Any righties on the 3rd Coast wanna tell me how great oil is?

Since they haven't yet established exactly what happened, we don't know WHO was responsible - IF ANYONE. Accidents happen. It doesn't necessarily mean someone caused it.

:clap2: Brilliant. An accident without a cause. I suppose the hand of God intervened. Or are the parts in oil rigs small enough that quantum effects become significant? I'd like to see you as head of the NTSA! "Well a plane crashed, yes, but that doesn't mean there was a cause for it ... it just happened, stupid leftie!"

'someone has to be to blame for my misfortune'. You make ridiculous assumptions based on nothing other than your own 'feelings'. And you decide that the stupid fucking nonsense that other posters write about me is fact.

HOW ABSURDLY RIDICULOUS TO ASSUME THAT AN EFFECT HAD A CAUSE.'

You have yet to deny it.

And.... assuming I am a 'trust fund baby', does that make me somehow less of a decent person than you?

Of course not. It just means you don't grasp the value of hard work.

I had help when I was in college from my folks. Unlike you, I'm not ashamed of it. I didn't learn what work was worth till I got out and had to feed myself.
Or is that just you being a jealous little fool?

I think you mean "envious".

Try not to be blinded by emotion. Accidents happen. That's life. It does not necessarily mean that there is someone to 'blame'. Just as something can be serendipitous, other things can be the opposite, an unfortunate accident where no one individual, or group, or company or government or whatever is solely responsible. The state wanted the drilling, the government wanted the drilling, BP drilled, Transocean provided the platform, etc etc etc.... each probably bears some responsibility. The individuals along the coast also wanted the drilling... it's good for local business, it's good for the local economy, etc. But.... now its gone wrong, you're all ranting about it. Shit happens. And there needs to be an investigation BEFORE we hold any individual, company or group accountable for it.

Now, about this 'trust fund'. You, because some other idiot has whined about me having a trust fund, you think I need to deny it? Why? What earthly business is it of yours? I fail to see the significance of my personal circumstances to you or anyone else. Assuming I have this 'trust fund', does that make me a bad person? Does it mean I don't earn my own way in life? Do you assume that I use this 'trust fund' for my own benefit to the exclusion of anyone else? You know absolutely nothing about me, other than the stupidity of others.... yet, because you disagree with me politically, you think that gives you the right to judge me on shit you know nothing about.

Last edited:
The big picture: we are dependent on oil. Would you rather we get it from our own country or fund terrorists by buying it from the middle east?

Until we come up with a viable fuel alternative, we have no choice but drill here.

Any 3rd coasters wanna pipe up on this one? Or is it just those that have nothing at stake in this matter except the continued production of oil for their enjoyment and convenience that wanna extol on the virtues of oil?

Why is that?

Anyone who makes a comment like that can't even be taken seriously. You apparently have no comprehension of what you're talking about. Do you use fuel or energy of any kind? Do you purchase and use products from any store? Are you completely independant of society for any needs? Unless you can say no to all of those questions, you have no grounds to even make the kind of comment you did above.

So I take it by your defensive response, you have nothing at stake in this oil spill matter?

(I mean this not as a slight to 3rd coast righties - but a slight to all other
righties)

I've noticed that numerous right wingers have taken this wonderful opportunity to extol on the virtues of oil in the midst of an economic and environmental oil caused catastrophe. BTW guys, brilliant timing!

The interesting thing is I've noticed that so far no righties from the 3rd coast have done so.

Why is that?

I live close to the Gulf, and used to be stationed in Bilioxi. Not sure what relevance that has to do with the oil spill though.

But I for one think oil is great. It feeds my oil guzzling rotary sports car.

Now, I am sure that won't stop you from vilifying a 100% natural substance. Carry-on dipshit.

Any 3rd coasters wanna pipe up on this one? Or is it just those that have nothing at stake in this matter except the continued production of oil for their enjoyment and convenience that wanna extol on the virtues of oil?

Why is that?

Anyone who makes a comment like that can't even be taken seriously. You apparently have no comprehension of what you're talking about. Do you use fuel or energy of any kind? Do you purchase and use products from any store? Are you completely independant of society for any needs? Unless you can say no to all of those questions, you have no grounds to even make the kind of comment you did above.

So I take it by your defensive response, you have nothing at stake in this oil spill matter?

I noticed you have yet to answer one question about your use of oil and energy. Until you answer, you have no grounds to ask that question of others. So, let's hear it.

I noticed you have yet to answer one question about your use of oil and energy. Until you answer, you have no grounds to ask that question of others. So, let's hear it.

You are so amazingly selfish you think that I am bound to answer your question before you answer mine - even though I asked mine first.

You are so amazingly selfish you think that I am bound to answer your question before you answer mine - even though I asked mine first.

On what grounds do you have the right to ask it? Do you use oil? Yes or no?

