Anyone here STILL believe that Trump is all for the "common citizen"?

not one (D) voted for the bill & the majority are wealthy themselves. why would that be?

not one (D) voted for the bill

They should write a new, strictly middle class tax cut.
What's stopping them?

they are in the minority at this point in time. but.............. 2018 just might change that. :eusa_dance:

they are in the minority at this point in time.

So they won't even try?

but.............. 2018 just might change that.

Obviously.

Vote Dem in 2018......"We're gonna raise your taxes!"

Sure fire winner right there.

are you kidding me? the party of nononononNONONOONOOOOOOOOOO with a (D) prez - who btw - had their leader state that their #1 priority was to make that (D) prez a one term prez ( that failed, didn't it) would cooperate with the left side of the aisle on anything now?

2017 - cut taxes in a time of war. multiple wars & more wars on the horizen it the epitome of reckless governing.

that is now what the GOP is known for & has been long b4 now.

What an ignorant stupid comment, did you know that the party out of office wants the opposition to always be a one termer. Come on, do you really think the Democrats wanted Bush in for two terms? Do you want Trump in for two terms? Lol! You really believe the opposition should want the other guy in for as many terms as possible?

:blahblah:

NEVER b4 has complete & utter opposition coming from the the other side of the aisle (from either party ) occured than when obama was first elected.

please cite & link any congress critter who has said anything close to what turtle boy has... on open mike.... & intentionally. i'll wait.

& while i'm waiting, i'll remind you how back in the day - both (D)s & (R)s would be on opposite sides when it came to issues etc... but they compromised with each other & got things done AND would actually frat with each other after they 'clocked out' for the day.

when was the last time you saw THAT?

<pfffft>

Last edited:
"The Republican tax bill will slash income tax rates across the board, but the middle class will experience the greatest tax cuts. The Cato Institute's Chris Edwards noted that under the bill, "higher earners will pay an even larger share of the overall income tax burden than they do now. Our highly 'progressive' income tax will be even more progressive."

Edwards pointed out that the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) released an analysis of the final bill, but that the JCT slanted the results by including payroll and excise taxes.

According to Edwards' analysis, the income tax changes will deliver huge benefits to those making between $40,000 and $75,000 per year, and much smaller cuts for people who earn even more money.

Income under $40,000 is not taxed at the federal level. Overall, those who make between $40,000 and $50,000 would pay $11.9 billion in 2019 under the current tax scheme. Under the new tax bill, they will pay $6.7 billion less — a tax cut of 56.3 percent. Those who make between $50,000 and $75,000 currently would pay $90.3 million, but they will pay $23 billion less, a 25.5 percent cut.

Even those who make $75,000 to $100,000 will experience an 18.1 percent tax cut. Those who make $1 million or more per year will experience the largest dollar amount cut ($36.9 billion overall), but their percentage cut will only amount to 6.4 percent.

Democrats can, if they wish to be dishonest, note that the wealthiest earners will get the greatest "cut" in dollar terms. This would be extremely misleading, however — as the percentage makes the most difference.

Currently, 70 percent of federal income taxes are collected from the top 10 percent of earners. The middle class does not pay that much income tax, and the Republican tax bill would cut the amount they do pay even further."

5 Things to Know About the Final Republican Tax Reform Bill

In answer to the question in the thread op, yes.

Cato Institute = Koch Bros think tank.

BIASED.

What's stopping them?

they are in the minority at this point in time. but.............. 2018 just might change that. :eusa_dance:

So they won't even try?

Obviously.

are you kidding me? the party of nononononNONONOONOOOOOOOOOO with a (D) prez - who btw - had their leader state that their #1 priority was to make that (D) prez a one term prez ( that failed, didn't it) would cooperate with the left side of the aisle on anything now?

2017 - cut taxes in a time of war. multiple wars & more wars on the horizen it the epitome of reckless governing.

What an ignorant stupid comment, did you know that the party out of office wants the opposition to always be a one termer. Come on, do you really think the Democrats wanted Bush in for two terms? Do you want Trump in for two terms? Lol! You really believe the opposition should want the other guy in for as many terms as possible?

NEVER b4 has complete & utter opposition coming from the the other side of the aisle (from either party ) toccured han when obama was first elected.

please cite & link any congress critter who has said anything close to what turtle boy has... on open mike.... & intentionally. i'll wait.

& while i'm waiting, i'll remind you how back in the day - both (D)s & (R)s would be on opposite sides when it came to issues etc... but they compromised with each other & got things done AND would actually frat with each other after they 'clocked out' for the day.

<pfffft>

BS! Every President the opposition wanted a one termer, just that the GOP said what they were thinking. Democrats can’t seem to be honest about it.

So they won't even try?

Obviously.

NEVER b4 has complete & utter opposition coming from the the other side of the aisle (from either party ) toccured han when obama was first elected.

<pfffft>

BS! Every President the opposition wanted a one termer, just that the GOP said what they were thinking. Democrats can’t seem to be honest about it.

:wtf:it's not a matter of being 'honest'. stoking the fires of animosity openly & deliberately is not the best way to go.

domestically or internationally. it's never been so bad & that sickness has certainly spread, but both sides certainly can't take equal blame.... & you know it.

So they won't even try?

Obviously.

<pfffft>

:wtf:it's not a matter of being 'honest'. stoking the fires of animosity openly & deliberately is not the best way to go.

domestically or internationally. it's never been so bad & that sickness has certainly spread, but both sides certainly can't take equal blame.... & you know it.

More BS, if you can honestly tell me that neither side want the other side to be a one termer then you got something, otherwise all you got is stupidity because it is a given the other side always wants the power. Go back in history and there have been other times it has been as bad and even worse. You drama is amusing.

What's stopping them?

So they won't even try?

