Are Republicans lying? Or they just don't know?

R

rdean

R2 is capable of speeds more than four times faster than R1, is more compact, is more dexterous, and includes a deeper and wider range of sensing.

Robonaut2-20-pound-2.jpg

Robonaut: Home

Spinoff is NASA's annual premier publication featuring successfully commercialized NASA technology. For more than 40 years, the NASA Innovative Partnerships Program has facilitated the transfer of NASA technology to the private sector, benefiting global competition and the economy

Since 1976, Spinoff has featured between 40 and 50 of these commercial products annually.

Spinoff :: Nasa Tech Briefs

---------------------------------------

Every week, I get these NASA Tech Briefs. They go on about what is being developed at NASA.

Then I come to the USMB, and I read right wing comments about NASA not developing much. Scientists on the dole who do nothing. Pork. Innovation comes from the private sector.

Are they wrong? Are they lying? I thought government couldn't do anything right.

Then there are all those comments about education. Do those scientists from NASA have education? Why are they always called "Doctor"?

So, NASA is proof that government can do something right or it isn't. Do right wingers make government fail to prove it doesn't work?

I worked at NASA for two weeks about 20 years ago. It was at "White Sands". A lot of immigrants. The doctor in charge of the department I was working at was from Transylvania and that's no joke. One thing I can say, the place is crawling with liberals.

Last edited by a moderator:
R2 is capable of speeds more than four times faster than R1, is more compact, is more dexterous, and includes a deeper and wider range of sensing.

Robonaut2-20-pound-2.jpg

Spinoff is NASA's annual premier publication featuring successfully commercialized NASA technology. For more than 40 years, the NASA Innovative Partnerships Program has facilitated the transfer of NASA technology to the private sector, benefiting global competition and the economy

Since 1976, Spinoff has featured between 40 and 50 of these commercial products annually.

Every week, I get these NASA Tech Briefs. They go on about what is being developed at NASA.

Then I come to the USMB, and I read right wing comments about NASA not developing much. Scientists on the dole who do nothing. Pork. Innovation comes from the private sector.

Are they wrong? Are they lying? I thought government couldn't do anything right.

Then there are all those comments about education. Do those scientists from NASA have education? Why are they always called "Doctor"?

So, NASA is proof that government can do something right or it isn't. Do right wingers make government fail to prove it doesn't work?

I worked at NASA for two weeks about 20 years ago. It was at "White Sands". A lot of immigrants. The doctor in charge of the department I was working at was from Transylvania and that's no joke. One thing I can say, the place is crawling with liberals.

Ignorance and dishonesty are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they emcourage each other

Robonaut2-20-pound-2.jpg

Ignorance and dishonesty are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they emcourage each other

Ah, but if they are ignorant, are they really being dishonest. Is a lie a lie if you don't know it's a lie?

Robonaut2-20-pound-2.jpg

Oh, the staggering irony of this colloquy!
roflolrhard.gif

Robonaut2-20-pound-2.jpg

Ah, but if they are ignorant, are they really being dishonest. Is a lie a lie if you don't know it's a lie?

It is just as dishonest to lie to yourself, as it is to lie to others.

Reason and logic do not apply to the irrational

It is just as dishonest to lie to yourself, as it is to lie to others.

Reason and logic do not apply to the irrational

I think the right wing sees technology as "magical".

Robonaut2-20-pound-2.jpg

roflolrhard.gif

Oh, the staggering idiocy of the prior post.

Robonaut2-20-pound-2.jpg

Yeah.......they do kinda encourage each other, don't they?

Most people on the GOP side are scared of anything not like them. Good example is Islam, so that is why they lie to everyone about the Muslim threat by using hyperbole, and that generates fear which is what keeps everyone from learning about it.

Me? When all this shit started back in 2001, one of the first things I did was to start checking up on Islam and all those people over there, because as an active duty military member, I figured I should at least understand the competition.

Another example is white people back in the 50's being scared of black people, which caused lots of racist bullshit to happen. Why? It's easier to brutalize a group if you make everyone ignorant of the facts about them and use that ignorance to generate fear, which caused many white people to shun blacks in the 60's.

Today, we've also got the "gay threat" which is homosexuals (supposedly) wanting to turn our kids gay and they can't serve in the military because they'll be trying to convert others.

