Are Americans actually so fat?

I'm about the same as MadScientist's dimensions and the same thing happened to me. I took off 65 pounds out of necessity, and I did it by cutting out wheat.

I hadn't changed -- wheat had. Hard to keep up with that when they don't tell you they're doing it.
I eat lots of wheat and have never been overweight by more than 5 lbs. Cutting out carbs is a big one to lose the pounds.

I'm about the same as MadScientist's dimensions and the same thing happened to me. I took off 65 pounds out of necessity, and I did it by cutting out wheat.

I hadn't changed -- wheat had. Hard to keep up with that when they don't tell you they're doing it.
I eat lots of wheat and have never been overweight by more than 5 lbs. Cutting out carbs is a big one to lose the pounds.

And soda. A lot of people don't realize just how fattening soda is.

You don't really have to cut anything out completely. Most things are fine in moderation, if you have the willpower. :wink_2:

Personally I don't like this stereotype.
Have you ever compare us with other nations? IS it really true?
One idea of mine: Poorer people have to buy cheaper food. Cheap food tends to be more fattening and unhealthy than more expensive alternatives.
In a society in which time and money are king, it's no surprise that fast food is also king.
May we blame fast food as usual?

SO, how fat are you?
fat-america-girl.jpg

Examining old b&w photos from turn of the (previous) century's "fat man/lady" from circuses and sideshows says it all.

chauncy.jpeg

"...Barnum’s fat man was 275 and theirs just breaks 280." -Real weights of some period "fat men." 280's about the average NASCAR fan now. ;)

5087135547_90e187c1df.jpg

Meanwhile, this is now the 'world's fattest woman'

big5906C8A7-0320-27BE-92BEE7F372A634EC.jpg

Weighs about as much as 4 circus sideshow 'fat ladies.'

One idea of mine: Poorer people have to buy cheaper food. Cheap food tends to be more fattening and unhealthy than more expensive alternatives.
In a society in which time and money are king, it's no surprise that fast food is also king.

SO, how fat are you?
fat-america-girl.jpg
Not fat enough to be that desperate...

go to any 3rd world nation and COUNT how many people are fat. The Microwave and the refrigerator are the main culprits, but sweeteners, especially corn syrup and the fake sweeteners, wheat gluten and fat, salt, MSG in EVERYTHING are big issues, too.

SO, how fat are you?
fat-america-girl.jpg

Examining old b&w photos from turn of the (previous) century's "fat man/lady" from circuses and sideshows says it all.

chauncy.jpeg

"...Barnum’s fat man was 275 and theirs just breaks 280." -Real weights of some period "fat men." 280's about the average NASCAR fan now. ;)

Is the world's fattest woman an American woman? Those people look Latino to me.

The thing we never hear about are the enablers. Someone is feeding her, she can't get off her bed.

While it's true it's easier to get fat than it is to get thin, it's also true there now as obesity problem in concentration camps. If you don't eat so much, you lose weight. Once you've lost the weight though, the trick is not putting it right backm on and then some by changing your eating habits and/or psychological propensity for eating as pleasure.

SO, how fat are you?
fat-america-girl.jpg

chauncy.jpeg

Marco Rubio isn't an American?

The thing we never hear about are the enablers. Someone is feeding her, she can't get off her bed.

But it's still ultimately her decision what she puts into her body. I don't really hold anyone else responsible. She must have realized at some point that she was getting to a very unhealthy condition but still kept going with it. I guess some people just don't care at all about their appearance or health.

SO, how fat are you?
fat-america-girl.jpg

chauncy.jpeg

Marco Rubio isn't an American?

Answer the question. Is that woman an American citizen?

But it's still ultimately her decision what she puts into her body. I don't really hold anyone else responsible. She must have realized at some point that she was getting to a very unhealthy condition but still kept going with it. I guess some people just don't care at all about their appearance or health.
Yes, it's her fault. But you don't get that big on your own. No way I would participate in that.

Good point with the sodas too. It's garbage but it's amazing how many people guzzle the stuff. I am always amazed at the grocery isle filled with sodas. The whole isle! I never buy anything from that isle but obviously somebody does.

Yes, it's her fault. But you don't get that big on your own. No way I would participate in that.

Good point with the sodas too. It's garbage but it's amazing how many people guzzle the stuff. I am always amazed at the grocery isle filled with sodas. The whole isle! I never buy anything from that isle but obviously somebody does.

Well, I had a friend with a big fat momma when I was a kid, and I believe she got to be that way all by herself with no help from anyone else. Those people are going to fight and argue for the food they want, also they will sneak food. I think when a person is THAT large, it is more than just a weight problem but some kind of psychological issue. There is just no other explanation as to why people would allow themselves to go like that. I mean, that woman in the picture above is barely recognizable as a human being. She looks more like Jabba the Hutt.

There's a gal down the street that's probably pushing 550lbs. She's had her handicap ramp beefed up recently but I think any bigger she's gonna need help eating. The thing is, we all pay for this. No way can they work, they get disability, food stamps, Medicaid, etc.

In America, you can eat until you're disabled and then get everyone else to pay your way.

It's not just fast food but processed food as well. The more food is processed, the more nutrients are lost.

People with low incomes eat a lot of high fat foods because they are cheap and take longer to digest, making them feel full, but providing few nutrients. It is possible to be both obese and malnourished.

The best food in terms of nutritional value, is raw and fresh. The best meals are made from fresh ingredients, at home but working poor families don't have the time or resources to prepare them.

Big food spends a lot of money advertising convenience foods. They're cheaper and faster and full of fat, salt and preservatives. This is why Americans are so fat.
An outright lie....If it matters to you, you have the time.....

I get tired of the BS excuses for people who do not care for themselves.

It is NO ONES FAULT but your own. Ever.

SO, how fat are you?
fat-america-girl.jpg
I would bone her even if she's a little chunky. Just her sense of humor would probably get my dick hard.

SO, how fat are you?
fat-america-girl.jpg
I would bone her even if she's a little chunky. Just her sense of humor would probably get my dick hard.
post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

Forum List

Back