Anti-semitic EU and UN

I am from around here, and you didn't answer my question. If we did become a Christian state, why would we be wrong and Israel right?

If we didn't have the Establishment Clause so many things would be diffrent that its impossible to draw a parallel. I don't see an issue with the UK being an Anglican state, Sweden being a Lutheran state or Spain being a Catholic state.

And most Islamic countries have a really bad habit of not protecting religious freedom.
Actually, the reverse is true.

Muslim countries are known for protecting people of other religions.

Read your history books. The Jews did far better under Islamic rule, than Christian or any other rulers.

Last edited:
If we didn't have the Establishment Clause so many things would be diffrent that its impossible to draw a parallel. I don't see an issue with the UK being an Anglican state, Sweden being a Lutheran state or Spain being a Catholic state.

I think that, even if we didn't have the establishment clause, Americans would be screaming bloody murder about being in a Christian state. Why is Israel called so many times "the Jewish state?" We never hear Spain called the catholic state.

Read your history books. The Jews did far better under Islamic rule, than Christian or any other rulers.

Yeah. Iran does an excellent job protecting people's religious freedoms, as does Saudi Arabia. :cuckoo:

I think that, even if we didn't have the establishment clause, Americans would be screaming bloody murder about being in a Christian state. Why is Israel called so many times "the Jewish state?" We never hear Spain called the catholic state.

Because in most cases the Religion of the state is not Jewish, Isreal is the only State with Judism as its state religion, there are a lot of Catholic, Lutheran and Anglican States.

If somone referred to Spain as "The Catholic State" they could be talking about Mexico, or Argentina as well.

It's so basic and so simple that people refuse to accept it. It's a Jewish state because God gave that exact land to the Jews. Period.

Kind of, the Ottoman Empire was very tollerant of the diffrent religions practiced within it. Thats one of the reasons it lasted so long. Muslims were tolerant of Christians and Jews untill the Crusades as well, we (as a person or northern European decent) realy f'd them over on that one. Should have left well enough alone.

Kind of, the Ottoman Empire was very tollerant of the diffrent religions practiced within it. Thats one of the reasons it lasted so long. Muslims were tolerant of Christians and Jews untill the Crusades as well, we (as a person or northern European decent) realy f'd them over on that one. Should have left well enough alone.
The Muslims ruled Spain even after the Crusades.

During those several hundred years the Jews flurished and had an intellectual rennisance under the protection of the Muslims.

That is untill the Christians took over and expelled all of the Jews.

The Muslims ruled Spain even after the Crusades.

During those several hundred years the Jews flurished and had an intellectual rennisance under the protection of the Muslims.

That is untill the Christians took over and expelled all of the Jews.

I know, the Muslim word was a bastion of tollerance and intelectual persuit while Europeans were running around burning witches for causing the Plague. No doubt about it, mutch beter to be a Jew under the Moors than the Inquisition.:eusa_whistle:

those states weren't CARVED out of a standing population of palistinians.

Once again - a palestinian was a Jew up until 1967. I don't tend to buy into the terrorist Arafat's words and definitions when I look at the world. So a Palestinian is a Jew according to the 1920 Mandate for Jewish Palestine. That the only time in the entire history of Palestine since the 300s when Palestine was created that the area had official borders, had an official people, an official religion and an official language. The people were Jewish, the religion was Jewish and the language was Hebrew. To say Israel was "carved" out of Palestine is completely infactual. It was Arab-Palestine that existed for a very short while that was carved out of Jewish Palestine. It was Arab Trans-Jordan that was carved out of Jewish Palestine.

Arabs didn't live in the territorial area known as Palestine under the Ottoman Empire. In fact, only a very sparse Jewish population lived around Jersualem and Tel Aviv during Ottoman rule. Jews were either exiled or tortured and beaten by the Ottomans. If you'll remember, Ottomans and Arabs hated each other for centuries.

ANY "official" religion is no better than iran's offical dogma. indeed, israel is a jewish state exactly how south africa used to be a "white" state. When you can make a point defending israel without having to deflect criticism, typical really, at muslims then maybe you'll have an argument that doesn't echo of the last time Aryans felt the same way about their claimed nations. After all, I'm willing to bet you won't leap onto the "America, which was created by white europeans, should be a white christian nation" bandwagon. Which is quite indicative.

Methinks you should read your current world history. America is, I think, the only country, with maybe a few exceptions, that does not have an official religion. There are 23-24 countries in which Islam is the official religion, probably over 100 countries in which Christianity or an off-shoot of Christianity is the official religion, several countries where Buddhism is the official religion... there is only ONE country, ONE tiny little country the size of New Jersey that has an official religion of Judaism and that's Israel. Is one tiny country, that has belonged to the Jews since Abraham's immigration into Canaan nearly 5000 years ago so much to ask for?

Forum List

Back