Arafat is DEAD!

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Just heard on the radio, Arafat is dead.

Bush said, "May God Bless his Soul"

In other words, may our forgiving Christ forgive Arafat of his horrible sins.

Mr. P said:
Beat me to it...I'll delete mine. :flameth: :D

Hee hee! I'm glib over this (I know, the libs will jump on my ass - perhaps literally) but I am happy this man is dead. He has been THE roadblock to peace in the region for over 40 years.

freeandfun1 said:
Hee hee! I'm glib over this (I know, the libs will jump on my ass - perhaps literally) but I am happy this man is dead. He has been THE roadblock to peace in the region for over 40 years.

I think your right.

Not more than 3 hours ago, there was a debate on whether or not he was in a coma and doing better.. (Some radio thing here) - that's now null & void, in only a matter of hours?

Or, is this going to turn into another Elvis thing?

Shattered said:
Not more than 3 hours ago, there was a debate on whether or not he was in a coma and doing better.. (Some radio thing here) - that's now null & void, in only a matter of hours?

Or, is this going to turn into another Elvis thing?

Are you kidding? Elvis could blend..a WEASEL with a scarf? NO way!

Just heard on Fox News that he is STILL alive and that there are conflicting stories. They say he is on his death bed though! so who knows.

freeandfun1 said:

And the day after a Bush win, too! Is this turning out to be a GREAT week or what?!?!?!?!? :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I think I now understand the confusion. This headline, from Israeli TV is misleading. We all know that Arafat is 'brain dead' , but I think their headline made many think he is really dead......

latest report by french military hospital staff said hes not dead yet, he may be brain dead tho.
no matter what you think it will leave palestine politically unstable for quite a while and that will not help the situation in the middle east in the short term

Redz said:
latest report by french military hospital staff said hes not dead yet, he may be brain dead tho.
no matter what you think it will leave palestine politically unstable for quite a while and that will not help the situation in the middle east in the short term

Do you really consider Palestine stable now? If so..... you might be brain dead.

Arafat has NOT let his government run as it should. He has blocked every effort by those within the Palestinian gov't that want peace in their efforts to forge peace. His death might finally allow peace to prosper.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i was watching the Bush press conference, and they said that Arafat is not dead, but may be brain-dead.

Hell - Is it ANY wonder that a man becomes 'brain dead' in France? Maybe what the French Government has is catching?

freeandfun1 said:
Do you really consider Palestine stable now? If so..... you might be brain dead.

Arafat has NOT let his government run as it should. He has blocked every effort by those within the Palestinian gov't that want peace in their efforts to forge peace. His death might finally allow peace to prosper.

no its not stable, but it sure ain't going to get more stable soon
those who want to work with the israelis and the americans don't have a lot of support in the general population at the moment.
i really hope peace will proper there, as i think its vital for all our safety

if he is brain dead, then they could wait until a more politically suitable time to turn him off, for instance, after the iraqi elections and the beginning of israeli settlers withdrawl.

The first step to a more stable Palestine is new leadership.

There will be tumult immeadiately following his death, but ultimately it should be a positive event, depending on who suceeds him.

freeandfun1 said:

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/bless

Like you did in my live coverage forum; I too would like define the word "bless" you speak of. When you apply this definition to Bush's remark, along with Bush's promise to establish a Palestanian state, I see a person that admired Yasser Arafat and his cause.

Please spare us the early spin; you messed up, you voted wrong, now deal with it!

More unemployment and oil prices soar, don't blame me, I'd voted for Gore.

New Bush guidlines are starting to look scary, don't blame me, I'd voted for Kerry.

When the dust starts to settle and you're knocked on your tush, blame yourself, you VOTED FOR BUSH!!!

:laugh:

ENJOY THE NEXT FOUR YEARS; THIS IS GOING TO BE A RIOT!!!!

Zhukov said:
The first step to a more stable Palestine is new leadership.

There will be tumult immeadiately following his death, but ultimately it should be a positive event, depending on who suceeds him.

In such an event as death, who would step in to replace him, even for the time being - the PM?

hylandrdet said:
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/bless

Like you did in my live coverage forum; I too would like define the word "bless" you speak of. When you apply this definition to Bush's remark, along with Bush's promise to establish a Palestanian state, I see a person that admired Yasser Arafat and his cause.

Please spare us the early spin; you messed up, you voted wrong, now deal with it!

More unemployment and oil prices soar, don't blame me, I'd voted for Gore.

New Bush guidlines are starting to look scary, don't blame me, I'd voted for Kerry.

When the dust starts to settle and you're knocked on your tush, blame yourself, you VOTED FOR BUSH!!!

:laugh:

ENJOY THE NEXT FOUR YEARS; THIS IS GOING TO BE A RIOT!!!!

First off dipshit, I was not ME that corrected your definition of rhetoric. So once again, FUCK YOU.

Secondly, "Bless them which persecute you. --Rom. xii. 14."

There is nothing wrong with asking God to Bless your enemies or the enemies of the world. It is a way of asking God to forgive them.

So again, SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU DIPSHIT!

Arafat is the only "President" the Palestinians have ever known. There is no known chain of succession...so it is hard to say what will happen. This could be a great opportunity for Sharon to step up, and face those who oppose his actions in Gaza, and really reach out to help with an honest effort to reaching for peace with the moderate Palestinians.

Mostly, though, it depends on who will succeed Arafat. If there is a power struggle within the PLO and chaos reigns, there will be no eay answer. I think it is all up to the way power is transferred. Let's hope that Arafat has made those plans, and it is a smooth transition.

Forum List

Back