Any righties on the 3rd Coast wanna tell me how great oil is?

(I mean this not as a slight to 3rd coast righties - but a slight to all other
righties)

I've noticed that numerous right wingers have taken this wonderful opportunity to extol on the virtues of oil in the midst of an economic and environmental oil caused catastrophe. BTW guys, brilliant timing!

The interesting thing is I've noticed that so far no righties from the 3rd coast have done so.

Why is that?

Sadly, this is most likely going to be the knock out blow to the Gulf Coast Shrimping industry. Now Viet Nam will get the full market.

How fucking ironic is that? How many shrimpers (Other than Forrest Gump and Lt. Dan) do you suppose where getting shot at in Viet Nam only to come home and then further lose their livelyhood because of Viet Nam

Hey Spidey....

I contributed to the betterment of your local economy lastnight.... 54 gallons of good ol premium unleaded went into the truck.

You contributed to your own needs and that is all.

Actually his purchase contributed to a host of people, including the US government.

The gasoline tax he paid goes to build and maintain the roads he drives on moron. Are you saying he shouldn't have to pay for that, that people should just build roads for him for free? And the monies that go to the oil company and its employees and the refinery and the filling station - that's money he is willing to exchange for a product he needs, it isn't a charitable donation made out of benevolence.

I hope that one day you and your entire family will have to lose their livelihoods and culture so that ingrates like you can have it.

She's saying you're a fucking hypocrite...

And you are.... 100% Grade-A Fucking Hypocrite...

Hey at least my avatar hasn't jumped the shark biatch!

house-shark1-425x240.png

:lol:

Yours is pretty ghey, though...

(I mean this not as a slight to 3rd coast righties - but a slight to all other
righties)

I've noticed that numerous right wingers have taken this wonderful opportunity to extol on the virtues of oil in the midst of an economic and environmental oil caused catastrophe. BTW guys, brilliant timing!

The interesting thing is I've noticed that so far no righties from the 3rd coast have done so.

Why is that?

Sadly, this is most likely going to be the knock out blow to the Gulf Coast Shrimping industry. Now Viet Nam will get the full market.

How fucking ironic is that? How many shrimpers (Other than Forrest Gump and Lt. Dan) do you suppose where getting shot at in Viet Nam only to come home and then further lose their livelyhood because of Viet Nam

Prepare to be barraged with questions about your personal oil consumption.

A lot of conservatives like to say they're all for common sense. In response to this tragedy, to a lot of liberals it's common sense to call for more restrictive regulation....but the response I'm seeing from so many on the right is still "regulation r bad".

Why can't this be a topic where the two sides come together?

She's saying you're a fucking hypocrite...

And you are.... 100% Grade-A Fucking Hypocrite...

Hey at least my avatar hasn't jumped the shark biatch!

house-shark1-425x240.png

:lol:

Yours is pretty ghey, though...

Gay? LOL! Up until a few decades ago, if my avatar and his tribe and another Mardi Gras Indian tribe ran into each other on the street on Mardi Gras day, the result would often be serious bodily injury and even death, involving the use of not only fists but often blades.

All of this heavy violence stopped under the guidance Big Chief Tootie Montana. Now instead of actually involving themselves in combat, its more of a show of force instead of actually using it.

Prepare to be barraged with questions about your personal oil consumption.

Thanks for the warning. I haven't read through the thread, but how asinine of a point is that?

I can't be sympathetic for people who are going to be dicked over through no fault of their own because I drive a car?

If you use petrol you have to be 100% in the "drill, baby, drill!" camp?

Give me a break.

*FWIW: My position is this: I recognize that oil is a resource we can't do without. I also realize it's a finite resource. So why not sit on ours until the other countries are dry?

Last edited:
I'd think Cons would want to support the people in the Gulf region since they're mostly republican.
It'll be fun seeing a republican run on "It's not our obligation to help you".

A lot of conservatives like to say they're all for common sense. In response to this tragedy, to a lot of liberals it's common sense to call for more restrictive regulation....but the response I'm seeing from so many on the right is still "regulation r bad".

The right doesn't want to "come together" - their #1 goal is to keep America divided.

It would certainly make sense to me to halt all deep water offshore drilling for now, until safety measures can be instituted to ensure this does not happen again.

its painfully obvious to me and everyone with a brain that BP and/or one of the other companies involved simply failed to analyze the failure modes of this rig. BP has had its arms up for days like "we dunno what to do, we're going to try different things" - they had no plan at all for shutting down the well in an event like this.

You are so amazingly selfish you think that I am bound to answer your question before you answer mine - even though I asked mine first.

There it is folks...Moral equivocation...Tell us why you feel the need to trash that in which you make use of. Simple enough for you?

:cuckoo: I often wonder whether people like you actually read any of the messages they are replying to, because without fail, you will always read something that is not there.

I did. Question remains did YOU?

You contributed to your own needs and that is all.

Actually his purchase contributed to a host of people, including the US government.

The gasoline tax he paid goes to build and maintain the roads he drives on moron. Are you saying he shouldn't have to pay for that, that people should just build roads for him for free? And the monies that go to the oil company and its employees and the refinery and the filling station - that's money he is willing to exchange for a product he needs, it isn't a charitable donation made out of benevolence.

Correction, the tax pays for the road we drive on, that includes you. So his contribution helped you. You should be thanking him.

Now you're changing it from a simple contribution to a charitable contribution. :cuckoo:

Fact is, his purchase contributed to everyone involved in exploration, extraction, refining oil to distribution.

I don't know of any topic or issue where two sides or more can get together and agree, unless of course there's enough "Agreement Monies" and favors stuffed in the right places. :lol:

No amount of regulations will stop accidents from happening. That's just plain old common sense. The more regulations you make the more costly it will be to help supply this nation with oil, you'll pay higher prices at the pump and it could even force some oil companies to abandon exploring the gulf for oil altogether, while China and other countries who are not burdened by nonsensical regulations, will continue to drill. Which still puts our shores at risk for another potentially catastrophic oil spill. Common sense would tell you that, that is not a good.

Since you like oil so much, why aren't you drinking it right now?

Went right over your head, didn't it?

Why don't you drink some oil? Isn't it good stuff? So why not drink it?

I have other information for you....

A few days ago they had a night where everyone in the world was supposed to turn out their lights for an hour.

You know what I did to celebrate? I turned on every light bulb in my house, garage and shed. I also let my truck and car idle for an hour.

Until you bastards quit telling me how to live my life, I will continue to celebrate in my own way.

A few days ago they had a night where everyone in the world was supposed to turn out their lights for an hour.

You know what I did to celebrate? I turned on every light bulb in my house, garage and shed. I also let my truck and car idle for an hour.

Until you bastards quit telling me how to live my life, I will continue to celebrate in my own way.

See that's just childish and knee-jerk reactionary. Nanny nanny boo boo!

I am picturing an overgrown yard with a fence and a lot of baseballs that the neighbor kids are too afraid to try and get back.

Forum List

Back