Anyone remember "sin of Sodom and Gomorrah"?

Is God sending a message about the immorality of the left by destroying the most liberal city?

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I am confused

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
For what purpose? Learn what? Grow spiritually towards what?

To grow closer to God and to your fellow souls, I guess. How should I know?
If god wants me close to it, why doesn’t god just make me like that?
That 'Free Will' that God gave us really is a mental stickler for you, isn't it?
God gave us free will, but there’s only one right way to be. Some free will.
Not sure what kind of response that its, Taz. There can be several ways that are right, as there are several ways to not be right.

Drunkenness is a sin also

Actually no it's not...….Noah was drunk when his sons tried to cover his nakedness......it was the sons that were chastised for their actions, not Noah

Interesting point.

Makes me think that the bible is teaching that people trying to cover up trumps nakedness are more guilty of sin than trump is for exposing himself as an idiot..

Actually no it's not...….Noah was drunk when his sons tried to cover his nakedness......it was the sons that were chastised for their actions, not Noah

Interesting point.

Makes me think that the bible is teaching that people trying to cover up trumps nakedness are more guilty of sin than trump is for exposing himself as an idiot..

Trump might be an idiot, but at least he's been a productive idiot. The previous idiot was an abortion.

The definition of sin is missing the mark, or the ideal. The ideal for sex is between a man and a woman who are married and open to having children, for the purpose of sex is procreation. The man and woman become part of the experience of creation.

Ideal by whom? For most of Human Existence, there was no marriage. Humans have been around for 315,000 years. We've only had marriage as a concept for the last 4000 or so. For most of that 4000 years, the female wasn't an equal, she was property. Fucking happened, but most of those children died of diseases or were picked off by saber tooth cats.

Homosexuality misses the mark because it is not part of a creation experience. It may cause health problems. Also, even in countries where homosexuality has been long accepted, widely accepted, these health problems include more instances of depression and mental health issues.

This is a fucking obscene argument. The ONLY Reason why homosexuality causes mental health issues is because of the hate bible thumping assholes inflict on LGBT people. Seriously, so you understand why i hate you bible thumping assholes so much?

Another problem with sex outside of marriage is that it start us down that slippery slope: If heterosexuals break the boundaries into sex for sexual pleasure only, than why shouldn't homosexuals see sex the same way--for pleasure. When pleasure becomes the goal, it opens the door to bisexuality, pedophilia, bestiality, or even gender change. More recently we see the story of a man who feels if people can change genders, they should also be able to change their age. So here we go into so on and so forth.

ah, the "Slippery Slope" argument. Really can't argue what you are arguing, so let's throw in some unrelated things that are bad. (Although I see nothing wrong with bisexuality or gender change.)

We already change our "age". Back in Bible times, most people were dead by 40. Now we live as long a 80. This is a good thing.

Not at all. But nor is our perspective loaded with bitterness, anger, hate, and contempt of God. The accounts detail man's experiences with God. One of the main cultural differences between then and now, is that we are reading stories by people whose perspective is of man failing in his responsibilities, and how they see God having to continually clean up afterwards. They see how humans mess things up so badly that only removing man and giving him a fresh start is the only way to remove all of the stench. They see things such as the flood and the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah as God-given opportunities.

So God's idea of cleaning things up is "murdering babies"? Now, of course, these stories are myths, but a God who murders babies or children isn't "Good" by any stretch, and the bible gives us multiple examples they really don't talk about on Sunday. The Flood, Sodom, David and Bathsheba's baby, the children who made fun of Elijah's bald head.

upload_2018-11-15_5-4-47.jpeg

Our culture, of course, is always on the hunt for someone else to blame--not our responsibility, not our guilt, someone else is always at fault. This, of course, is why you, JoeB, dump everything on God. You want us to see God as you do. But what we see is you and the relationship you built with God.

One more time... My problem is not with "God". God doesn't exist.

My problem is with bible thumping assholes who want to inflict their bronze age superstitions on the rest of us.

and, yes, i really do blame them for most of what's wrong in this country. They keep putting Republicans in office, who keep messing it up for the rest of us.

Today, we see evidence that the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was a purely natural disaster. We see how two girls believed it was the end of the world, and shouldered the responsibility of repopulating the world in the only way they saw possible. We read Jewish commentaries set forth by Rabbis centuries ago that note the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah extended well beyond sexual practices. Amidst all of this, shines divine intervention, not for all, but for Abraham's family, the family that followed (to the best of their abilities) the ways of God.

Except there is no evidence they thought they were the last three people left in the world in the narrative.

In fact, it was a bit of political propaganda to claim that the Moabites and Ammonites were the result of drunken incest.... you know, kind of like how liberals see conservatives like this.

upload_2018-11-15_5-9-8.jpeg

Now, in Islam, they see Lot (Or Lut) as a a prophet, and don't believe in the whole Drunken Incest story.

That 'Free Will' that God gave us really is a mental stickler for you, isn't it?

Are you an atheist?
I'm agnostic and see no proof either for or against the existence of a god. But leave the door open if anyone comes up with real proof either way. Can't be any fairer than that.