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Yeah, ignorance and dishonesty is what you use to generate fear and control.

Robonaut2-20-pound-2.jpg

Most people on the GOP side are scared of anything not like them. Good example is Islam, so that is why they lie to everyone about the Muslim threat by using hyperbole, and that generates fear which is what keeps everyone from learning about it.

Me? When all this shit started back in 2001, one of the first things I did was to start checking up on Islam and all those people over there, because as an active duty military member, I figured I should at least understand the competition.

Another example is white people back in the 50's being scared of black people, which caused lots of racist bullshit to happen. Why? It's easier to brutalize a group if you make everyone ignorant of the facts about them and use that ignorance to generate fear, which caused many white people to shun blacks in the 60's.

Today, we've also got the "gay threat" which is homosexuals (supposedly) wanting to turn our kids gay and they can't serve in the military because they'll be trying to convert others.

Ignorance and dishonesty. Fear and control

The Axis of Wingnuttery

Robonaut2-20-pound-2.jpg

What some call "threat" and "fear", others call, "Family values" and "morals".

The real issue here is the 40 or 50 yearly commerical spin-offs.

The right wing thinks of NASA as a "pork barrel". How many companies spin off 40 or 50 new applications?

Remember, government isn't supposed to work. The only time NASA started going down was when Buah and the Republicans got involved. They fail so everyone MUST fail. They do that to "prove" government doesn't work.

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (Reuters) -- U.S. space pioneer John Glenn said on Thursday that President George W. Bush's space exploration plan "pulls the rug out from under our scientists" and might waste too much money to ever put astronauts on Mars.

CNN.com - Former astronaut Glenn criticizes Bush space plan - Mar. 4, 2004

The Ecological Society of America has criticized the Bush administration's August 15 proposal to reinterpret the Endangered Species Act, which would impose regulatory changes eliminating the requirement for federal projects to undergo independent scientific review.

The proposal would allow federal agencies to decide for themselves whether their projects would harm endangered plants and animals.

ESA Criticizes Bush Administration's Overhaul Of The Endangered Species Act

top NASA climate expert who twice briefed Vice President Dick Cheney on global warming plans to criticize the administration's approach to the issue in a lecture at the University of Iowa tonight and say that a senior administration official told him last year not to discuss dangerous consequences of rising temperatures.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/26/science/26climate.html

Robonaut2-20-pound-2.jpg

roflolrhard.gif

:clap2:

The real issue here is the 40 or 50 yearly commerical spin-offs.

The right wing thinks of NASA as a "pork barrel". How many companies spin off 40 or 50 new applications?

Remember, government isn't supposed to work. The only time NASA started going down was when Buah and the Republicans got involved. They fail so everyone MUST fail. They do that to "prove" government doesn't work.

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (Reuters) -- U.S. space pioneer John Glenn said on Thursday that President George W. Bush's space exploration plan "pulls the rug out from under our scientists" and might waste too much money to ever put astronauts on Mars.

CNN.com - Former astronaut Glenn criticizes Bush space plan - Mar. 4, 2004

The Ecological Society of America has criticized the Bush administration's August 15 proposal to reinterpret the Endangered Species Act, which would impose regulatory changes eliminating the requirement for federal projects to undergo independent scientific review.

The proposal would allow federal agencies to decide for themselves whether their projects would harm endangered plants and animals.

ESA Criticizes Bush Administration's Overhaul Of The Endangered Species Act

top NASA climate expert who twice briefed Vice President Dick Cheney on global warming plans to criticize the administration's approach to the issue in a lecture at the University of Iowa tonight and say that a senior administration official told him last year not to discuss dangerous consequences of rising temperatures.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/26/science/26climate.html

Isn't Obama the one who said been there, done that in a speech to NASA? Didn't he sign off on killing the shuttle program without an alternative for putting men people into space?

Wait, he outsourced that to Russia. I forgot.

rdean, you're the funniest poster at USMB!

Here's the rdean flowchart.

1. Post an article about any topic
2. Mention how Republicans hate science
3. No, that's it. Seriously

They don't hate it. They just don't believe it's "real".

They don't hate it. They just don't believe it's "real".

Science is just a theory

The last time I believed in one of those, I fell out of bed. Now, I float.

No more pesky theories holding me back

Forum List

Back