Apple owes back taxes after paying nothing for years.

Timmy

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2015
Remember those threads about companies run to Ireland to avoid big bad us taxes ? Well chickens have come home to roost!

Apple must pay $14.5 billion in back taxes to Ireland, the EU says
The tax deal with Ireland, where Apple has two subsidiaries, allowed the Cupertino, Calif., company to have an effective corporate tax rate of 1% in 2003. The rate fell to 0.005% in 2014, meaning Apple paid just $50 on every $1 million in profit, the commission said.

Ireland is an attractive location for foreign subsidiaries because its 12.5% corporate tax rate is one of the lowest in the developed world. Conversely, the U.S. corporate tax rate of 35% is the highest among the 35 members of the Organization for Economic Development and Cooperation, although many companies pay less because of tax breaks.

This is going to piss Ireland off. I heard they are already filing suits or something.
Leave the EU!

Remember those threads about companies run to Ireland to avoid big bad us taxes ? Well chickens have come home to roost!

Apple must pay $14.5 billion in back taxes to Ireland, the EU says
The tax deal with Ireland, where Apple has two subsidiaries, allowed the Cupertino, Calif., company to have an effective corporate tax rate of 1% in 2003. The rate fell to 0.005% in 2014, meaning Apple paid just $50 on every $1 million in profit, the commission said.

Ireland is an attractive location for foreign subsidiaries because its 12.5% corporate tax rate is one of the lowest in the developed world. Conversely, the U.S. corporate tax rate of 35% is the highest among the 35 members of the Organization for Economic Development and Cooperation, although many companies pay less because of tax breaks.

Beginning to understand why corporations leave the US?

that is what is wrong with the tax system......there are appearances of paying high taxes that are reduced by so called breaks..etc and so forth but on the up side...

and the irs has been gutted....rumor has it..much easier to cheat on your taxes now

As much as I respect what Apple does for tech and innovation. They're class A cheaters and do everything in their power to avoid paying their taxes...

I find it sad.
You realize they don't set their own rate, right?

that is what is wrong with the tax system......there are appearances of paying high taxes that are reduced by so called breaks..etc and so forth but on the up side...

and the irs has been gutted....rumor has it..much easier to cheat on your taxes now
The IRS doesn't audit income for Ireland, any breaks or loopholes involved them, not the US. And who told you they are diminished?

Beautiful... left-wing darling Apple doesn't pay their taxes. Their products are overrated. I have an iPad and a Mac Book Pro. I love the iPad, especially for travelling.. the Mac Book? Waste of money. Does absolutely nothing my high-end Dell can't do. I got rid of my iPhone 6 months after getting it and got a Galaxy.. far superior phone.

You're still a fuckin retard Timmy.

316yQ371a7L.jpg

The story doesn't make a lot of sense anyway. The EU reached this decision about something Ireland set up to encourage businesses to go over. So what they are saying is that Apple, or any company, is supposed to know EU law better than the EU member they are dealing with.

I think it's just a shakedown, they need money and they'll squeeze anyone they can.

Corporations want free services. They want free labor, free infrastructure, free roads, free bailouts, cheap loans through the fed discount window and free defense of their overseas supply chains. [Yup it costs a lot to safeguard Exxon's Iraqi oil fields or Walmart's shipping lanes]

Sometimes the nation's that provide services want to actually get paid a portion of what they are owed.

When this happens it's talk radio's job to keep people dumb, such that they don't know - FOR EXAMPLE - that the satellite technology that undergirds technological platforms across commercial sectors was developed under the Cold War/NASA budgets.

Do you think corporations want to pay for the shit governments around the world give them? Nope. Talk Radio exists to distract morons from understanding how dependent and parasitic these global corporations are upon Big Government.

Corporations want free services. They want free labor, free infrastructure, free roads, free bailouts, cheap loans through the fed discount window and free defense of their overseas supply chains. [Yup it costs a lot to safeguard Exxon's Iraqi oil fields or Walmart's shipping lanes]

Sometimes the nation's that provide services want to actually get paid a portion of what they are owed.

When this happens it's talk radio's job to keep people dumb, such that they don't know - FOR EXAMPLE - that the satellite technology that undergirds technological platforms across commercial sectors was developed under the Cold War/NASA budgets.

Do you think corporations want to pay for the shit governments around the world give them? Nope. Talk Radio exists to distract morons from understanding how dependent and parasitic these global corporations are upon Big Government.
Infrastructure is built from taxes, supposed to be anyway. I'm sure Apple pays local and federal taxes, the Irish deal was on Ireland. Companies are invited in to a local because they bring jobs. Sometimes lots of jobs. And the employees pay ...taxes.

Forum List

Back