Another Week on the Front Lines of the Race Wars

“Asians: The Republican User’s Guide” (1993, 3rd edition) has, so far as I know, never been written, but it is not hard to guess some of what would go in it:

Introduction:

The purpose of the Republican Party is to pass laws that benefit the rich and block those that hurt their interests. This is done in part by:

1. Winning office.
  2. Slowing change in society and keeping taxes low.
  3. Maintaining a strong defence.
Take each in turn:

Chapter 1: Winning Office: Demographics

Key fact: White voters outnumber Asian voters 24 to 1.

That means:

1. Asian opinion hardly matters. Even opinion polls often leave them out.
  2. There are way more votes to be had by appealing to anti-Asian racism than to Asians.
But – and this is the tricky part – you must appeal to anti-Asian racism without seeming to be racist.

One way is to oppose immigration reform. It appeals to White racists while also slowing down the demographic changes that weaken the voting power of the Republican base.

For more racist talking points, read on:

Chapter 2: Low Taxes, Slow Change: The Model Minority stereotype

Stereotype Asian Americans as the opposite of stereotyped Blacks: Asians as hard-working, law-abiding, family-oriented, quiet, well-educated, intelligent, etc. Choose and twist facts to show that Asians are more successful than even Whites. For example, talk about “household income” and bachelor degrees but not poverty rates or social mobility.

This makes it seem like racism is not what is holding Black people back, that there is something wrong with Blacks themselves, like bad values or bad parenting.

That means there is little the government can do about it. Therefore there is no need for political reforms or higher taxes. America is fine just the way it is!

Some Asians think the Model Minority stereotype is itself racist. How can a good stereotype possibly be racist? Besides, there are not enough Asian votes for their opinion to matter (see Chapter 1).

Chapter 3: Maintaining a Strong Defence: Anti-Asianism

To maintain a war machine twice the size of those of Russia, China and India put together, to create customer demand for its weapons, the US must:

1. Keep the Middle East ever on edge.
  2. Fight frequent wars (two parts imperialism, one part trade show).
  3. Imagine a worldwide military threat.
The first one has the added advantage of increasing oil company profits while giving the US an excuse to keep its military in the Persian Gulf, “safeguarding” the flow of oil.

This is close to Orwell’s idea of permanent war.

After the fall of the Soviet Union, the US needed a new enemy. Anti-Asianism readily supplied two:

• Yellow Peril thinking: The Rise of China,
  • Islamophobia: “Muslim” terrorists.
“Muslim” terrorism is the better fit for the needs of the US defence and oil industries. To paraphrase Voltaire, if ISIS did not exist, it would be necessary for the US to invent it.

Meanwhile, the Yellow Peril waits in the wings should the need arise – trade war, cold war or hot war with China.

“Asians: The Republican User’s Guide” (1993, 3rd edition) has, so far as I know, never been written, but it is not hard to guess some of what would go in it:

Introduction:

The purpose of the Republican Party is to pass laws that benefit the rich and block those that hurt their interests. This is done in part by:

1. Winning office.
  2. Slowing change in society and keeping taxes low.
  3. Maintaining a strong defence.
Take each in turn:

Chapter 1: Winning Office: Demographics

Key fact: White voters outnumber Asian voters 24 to 1.

That means:

1. Asian opinion hardly matters. Even opinion polls often leave them out.
  2. There are way more votes to be had by appealing to anti-Asian racism than to Asians.
But – and this is the tricky part – you must appeal to anti-Asian racism without seeming to be racist.

One way is to oppose immigration reform. It appeals to White racists while also slowing down the demographic changes that weaken the voting power of the Republican base.

For more racist talking points, read on:

Chapter 2: Low Taxes, Slow Change: The Model Minority stereotype

Stereotype Asian Americans as the opposite of stereotyped Blacks: Asians as hard-working, law-abiding, family-oriented, quiet, well-educated, intelligent, etc. Choose and twist facts to show that Asians are more successful than even Whites. For example, talk about “household income” and bachelor degrees but not poverty rates or social mobility.

This makes it seem like racism is not what is holding Black people back, that there is something wrong with Blacks themselves, like bad values or bad parenting.

That means there is little the government can do about it. Therefore there is no need for political reforms or higher taxes. America is fine just the way it is!

Some Asians think the Model Minority stereotype is itself racist. How can a good stereotype possibly be racist? Besides, there are not enough Asian votes for their opinion to matter (see Chapter 1).

Chapter 3: Maintaining a Strong Defence: Anti-Asianism

To maintain a war machine twice the size of those of Russia, China and India put together, to create customer demand for its weapons, the US must:

1. Keep the Middle East ever on edge.
  2. Fight frequent wars (two parts imperialism, one part trade show).
  3. Imagine a worldwide military threat.
The first one has the added advantage of increasing oil company profits while giving the US an excuse to keep its military in the Persian Gulf, “safeguarding” the flow of oil.

