Anybody else here pulling for a Cubs/Royals world series?

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
That would be a dream come true for me personally since the Royals are my favorite baseball team naturally and the Cubs are my favorite national league team so one would be assured of winning it all.:thup:

The Royals are a scrappy bunch,they never give up and they play with passion and for each other which is why they have become a contender the last couple years and why they will at least make it to the championship game.

The Blue Jays have shown they can overcome adversity coming from two games down and have been the hottest team since the all star break so that worries me.

The Cubs seem to have that same spirit and togetherness so there is an excellent chance they could meet. I know there are at least a couple here that have said they would like to see that saying that last year,who all were you again who would like to see this as well?

they both only need only one more game to make it to the championship game.The Cubs have a history of choking so they worry me especially after they needed their offense to win last night and Arrieta struggled.thats not good.

Just one more baby,you can do it.:thup:

I would like to see the Cubs and dodgers square off to make sure one of these NL teams from the NL gets there but the dodgers are toast.

as harry carrey used to always say-cubs win cubs!!!

:clap::dance:

you didnt say anything about wanting to see them face off against the royals in the world series though,does that mean you dont have a preference for who wins the american league series?

It looks like you will get your wish

Not as far as the thread title goes I havent gotten my wish but they both are indeed one step closer to getting there and its going to be tougher for them to do so. It will be a tough road for the Cubs because assuming the dodgers win tonight,the Cubs will have to beat two cy young winners in the dodgers starting rotation.Both future hall of famers.

If the Mets win tonight,their two starters are very tough pitchers to beat as well so either way it will be a taller order and more difficult task whoever wins between the dodgers and mets tonight.

and it will be tougher for the royals as well because dallas kerchal of the astros was their only obstacle against houston where the blue jays will be tougher because they have been the hottest team in baseball since the all star break so it wont be easy for either of them.

STL recent "3-straight" playoff losses to finish each season only adds to the fact new MGR is required ASAP. CHI good but STL made it easy on CUBS to move on to LA/NY.

I agree CUBS had better position players (offense/defense) but CARDS have deep squad and should have got to game 5 in STL. MM been nice to know ya.......

Looks like Cubbies are doing it!

Offense Fowler, (Swarber, Bryant, Rizzo, Soler) I would think so. SP? not 100% sure. NY/LA are proven. Defense, Cubs OK.
Would like to see the Mets in there./

unfortunately for me i think there is a very strong chance you will get that wish,the dodgers offense is pitiful.Its a joke and the pitcher of the mets tonight pitched a shutout against them last time so thats not good news for LA.

Cubs yes. Who cares about the American League with the Red Sox not in it.
Oh I dont know,just everybody across the country beside the san fran area you live in since they were all pulling for the royals to win the series.:biggrin:

strange that you live in the bay area and your a red sox fan.thats odd.

with the royals winning last night I am one step closer to having my dream matchup come true of the Cubs and Royals playing each other in the world series.:thup:

The Royals did their part last night now its the Cubs turn tonight.

Go Cubs.

As long as the Cubs are in it and win it!
Would make for amazing sports excitement!!!

Forum List

Back