Anti-Semitism and Zionism

TheParser

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
I have just finished a fascinating article about this topic.

I think that serious students will find it very thoughtful, even if one disagrees with the author's point of view.

I will NOT summarize his opinions, lest I accidentally misrepresent them (I am not the best reader in the world).

I do have the confidence, however, to say three things:

1. The author explains in detail how many anti-Semites actually support Zionism.

2. The author himself (a university professor in Israel) supports Palestinian rights.

3. Part of his very last sentence says: "[T]he equation between anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism must ... be rejected."

Author: Neve Gordon
Title of article: The "New Anti-Semitism"
Publication: The British liberal magazine London Review of Books, print edition of January 4, 2018.

(I assume the article is online. A computer-illiterate senior citizen, I cannot link to it.)

is this the one ?
The question today is how to preserve a notion of anti-anti-Semitism that rejects the hatred of Jews, but does not promote injustice and dispossession in Palestinian territories or anywhere else. There is a way out of the quandary. We can oppose two injustices at once. We can condemn hate speech and crimes against Jews, like the ones witnessed recently in the US, or the anti-Semitism of far-right European political parties, at the same time as we denounce Israel’s colonial project and support Palestinians in their struggle for self-determination. But in order to carry out these tasks concurrently, the equation between anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism must first be rejected.

LRB · Neve Gordon · The ‘New Anti-Semitism’

Last edited:
The fact is, though, that anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism often go together. Otherwise, why did fanger once post a video on the I/P Board of Holocaust denial (because of one charlatan on the Oprah show)?

He was wrong...because a convert synthetic Jew can never be Semitic....Only Zionist Scum like you believe in this lie

You'll be saying next that Israel is actually called ZIONAEL,you Zio's would love that,which is your aim of course,you can then throw out all non-zionist Jews

That will be the Biggest Joke of All,,,Palestine full of Convert Synthetic NON SEMITIC PEOPLE with no direct link to Abraham...Still Claiming somehow they are from this Land,,,,,WELL AS INSANE AS THIS SOUNDS.....THE ZIONIST TERRORISTS ARE HALF WAY THERE

Last edited:
He was wrong...because a convert synthetic Jew can never be Semitic....Only Zionist Scum like you believe in this lie

You'll be saying next that Israel is actually called ZIONAEL,you Zio's would love that,which is your aim of course,you can then throw out all non-zionist Jews
You are a perfect example for this topic.

Your endless attempts to delegitimize Jews because you want Jews to be gone is part of being an antisemite and anti Zionist.

You do not know or care to deal with the meaning of the two words.

Are you a Semite, someone who speaks any of the semitic languages?

You may come up with any and all of the cute attacks against Jews and what Zionism was and continues to be, but you will never be able to prove that the Jews who lived in Europe were not descendants of the Hebrews/Israelites/Judeans.

Much less....that they stole land which had never belonged to their people and came to claim sovereignty over any part of it again.

liquidator continues to liquidate anything which could be considered valid and true coming from the Arab Muslim part.

Eve IF every Ashkenazi Jews happened to not originally come from Asia Minor (Israel) you would still have to discredit all the Sepharadim and Mizrahi Jews.

That is way too much of a tall order not only for you but for all of Islam.

Am Israel Chai.

Your endless attempts to delegitimize Jews because you want Jews to be gone is part of being an antisemite and anti Zionist.

You may come up with any and all of the cute attacks against Jews and what Zionism was and continues to be, but you will never be able to prove that the Jews who lived in Europe were not descendants of the Hebrews/Israelites/Judeans.

Much less....that they stole land which had never belonged to their people and came to claim sovereignty over any part of it again.

liquidator continues to liquidate anything which could be considered valid and true coming from the Arab Muslim part.

Eve IF every Ashkenazi Jews happened to not originally come from Asia Minor (Israel) you would still have to discredit all the Sepharadim and Mizrahi Jews.

Am Israel Chai.
WRONG AGAIN....DNA has done that for us DUH

The only Semitic People are Natural born Jews and Palestinians..The LIQUIDATOR RETURNS.......TO LIQUIDATE TERRORIST ZIONIST BULLSHIT...which you and others of you aggressive possee amply portray for normal folk to see

I LOVE JEWS,JUST DETEST ZIONISM AND ZIONIST,,,Who are the curse of Real,Non-Zionist Jews......Ultras and other Jews and People throughout the world Despise Terrorist Zionists..You are minute in population but have disproportionately BIG MOUTHS

Last edited:
RE: Anti-Semitism and Zionism
※→ TheParser, et al,

Yes, as old as I am, I was still able to find it among the myriad of similarly name essays n the same topic.

lg.php

Vol. 40 No. 01 · 4 January 2018 London Review of Books | The ‘New Anti-Semitism’ | By Neve Gordon •https://www.lrb.co.uk/v40/n01/contents

1. The author explains in detail how many anti-Semites actually support Zionism.

2. The author himself (a university professor in Israel) supports Palestinian rights.

3. Part of his very last sentence says: "[T]he equation between anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism must ... be rejected."​
(COMMENT)

This association on both "Zionist" and an "anti-Semite" surfaces periodically in this discussion group, a well as aperidically on several other discussion forums I've seen.

