of the customs associated with the modern Christmas celebration have pagan origins that predate Christianity by centuries
Cool. I'm a pagan! Who knew?
Most anyone who has researched Christmas/Christianity...
There is another explanation. Common accounts and traditions exist because it is true.

The account of genesis was recorded in the symbols of the first written language 4500 years ago
Today we call it co-opting, or plagiarism.
I wouldn't have expected you to see it any other way.

Sure I tweaked you. So what? Are you incapable of controlling yourself? So your response was to try to prove that the heart doesn't control its own beating. Bad idea. Maybe you need thicker armor.

The funny thing is, I was tweaking YOU (which is why I spent so little time researching that quote from Johns Hopkins)! :eusa_doh: And you went ballistic with a flurry of links. Indeed, for someone who was only "tweaking," you sure spent a lot of time spewing insults!

Sounds to me like YOU'RE the one who needs a bit of self-control. Perhaps you'd like to borrow my armor? Just have it back by the weekend...;)

Sure I tweaked you. So what? Are you incapable of controlling yourself? So your response was to try to prove that the heart doesn't control its own beating. Bad idea. Maybe you need thicker armor.

The funny thing is, I was tweaking YOU (which is why I spent so little time researching that quote from Johns Hopkins)! :eusa_doh: And you went ballistic with a flurry of links. Indeed, for someone who was only "tweaking," you sure spent a lot of time spewing insults!

Sounds to me like YOU'RE the one who needs a bit of self-control. Perhaps you'd like to borrow my armor? Just have it back by the weekend...;)
Ballistic? Really? Sounds like you are rationalizing to me.

I'll grant you, "ballistic" is a bit hyperbolic. But you did seem pretty serious, putting all that effort into multiple replies -- compounded with the insults.

Can we return to the topic at hand now, or has the discussion already run its course?

I'll grant you, "ballistic" is a bit hyperbolic. But you did seem pretty serious, putting all that effort into multiple replies -- compounded with the insults.

Can we return to the topic at hand now, or has the discussion already run its course?
Was there any there way I could have convinced you that you were wrong other than to provide multiple sources?

Was there any there way I could have convinced you that you were wrong other than to provide multiple sources?

If you were just "tweaking" me -- as you claim -- why would it matter? And why pepper it with insults?
It mattered because you were wrong. You still don't seem to be able to admit it. Were they insults? Were you being honest? Were you being competent? Can you tell me what I wrote that was unfair or inaccurate?

I tend to ignore threads like this because I don't like talking about it.

Last edited:
It mattered because you were wrong. You still don't seem to be able to admit it. Were they insults? Were you being honest? Were you being competent? Can you tell me what I wrote that was unfair or inaccurate?

If you were merely "tweaking" me, as you assert, then it wouldn't have mattered if I were right or wrong -- ESPECIALLY since it was a minor point, and not essential to the larger discussion at hand.

It seems clear to me -- and, I would think, to any outside objective observer -- that you were simply obsessed with proving me "wrong" on ANY point, no matter how trivial, simply because I had the audacity to disagree with you on a larger point.

Since you insist on making this personal, let's be perfectly honest here. You weren't "tweaking." You made that claim only after I pointed out that's exactly what I was doing to you:

You seem to forget that I originally conceded this point. As I continue to remind you, it's a minor detail that's essentially irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I only dug up that Johns Hopkins quote (in all of 30 seconds of research) to poke you with a stick. Given your demonstrated inclination toward negativity and hysterics, it seemed like an interesting thing to do.

Long ago, I learned that, if you really want someone to reveal their true nature, place them under stress, and the real person will come to the surface. And with particularly obnoxious people with enormous egos -- like yourself -- it's especially easy. All one need do is challenge them.

I did, and you responded predictably -- with page after page of posts, links and insults. So now, I know the sort of person with whom I'm dealing. Or, to be more accurate, my original suspicions were confirmed. :eusa_dance:

If you were merely "tweaking" me, as you assert, then it wouldn't have mattered if I were right or wrong -- ESPECIALLY since it was a minor point, and not essential to the larger discussion at hand.

It seems clear to me -- and, I would think, to any outside objective observer -- that you were simply obsessed with proving me "wrong" on ANY point, no matter how trivial, simply because I had the audacity to disagree with you on a larger point.

Since you insist on making this personal, let's be perfectly honest here. You weren't "tweaking." You made that claim only after I pointed out that's exactly what I was doing to you:

You have made it perfectly clear that you are incapable of seeing beyond your biases when you ignored the reality that every single communist country is a militant atheistic state and could not see the correlation between the two even though their leaders explained that relationship to you in explicit terms. Furthermore, you proved you are incapable of being objective even after I showed source after source proving that the heart is responsible for regulating its own beating. And lastly, your avatar is a suit of armor which signifies that your intention here is to do battle. Don't cry about finding a fight when you go looking for a fight.

You made that claim after I had proven my case with source after source showing detailed explanations. If I were you, I wouldn't be so proud to pat myself on the back after posting a two word supposed tweak that was destroyed by post after post which exposed your dishonesty and incompetence. Who exactly do you think got tweaked?

If a person is asleep are they aware that they are asleep?

If one lives in the dust (confusion) of the earth (to the mortal flesh) how could they know the difference of being dead, asleep or if they are actually awake?

Adam (a red earth human- aka Edomite) walks in the garden of Eden (own pleasures) until the Lord awakened them and presented to the human a woman made from the human's own ryib (a case at law, strife, or contention). I did not get that for a long time until Christmas some years back I was allowed to recall it from a dream state. I had asked "what's this rib stuff". It did not sound correct to me. The stories surrounding the Bible are charming but not always accurate when interpreted by the human's who live in their own sins and pleasures.

We can believe every word but can we trust another persons interpretation of that word? I do not believe we can unless that person has been endowed to understand via the Holy Spirit that lives in them.

This does not mean I do not love Christmas. After I also have an earthly human side. The paganistic Christmas is absolutely beautiful with all of its lights and frills. It galls me to see the spiritually dead attack others who are not fully awakened as they themselves need to work on themselves prior to going after someone else. Then again for everything there is a purpose, a time and a season. If they are not violent and forceful about it all they can bitch all they want I suppose. It does not mean anyone will take them seriously except for the other spiritually dead people that enjoy hanging with them.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Jesus said that the dead know nothing. Hope that helps.

THE Bible is Clear. The dead are "asleep" in the grave awaiting the Resurrection of the Dead at Christ's Return.

Until then, they are not aware of anything. They are DEAD.

THE Bible is Clear. The dead are "asleep" in the grave awaiting the Resurrection of the Dead at Christ's Return.

Thank you, Adam-human is unaware while asleep in the dust of the earth (dead to the spirit).

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

what is amiss about your post is the return is not the providence for what you have read, the 4th century bible but that of the outcome of those that are living that will bring about the event ...

Last edited:
what is amiss about your post is the return is not the providence for what you have read, the 4th century bible but that of the outcome of those that are living that will bring about the event ...
The Father determines the date -- not the activities of Man except insofar as He controls the outcome of those events.

"Except those days be cut short there would be no flesh saved alive. But for the sake of the Elect, those days shall be cut short."

If you read it in a book, it must be true.

Forum List

Back