This is close to Orwell’s idea of permanent war.

After the fall of the Soviet Union, the US needed a new enemy. Anti-Asianism readily supplied two:

• Yellow Peril thinking: The Rise of China,
  • Islamophobia: “Muslim” terrorists.
“Muslim” terrorism is the better fit for the needs of the US defence and oil industries. To paraphrase Voltaire, if ISIS did not exist, it would be necessary for the US to invent it.

Meanwhile, the Yellow Peril waits in the wings should the need arise – trade war, cold war or hot war with China.
So you don't like zipperheads also?

Yup, another week of interacting with people of ALL races all day, every day, in many ways, and not a sign of any of the shit-flinging that has become the sole activity on this ruined waste of a subforum. The sorry sons of bitches of all 'races' who have completely fucked up this forum are on notice that they are the problem and that normal Americans of all 'races' have largely left you behind.
I would have agreed with you until recently. After the Starbucks thing I’ve noticed blacks are a little more standoffish and I’ll admit if the black lady at speedway says I gave her the wrong pump number it’s yes ma’am and on my way.

Today this white woman honked at a black guy and he said something like “oh you got something to say bitch? So inappropriate. But I won’t mess with black people anymore. As a white man you’ll come off as a racist even if race has nothing to do with it.

No one is forcing you to be insecure.
I’m just debunking your premise. I’m sensing hostility from blacks. Either that or those people were just being their typical selves.

Are you suggesting blacks being abused harassed and wrongfully shot by cops and then always found not guilty isn’t bothering black people around you?

Do you think you are reading people right? You don’t strike me as a particularly perceptive person. You probably don’t realize lots of people don’t like you. So you think those are the usual angry stares.

And if you know black people intimately they’re not the ones who I’m talking about. I’m talking about the casual strangers. Yesterday the white lady just honked at the black guy. Not a reason to scream bitch out your car. I saw the whole thing. I don’t know for sure but can’t help wonder why the guy was so wound up.

And it’s the same tim hortons where a black woman took cuts in the drive thru, was a bitch and then backed into my car on purpose because she couldn’t take it when I flipped her off, after she flipped me off first. Blacks can dish but can’t take it.

And now I won’t dish anymore. From now on they’ll get my fake distant politeness. Want to take cuts? Go right ahead. Consider it my reparations to you.
I think that people are sort of like lie detectors they certainly feel anomosity from body language. If you are fearfull of another race they will pick it up and there will be tension. I live in an urban area where I deal with a large number of races from a day to day basis. In most cases my dealings are freindly, only in rare cases do I see race tension and that is normaly from people that are already upset. A big thing I have noticed about all races is that if they are already upset they sure love company!

Yup, another week of interacting with people of ALL races all day, every day, in many ways, and not a sign of any of the shit-flinging that has become the sole activity on this ruined waste of a subforum. The sorry sons of bitches of all 'races' who have completely fucked up this forum are on notice that they are the problem and that normal Americans of all 'races' have largely left you behind.
I would have agreed with you until recently. After the Starbucks thing I’ve noticed blacks are a little more standoffish and I’ll admit if the black lady at speedway says I gave her the wrong pump number it’s yes ma’am and on my way.

Today this white woman honked at a black guy and he said something like “oh you got something to say bitch? So inappropriate. But I won’t mess with black people anymore. As a white man you’ll come off as a racist even if race has nothing to do with it.

No one is forcing you to be insecure.
I’m just debunking your premise. I’m sensing hostility from blacks. Either that or those people were just being their typical selves.

Are you suggesting blacks being abused harassed and wrongfully shot by cops and then always found not guilty isn’t bothering black people around you?

Do you think you are reading people right? You don’t strike me as a particularly perceptive person. You probably don’t realize lots of people don’t like you. So you think those are the usual angry stares.

And if you know black people intimately they’re not the ones who I’m talking about. I’m talking about the casual strangers. Yesterday the white lady just honked at the black guy. Not a reason to scream bitch out your car. I saw the whole thing. I don’t know for sure but can’t help wonder why the guy was so wound up.

And it’s the same tim hortons where a black woman took cuts in the drive thru, was a bitch and then backed into my car on purpose because she couldn’t take it when I flipped her off, after she flipped me off first. Blacks can dish but can’t take it.

And now I won’t dish anymore. From now on they’ll get my fake distant politeness. Want to take cuts? Go right ahead. Consider it my reparations to you.
I think that people are sort of like lie detectors they certainly feel anomosity from body language. If you are fearfull of another race they will pick it up and there will be tension. I live in an urban area where I deal with a large number of races from a day to day basis. In most cases my dealings are freindly, only in rare cases do I see race tension and that is normaly from people that are already upset. A big thing I have noticed about all races is that if they are already upset they sure love company!

