Anybody else here pulling for a Cubs/Royals world series?

As long as the Cubs are in it and win it!
Would make for amazing sports excitement!!!

Unfortunately it looks like I am only going to get HALF of my wish. my Royals are going to make it back to the world series.they'll probably sweep the Blue Jays.Not looking good for the Cubs though.:banghead:

Oh well it was a long shot anyways.very seldom does a team ever go from being bad for so long with one losing season after another for so many years and them have a winning season and make it to the world series.Thats very rare. Oh well,their a young team with a promising future with a lot of young talent and will only get better.they'll be back.

As long as the Cubs are in it and win it!
Would make for amazing sports excitement!!!

Unfortunately it looks like I am only going to get HALF of my wish. my Royals are going to make it back to the world series.they'll probably sweep the Blue Jays.Not looking good for the Cubs though.:banghead:

Oh well it was a long shot anyways.very seldom does a team ever go from being bad for so long with one losing season after another for so many years and them have a winning season and make it to the world series.Thats very rare. Oh well,their a young team with a promising future with a lot of young talent and will only get better.they'll be back.

Yep, since it looks not likely for the Cubs, I will be rooting for your Royals!

Cubs yes. Who cares about the American League with the Red Sox not in it.
Oh I dont know,just everybody across the country beside the san fran area you live in since they were all pulling for the royals to win the series.:biggrin:

strange that you live in the bay area and your a red sox fan.thats odd.
Strange that you think I live in the Bay Area. I do not. I live in San Diego Co.

Cubs yes. Who cares about the American League with the Red Sox not in it.
Oh I dont know,just everybody across the country beside the san fran area you live in since they were all pulling for the royals to win the series.:biggrin:

strange that you live in the bay area and your a red sox fan.thats odd.
Strange that you think I live in the Bay Area. I do not. I live in San Diego Co.

Oh.
I thought you mentioned a long time ago you live in SF.I guess I got you mixed up with Treeshepard.He lives in the bay are closer to oakland though I believe.

that being the case,since you live right there in the heart of the SD area,got two questions for ya.
1.would you agree that SD is nicer than LA?
2.I know there are save our bolts rallies to keep the chargers in SD.are charger fans there resigned that the chargers will probably join the Rams in LA in a couple of years?

one thing the LAMESTREAM media will never mention out there is that USC is the only sports facility out there that has told the NFL they will allow them to use it next year while the new stadium is being built.

The Rose Bowl has bowed out and said no.USC has said they will allow them to play there for the next couple of years but will only allow ONE team to use it and have said the Raiders are not welcomed.

That just leaves the chargers and Rams.the athletic director there is former LA Rams quarterback Hat Haden.gee wonder who he will choose? lol

the media always wants to get ratings though so they will keep trying to make it look like they are gone after this year and deliberately withhold those facts.

I cant believe spanos would be stupid enough to move them though because the chargers would be the Clippers of LA.Always play second fiddle out there.there are far more Rams and Raider fans there.

very few Charger fans so he would have no fan support.plus polls out there in SD have shown 70% of fans would not drive up to LA to see them. Is he really that stupid to move them to a place he would be second fiddle at rather than stay where he would be top dog?:rolleyes:

here is a good audio you should listen to that talks about that,this radio guy in SD agrees with fred roggin in LA that its all a bluff by spanos.seems reasonable to me considering those facts,

Fred Roggin: “Inglewood is the preferred site for the NFL”

Its starting to look really bad now for my dream matchup of the Royals and Cubs even more so now.First the cubs take a step back losing two straight and now the royals have taken a step back as well losing last night. The Royals at least are up two to one and have home field advantage so they are in better position to make it there than the cubs.

Hopefully both the cubs and royals can both bounce back tonight.the cubs especially need to bounce back because if they dont win tonight at home,they dont have a chance in hell coming back 3 to nothing.

as always cubs fans are left same as always saying -there is always next year. I knew it was too good to be true for me to have my dream matchup of a royals/cubs world series.

