Arabs Demand Everything - what else is new?

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by rhodescholar, Aug 8, 2009.

1. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,733
    'All of Jerusalem must be returned before negotiations' | Middle East | Jerusalem Post

The sixth Fatah General Assembly decreed on Saturday that the return of both east and west Jerusalem to Palestinian control was a "red line" which was non-negotiable, and would need to be fulfilled before any peace talks with Israel could renew, Israel Radio reported.

According to the report, a document adopted by the Fatah delegates of the assembly declared that Palestinians would "continue to be sacrificed until residents of Jerusalem are free of settlements and settlers." The document went on to state that all of Jerusalem, including the surrounding villages, belonged to the Palestinians, and lands conquered following the Six Day War shared the same status as those located within the Green Line.

----------------

Once again, the arabs show their hand that they have no interest in a peace deal with anyone else, and that self-determination and sovereignty for others in the middle east is not acceptable.

Until they understand that other people have rights as well, peace in the middle east is impossible.

2. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    I mean, it's not like we usually make occupying forces return all the land the took...

3. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,733
    Who is occupying what, fucktard?

Its not as if we allow the bully to get everything they want just because they start the fight now, do we?

4. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    So you agree that the Jews shouldn't be rewarded for displacing the locals and taking their land. Good, you're making progress! :clap2:

5. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,733
    Correct ****, the arabs, for starting the 1948, the 1967, and the 1973 wars, should NOT be rewarded with getting more land.

The arabs started these wars, and lost them. Tough noogies.

6. dj defkawn

dj defkawn Elab Vokab

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Seriously Rhodie if you actually stopped looking at things through a lens that apparently has a rather large star of david painted across the front of it, then perhaps you'd make a little more sense. Yes granted what was said may have been said by Arabs, but you totally wouldn't point out how many Knesset members probably preyed for the death of all of the Arabs last night. Or how a couple of Israeli MK's just recently got into a fist fight with several families in a west bank town over their anger at Israeli settlements. What I find funny is someone like yourself who would probably blow a gasket if someone was into holocaust denial, you are quick to deny any injustice to a people you simply don't like that much. Whether you choose to deny it or not rhodie, both sides have acted in great injustices to each other, and it isn't right wana innocent people get caught in the crossfire no matter what their ethnicity or religion.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  7. nia588

nia588 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Exactly! :clap2:

there has been injustice done by both sides not just by Palestine. Rhode's problem is that he blames everything on the Palestinians and Arabs and never points out the injustice that Israel has caused. He acts as if Israel is some golden child who does no wrong.

I think both sides need to get it together.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,733
    Look, there are shades of grey, but to say the israelis are equally at fault for this conflict is simply an example of not knowing the facts.

The arab nations have fucked things up for the WB/gaza arabs, starting endless wars and terrorism, and they've joined in where they could, so it is not as if they can claim "we're innocent and the aggrieved party."

Also, the MKs you mention don't run the government, the prime minister does, and he said he accepts a 2-state solution.

Funny how Netanyahu can say he is willing to compromise, but the arabs incessantly demand what they know is a total non-starter; the re-patriation of all arabs who left israel in 1948. Why is that?

Now then, have the israelis always acted perfectly? No they have not, but in comparison to other nations besieged like they have, frankly they've shown remarkable restraint. I've been personally in US wars, and have been "in the neighborhood" when others have fought, and believe me, the efforts the IDF has gone through to minimize civilian casualties is second to none. That's a fact, jack.

9. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,733
    You know what, many israelis would be willing to forgive and forget, and just start over - but take a look at what the arabs have said, and did say at this meeting: "all of jerusalem is ours, and we demand the total right of return - no compromise on either."

Please tell me how you think that, with these arab statements, and the inevitable attacks israel endures every time it exits land, that it has a genuine peace partner?

10. nia588

nia588 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +85
    are you for real? Israel doesn't even want Palestine to become an independent state. When Obama started talking about a Palestinian state they got an attitude. And what does Israel have to forgive? The conflict isn't just the Arabs fault. It's their fault as well. Just look at Jenin and Gaza.

to be honest i think as far as Jerusalem goes. That city needs to be a UN controlled city and neither sides should have control of it. Make it a free city.

And yeah I agree the Palestinians should comprise more. But it has to be from both sided.