Arctic sea ice thinner than ever before

20090504_Figure3.png

You are truly one of the weakest members of this forum.

Here is another chart, from the very same source you posted your "contribution" from. Please note that the current ice levels are well above 2007 - and are in fact nearly identical to the 1979-2000 average.

If you are the best the global warmer/flat earthers have got, that propaganda house of cards is in more dire condition than even I knew...

N_timeseries.png

And what was the last time that the ice was that far above the line? 1998. If you look at the extent of the year old sea ice in the Artic, unless we get a very cool summer, that line will again dip below the mean.

Sinatra, you are comparing a 6 month average to a 30 year average.

You are the one that is weak.

Nice try though.

Nice try though.

Not quite - it is a comparison of current ice levels with a historical average, clearly showing that ice levels are in line with those averages. No crisis, no great pools of melting ice beyond the norms. This very same source that you attempted to cherry pick said as much - though also including the caveat that while April was a slower than normal melt, the thinner ice could be susceptible to increased melting come summer. That of course is speculative - much like the junk-science upon which the fairytale of global warming is based upon.

And Del is absolutely correct - in a planet aged billions of years, or a modern climate cycle of thousands of years, the difference between a 6-month average and a 30-year average is miniscule.

That means "very small"...

OK. Are either of you planning to live to be a billion years old? That kind of reply is rank stupidity. A rapid climate change of only a decades duration may not look like much on the geological timescale, but on the human time scale, it is very significant.

OK. Are either of you planning to live to be a billion years old? That kind of reply is rank stupidity. A rapid climate change of only a decades duration may not look like much on the geological timescale, but on the human time scale, it is very significant.

no, i'm not planning to live to be a billion, but i thought the whole point to your endless screeds about global warming was that the planet would suffer irreversible harm.

it's good to know you don't believe that bullshit any more than i do.

10 years ain't shit.

keep swinging

no, i'm not planning to live to be a billion, but i thought the whole point to your endless screeds about global warming was that the planet would suffer irreversible harm.

it's good to know you don't believe that bullshit any more than i do.

10 years ain't shit.

keep swinging

I do believe you have been completely bested here Old Rocks....

The planet will not suffer anything at all. Many species will become extinct. The agriculture that we depend on will suffer, as it is already suffering. Depending on the speed of the change, that could lead to a significant diminuation of the population. Sea level rise will create hundreds of thousands if not millions of refugees. Political borders mean nothing to starving people and everything to the military charged with defending a nation.

Global warming, from the perspective of the human species will probably be the biggest challenge that our species will face.

The planet will not suffer anything at all. Many species will become extinct. The agriculture that we depend on will suffer, as it is already suffering. Depending on the speed of the change, that could lead to a significant diminuation of the population. Sea level rise will create hundreds of thousands if not millions of refugees. Political borders mean nothing to starving people and everything to the military charged with defending a nation.

Global warming, from the perspective of the human species will probably be the biggest challenge that our species will face.

We survived women wearing thongs as a fashion statement, we will most certainly survive global warming...

fat-thonged-girl.jpg

Nice try though.

and you're calling thirty years a significant period of time for a
six billion year old planet.
that's not weak.
that's stupid.

Sorry, but CO2 in the atmosphere is at the highest level ever recorded, and the Antarctic ice core record goes back 600,000 years.

Nice try though.

Last edited:

We survived women wearing thongs as a fashion statement, we will most certainly survive global warming...

fat-thonged-girl.jpg

Yea and the challenge will be to stop the bullshit,green my ass
dollar get it.

Yea and the challenge will be to stop the bullshit,green my ass
dollar get it.

:clap2:

I'd like to report an inaccurate thread title. There hasn't always been an ice cap on the north pole, therefore this isn't the thinnest it has ever been.

I'd like to report an inaccurate thread title. There hasn't always been an ice cap on the north pole, therefore this isn't the thinnest it has ever been.

When was the last time there wasn't an ice cap?

When was the last time there wasn't an ice cap?

It's been a few million years, practically yesterday in geologic time.

Yeah, practically yesterday in geologic time but in human time not even on the calender.

Physilogically humans have existed in our present form for about 195,000 years. All of recorded history is less than 10,000 years. For the purpose of discussing the ice cap as it relates to human survival there has always been an arctic ice cap.

Forum List

Back