Apparently you are white.

Apple-pie America is that part of America where nearly everyone is white and well-off, happy and innocent. The bad in the world always seems to be somewhere else – in a bad part of town, in a bad part of the world, in a bad part of history. Always there, never here. And when on occasion it is here, like with 9/11, then it is because madmen from somewhere else are behind it.

Its golden age was in the 1950s. From about 1955 to 1975, the civil rights movement, the Vietnam war and Watergate destroyed the faith of many. But now that most Americans are too young to remember those things, apple-pie America is making a comeback.

Judging from Obama’s speech on race in March 2008, most Americans seem to believe in it.

To see if you live in apple-pie America, take this simple true/false test (for Americans only):

1. America has done some bad things in the past, but it has got past all that.
  2. America makes mistakes, but it is well-meaning, not evil.
  3. Before the war in Iraq, Bush believed Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.
  4. I am not racist.
  5. I pretty much believe what I read in the newspapers or hear on the news.
  6. I trust the police.
  7. Most poor people are black.
  8. People are poor mainly because they are unwilling to work hard and better themselves.
  9. People overseas hate America for no good reason.
  10. People say bad things about America because they hate it.
Your score: Count the number of true statements: ten times that number is the probability that you live in apple-pie America.

If you do, then you are suffering from what is called moral blindness. You are like the daughter of a crimelord or a slaveowner: you want to enjoy the wealth and power but not think too much about where it comes from.

America is rich and powerful for some good and honest reasons, like market forces, as well as plain luck, but also for some bad and evil ones. That is why people from overseas hate America so much. That is why some of them felt the need to give their lives to knock down the Twin Towers in New York. Do not fool yourself.

Most black Americans do not seem to believe in apple-pie America, much less live there. Their forefathers came to the country as slaves and they see how white people are still acting. They are not fooled.

But most white Americans do seem to believe in it, whether they live there or not.

Do you honestly think you, of all people, Are qualified to judge moral blindness or clarity? If so, why? Because of the color of your skin? You know what that sounds like, right?

Do you condemn how trump is doing a lot for the white racist vote? ...?

By supporting that lie, you are doing the most important step in constantly inflaming the racial tension and animosity that you are talking about.

ie, supporting the lie that a majority of whites are racist and/or support racists in their attempts to oppress blacks.
No I said trump is purposely doing things to make the alt right happy. He needs them to get re elected

Depends what you mean by Alt Right.

IF you include the most broad, category, say, including Paleo conservatives, then yes, you are correct, he needs them and there is nothing wrong with him serving the interests of his supporters.

IF you are incorrectly using it as "white nationalists" or some such bullshit, then you are wrong.

AND, as I said.

By supporting that lie, you are doing the most important step in constantly inflaming the racial tension and animosity that you are talking about.

ie, supporting the lie that a majority of whites are racist and/or support racists in their attempts to oppress blacks.
Unkotare is following me now. Why? That’s creepy unkotard

YOu are actually demonstrating some independent thought. That's interesting.

And rare.
This guy posted that at least 8 white nationalists are running for office. I know you make some clever arguments why it’s not racist to be a white nationalist but why would anyone other than white nationalists vote for them?

It seems like a lot of non white nationalists voted for trump. I really didn’t think hillary was such a bad candidate. The fake right wing news and Russia really did a number on independents. Trump even conned unions into voting for him. Teachers too. He’ll, how many blacks bought that what have you got to lose line?

Got to hand it to trump he really pulled off a miracle. But the timing was perfect too. After 8 years of democrats in the White House the American people forgot how bad republicans are. They fucked up after Clinton and again after obama. Hopefully we run someone good in 20. I wish I knew who that was going to be

Do you honestly think you, of all people, Are qualified to judge moral blindness or clarity? If so, why? Because of the color of your skin? You know what that sounds like, right?

I'm pointing things out whites never admit. You try real hard to make me what I am not. You go to the extent of trying to make shit up you're so desperate to make me the racist you think I am. You're a punk with no mind unable to think for yourself. That's all you are. So the day you see me say or imply that blacks are superior instead of you being such a dumb fuck to think that me pointing out things whites do is the same thing then come talk to me about my racism.

No I said trump is purposely doing things to make the alt right happy. He needs them to get re elected

IF you include the most broad, category, say, including Paleo conservatives, then yes, you are correct, he needs them and there is nothing wrong with him serving the interests of his supporters.

IF you are incorrectly using it as "white nationalists" or some such bullshit, then you are wrong.

AND, as I said.

And rare.
This guy posted that at least 8 white nationalists are running for office. I know you make some clever arguments why it’s not racist to be a white nationalist but why would anyone other than white nationalists vote for them?