Obviously.

are you kidding me?

No, I'm not kidding.

If the Dems are worried about middle class tax cuts, the Dems should introduce legislation to cut middle class taxes. Deeper and permanently.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the Republicans won't fight against that legislation.

Or, if they'd like, Dems should instead run on a promise to raise everybody's taxes.

lol.... did reagan run on that platform? he raised taxes 11x. lest ye ferget.

did reagan run on that platform? he raised taxes 11x.

I know!!!

It was awful, he raised the top rate from 70% all the way up to 28%.

<pfffft>

More BS, if you can honestly tell me that neither side want the other side to be a one termer then you got something, otherwise all you got is stupidity because it is a given the other side always wants the power. Go back in history and there have been other times it has been as bad and even worse. You drama is amusing.

poor poor pops. you cannot comprehend worth a damn. yet again, you are trying ( & still failing ) to put words in my reply that i never wrote. nice try, but it just doesn't fly. what is the assumption based on logic ( Ds want an R prez to only serve 1 term & visey versey ) has always been there.

but the complete & open hostility that began in 2009 from the 'opposition' had ramped up to such a fever pitch by 2015. demanding that a sitting US president show his birth certificate & he's a muslim born in kenya..... to 'you lie!' yelled during a SOTU address, to alllllllllllllllll the outright lies, & disgusting pablum spewed from rwnjs on FOX all helped fuel the fire.

& when i say 'internationally' the USA has pretty much cut ourselves off from our historically aligned allies because the cult of personality has made it A-OK to do just that & the complacent (R)s are along for the ride.

so, like i asked, ( & you haven't produced ) where is one unbiased link that shows the intense animosity that has been brewing since turtleboy openly & deliberately gave permission to the mooks who followed him ----- came from the (D)s. even nancy pelosi ( who i have zero respect for ) said impeachment was 'off the table' when it came to W's massive clusterfuck with dealing with non existent Iraqi WMDs that got us into a fake war.

i'm not waiting anymore for that proof, pops. i know it won't materialize.

Last edited:

So they won't even try?

Obviously.

are you kidding me?

No, I'm not kidding.

If the Dems are worried about middle class tax cuts, the Dems should introduce legislation to cut middle class taxes. Deeper and permanently.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the Republicans won't fight against that legislation.

Or, if they'd like, Dems should instead run on a promise to raise everybody's taxes.

I know!!!

how has that trickle down theory been working for the past 40 years? guess you, like your president tinkles..... love a golden shower.

<pfffft>

poor poor pops. you cannot comprehend worth a damn. yet again, you are trying ( & still failing ) to put words in my reply that i never wrote. nice try, but it just doesn't fly. what is the assumption based on logic ( Ds want an R prez to only serve 1 term & visey versey ) has always been there.

but the complete & open hostility that began in 2009 from the 'opposition' had ramped up to such a fever pitch by 2015. demanding that a sitting US president show his birth certificate & he's a muslim born in kenya..... to 'you lie!' yelled during a SOTU address, to alllllllllllllllll the outright lies, & disgusting pablum spewed from rwnjs on FOX all helped fuel the fire.

& when i say 'internationally' the USA has pretty much cut ourselves off from our historically aligned allies because the cult of personality has made it A-OK to do just that & the complacent (R)s are along for the ride.

so, like i asked, ( & you haven't produced ) where is one unbiased link that shows the intense animosity that has been brewing since turtleboy openly & deliberately gave permission to the mooks who followed him ----- came from the (D)s. even nancy pelosi ( who i have zero respect for ) said impeachment was 'off the table' when it came to W's massive clusterfuck with dealing with non existent Iraqi WMDs that got us into a fake war.

My, my, what damn bit of difference does it make if it is said or not? It has been generally known as you admit that the hostility is there and will always be there.

<pfffft>

My, my, what damn bit of difference does it make if it is said or not? It has been generally known as you admit that the hostility is there and will always be there.

my my... no. congress critters didn't meet outside of work & frat with each other if there was such heightened hostility. adversaries in the capital & friends outside is NOT was has been going on for the past several years. you try so hard, pops. but just can't pass muster. that's ok, i don't blame you for trying. joe biden was just telling a story to john mccain's daughter about how mccain use to babysit for biden's son back in the day. you think that would happen now? LOL............

my my... no. congress critters didn't meet outside of work & frat with each other if there was such heightened hostility. adversaries in the capital & friends outside is NOT was has been going on for the past several years. you try so hard, pops. but just can't pass muster. that's ok, i don't blame you for trying. joe biden was just telling a story to john mccain's daughter about how mccain use to babysit for biden's son back in the day. you think that would happen now? LOL............

Sure would and many would still do it, not sure what your point is. It is and always will be the intention of one party to make them a one termer, I don’t care if they are good friends on the opposite side of the aisle, it is still there. Fist fights have broken out in Congress before, this isn’t new it isn’t breaking it is politics as usual and how they treat each other outside the office is the same as it always has been.

Sessions and Sanders respect each other, diametrically opposed but lots of respect. The same is true of a lot of others. Just because you don’t agree politically it doesn’t mean you hate the other side. Just like sports, the athletes tear each other up during a game and respect them the same.

I disagree with you, I don’t hate you, hell I don’t know you. Your opinion may differ than mine however so what. My wife and I have different political opinions, I don’t care. I think you make to big a deal about politicians wanting the other to be a one termer, they are all that way, just like every athlete wants to win every game, especially against their rivals.

So they won't even try?

Obviously.

are you kidding me?

No, I'm not kidding.

I know!!!

how has that trickle down theory been working for the past 40 years? guess you, like your president tinkles..... love a golden shower.

Yup, tax cuts work every time.
But please, show Trump you mean business, keep paying the old, higher amount you owe.

Forum List

Back