Appalachians are dying faster than other Americans.

Mining coal is no longer a process where hundreds of miners go underground; today large earth machinery cuts down the trees, removes the soil and the rock until a seam of coal is exposed, then large steam shovels dig the coal and put it into trucks for processing. A dozen men can take down a mountain top in a few months and leave an environmental mess.

In other words, a conservatards wet dream come true.

Yep, and it exposes the lie Trump told about jobs returning to Appalachia. Not only are miners not working, Trump&Co are working hard (and failing) to make sure miners and their family lose health insurance too.

HRC had a plan to fund training for miners to secure jobs in the 21st Century economy.

Mining coal is no longer a process where hundreds of miners go underground; today large earth machinery cuts down the trees, removes the soil and the rock until a seam of coal is exposed, then large steam shovels dig the coal and put it into trucks for processing. A dozen men can take down a mountain top in a few months and leave an environmental mess.
So stay away if you don't like it.
Nobody wants you there anyway.

The link by koshergirl claiming "Most Union Miners to Return to Coal Fields in Appalachia was published July 17, 1989!

Most Union Miners to Return To Coal Fields in Appalachia
AP
Published: July 17, 1989

So stay away if you don't like it.
Nobody wants you there anyway.

Nice try, editing out your lie does not make it go away. Posting what you did, and calling me a liar proves you are either stupid or a damn liar. Of course liars can be stupid too! You've proved that often.

Yep, and it exposes the lie Trump told about jobs returning to Appalachia. Not only are miners not working, Trump&Co are working hard (and failing) to make sure miners and their family lose health insurance too.

HRC had a plan to fund training for miners to secure jobs in the 21st Century economy.

"In Pennsylvania, Corsal Coal Company has opened a new mine in Somerset County, which is outside of Pittsburgh. It’s the first new mine in years. Fox News reported that 70 jobs were created with this mine opening, although 400 applications were submitted. George Dethlefsen, the CEO of Corsa Coal, added that they’re selling coal for $150/ton, which is double from what it was a year ago. He said that the loosening of government regulations, along with coal being less stigmatized now that Trump is president also helps."

Back To Work: Trump Touts Opening Of New Coal Mine In Pennsylvania

“I love mining coal,” Carlos Sturdill said 250 feet underground in the E4-1 mine in Hazard. That mine shut down in the Obama years. There are many factors that allowed the mine to re-open and people like Sturdill to get back to work.

"For starters, the entire economy has seen a bump. That has created a demand for steel. The high-quality coal that comes out of Appalachia is well suited for making steel.

“I’m glad to be working. I’m thankful I’ve got a job again,” Sturdill said. Then you have President Trump who started rolling back regulations early in his time on the job. One of Trump’s early executive orders was to roll back the Stream Protection Rule. The SPR was created in the 11th hour of the Obama presidency and it would have placed a burden on coal companies to test streams before during and after mining. Trump followed up by undoing the 2015 Waters of the US rule, which broadened the definition of a body of water.

"According to West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey, the rule “allowed the EPA and Army Corps of Engineers to assert Federal authority over an untold number of small bodies of water, including roadside ditches, short-lived streams and any other area where water may flow every 100 years.”

With Trump in office, coal mining town begins making comeback

66516e854e00f05a8afc6000be074a33a53da9a8.jpeg

The country made gains on those health measures over the next two decades, but progress in Appalachia stalled. Between 2009 and 2013, the infant-mortality rate was 16 percent higher in Appalachia than in the rest of the country. People could expect to live 2.4 years less than their counterparts in the rest of the United States.

====================

Republicans have all this worry and concern about people in Chicago. What about Appalachia?
And who lives in Appalachia?

County-Economic-Status_FY2018_Map.png
They vote Republican right? Then let Republicans worry about their constituents
But why are they so worried about Chicago? Unless they aren't. And are only using people they care nothing about for politics.
kinda like what you and your precious little party do,so how are you any different?..
How do we do that? Be specific

"The past month has seen a resurgence of the coal industry that once formed the backbone of the region's economy, and locals credit President Trump's aggressive, pro-energy agenda.