What do you have at stake? You live in New Orleans right now? You earn your living off of the gulf?

righties)

I've noticed that numerous right wingers have taken this wonderful opportunity to extol on the virtues of oil in the midst of an economic and environmental oil caused catastrophe. BTW guys, brilliant timing!

The interesting thing is I've noticed that so far no righties from the 3rd coast have done so.

Why is that?

I live close to the Gulf, and used to be stationed in Bilioxi. Not sure what relevance that has to do with the oil spill though.

Now, I am sure that won't stop you from vilifying a 100% natural substance. Carry-on dipshit.

I haven't vilified anything except the idiots who paint everything in black and white and believe we either must give up all oil and go back to the dark ages - or - simply live with massive disasters like this as a way of life.

It couldn't possibly be more complex than that. Its not like this accident had a cause, I'm sure its just a random occurence.

I'm sure that when people first proposed that it be illegal to dump your waste oil on the ground, you would have been standing up accusing them all of being hypocrites since they use oil.

Last edited:
Hey Spidey....

I contributed to the betterment of your local economy lastnight.... 54 gallons of good ol premium unleaded went into the truck.

The 1st amendment shithead.

What do you have at stake? You live in New Orleans right now? You earn your living off of the gulf?

Fortunately for me, I do not earn my living off the Gulf. A large number of the people around me do. The restaurants in this city depend on the supply of seafood from the gulf, and if seafood prices go crazy high, some of them will no doubt have to shut down. The tourism depends on the food, music, booze, and history - this will drastically affect one of those four. The main industry in the city is tourism, so anything which affects that affects us all. Oh, yeah, and when I have kids someday, it would be great if I could take them to eat some raw gulf oysters, instead of just showing them pictures of what they looked like before they got wiped off the map.

righties)

Why is that?

I haven't vilified anything except the idiots who paint everything in black and white and believe we either must give up all oil and go back to the dark ages - or - simply live with massive disasters like this as a way of life.

It couldn't possibly be more complex than that. Its not like this accident had a cause, I'm sure its just a random occurence.

I'm sure that when people first proposed that it be illegal to dump your waste oil on the ground, you would have been standing up accusing them all of being hypocrites since they use oil.

So, how much should everyone give up? Where's the 'happy medium' that you think is available? Describe it.

The 1st amendment shithead.

Fortunately for me, I do not earn my living off the Gulf. A large number of the people around me do. The restaurants in this city depend on the supply of seafood from the gulf, and if seafood prices go crazy high, some of them will no doubt have to shut down. The tourism depends on the food, music, booze, and history - this will drastically affect one of those four. The main industry in the city is tourism, so anything which affects that affects us all. Oh, yeah, and when I have kids someday, it would be great if I could take them to eat some raw gulf oysters, instead of just showing them pictures of what they looked like before they got wiped off the map.

The question was 'Do you use oil or any products derived from oil?' Do you purchase products that were made and transported using oil? Answer the question.

So, you live in New Orleans?

I think Spidey is developing an obsession about this incident.

And if he's so troubled by the use of Oil and all it's ramifications he should get off his computer, have his electricity disconnected. Get rid of all electric applances. Buy a bicycle or a horse, plant a garden, raise chickens and other livestock, and leave the rest of us alone.

Since you like oil so much, why aren't you drinking it right now?

Went right over your head, didn't it?

And if he's so troubled by the use of Oil and all it's ramifications he should get off his computer, have his electricity disconnected. Get rid of all electric applances. Buy a bicycle or a horse, plant a garden, raise chickens and other livestock, and leave the rest of us alone.

Since you like oil so much, why aren't you drinking it right now?

Went right over your head, didn't it?

Why don't you drink some oil? Isn't it good stuff? So why not drink it?

I hope the spidey lives in a friggen cave and burns only elephant shat for fuel.

good grief.

I hope that one day you and your entire family will have to lose their livelihoods and culture so that ingrates like you can have it.

She's saying you're a fucking hypocrite...

And you are.... 100% Grade-A Fucking Hypocrite...

There it is folks...Moral equivocation...Tell us why you feel the need to trash that in which you make use of. Simple enough for you?

I hope the spidey lives in a friggen cave and burns only elephant shat for fuel.

good grief.

I hope that one day you and your entire family will have to lose their livelihoods and culture so that ingrates like you can have it.

She's saying you're a fucking hypocrite...

And you are.... 100% Grade-A Fucking Hypocrite...

Hey at least my avatar hasn't jumped the shark biatch!

house-shark1-425x240.png

There it is folks...Moral equivocation...Tell us why you feel the need to trash that in which you make use of. Simple enough for you?

:cuckoo: I often wonder whether people like you actually read any of the messages they are replying to, because without fail, you will always read something that is not there.

Forum List

Back