Im going to be getting my dream come true next year with the Rams back in LA so that was pushing it asking to have TWO dreams come true in the same year.lol

the good thing is this cubs team is different than the ones in years past,they got three rookies in their starting lineup.to expect them to go to the world series with players that are just finding their groove developing at the big league level was asking for too much.plus teams seldom ever go to the world series in their first winning season after several years of so many other losing seasons.

even the royals after having 20 years of one losing after another didnt make it to the world series their first winning season in over two decades two years ago.:biggrin:

they are only getting better.so they'll be back.

plus the other thing thats encouraging is the reason they have turned things around after having so many losing seasons the last several years,is they are following the royals blueprint on how to develop players out of the farm system and develop a winning team.:thup::)

are the Mets in the WS?

yep.That was pretty much a foregone conclusion the Mets were going to win it when the Cubs lost their third straight to them at home.

Like i said,i never expected them to make it there THIS year,their first winning season in god knows how many years. this is the first year they have learned how to win and they got three rookies in the starting lineup.

Cubs fans really should not be dissapointed.Im not.The fact they got THIS far in their first winning season after so many years of losing seasons,is impressive as it is.:thup:

It was just unrealistic and unwise to even think they would make it to the world series THIS year. that just never happens in baseball when you have your first winning season after so many years of losing.

Did not happen with the Pirates a couple years ago or the Royals so people around here really should not be sad about it at all.Its only going to get better for the cubs.I tried to tell people around here they were not being realistic and living in a fantasy to think they would get there THIS year.

thats the same thing i was telling pirate fans around here a couple years ago as well that they were being way too greedy and unrealistic to think they would make it the world series a couple years ago when they had their first winning season in over 20 years and made it to the playoffs as a result.

I tried to tell them it was stupid to be sad about it that they did not advance to the world series.that they should have just been happy about it that they FINALLY had their first winning season in over 20 years.

seems like people around here are too greedy and dont use logic and common sense and dont want to listen to reason though setting themselves up for unnessary dissapointment.

If they used logic and common sense like I did and were just happy beyond joy to see that they finally had a winning season and so many years,they would have saved themselves from being dissapointed and walked away being happy like i am that they had a winning year.:rolleyes:

are the Mets in the WS?

yep.That was pretty much a foregone conclusion the Mets were going to win it when the Cubs lost their third straight to them at home.

Like i said,i never expected them to make it there THIS year,their first winning season in god knows how many years. this is the first year they have learned how to win and they got three rookies in the starting lineup.

Cubs fans really should not be dissapointed.Im not.The fact they got THIS far in their first winning season after so many years of losing seasons,is impressive as it is.:thup:

It was just unrealistic and unwise to even think they would make it to the world series THIS year. that just never happens in baseball when you have your first winning season after so many years of losing.

Did not happen with the Pirates a couple years ago or the Royals so people around here really should not be sad about it at all.Its only going to get better for the cubs.I tried to tell people around here they were not being realistic and living in a fantasy to think they would get there THIS year.

thats the same thing i was telling pirate fans around here a couple years ago as well that they were being way too greedy and unrealistic to think they would make it the world series a couple years ago when they had their first winning season in over 20 years and made it to the playoffs as a result.

I tried to tell them it was stupid to be sad about it that they did not advance to the world series.that they should have just been happy about it that they FINALLY had their first winning season in over 20 years.

seems like people around here are too greedy and dont use logic and common sense and dont want to listen to reason though setting themselves up for unnessary dissapointment.

If they used logic and common sense like I did and were just happy beyond joy to see that they finally had a winning season and so many years,they would have saved themselves from being dissapointed and walked away being happy like i am that they had a winning year.:rolleyes:

Sorry the Cubbies lost but I agree no reason to be disappointed.

It should be a good series.

I just hope ned yost does not cost the royals form winning it again this year.Last year he cost them from winning the series because in a game against the Giants he left their pitcher vargas in there way too long in the late innings.