Expand / Contract
In Wise County, Virginia, coal trucks are running again.(Johnny Giles)

Crippled by a slew of factors, from changing times, an emphasis on renewable energy, and the Obama administration's harsh penalties on coal-fired power plants, the area's economy took a devastating hit over the past eight years. Many of the people living in these mountains had nearly given up hope that the area could ever recover.

The smaller communities in this county in southwest Virginia, such as the towns of Appalachia, Pound and St. Paul, were the hardest hit, but the ripple effects were felt far and wide.

Prospects changed nearly overnight. President Trump had promised to do everything he could to lift the coal mining industry. Trump began to make good on his pledge last month when he eliminated the Stream Protection Rule, which had placed layers of regulations on the industry."

Go Trump. Repairing the damage done by Democrats who want Appalachians to die out and their culture destroyed.

Coal mining begins seeing revival as Trump gives industry hope
US-Coal-Mining-Employment-1900-2016-MSHA-series-e1487808914791.png

:itsok:

Oh yes, they've been subjected to progressive industry-killing policies since the depression.
That's rather the point.

It's sad, but those people need to move on. Destroying their mountains by letting machines dig up new coal won't help them any.
By "Move On" progressives mean "DIE".

Fuck you. We're tearing up the land, producing coal, putting people to work..then they're coming to YOUR town and they're going to tell YOU what to do.

Money talks, fuck progressive elitist swine.
How many people are you putting to work? Good numbers now. Not Fox and Breitbart "invented".

It's sad, but those people need to move on. Destroying their mountains by letting machines dig up new coal won't help them any.
By "Move On" progressives mean "DIE".

Fuck you. We're tearing up the land, producing coal, putting people to work..then they're coming to YOUR town and they're going to tell YOU what to do.

Money talks, fuck progressive elitist swine.
How many people are you putting to work? Good numbers now. Not Fox and Breitbart "invented".
Irrelevant, in so many ways.

We aren't talking about me, porkchop.

we know dean was laughing as hard as ryan was....dean hates those people,they are in his big tent.....
We don't hate stupid people we hate that there are stupid people though
who is we?.....i was talking about dean....
Us liberals.
only far right and left people hate those who dont agree with them bobo....dean is pretty far left....you dont come off as far left or someone who hates people just for having the gaul and audacity to disagree with you....plus that a months ago you said you were now a republican....

The country made gains on those health measures over the next two decades, but progress in Appalachia stalled. Between 2009 and 2013, the infant-mortality rate was 16 percent higher in Appalachia than in the rest of the country. People could expect to live 2.4 years less than their counterparts in the rest of the United States.

====================

Republicans have all this worry and concern about people in Chicago. What about Appalachia?

They vote Republican right? Then let Republicans worry about their constituents
But why are they so worried about Chicago? Unless they aren't. And are only using people they care nothing about for politics.
kinda like what you and your precious little party do,so how are you any different?..
How do we do that? Be specific
use people.....follow the posts bobo...

"In Pennsylvania, Corsal Coal Company has opened a new mine in Somerset County, which is outside of Pittsburgh. It’s the first new mine in years. Fox News reported that 70 jobs were created with this mine opening, although 400 applications were submitted. George Dethlefsen, the CEO of Corsa Coal, added that they’re selling coal for $150/ton, which is double from what it was a year ago. He said that the loosening of government regulations, along with coal being less stigmatized now that Trump is president also helps."

Back To Work: Trump Touts Opening Of New Coal Mine In Pennsylvania

70 JOBS!!! Wow, Trump&Co. have out down themselves; 70 miners now have jobs, and hundreds more will need to be hired to clean up the dust and slurry they will create.

====================

I'm concerned.

Forum List

Back