Are Christians hypocrites?

What exactly does this nonsensical reply have to do with the scriptural answer provided to you? Your views are not in line with scripture. I was a sunday school teacher in a fundy church for over 20 years.

Repent, dammit.
What does your scrambling of words have to do with me in any sense. I do not know you. So you taught Sunday school for twenty years big deal you should have took some lessons of your own first because obviously you can only parrot a bit of scripture.

My grandfather used to say if a vicious dog ever attacks you just shove your fist down it's throat. Thereby disabling the ability of the dog to bite or breath.

Your exact words. Please compare them to those of Christ.

You are right, anyone can quote scripture, but it is the job of believers to try and LIVE IT.

Your words make it quite clear that you are only willing to live it insofar as it doesn't inconvenience you.

Here is the point at which the believers now pipe up and say, "but that isn't what he meant..."

Apparently, I missed the part where Jesus said, "if a non-believer (rabid dog) challenges you, ram your fist down his throat and knock out his teeth."

What, you missed the part where I said, "It's not very Christian of me, but when I get pushed, I push back?"

I have no problems with someone not believing in God, or believing in any God. My problem is with a sign that says that everyone that believes in God is hard hearted and stupid, and putting that sign on our state's capital grounds.

You can bet if a sign were put up on the state capital that said "Gays are perverts" there would be hell to pay. <pun intended>

I would be against that type of sign on the capital grounds too as I consider that also to be a hate crime.

A nativity set is not a hate crime, saying anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus is going to hell is a hate crime. Do you understand the difference at all?

Your exact words. Please compare them to those of Christ.

You are right, anyone can quote scripture, but it is the job of believers to try and LIVE IT.

Your words make it quite clear that you are only willing to live it insofar as it doesn't inconvenience you.

You could assume that if you like. Which you will probably do regardless. You seem to think that you have some right to tell another how to live by the scriptures that Jesus wrote. I will say I can only assume that due to the words you have written that I have read thus far on this website.

Jesus taught many things in as much as Jesus taught by His Word to bless ones enemies He also taught about the spirits that dwell in the world. Jesus also recognized Satan. That is evidenced when Satan had spoke through Peter. Yet even in that Jesus still taught Peter as a disciple. By your own words it appears that you think that you must be better than Peter.

In as much as I may bless an enemy I have been blessed by that Quickening Spirit that Jesus gives to recognize the spirits and principalities within the battles that Believers do face each day in this world. Like it or not that is the way it is. Jesus has given this to each and everyone who would be willing take up their cross and follow Him.

With that said know that it is nothing personal against you yet the spirit that it appears that rules your heart by the words that you type into your post.

Jesus did not bless Satan nor did he bless demons. In that Believers are not required to bless these evil spirits either.

Last edited:
A nativity set is not a hate crime, saying anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus is going to hell is a hate crime. Do you understand the difference at all?

No offense, but under current U.S. law, neither of these are hate crimes. They both fall into the category of free speech (1st amendment rights). And, I hope we never come to a pass where "thought crimes" are prosecuted.

Last edited:
You could assume that if you like. Which you will probably do regardless. You seem to think that you have some right to tell another how to live by the scriptures that Jesus wrote. I will say I can only assume that due to the words you have written that I have read thus far on this website.

fail-owned-homework-stripper-shovel-fail.jpg

I presume that those who claim to be followers of Jesus will at least make a minimal effort to live according to his teachings, especially those which are clear and explicit.

I would be against that type of sign on the capital grounds too as I consider that also to be a hate crime.

Where did you get your law degree? A hate crime is a crime against an individual that is motivated by hostility towards the victim's race, color, creed, gender or sexual orientation.

What crime is being committed by those signs and what individual is the victim?

Where did you get your law degree? A hate crime is a crime against an individual that is motivated by hostility towards the victim's race, color, creed, gender or sexual orientation.

What crime is being committed by those signs and what individual is the victim?
Those signs make baby Jesus cry.

The purpose of a church is to save sinners.

If a church does not have a whole bunch of sinners attending the services, that church is not doing what it should be doing, and that is inviting non believers and strong sinners to come and fellowship and learn about God. .

That statement alone is judgemental thus making you a hypocrite by claiming you are a Christian and answering your own question. For the sake of arguement that church may have invited 1000 people and none of them wanted to come. The Job was done whether they come or not.

So, if you go to a church that only has religious people who are totally obedient to God, then you have found a hypocrite laden church..

There is not a church on earth that has people totally obedient to God. We have all fallen short remember.

