Another Victim Shot By A Trigger Happy Homeowner

"A 65-year-old man has been charged with second-degree murder after he allegedly shot and killed a 20-year-old Saratoga County woman Saturday evening after the car she was in mistakenly drove up the man’s driveway. Washington County Sheriff Jeffrey Murphy said Monday that Kaylin A. Gillis was in a car with three other people Saturday night looking for a friend’s house. Murphy said the group mistakenly drove up to a house on Patterson Hill Road, as they attempted to turn the car around, the sheriff said, Kevin D. Monahan came out on his porch and fired two shots, one of which hit Gillis while she was seated in the car. No one from the group had left the car or tried to enter Monahan's house before he came out and opened fire, Murphy said.

Murphy said when officers arrived, Monahan would not emerge. Authorities spoke with him through a 911 dispatcher and in-person for about an hour before he was taken into custody. The sheriff said it was an "administrative decision" to send Monahan to the Warren County jail. Public records indicate Gillis' father is a correction officer at the Washington County jail. The shooting comes days after a 16-year-old Kansas City boy was shot and injured after he rang the bell at the wrong house to pick up his siblings."

I do not know why this guy felt compelled to come out shooting just because a car was backing out of his driveway; that is hardly a stand-your-ground justification. Maybe it would benefit gun owners to brush up on the laws in their state before they just assume castle doctrine laws means they can kill anyone at will as long as they claim "I was trying to protect my home".

As the story mentioned, this was days after Ralph Yarl was shot in the face thru the door by one overly trigger happy homeowner; and then shot him again.....but thankfully, Ralph survived and looks to be able to make a full recovery. Unfortunately, Kaylin's life was robbed from her because of another trigger happy homeowner..... but that guy was arrested right away....hopefully Ralph and his family will get to see the guy who tried to rob him of his life, arrested and be made to account for what he did too.
Why is it when you make a thread about a white victim, you drop your Steven Colbert schtick?

The conservatives want to live in a stone age religious shit hole that literally has no value on life and everyone has a right to blow each others heads off. Pretty sick and insane shit.

Not as sick as disarming the public so that the criminals could blow our heads off with no ability to stop it.

WTF did you get those figures 9 out of 10 times the shootings weren't justified. Most all of them are justified.
That's what you would like for us to believe.
The Constitution give the savages the right to protest, but the Constitution doesn't give them the right to threaten the lives of police officers or their families.
Savages? Why don't you just use the word you do when you are with your hooded friends.
That's why nobody wants to be a cop any longer. Like I said, Satan is taking over this country with the likes of people like you. And if you believe it was Satan that founded this country, when are you going to pack your bags and leave already?
They don't want to be cops anymore, because they are afraid they will now be held accountable for their misconduct. Why do I need to pack my bags and go anywhere? I am pretty damn sure I have done more and contributed just as much if not more to this country than you have. Funny how a damn slum lord who hates black folks doesn't pack up his bags and move.
In the civilized world we have a justice system. There is no reason to protest our justice system when it actually works the way it was designed to work.
True, it was designed in favor of white men and designed to lock up black men. So I guess it's working just great.

People who have a disproportionate problem with laws don’t want there to be any nor enforced.

The Gov't allowed ALL the atrocities to go on that happened to black folks in this country and many of them were even Law, so you can GFY, fuck boy.

The government wasn't paying attention dumbshit. And the terrible acts were done 8 generations ago.

YOU never suffered. YOUR dad never suffered.

YOU, are a whiney sniveling bitch, begging for handouts.

Grow up.

The government wasn't paying attention dumbshit. And the terrible acts were done 8 generations ago.

Grow up.
You ignorant, racist POS, my dad was born in 1928 in back water GA, I was the youngest of my siblings and came up in the late 50s early 60s in NC. So cocksucka don't try and tell me that my family doesn't know about the Jim Crow South. See you are just the typical ignorant, racist bitch that thinks black folks just have it so grand in this country.

That's what you would like for us to believe.

Savages? Why don't you just use the word you do when you are with your hooded friends.

They don't want to be cops anymore, because they are afraid they will now be held accountable for their misconduct. Why do I need to pack my bags and go anywhere? I am pretty damn sure I have done more and contributed just as much if not more to this country than you have. Funny how a damn slum lord who hates black folks doesn't pack up his bags and move.

