Are Republicans lying? Or they just don't know?

I did not know I was speaking to God. Last time I read the Bible He is the final arbitrator on who is, and who is not, a Christian.

Gee, it seems that accepting Jesus, and even preforming miracles in his Name, does not make you a Christian. Try not to talk about things you are completely ignorant about in the future, it will be less painful to your ego.

Another stupid christian who doesn't understand his own faith

Everyone who accepts Jesus is a christian, but that doesn't mean they are going to heaven. Just as you confused creationism with Christs' return, you are now confusing being a christian with going to heaven.

Your quote clearly discusses who will get into heaven, not who is a christian.:cuckoo:

That is hilarious. What makes you think you know about what I believe than I do? Can you read minds? If not, anything you say about what I believe is based on nothing but guesswork.

Christian means follower of Christ, not accepting him, whatever you think that means. You do not get to define the criteria of being a Christian, or a Muslim, or even of a Democrat. Your grasp of theology is not even as solid as your grasp of abiogenesis.

That is hilarious. What makes you think you know about what I believe than I do? Can you read minds? If not, anything you say about what I believe is based on nothing but guesswork.

"Accepting" Christ and "following" Christ are the same thing, moron.

People who reject christ (the opposite of accepting) do not follow christ

Here's a little help
Google

You may be the only christian in the world who is unfamiliar with the phrase "accept christ"

Public Sees a Future Full of Promise and Peril: Section 3: War, Terrorism and Global Trends - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

On a very different subject, the public is divided over whether Jesus Christ will return to earth by 2050. About four-in-ten (41%) expect Jesus Christ to return while slightly more (46%) say this will definitely or probably not happen. Opinions about the return of Jesus Christ are little changed from 1999 when 44% said it would definitely or probably happen.

As expected, predictions about whether Jesus Christ will return to earth in the next 40 years divide along religious lines. Fully 58% of white evangelical Christians say Jesus Christ will definitely or probably return to earth in this period, by far the highest percentage in any religious group. Only about a third of Catholics (32%), and even fewer white mainline Protestants (27%) and the religiously unaffiliated (20%) predict Jesus Christ’s return to earth.

------------------

58% of White Fundagelicals. Wanna bet every single one of them are Republican?

I've seen you print your bullshit before, but you NEVER really add a link PROVING it. Why is that?

Now read this. This really and truly is hilarious:

While the American public becomes more racially and ethnically diverse, the Republican Party continues to lag far behind in drawing support from minority groups. According to Census figures, the share of adults who are white, non-Hispanic has fallen from roughly 73% in 2000 to an estimated 68% in 2009, while minorities make up the other 32% of the nation’s adults. Yet few of these minorities are drawn to the Republican Party. In 2009, 88% of Republicans are white, unchanged from 2000 and far above the national total. By comparison, the share of Democrats who are white has fallen from 64% in 2000 to 56% today. The rest of the Democrats are non-Hispanic African Americans (22%), Hispanic (15%) or of another racial minority (6%).

Independents Take Center Stage in Obama Era: Section 3: Business, Wall Street and Labor - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Democrats and independents also are less likely than Republicans to express agreement with traditional religious beliefs, though solid majorities of both groups do so.

The Democratic Party is much more racially diverse than the Republican Party, and this diversity affects the overall levels of religiosity expressed by Democrats.

Very few Republicans (17%) favor same-sex marriage; 77% of Republicans are opposed. Democrats are more divided on the question, with half (50%) in favor and 41% opposed.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that more Democrats believe Jesus will return before 2050 than Republicans?

BTW, you should pay more attention to your idiot board. Democratic Underground clearly knows that some white fundamentalists Christians are progressive. If you want an example in public life you could look at Nancy Pelosi.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSko2ixEB8U[/ame]

we need to find progressive fundamentalist preachers - Democratic Underground

What does any of this have to do with the fact that more Democrats believe Jesus will return before 2050 than Republicans?

Nothing. That factoid has nothing to do with anything. I don't know why you keep bringing it up

Nothing you say makes sense

Why did you talk about creation versus resurrection then?

You're the one who brought up resurrection. Maybe you should talk to the voice in your head that first brought it up:lol:

I did not mention resurrection until after you did.

Actually, Republicans don't like science. Why? Because it messes with their creation myth.

Democrats are more likely to believe that Jesus will return by 2050 than Republicans, yet some people insist that Republicans are more religious. Isn't it a shame that the real world gets in the way of your fantasies?

The people who say that repubs are more religious are repubs. And ABS spoke about creationism, not resurrection. Most christians believe in Christs' return.

Thanks for playing, and again proving that you are dumber than the average bear.

