Are Brits really this Stupid ?

Britain's biggest wanker!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJyLbP1UnPI&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
Nothing like a good pint of bitter

Pale_Ale.jpg

You're right! Time for a pint of 'Old Speckled Hen'!

Oh..my...God, how I miss Old Speckled Hen. And Bombardier.

They serve London Pride in the bars where I live, but it's chilled! :cuckoo:

Last London Pride I had was in Toronto at the Jersey Giant, nice pub if you're in TO, on Front Street East. It was in winter but acceptable temp :D

Yes, well since when have Antipodeans and Brits waited for the sun to go over the yardarm! :tongue:

There was this time at Coober Pedy airstrip, 0830, seeing off a colleague transferring out after a few years....wasted day :redface:

you mean spent the day wasted! :lol: I've had a few of those experiences. Come to think of it...I seem to recall that most of them were with Australian friends!

It was a funny day, it had antecedents, but we kicked on and crashed in the late arvo, course that was many years ago...:lol:

Alex Jones’ Prison Planet.com » Man Arrested, Faces 5 Years In Jail For Reporting Firearm To Police

a guy found a gun in this backyard so he decided to turn the gun over to the police

for that he was arrested, found guilty of gun possession and now facing a minimum of 5 years in prison

These people are scared to death of guns. I wonder why?

Here's another link:

Ex-soldier faces jail for handing in gun

Yeah, they've been posted already and here's the odd thing. Apart from the Prison Planet article (written by someone completely paranoid) and the Surrey link you posted, I can find no other reputable source for this story (not that Prison Planet is reputable).

All of which is very odd, since a story like this would certainly have many of the British national daily papers (not just the Mail or the red tops) screaming from the rooftops. Colin has already said this thread is the first he'd heard of this story. I've also emailed a couple of friends in England and they had not heard of it at all.

It's very strange indeed.

Alex Jones’ Prison Planet.com » Man Arrested, Faces 5 Years In Jail For Reporting Firearm To Police

a guy found a gun in this backyard so he decided to turn the gun over to the police

for that he was arrested, found guilty of gun possession and now facing a minimum of 5 years in prison

Here's another link:

Really? You must be quite an expert. Knowing more about the people of my country than I do myself.

Actually, the guy deserves five years for being a complete fucking idiot. A discarded shotgun in a black plastic bag and this dickhead puts his DNA and fingerprints all over it! Any intelligent person would simply report it and let the police recover the weapon. Could have been a murder weapon, used in a robbery...anything and pricks like him think they're doing the right thing. As I said, he's a fucking idiot.

No, but there is a Prime Minister who is a strong candidate!
:lol:

He will be symbolically executed at the next General Election. It will take that to get Labour to wake up. A once great party riddled with idiots.

The Tories were all over the place in the mid Nineties after 17 years in power, now after 12 years Labour is well past (WELL past) its sell by date. Is there a lesson here about a Government staying in power so long that they any touch they once had? Do they run out of ideas? Do they just become complacent and obsessed with covering their own tracks?

Either way, the Tories are a shoe in come May. Cameron has some potentially interesting new takes on a few old problems. I guess we'll see where they lead.

I think Britain needs a dose of Tory medicine after 12 years of Labour. Cameron might be a good PM and he may have a good government but that remains to be seen. But from what I see at this distance Labour has to go and another party has to be given a chance to flush things out. If the Tories revert to type then then can be booted out at the next election as well.

Here's another link:

Yeah, they've been posted already and here's the odd thing. Apart from the Prison Planet article (written by someone completely paranoid) and the Surrey link you posted, I can find no other reputable source for this story (not that Prison Planet is reputable).

All of which is very odd, since a story like this would certainly have many of the British national daily papers (not just the Mail or the red tops) screaming from the rooftops. Colin has already said this thread is the first he'd heard of this story. I've also emailed a couple of friends in England and they had not heard of it at all.

This link starts off with "The national newspapers may not be terribly interested in the Paul Clarke case but, happily, legal blogger Jack of Kent is." (Silobreaker: Paul Clarke Update II)

In America, most national newspapers and media outlets give Leftists and their policies a free pass and rarely publish anything critical of them. Is the same true in Britain?

:lol:

He will be symbolically executed at the next General Election. It will take that to get Labour to wake up. A once great party riddled with idiots.

The Tories were all over the place in the mid Nineties after 17 years in power, now after 12 years Labour is well past (WELL past) its sell by date. Is there a lesson here about a Government staying in power so long that they any touch they once had? Do they run out of ideas? Do they just become complacent and obsessed with covering their own tracks?

Either way, the Tories are a shoe in come May. Cameron has some potentially interesting new takes on a few old problems. I guess we'll see where they lead.

I think Britain needs a dose of Tory medicine after 12 years of Labour. Cameron might be a good PM and he may have a good government but that remains to be seen. But from what I see at this distance Labour has to go and another party has to be given a chance to flush things out. If the Tories revert to type then then can be booted out at the next election as well.

Actually, It's a shame Screaming Lord Such is dead. I think the time may be right for the Monster Raving Loony Party to take control! :tongue:

Here's another link:

Really? You must be quite an expert. Knowing more about the people of my country than I do myself.