∆ The logic of the ‘new anti-Semitism’ can be formulated as a syllogism:

i) anti-Semitism is hatred of Jews;
ii) to be Jewish is to be Zionist;
iii) therefore anti-Zionism is anti-Semitic.

The discussion appears often enough that what I thought was clear to me, is not clear anymore. In fact, I am beginning to question whether of not a sound and valid conclusion can come of any exchange that is dependent on the understanding of these terms. (But that's just me...)

The identities:
• Zionism "is identical to" Jewishness,​

What is much more clear is the summation that is divorced from these labels. While Neve Gordon mentions that the definition adopted by the current UK government offers 11 examples of anti-Semitism, the Government website says, in about 18 point font,

"The problem of antisemitism continues to be a serious one. One issue is the absence of an agreed international definition of antisemitism."​

You cannot have a sound and valid identity with antisemitism if you cannot define it. The Israelis have to define these terms (self identification); the concept of to know who you are.

On the topic of settlements, and the Administration of Area "C," there are all manner of view and compound view.

Most Respectfully,
R

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-1_8-39-6.png
    upload_2018-1-1_8-39-6.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 69

Am Israel Chai.

The only Semitic People are Natural born Jews and Palestinians..The LIQUIDATOR RETURNS.......TO LIQUIDATE TERRORIST ZIONIST BULLSHIT...which you and others of you aggressive possee amply portray for normal folk to see

I LOVE JEWS,JUST DETEST ZIONISM AND ZIONIST,,,Who are the curse of Real,Non-Zionist Jews......Ultras and other Jews and People throughout the world Despise Terrorist Zionists..You are minute in population but have disproportionately BIG MOUTHS
The only one you are continuously liquidating is yourself, but who cares.

Yes, you are going to "liquidate" 95 % of Jews who are Zionists.
And you know the meaning of that word right?

Zionism : a movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel.
Zionism: an international movement to oppose the forces arrayed against the Jewish state, something both meaningful and useful – even essential. It did not end when the state was declared; thanks to our enemies, Zionism is a continuing struggle.

In your "liquidator world" which is full of hatred for 95% of all Jews including Sepharadim and Mizrahi (all native to Israel) you believe you can make any and all "Zionists" disappear" from the world by simply doing a <mumbo jumbo presto> trick.

How cute. How fascinating.

HOW LAUGHABLE.

liquidator = another good example that antisemitism = anti zionism =
the good ol' hatred of Jews.
All of the above first courtesy of Christianity and than of Islam.

Those afflicted with all three never see what hit them.

Let us repeat:

ANTI SEMITISM = ANTI ZIONISM = HATRED OF ALL JEWS

ALL OF THEM.

※→ TheParser, et al,

Yes, as old as I am, I was still able to find it among the myriad of similarly name essays n the same topic.

lg.php

Vol. 40 No. 01 · 4 January 2018 London Review of Books | The ‘New Anti-Semitism’ | By Neve Gordon •

3. Part of his very last sentence says: "[T]he equation between anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism must ... be rejected."​
(COMMENT)

This association on both "Zionist" and an "anti-Semite" surfaces periodically in this discussion group, a well as aperidically on several other discussion forums I've seen.

The discussion appears often enough that what I thought was clear to me, is not clear anymore. In fact, I am beginning to question whether of not a sound and valid conclusion can come of any exchange that is dependent on the understanding of these terms. (But that's just me...)

The identities:

What is much more clear is the summation that is divorced from these labels. While Neve Gordon mentions that the definition adopted by the current UK government offers 11 examples of anti-Semitism, the Government website says, in about 18 point font,

"The problem of antisemitism continues to be a serious one. One issue is the absence of an agreed international definition of antisemitism."​

You cannot have a sound and valid identity with antisemitism if you cannot define it. The Israelis have to define these terms (self identification); the concept of to know who you are.

On the topic of settlements, and the Administration of Area "C," there are all manner of view and compound view.