Now this is truly hilarious. No seriously, hilarious.

First, you quote an "opinion" from a right wing blog. Now this is where it get's hilarious.

The blog quotes "PEW", the same group that says only 6% of scientists are Republican.

So let's look at a few of their other surveys:

Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons are among the highest-scoring groups on a new survey of religious knowledge, outperforming evangelical Protestants, mainline Protestants and Catholics on questions about the core teachings, history and leading figures of major world religions

What factors seem to contribute to religious knowledge? Data from the survey indicate that educational attainment -- how much schooling an individual has completed -- is the single best predictor of religious knowledge.

U.S. Religious Knowledge Survey - Pew Research Center

But let's don't stop there:

More Americans continue to view the Republican Party as friendly toward religion (48%) than rate the Democratic Party that way (29%).

GOP Seen as Friendlier to Religion than Democrats - Pew Research Center

:rofl:

You seem to have a short memory. you challenged me on this once before, and I linked you directly to the survey.

Religion in American Culture -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

Would you actually prefer an article from the New York Times?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/03/opinion/03blow.html?_r=1&src=mv

You like to say I never link to proof, yet I always do.

Unlike your survey, which is asking about perceptions, the one I link to is talking about what a person believes.

Enjoy another serving of crow.

And once again, the wingnut confuses creationism with resurrection.

Funny thing.

The only time I used either word was in response to your posts, yet I do not understand them.

Why did you talk about creation versus resurrection then?

You're the one who brought up resurrection. Maybe you should talk to the voice in your head that first brought it up:lol:

Democrats are more likely to believe that Jesus will return by 2050 than Republicans, yet some people insist that Republicans are more religious. Isn't it a shame that the real world gets in the way of your fantasies?

The people who say that repubs are more religious are repubs. And ABS spoke about creationism, not resurrection. Most christians believe in Christs' return.

Thanks for playing, and again proving that you are dumber than the average bear.

1) It was you who first spoke (in post#24) about Christs' return. How quickly you forget your lies
2) You can't refute anything anyone has said.

Last edited:
Now this is truly hilarious. No seriously, hilarious.

First, you quote an "opinion" from a right wing blog. Now this is where it get's hilarious.

The blog quotes "PEW", the same group that says only 6% of scientists are Republican.

So let's look at a few of their other surveys:

Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons are among the highest-scoring groups on a new survey of religious knowledge, outperforming evangelical Protestants, mainline Protestants and Catholics on questions about the core teachings, history and leading figures of major world religions

What factors seem to contribute to religious knowledge? Data from the survey indicate that educational attainment -- how much schooling an individual has completed -- is the single best predictor of religious knowledge.

U.S. Religious Knowledge Survey - Pew Research Center

But let's don't stop there:

More Americans continue to view the Republican Party as friendly toward religion (48%) than rate the Democratic Party that way (29%).

GOP Seen as Friendlier to Religion than Democrats - Pew Research Center

You seem to have a short memory. you challenged me on this once before, and I linked you directly to the survey.

Unlike your survey, which is asking about perceptions, the one I link to is talking about what a person believes.

What you keep saying is that only 43% of Republicans believe a magical Jesus will float down to earth. And I keep saying you wrong, wrong, wrong. If I had to guess, I would say at least 65% and probably way more.

The Democratic Party also has atheist, Hindu, Muslim and people of other religions. I just don't get where you think their are more Jesus freaks in the Democratic Party than in the Republican Party and the only place you proved your case is in your tiny mind.

Where do I "keep saying" that? What I am pointing out is that Democrats are more religious, on average, than Republicans. Then I actually back my statements up with evidence.

You then counter with guesses that are based on nothing more than your fantasy world that depends on your belief that Democrats are sane because they do not believe in God, and only believe in science. The real world doesn't work that way rdean.

What you keep saying is that only 43% of Republicans believe a magical Jesus will float down to earth. And I keep saying you wrong, wrong, wrong. If I had to guess, I would say at least 65% and probably way more.

The Democratic Party also has atheist, Hindu, Muslim and people of other religions. I just don't get where you think their are more Jesus freaks in the Democratic Party than in the Republican Party and the only place you proved your case is in your tiny mind.

Where do I "keep saying" that? What I am pointing out is that Democrats are more religious, on average, than Republicans. Then I actually back my statements up with evidence.

You then counter with guesses that are based on nothing more than your fantasy world that depends on your belief that Democrats are sane because they do not believe in God, and only believe in science. The real world doesn't work that way rdean.

