Arafat is DEAD!

Fmr jarhead said:
Arafat is the only "President" the Palestinians have ever known. There is no known chain of succession...so it is hard to say what will happen. This could be a great opportunity for Sharon to step up, and face those who oppose his actions in Gaza, and really reach out to help with an honest effort to reaching for peace with the moderate Palestinians.

Mostly, though, it depends on who will succeed Arafat. If there is a power struggle within the PLO and chaos reigns, there will be no eay answer. I think it is all up to the way power is transferred. Let's hope that Arafat has made those plans, and it is a smooth transition.

He refused the PM's resignation earlier this fall (I forget the details, as usual), and there did appear to be some internal stife, probably pretty normal. He probably took care of that anyway, still curious though.

Zhukov said:
There's alot of confusion on that point. Arafat, like many dictators, never appointed a clear succesor so as to avoid rivals.

That's why the PM came to mind, Arafat refused his resignation a few months earlier, although I'm not sure how it was resolved between the two of them . Arafat was probably quite ill at that time, and hopefully in the process of making some decisions - a living will kit maybe?

Zhukov said:
Yes, but who's to say anyone else agrees with the PM, or if the PM has any real power or influence? He may just be the first in line to be shot.

All of your reasons probably explain why he tried to quite - especially the part about being shot!

72 hours before we even don know, I think the Arab people will be fighting for his postion. Any death over there seems to end in more death.

hylandrdet said:
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/bless

Like you did in my live coverage forum; I too would like define the word "bless" you speak of. When you apply this definition to Bush's remark, along with Bush's promise to establish a Palestanian state, I see a person that admired Yasser Arafat and his cause.

Please spare us the early spin; you messed up, you voted wrong, now deal with it!

More unemployment and oil prices soar, don't blame me, I'd voted for Gore.

New Bush guidlines are starting to look scary, don't blame me, I'd voted for Kerry.

When the dust starts to settle and you're knocked on your tush, blame yourself, you VOTED FOR BUSH!!!

:laugh:

ENJOY THE NEXT FOUR YEARS; THIS IS GOING TO BE A RIOT!!!!

Hylandrdet, this post has nothing to do with the topic of the thread, you are just pointing out your personal opinion of a word used to promote your perspective on the election results. Please refrain from doing this and sticking with the thread topics.

Here's the deal. Fox News reports that the senior Palestinian leadership wants to keep Arafat's death a secret for 72 hours so they can meet and figure out what the hell to do. So we get a report that Arafat's dead, then a report of no, he's not dead. I think he's dead and the Palestinian leadership is trying to make heads or tails of everything right now, while trying to keep the rioting from starting in the West Bank.

I say he's dead, as of this morning (approx. noon EST, 9 AM PST). Any takers?

gop_jeff said:
Here's the deal. Fox News reports that the senior Palestinian leadership wants to keep Arafat's death a secret for 72 hours so they can meet and figure out what the hell to do. So we get a report that Arafat's dead, then a report of no, he's not dead. I think he's dead and the Palestinian leadership is trying to make heads or tails of everything right now, while trying to keep the rioting from starting in the West Bank.

Yep, he's dead and they are trying to figure out how to bury him on the temple mount.

Zhukov said:
I think he is technically alive. I further believe they are going to fly him back to Palestine, and then unplug him, so he dies there.

Well, I guess that's not so much to ask. Get him on the chopper, get him home, pull that sucker.

By the way, to nobody inparticular, blessing a soul is not the same as blessing the person. Of course, I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to see it otherwise....

As for him being the road block to peace,

Absolutely, he sacrificed many chances for peace solely to ensure his continued power.

OCA said:
Holy Christ! Now maybe finally something gets done there.

Maybe. I'm more inclined to think nothing will change. One sociopathic lunatic dead - tens of thousands available to replace him.

Merlin1047 said:
Maybe. I'm more inclined to think nothing will change. One sociopathic lunatic dead - tens of thousands available to replace him.

How sad but true, theres been fighting for centuries there I doubt it will change cause one person dies.... :duh3:

wolvie20m said:
How sad but true, theres been fighting for centuries there I doubt it will change cause one person dies.... :duh3:

Actually Arafat was protected by his tenure as a mass murderer for the Arabs. The US and Europe prevented his elimination years ago. But now with the fight between the Arabs fighting among themselves to see who will take his place are doing so by trying to show how they can blow up innocent Israeli children.

These new runners up to the top killer position does not protect them from having a bulls-eye pasted on their heads. The rockets from the sky will put a quick end to these Arabs who do not have the same protection of the world governments or Israel.

These new Arab leaders will be targeted for elimination.

gop_jeff said:

Arafat has been brain dead for many years. He has simply been a dead man walking and sending out children to blow up so that he can send the millions sent to the Arabs and siphoned off to his own bank accounts.

The delay in announcing his death is not to decide what to do but the inner sanctum fighting for the head man's job to began their theft of the money sent to the Arabs living in Israel.

These Arabs are not immune from being blown up by Israeli helicopters for they have no long term politcal backing from the ignorant and starving masses of Arabs who occupy Israel.

ajwps said:
Actually Arafat was protected by his tenure as a mass murderer for the Arabs. The US and Europe prevented his elimination years ago. But now with the fight between the Arabs fighting among themselves to see who will take his place are doing so by trying to show how they can blow up innocent Israeli children.

These new runners up to the top killer position does not protect them from having a bulls-eye pasted on their heads. The rockets from the sky will put a quick end to these Arabs who do not have the same protection of the world governments or Israel.

These new Arab leaders will be targeted for elimination.

I agree I'm tired of these pathetic fools killing their own children by sending them out to bomb anothers children. Then claiming responsibilty for the deaths of inoccents. They don't deserve their own state. Some don't deserve to live. I move to have these power hungry fools moved to somalia, see how much respect they'll get there... :rotflmao:

MtnBiker said:
Hylandrdet, this post has nothing to do with the topic of the thread, you are just pointing out your personal opinion of a word used to promote your perspective on the election results. Please refrain from doing this and sticking with the thread topics.

Actually it had much to do with the thread. This individual attempted to spin George W. Bush's "blessing" of Yasser Arafat as a "forgiving president giving last rights to a sinner"; where in my opinion, it appears to be the writings of a man, offended by the president's remarks, trying to save face.

I'm only guilty of planting a seed in the man's head; suggesting that he'd casted the wrong vote. I'd had a great start here; you guys set me back, no problem; I have a good voice and I have many opponents lined up to match wits with me; I'll get my points back; assuming that you're fair.

Forum List

Back