Are people good or bad?

No, you prove it by sliding over to only human standards as opposed to absolute ones that you dont know wtf you are talking about.

Post #11 was accurate, itd take proving an eternal omniscient god to refute it.

Your head is bigger than your britches on even trying.
Whether you admit it or not standards do exist and that is why failed behaviors naturally lead to failure.
i didnt say standards dont exist. I said that ours are not absolute. Take a break from failing dang
Then show me a standard of behavior that has changed?
i dont have to, id be pointing to human subjectivity which doesnt speak to absolutes.

absolutes are not based on the subject, in this case the subject you obsessively point back to is a human.
Thanks for proving my point. Standards are absolute.
Nice fail

Whether you admit it or not standards do exist and that is why failed behaviors naturally lead to failure.
i didnt say standards dont exist. I said that ours are not absolute. Take a break from failing dang
i dont have to, id be pointing to human subjectivity which doesnt speak to absolutes.

absolutes are not based on the subject, in this case the subject you obsessively point back to is a human.
Nice fail
Our perception of right and wrong does not change the standard. As such when we violate the standard we experience the consequences. So it is outcomes which provide feedback as to what the standard is.

Nice fail
Our perception of right and wrong does not change the standard. As such when we violate the standard we experience the consequences. So it is outcomes which provide feedback as to what the standard is.
Feedback is another thing we judge.

Gjob.

Success and failure as filtered through feedback requires a goal.

It takes a conscious mind to have a goal.

Our outcomes are irrelevant to absolute standards. They are measured in human standards, making them subjective.

Not absolute.

When a star dies, prove the Universe feels sadness.

This is above your head, or below since earth is a sphere.

Be quiet, please.

Nice fail

Gjob.

Our outcomes are irrelevant to absolute standards. They are measured in human standards, making them subjective.

Not absolute.

Be quiet, please.
I see you are arguing against standards again. Can you please make up your mind?

Nice fail

Gjob.

Not absolute.

Be quiet, please.
I see you are arguing against standards again. Can you please make up your mind?
No ding ...just absolute ones. And you can go back and reread and then apologize for your fail.

Nice fail

Gjob.

Not absolute.

Be quiet, please.
No ding ...just absolute ones. And you can go back and reread and then apologize for your fail.
There are no other kind. And since you can't show me a changing standard I win again. :woohoo:

Nice fail

Gjob.

Not absolute.

Be quiet, please.
There are no other kind. And since you can't show me a changing standard I win again. :woohoo:
That was really stupid. In order for a standard to be absolute, it has to exist outside of The Human Experience or the conscious experience even. And you're having a hard time proving that by pointing back to humans which is called a circular argument.

Gjob.

Not absolute.

Be quiet, please.
That was really stupid. In order for a standard to be absolute, it has to exist outside of The Human Experience or the conscious experience even. And you're having a hard time proving that by pointing back to humans which is called a circular argument.
Not true at all. The standard is what controls the process. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure and successfully behaviors naturally lead to success. If the outcomes did not naturally occur there would be no standard. So we can absolutely discover the absolute standard of conduct.

Gjob.

Not absolute.

Be quiet, please.
Not true at all. The standard is what controls the process. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure and successfully behaviors naturally lead to success. If the outcomes did not naturally occur there would be no standard. So we can absolutely discover the absolute standard of conduct.
Failure and success require a goal to be measured against. That requires Consciousness. If the universe is not conscious, then failure and success is not absolute

Then you have like five or six people try to explain to you what absolutes are ....and you just could not grasp the concept and here you are again proving the same. This is why I said kids table.

Failure and success require a goal to be measured against. That requires Consciousness. If the universe is not conscious, then failure and success is not absolute
No they dont. The standard exists on its own. Our behavior exists on its own. We have free will to suffer the consequences of our decisions which provide us feedback.

The Wickedness of Man
…4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. 5Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.…

No they dont. The standard exists on its own. Our behavior exists on its own. We have free will to suffer the consequences of our decisions which provide us feedback.
Cool assertions.

Assertions dont prove anything.

You dont know how logic works, which is why when trying to prove something, instead of proving it in a logical fashion all you do is trot out leading questions, that dont lead ypu where ya hoped.

Cool assertions.

You dont know how logic works, which is why when trying to prove something, instead of proving it in a logical fashion all you do is trot out leading questions, that dont lead ypu where ya hoped.
I have proved that standards exist in a logical fashion and that's why we naturally suffer the consequences of violating them. I have proved that the standard of behavior is unchanging. You are the one who can't disprove either of these. Even though I have asked you for examples.

Cool assertions.

I have proved that standards exist in a logical fashion and that's why we naturally suffer the consequences of violating them. I have proved that the standard of behavior is unchanging. You are the one who can't disprove either of these. Even though I have asked you for examples.
No, you've proven HUMAN standards. Or stated them, anyhoo, and I didnt bother to allow you to lead the conversation into that aside. Because in proving absolutes, its an aside. You dont understand that and at this point it'd take an act of congress to re-educate you.

You dont know what absolutes are.

Its alright. I knew that already, youre just reinforcing what is known.

Cool assertions.

No, you've proven HUMAN standards. Or stated them, anyhoo, and I didnt bother to allow you to lead the conversation into that aside. Because in proving absolutes, its an aside. You dont understand that and at this point it'd take an act of congress to re-educate you.

And yet the consequences of violating the standard occur naturally on their own.

Cool assertions.

And yet the consequences of violating the standard occur naturally on their own.
Which is irrelevant. Also, a malformed sentence - to be honest. Violating a standard means the consequence didnt happen on its own, but by proxy of the violation.

Cool assertions.

Which is irrelevant. Also, a malformed sentence - to be honest. Violating a standard means the consequence didnt happen on its own, but by proxy of the violation.
No. It is not irrelevant. It proves that the standard exists naturally outside of man. It serves the purpose of providing feedback so lessons can be learned and behaviors corrected.

Cool assertions.

No. It is not irrelevant. It proves that the standard exists naturally outside of man. It serves the purpose of providing feedback so lessons can be learned and behaviors corrected.
No, it doesnt prove an absolute standard exists because feedback exists. Cause and effect, action and consequence, etc. existing dont prove that their values (good/evil/success/failure) exist.

This is like the hot cold thing.

You're chasing your tail.

A few logic courses might help you.

Actually, start with the definition of standard. Its definition in and of itself implies a quality judgment. Judgment requires consciousness.

Again, for your lying eyes.

Subjective Standards exist.

To nature, judgment of a standard is arbitrary. Good and evil, therefore, are human constructs.

Forum List

Back