Zone1 If you are poor, it's your own fault and God is against you (message sent by some Protestants)

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Well, this is interesting. We have discussed Olsteen and other preachers who act like God is into material prosperity and etc...

But Jesus... maybe we should look @ Jesus and His life.

He was celibate all his life. Olsteen is not and probably never has been

Jesus was poor, born in a manger

Jesus never owned property

Jesus spoke of how the lilies of the valley neither sow nor reap and yet they are provided for.. so don't worry about what you are to wear or what you are to eat

A saint named Benedict Joseph LaBre took this teaching incredibly seriously

Well, this is interesting. We have discussed Olsteen and other preachers who act like God is into material prosperity and etc...

But Jesus... maybe we should look @ Jesus and His life.

He was celibate all his life. Olsteen is not and probably never has been

Jesus was poor, born in a manger

Jesus never owned property

Jesus spoke of how the lilies of the valley neither sow nor reap and yet they are provided for.. so don't worry about what you are to wear or what you are to eat

A saint named Benedict Joseph LaBre took this teaching incredibly seriously
Nobody is celebate all their life and that includes the jesus cowboy.

But a lot of gays can pull off the celibacy scam, in exactly the same way the catholic priests get away with it.

Was He?

The prosperity gospel is fairly new and comes on the heels of prophets like Hal Lindsey.
I think u mean false prophets

My mother seemed to like Lindsey. She wasn't raised Catholic but supposedly converted after marrying my father... yet I have seen a lot of protestantism.. a residual or whatever.. in her

Forum List

Back