Most Respectfully,
R
Really Rocco,,,,Stop Now...TO BE JEWISH IS TO BE A ZIONIST...IS UTTER RUBBISH AND A LIE

※→ TheParser, et al,

lg.php

Vol. 40 No. 01 · 4 January 2018 London Review of Books | The ‘New Anti-Semitism’ | By Neve Gordon •

(COMMENT)

The identities:

Most Respectfully,
R
Really Rocco,,,,Stop Now...TO BE JEWISH IS TO BE A ZIONIST...IS UTTER RUBBISH AND A LIE
And your proof of that lie is .....where?

One of the rules....which you do not seem to care about is....

Stop using mainly capital letters. It denominates yelling all the time, and total disrespect for the other posters.

The fact is, though, that anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism often go together. Otherwise, why did fanger once post a video on the I/P Board of Holocaust denial (because of one charlatan on the Oprah show)?
“Some events do take place but are not true; others are [true],although they never occurred.”

Am Israel Chai.

The only one you are continuously liquidating is yourself, but who cares.

Yes, you are going to "liquidate" 95 % of Jews who are Zionists.
And you know the meaning of that word right?

Zionism : a movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel.
Zionism: an international movement to oppose the forces arrayed against the Jewish state, something both meaningful and useful – even essential. It did not end when the state was declared; thanks to our enemies, Zionism is a continuing struggle.

In your "liquidator world" which is full of hatred for 95% of all Jews including Sepharadim and Mizrahi (all native to Israel) you believe you can make any and all "Zionists" disappear" from the world by simply doing a <mumbo jumbo presto> trick.

How cute. How fascinating.

HOW LAUGHABLE.

liquidator = another good example that antisemitism = anti zionism =
the good ol' hatred of Jews.
All of the above first courtesy of Christianity and than of Islam.

Those afflicted with all three never see what hit them.

Let us repeat:

ANTI SEMITISM = ANTI ZIONISM = HATRED OF ALL JEWS

ALL OF THEM.
NO ZIONISM IS A CULT INVENTED IN THE LATE 1880's by a GAY,ATHIEST, NON SEMITIC JEW...FACT

Your whole summation is a Zionist Lie,you Zionists just cannot help yourselves from lying every time your mouth opens

The Trouble with Zionists is that they Hate Themselves...........but Blame everyone else for their GUILT which they have consumed themselves,,,rightly so

※→ TheParser, et al,

lg.php

(COMMENT)

The identities:

Most Respectfully,
R
And your proof of that lie is .....where?

One of the rules....which you do not seem to care about is....

Stop using mainly capital letters. It denominates yelling all the time, and total disrespect for the other posters.
NO,CAPITALS FOR EMPHASIS where I'm from....hardly disrespectful...Stop speaking for others...You have NO AUTHORITY

※→ theliq, et al,

I'm not sure what is obvious and what is obscured.

(OBSERVATION)

ψ "Jewish" is a religious term. ( A relationship between Man and the Supreme Being.")

ψ "Zionist" is a political term. [ The establishment and preservation of the Jewish National Home (Israel) and the protection of it people.]​

That is how I observe it today.

Most Respectfully,
R

※→ theliq, et al,

(OBSERVATION)

ψ "Jewish" is a religious term. ( A relationship between Man and the Supreme Being.")

ψ "Zionist" is a political term. [ The establishment and preservation of the Jewish National Home (Israel) and the protection of it people.]​

Most Respectfully,
R
Really !!!!!!!!!!!! But you forgot Zionism equals Terrorism...WHY

※→ theliq, et al,

(OBSERVATION)

Most Respectfully,
R
Really !!!!!!!!!!!! But you forgot Zionism equals Terrorism...WHY
You are not discussing, only making accusations.

You are an antisemite who is clearly an anti zionist because you not only do not understand who is who and what is what, you seem to want the world to be as you say it is or should be.

The Jews = Zionists are terrorists?

Are the Kurds also terrorists?

What other people defending their homeland from the attacks of those who keep trying to conquer their land and kill them all would be considered terrorists?

Your only answer is : The Zionists. They are not Jews. They do not belong on the land.

Accusing, alleging all of these things does not make them true and Israel will never live by these endless lies.

Israel will continue to be and to defend itself and its population, all of them, because that is the right the Jewish people earned legally 100 years ago.

The real question is: Why have you ever bought into the allegations that Zionism equals terrorism.

If you can ever figure it out, it will be one more step towards to putting an end to anti semitism.

Good luck, and happy new year in your new search.

※→ TheParser, et al,

lg.php

(COMMENT)

The identities:

Most Respectfully,
R
Yet another antisemite chimes in.

Last edited:
“Some events do take place but are not true; others are [true],although they never occurred.”
And how true is it that Mohammad's spirit flew to the Al Aqsa Mosque, when there is no reference to it whatsoever.

Forum List

Back