It seems like a lot of non white nationalists voted for trump. I really didn’t think hillary was such a bad candidate. The fake right wing news and Russia really did a number on independents. Trump even conned unions into voting for him. Teachers too. He’ll, how many blacks bought that what have you got to lose line?

Got to hand it to trump he really pulled off a miracle. But the timing was perfect too. After 8 years of democrats in the White House the American people forgot how bad republicans are. They fucked up after Clinton and again after obama. Hopefully we run someone good in 20. I wish I knew who that was going to be

8 percent of all blacks voting voted for Trump. 88 percent voted for Hillary, That's more than her husband got both times. White are the ones who fell for the con. The so called "forgotten whites" and 'silent majority" So keep blacks out of this. White Democrats are looking at blacks to blame when they are the dumb asses who felt they just had to woo the racist white rural vote.

Hillary is the one who punked out when she called Trump supporters deplorables then apologized to a bunch of people who weren't going to vote for her ass no matter what. Young stupid whites fell for Sanders lies, and young dumb ass blacks blamed her for the crime bill that Sanders voted for. Van Jones spoke to it on election night, this was a whitelash. Whites were angry because a black man won and those same racists were not going to be ruled by a woman after the n word had done it. So they elected a white dude. Now that's putting what happened in plain English but whites in the democratic party still don't want to see how this was the case.

AND, as I said.

And rare.

8 percent of all blacks voting voted for Trump. 88 percent voted for Hillary, That's more than her husband got both times. White are the ones who fell for the con. The so called "forgotten whites" and 'silent majority" So keep blacks out of this. White Democrats are looking at blacks to blame when they are the dumb asses who felt they just had to woo the racist white rural vote.

Hillary is the one who punked out when she called Trump supporters deplorables then apologized to a bunch of people who weren't going to vote for her ass no matter what. Young stupid whites fell for Sanders lies, and young dumb ass blacks blamed her for the crime bill that Sanders voted for. Van Jones spoke to it on election night, this was a whitelash. Whites were angry because a black man won and those same racists were not going to be ruled by a woman after the n word had done it. So they elected a white dude. Now that's putting what happened in plain English but whites in the democratic party still don't want to see how this was the case.
Agreed except I don’t think the whites who voted for obama and trump were not racist just stupid.

Maybe they liked his talk about immigration. I did. Not enough to vote for him but I see what the attraction was.

Plus hillary never campaigned in Minnesota Michigan or Pennsylvania the stupid bitch

AND, as I said.

And rare.

Agreed except I don’t think the whites who voted for obama and trump were not racist just stupid.

Maybe they liked his talk about immigration. I did. Not enough to vote for him but I see what the attraction was.

Plus hillary never campaigned in Minnesota Michigan or Pennsylvania the stupid bitch

His immigration stance was racist. So if these people voted for Trump knowing he was a racist, what does that make them? Whites are just going to ignore the racism just because he says one or two things they like? That's fucked up.

AND, as I said.

And rare.

For racists, everything is about race.

And rare.

His immigration stance was racist. ...

How?

OMG...you mean to tell me a white woman honked at a black guy and his eyes didn't budge out his head and he didn't propose? Stop the press!!

Listen, Donald Trump is the monster of hatred, GOP conservatives, Fox news and other conservative venues have been creating for decades. The majority of whites love this guy and just as blacks have to carry the mantle for every nigga thats committed a wrong in life, so must the good white bear that burden also. Cause you never know...I'm still shocked over that fat white bitch Rossanne, never knew this bitch hated my black ass....

I'm pointing things out whites never admit. You try real hard to make me what I am not. ....

YOU try really hard to make what you are obvious, racist.

I'm pointing things out whites never admit. ...the day you see me say or imply that blacks are superior ...come talk to me about my racism.

That’s every day, so talk.

I'm pointing things out whites never admit. ...the day you see me say or imply that blacks are superior ...come talk to me about my racism.

That’s every day, so talk.
You first

I'm pointing things out whites never admit. You try real hard to make me what I am not. ....

YOU try really hard to make what you are obvious, racist.

A black guy pointing out how when and why White America is racist does not make the black man a racist.

A white guy who argues, denies and defends whites? Now he's a racist. Or he's one of those cowards who provides the racists cover. For example in pre civil war times you may not have owned a slave because you were too poor to own one. That doesn't make you a good person. I just makes you a broke ass white racist.

Oh, and I'm paying CASH for my $26K pontoon boat tomorrow. That's like half your years salary right? Don't tell me an inner city public school teacher makes more than $52K a year. At best you make $76K so the boat is 1/3 your entire year salary.

Can you afford to run the AC this summer? LOL. What are you doing this summer? Are you taking the family to Wally World? LOL

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back