Otherwise, if you are surrounded with sinners, that church must have one hell of a ministry. My hat is off to a church like that. It is doing God's work.

Or the Church is a dead church where sinners do not feel conviction and decide thats where they want to go because there is no conviction and they can still tell everyone that they are going to church. Where is your hat now?

One event that proves most are from some of the major ones:

Catholics: Protected their preachers even though they were sexually abusing children.

Mormons: Only recently allowed blacks to hold the 'priesthood' (something they believe ALL men are suppose at a certain age) but still do not allow them to hold positions of authority.

Evangelicals: Killing is a sin ... as long as they follow the same beliefs.

Yes I do. Do I need to share those with you on this discussion thread, no. There are enough examples already online.

and I have more than enough examples of pushy meddlesome judgmental Christans annoying me to fill a book.

Last edited:
and I have more than enough examples of pushy meddlesome judgmental Christans annoying me to fill a book.
So exactly what is your point other than you do not care for Believers and you want to make sure that we are fully aware of that issue?

So exactly what is your point other than you do not care for Believers and you want to make sure that we are fully aware of that issue?

I’m simply replying to your comment. See post # 22. What is your point in that comment other than to let us know that you does not care for non-believers and want to make sure that we are fully aware of that issue?

I’m simply replying to your comment. See post # 22. What is your point in that comment other than to let us know that you does not care for non-believers and want to make sure that we are fully aware of that issue?
The same point as anyone makes in making a post in such as a forum type setting. An opinion. You obviously make your opinion known as well. It apparently struck a note with you and you took it as a personal offence. Life here on earth is like that. Some people will take offence at what others have to say. Some will hear, others will turn the other cheek and some words will inflame and enrage some people to the point of extreme anger. cool thing about Internet forums is you can simply ignore whatever it is that may offend you.

The same point as anyone makes in making a post in such as a forum type setting. An opinion. You obviously make your opinion known as well. It apparently struck a note with you and you took it as a personal offence. Life here on earth is like that. Some people will take offence at what others have to say. Some will hear, others will turn the other cheek and some words will inflame and enrage some people to the point of extreme anger. cool thing about Internet forums is you can simply ignore whatever it is that may offend you.

Yep. The same applies to you as my comment apparently struck a note with you and you took it as a personal offence.

Yep. The same applies to you as my comment apparently struck a note with you and you took it as a personal offence.
Only your own mind. The first replies were merely made as a repllies to your questions as you are the one who initiated a conversation by asking a direct question with a question mark and a second by using again a question mark to end your statement/questions.

Only your own mind. The first replies were merely made as a repllies to your questions as you are the one who initiated a conversation by asking a direct question with a question mark and a second by using again a question mark to end your statement/questions.

I originally chimed in responding to AllieBaba. See post # 14. His comment (post # 3) being addressed to no one in particular but just being thrown out there. You then replied to my post, which was in reply to AllieBaba’s post. You are not AllieBaba. Therefore, it stands to reason that my comment apparently struck a note with you. We are both guilty. AllieBaba’s post seems to have struck a chord with me and my reply to AllieBaba seems to have struck a chord with you.

Care to elaborate Sailor?

Sure!

Yeshua was a good Jewish boy, who did a lot of things in the Hebrew way, which included telling parables.

Now, parables were stories that were told to get people to relate to what He was saying. But......just like a lot of people get lost in what someone is saying or singing about, because they tend to color their responses by their own experiences and preconceived notions, they get it wrong. Need an example? Look at what people said about Bob Dylan's music and what he was trying to say.

Same thing goes with Yeshua. One of them was when He said the Kingdom of God was within, as well as that the body is a Temple, He was trying to tell us about what our souls actually were. Buddha taught that as well when he came up with his concept of enlightenment. They were BOTH trying to tell us that our souls were a small piece of God, wrapped up in a meat suit.

Most people interpret that however in a way that says God is unapproachable, and cannot be understood. But let me ask you all a question.......your hand is a very vital part of you. It's unapproachable in the sense that you cannot understand what it is to be a hand, but yet it is very near to you, and helps you do whatever you need. Now, I don't understand all the ways that the muscles, tendons, bones and skin work together to get the job done, but I do understand that it does things that help. Kind of like God. And, interestingly enough, the more you understand about your hands, the more you can do things like juggle, type and write. Do you ever understand them completely? No. But, the more you understand them, the more you understand how to utilize them.

Same thing with the walking on water thing......Most people look at it as a miracle, yet never bother to look farther.

Yeshua taught a very important lesson there.......

Forum List

Back