The only thing you backed up is the idea that more dems believe that christ will return by 2050

You have not backed up your claim that Dems are more religious than repubs

You're just not smart enough to realize that "Christian" <> "people who believe christ will return by 2050"

Another stupid christian who doesn't understand his own faith

Everyone who accepts Jesus is a christian, but that doesn't mean they are going to heaven. Just as you confused creationism with Christs' return, you are now confusing being a christian with going to heaven.

Your quote clearly discusses who will get into heaven, not who is a christian.:cuckoo:

Christian means follower of Christ, not accepting him, whatever you think that means. You do not get to define the criteria of being a Christian, or a Muslim, or even of a Democrat. Your grasp of theology is not even as solid as your grasp of abiogenesis.

Here's a little help
Google

You may be the only christian in the world who is unfamiliar with the phrase "accept christ"

They are? Can you point to anything in the Bible that proves that, or is it entirely based on the conversations you have had with Jesus and his Apostles?

You are far from the only atheist who has tried to tell me that I do not understand theology. Why don't you spend some time telling me that the God I believe in does not exist, without even finding out what I believe about Him? That always amuses me.

Nothing. That factoid has nothing to do with anything. I don't know why you keep bringing it up

Because it has your panties all in a twist, and has you running around in circles trying to prove that I am wrong. That alone is enough reason for me to bring it up every time I see a post with your name on it.

Funny thing though, I keep bringing it up in response to others. Why do you feel a need to answer? Are you having a problem accepting the facts?

Here's a little help
Google

They are? Can you point to anything in the Bible that proves that, or is it entirely based on the conversations you have had with Jesus and his Apostles?

You are far from the only atheist who has tried to tell me that I do not understand theology. Why don't you spend some time telling me that the God I believe in does not exist, without even finding out what I believe about Him? That always amuses me.

This wingnut maybe the only person in the world who has never heard the phrase "accept christ"

Google

PS - I'm not an atheist. I guess someone forgot about what they said about mind reading.:lol:

Why don't you spend some time telling me that the God I believe in does not exist, without even finding out what I believe about Him? That always amuses me

1) It was you who first spoke (in post#24) about Christs' return. How quickly you forget your lies

I see the problem here.

1) There is a difference between the return of Jesus and the Resurrection.
2) I just refuted everything you have said.

Because it has your panties all in a twist, and has you running around in circles trying to prove that I am wrong. That alone is enough reason for me to bring it up every time I see a post with your name on it.

Funny thing though, I keep bringing it up in response to others. Why do you feel a need to answer? Are you having a problem accepting the facts?

No one has tried to prove your factoid wrong. You're hallucinating

I have pointed out that it has nothing to do with who is more religious. You're too cowardly to defend yourself against my challenge

I see the problem here.

1) There is a difference between the return of Jesus and the Resurrection.
2) I just refuted everything you have said.

No mentioned *THE* resurrection. You're hallucinating again :lol:

The only thing you backed up is the idea that more dems believe that christ will return by 2050

You're just not smart enough to realize that "Christian" <> "people who believe christ will return by 2050"

Do you think that Jews believe that Jesus will return in the next 40 years? Hindus? Muslims? Atheists? Aren't you the one that is claiming that anyone who accepts Jesus is automatically a Christian? How can you believe that Jesus is going to return, thus accepting him, and somehow end up not being a Christian?

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Here's a little help
Google

This wingnut maybe the only person in the world who has never heard the phrase "accept christ"

Google

PS - I'm not an atheist. I guess someone forgot about what they said about mind reading.:lol:

Why don't you spend some time telling me that the God I believe in does not exist, without even finding out what I believe about Him? That always amuses me

My mistake. That does not make you a Christian though, even if you think you are, The only person who can decide that is God.

I have pointed out that it has nothing to do with who is more religious. You're too cowardly to defend yourself against my challenge

Did you think you challenged me? I must have missed it in all the mocking of you I have been doing.

Not that I care.

Do you think that Jews believe that Jesus will return in the next 40 years? Hindus? Muslims? Atheists? Aren't you the one that is claiming that anyone who accepts Jesus is automatically a Christian? How can you believe that Jesus is going to return, thus accepting him, and somehow end up not being a Christian?

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Google

My mistake. That does not make you a Christian though, even if you think you are, The only person who can decide that is God.

I'm not an christian either. I guess someone forgot about what they said about mind reading.:lol:

Why don't you spend some time telling me that the God I believe in does not exist, without even finding out what I believe about Him? That always amuses me :lol::lol:

Did you think you challenged me? I must have missed it in all the mocking of you I have been doing.

Not that I care.

You still haven't shown that democrats are more religious than republicans.

And we know that you won't stand up to a challenge. Wingnuts never do

Forum List

Back