The royals bats were coming alive late in the game after being dead most the game. they had two outs in a rally going and the pitcher vargas came up to bat. Yost had Billy Butler their DH available to pinch hit and he had been getting key hits for them in the playoffs. what does Yost do? he leaves Vargas in to hit and he strikes out killing the rally.

The move was idiotic because the next inning vargas could not get anybody out and they lost the game which cost them the world series because they would not have had to go to seven games had yost pinch hit for vargas.

Ned Yost is this generations whitey herzog. The royals in the 1970's won three straight division titles despite whitey herzog not because of him.

Herzog if you remember correctly,always cost the royals from beating the yankees in the playoffs all three times. the royals starting pitcher paul splittorff would be mowing them down, the yankee hitters, baffling them with his pitches.

Then herzog would of course pull him from the game and not let him finish even though it was the fifth and final game of the series and bring in a relief pitcher who would blow the game for them.their bullpen was their weakness.the starters were his best chance to win and yet he would go to the bullpen all the time.

I remember saying back then to myself as a kid-"Man if the royals would just get rid of that asshole whitey herzog they would be able to beat the yankees in the playoffs." sure enough i was right.the proof was in the pudding that herzog was the royals problem just as i said it was because once the royals FINALLY got rid of that motherfucker,the royals finally beat the yankees in three strait games no less remember?:D

so I just have a feeling that whitey herzog "err I mean ned yost" will screw it up for the royals again this year just as he did last year.:mad:

I just hope ned yost does not cost the royals form winning it again this year.Last year he cost them from winning the series because in a game against the Giants he left their pitcher vargas in there way too long in the late innings.

The royals bats were coming alive late in the game after being dead most the game. they had two outs in a rally going and the pitcher vargas came up to bat. Yost had Billy Butler their DH available to pinch hit and he had been getting key hits for them in the playoffs. what does Yost do? he leaves Vargas in to hit and he strikes out killing the rally.

The move was idiotic because the next inning vargas could not get anybody out and they lost the game which cost them the world series because they would not have had to go to seven games had yost pinch hit for vargas.

Ned Yost is this generations whitey herzog. The royals in the 1970's won three straight division titles despite whitey herzog not because of him.

Herzog if you remember correctly,always cost the royals from beating the yankees in the playoffs all three times. the royals starting pitcher paul splittorff would be mowing them down, the yankee hitters, baffling them with his pitches.

Then herzog would of course pull him from the game and not let him finish even though it was the fifth and final game of the series and bring in a relief pitcher who would blow the game for them.their bullpen was their weakness.the starters were his best chance to win and yet he would go to the bullpen all the time.

I remember saying back then to myself as a kid-"Man if the royals would just get rid of that asshole whitey herzog they would be able to beat the yankees in the playoffs." sure enough i was right.the proof was in the pudding that herzog was the royals problem just as i said it was because once the royals FINALLY got rid of that motherfucker,the royals finally beat the yankees in three strait games no less remember?:D

so I just have a feeling that whitey herzog "err I mean ned yost" will screw it up for the royals again this year just as he did last year.:mad:

Yost Herzog ? There is always one that screws things up for everyone else. Get rid of Yost and there are others standing in line waiting to be the goat.

Yost Herzog ? There is always one that screws things up for everyone else. Get rid of Yost and there are others standing in line waiting to be the goat.

see the reason the Giants have won three world series titles is because their manager Bochy makes good decisions late in games. I wish the Royals had pirates manager clint hurdle for their manager,he never would have left Vargas in there last year and they would have won the series.I know a crappy coach when I see one.:biggrin: yost is one of them.

He lost one game for the royals in the playoffs against the blue jays leaving volqez in there much longer than he should have and nearly lost another one in there as well for them leavin cueot in there much longer than he should have,the royals were not able to bail him out with the volquez one but did bail him out with his bats for the cueto decision is the only reason they are in the series cause they bailed yost out for his stupiity.a good manager like bochy of the giants or hurdle of the pirates would NEVER have made such asinine decisions like that and would have gone to the bullpen much sooner.

Forum List

Back