Not sure what kind of response that its, Taz. There can be several ways that are right, as there are several ways to not be right.
God gave us free will but we get punished if we don't choose god. That's not free will, that's a threat.

God gave us free will but we get punished if we don't choose god. That's not free will, that's a threat.

Its not about crime and punishment for the millionth time. Its about cause and effect.

If you fill your mind with the irrational garbage of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, think deeply, you will say and do stupid things and become an unclean creature that cannot ruminate, think deeply.

So stop crying about some unfair future punishment for failing to comply with this instruction.

You have your reward already.

Interesting point.

Trump might be an idiot, but at least he's been a productive idiot. The previous idiot was an abortion.

The previous idiot had intelligence, humility, respect for others and from others. In other words class.

This one is infantile, a pompous, narcissistic, and disrespectful racist petty tyrant who is trying to give away the keys to the kingdom for a pat on the back from the enemy.

Its rather astonishing that someone so blatantly vile stupid and disgusting could even be a narcissist.

don't you agree?

What would you call those who are trying to cover up the obvious and convince everyone that he really is an amazing idiot who is doing really great things for everybody else?

Coward comes to mind, demonically possessed might be another. Maybe even enemy of the state...

either that or you have been struck with blindness and schnookered by a well heeled low class city slicker conman under the control of a hostile foreign power who has usurped a position of authority by deceiving the numbskulls who thinks he gives a shit about them with specious promises of a fascist utopia.

Last edited:

Its not about crime and punishment for the millionth time. Its about cause and effect.

If you fill your mind with the irrational garbage of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, think deeply, you will say and do stupid things and become an unclean creature that cannot ruminate, think deeply.

So stop crying about some unfair future punishment for failing to comply with this instruction.

I'm a vegetarian, I don't eat any animals. So on that score, I'm waaaayyyy cleaner than you are, with your rotting meat in your gut 24/7. Or am I being punished for not eating ANY animals?

I'm a vegetarian, I don't eat any animals. So on that score, I'm waaaayyyy cleaner than you are, with your rotting meat in your gut 24/7. Or am I being punished for not eating ANY animals?

ugh.. You are not being punished. Your vile and degenerate condition is the direct result of your failure to stand guard over the purity of your own mind, the only lens through which your entire experience of life is perceived.

you can't blame that on God. You were warned.

ugh.. You are not being punished. Your vile and degenerate condition is the direct result of your failure to stand guard over the purity of your own mind, the only lens through which your entire experience of life is perceived.

If god wanted my mind purified so badly, why didn't he build a automatic purification system into humans? He forgot? :biggrin:

If god wanted my mind purified so badly, why didn't he build a automatic purification system into humans? He forgot? :biggrin:

Its not about what God wants. If you wanted a pure mind you would work at it. If you don't you will be flushed down the toilet like a smelly turd.

Thats the automatic purification system.

Its not about what God wants. If you wanted a pure mind you would work at it. If you don't you will be flushed down the toilet like a smelly turd.

So how am I going to be flushed, what will happen?

You will feel like God either doesn't exist or doesn't give a crap about you. You will start saying idiotic and vulgar things about subjects that are above your grasp. You might even give birth to a new mental disorder, kangaroo mania. You would be striving to earn a masters degree in coprology with a minor in cum dribbles.

And the most unmistakable sign that you are being flushed is incessantly asking stupid questions over and over again.

Last edited:

You will feel like God either doesn't exist or doesn't give a crap about you. You will start saying idiotic and vulgar things about subjects that are above your grasp. You might even give birth to a new mental disorder, kangaroo mania. You would be striving to earn a masters degree in coprology with a minor in cum dribbles.

And the true sign that you are being flushed is incessantly asking stupid questions over and over again.
Asking why god created so many bad things for this world is a legitimate question that you have no answer for, so you get upset.

Discussing how a virgin could get pregnant back then is also legit, or do you think a ghost fucked Mary with a really thin dick?

And the true sign that you are being flushed is incessantly asking stupid questions over and over again.
Asking why god created so many bad things for this world is a legitimate question that you have no answer for, so you get upset.

Discussing how a virgin could get pregnant back then is also legit, or do you think a ghost fucked Mary with a really thin dick?

There you go again. The same stupid question as if I haven't already answered you many times. Poor sod.

I'm not upset. Long before we ever started chatting you had become a turd. its your life, your mind, your choice.

However repulsive you may try to be, it has absolutely no effect on me.

There you go again. The same stupid question as if I haven't already answered you many times. Poor sod.

I'm not upset. Long before we ever started chatting you had become a turd. its your life, your mind, your choice.

However repulsive you may try to be, it has absolutely no effect on me.
You also answer with gobbledygook, never a real answer. So maybe it's YOUR full diaper that you're smelling. :biggrin:

Read an interesting article once on this. It started with Noah exhibiting all the signs of survivor's guilt. He began drinking. One son tried to cover up Noah's addiction. The other son may have been desperate for outside aid to help his father. (Compare this to today where one family member may be addicted to opioids. What is the best thing to do? Reveal the problem and ask for outside help? Or keep it in the family and try to resolve it there.)

Forum List

Back