Actually, the guy deserves five years for being a complete fucking idiot. A discarded shotgun in a black plastic bag and this dickhead puts his DNA and fingerprints all over it! Any intelligent person would simply report it and let the police recover the weapon. Could have been a murder weapon, used in a robbery...anything and pricks like him think they're doing the right thing. As I said, he's a fucking idiot.

So being an idiot in Britain gets you a minimum of 5 years. I wish we had a law like that in the States.

Actually, It's a shame Screaming Lord Such is dead. I think the time may be right for the Monster Raving Loony Party to take control! :tongue:

Alas, the loss of eccentrics is yet another indicator of the oppression of anodyne society. Dear old Such, I remember him well, a fellow of infinite jest. Well him and his mates :D

Here's another link:

So being an idiot in Britain gets you a minimum of 5 years. I wish we had a law like that in the States.

One thing you guys fail to take note of, preferring instead to blindly follow the senationalist words of a blogger with an axe to grind and a rag of a local paper, is that no sentence has been passed. It is unlikely that he will be jailed, but I'm sure you guys know better than me. After all I have only lived here all my life. What do I know. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Here's another link:

This link starts off with "The national newspapers may not be terribly interested in the Paul Clarke case but, happily, legal blogger Jack of Kent is." (Silobreaker: Paul Clarke Update II)

In America, most national newspapers and media outlets give Leftists and their policies a free pass and rarely publish anything critical of them. Is the same true in Britain?

No, it's not. There are both rabid left leaning and right leaning newspapers in Britain, and either group will pick up on stories like this to imply a more general point about a perceived issue (decline of values / invasion of the PC brigade / government cover up / MP sleaze / ministerial corruption / insert your own phrase here) in Britain. The point is not so much whether the stories they run are correct as it is the fact that they will give the story national coverage.

In this case for example, 3 particular newspapers come to mind.

The Daily Mail. A popular "quality tabloid". The Mail usually leaps on things like this and runs it under one of their famous one word front page banner headlines. In this case, it would probably be a word like "Madness", bold type, above the fold, in letters 2 inches high. This kind of story is the Mail's bread and butter.

The Daily Telegraph. The most right leaning of the quality broadsheet papers. Again, the Torygraph, as it is known, would not miss an opportunity this close to the election to aim a well placed kick at the shins of the Labour Government.

The Sun. Britain's most popular newspaper. The one that has a picture of a topless girl on page 3 every weekday, which gives you an idea of its position vis a vis quality. That said, The Sun does pride itself on being representative of the views of Britain and, having recently thrown it's weight behind the Conservative party is more than likely to report something like this.

The fact that these papers, particularly the Sun and the Mail are not picking up the story, is setting off warning bells to me that something is not as it seems.

I miss SLS. He always added a much needed splodge of color to a sometimes grey electoral process.

Alas, the loss of eccentrics is yet another indicator of the oppression of anodyne society. Dear old Such, I remember him well, a fellow of infinite jest. Well him and his mates :D

:rofl:

I'd be prepared to lay money that's the first time a classical literary allusion has been used about Lord Such!

One thing you guys fail to take note of, preferring instead to blindly follow the senationalist words of a blogger with an axe to grind and a rag of a local paper, is that no sentence has been passed. It is unlikely that he will be jailed, but I'm sure you guys know better than me. After all I have only lived here all my life. What do I know. :eusa_whistle:

I understand your need to defend your country. I'm merely commenting on the ridiculousness of the charge and the leftists who imposed the laws. Contrary to what you think, I am not referring to everyone in the country. As I've stated many USMB posts, I've often wondered why Leftists are so afraid of guns that they have to pass such ridiculous laws.

No, it's not. There are both rabid left leaning and right leaning newspapers in Britain, and either group will pick up on stories like this to imply a more general point about a perceived issue (decline of values / invasion of the PC brigade / government cover up / MP sleaze / ministerial corruption / insert your own phrase here) in Britain. The point is not so much whether the stories they run are correct as it is the fact that they will give the story national coverage.

In this case for example, 3 particular newspapers come to mind.

The Daily Mail. A popular "quality tabloid". The Mail usually leaps on things like this and runs it under one of their famous one word front page banner headlines. In this case, it would probably be a word like "Madness", bold type, above the fold, in letters 2 inches high. This kind of story is the Mail's bread and butter.

The Daily Telegraph. The most right leaning of the quality broadsheet papers. Again, the Torygraph, as it is known, would not miss an opportunity this close to the election to aim a well placed kick at the shins of the Labour Government.

The Sun. Britain's most popular newspaper. The one that has a picture of a topless girl on page 3 every weekday, which gives you an idea of its position vis a vis quality. That said, The Sun does pride itself on being representative of the views of Britain and, having recently thrown it's weight behind the Conservative party is more than likely to report something like this.

The fact that these papers, particularly the Sun and the Mail are not picking up the story, is setting off warning bells to me that something is not as it seems.

Thanks for the information. Please let us know if you find out anything more.

LOL, I wonder if you're so bright in day-to-day life.

Forum List

Back