True, it was designed in favor of white men and designed to lock up black men. So I guess it's working just great.

I swear you must have nightmares every night. I don't want to leave my county because I believe it's the greatest country in the world, not the worst like you do.

The problem with the savages is they will start trouble if they don't like the outcome of a trial, not if it was fair or not, not if any laws were broken or not. That's why nobody wants a job like that. They don't want to be a target by a group of uneducated morons that don't have a clue as to what our laws are or our justice system. But we're not about to change our system to jungle laws. We will remain civilized with laws written in stone.

I swear you must have nightmares every night. I don't want to leave my county because I believe it's the greatest country in the world, not the worst like you do.
That's just it numb nuts, it's my country to and I want to be treated in the same manner as you are. Unfortunately we don't get the privileges that you do, because we aren't white.
The problem with the savages is they will start trouble if they don't like the outcome of a trial, not if it was fair or not, not if any laws were broken or not.
Who are these savages you speak of?
That's why nobody wants a job like that. They don't want to be a target by a group of uneducated morons that don't have a clue as to what our laws are or our justice system.
Who are these uneducated morons you speak of? See where you fall short is that is has been proven over and over again that there are 2 Justice Systems in this country and you just want us to accept that bullshit.
But we're not about to change our system to jungle laws. We will remain civilized with laws written in stone.
Explain to us what Jungle Laws is JB Stoner. Were your laws civilized when your great, great, great grandfathers were raping black men and women, cutting off their limbs and torturing them. Were your Laws civilized when you were lynching black men, women and children and taking pictures and making post cards from it. Are they laws civilized when you are unjustly putting black folks in prison for crimes they didn't commit. Tell me you racist POS how civilized was that.

That's just it numb nuts, it's my country to and I want to be treated in the same manner as you are. Unfortunately we don't get the privileges that you do, because we aren't white.

Who are these savages you speak of?

Who are these uneducated morons you speak of? See where you fall short is that is has been proven over and over again that there are 2 Justice Systems in this country and you just want us to accept that bullshit.

Explain to us what Jungle Laws is JB Stoner. Were your laws civilized when your great, great, great grandfathers were raping black men and women, cutting off their limbs and torturing them. Were your Laws civilized when you were lynching black men, women and children and taking pictures and making post cards from it. Are they laws civilized when you are unjustly putting black folks in prison for crimes they didn't commit. Tell me you racist POS how civilized was that.

It wasn't civilized but people weren't civilized back then according to our standards today. The difference between us is as time went on, whites became more civilized while blacks became more uncivilized, and that's what we see on the news almost every night. Whites became more educated and blacks became less. That's why you have no ability to answer a post without breaking it down sentence by sentence.

I won't ask you what privileges whites have over blacks because you'll simply drift back to the world you live in which is the 1950s or before. Either that or you'll make up some unproven bullshit that only takes place in your mind and not the real world where the rest of us reside.

I suspect that a fair number of people with CCW licenses don't really know the law as well as they think they do.
Ray is a case in point. He doesn't have the ability to discern between the laws that allow him to carry a weapon concealed and the laws that allow him to use a firearm in self-defense.

He believes that having been granted a permit to carry a firearm means by extension that he's allowed to use said weapon to shoot people under a myriad of circumstances.

You are wrong. Our Castle Doctrine got rid of duty to retreat. It used to be that way before they passed our Castle Doctrine, but no longer. Today the use of deadly force is your decision. No prosecutor would even think of a grand jury hearing because if you shoot somebody entering your home, you are perfectly within the law of doing so.
The concepts of "no duty to retreat" and using lethal force to neutralize an "imminent threat of death or grievous bodily harm" so that you may assert a self-defense claim are two different things and covered by at least two different laws.

If they didn't they wouldn't be able to pass the written test. If they don't know how to handle a gun they couldn't pass the range test.

If I was unarmed at a convenient store while it was getting robbed, and another patron pulled out his weapon, I would at least have some assurance they had the training and testing that I did. Now with constitutional carry, I'd be more scared of him than I would be the robber. It could be somebody like this clown in the OP.
People can be taught how to pass a test, that doesn't mean they fully understand all of the concepts covered. You yourself are a case in point.

"A 65-year-old man has been charged with second-degree murder after he allegedly shot and killed a 20-year-old Saratoga County woman Saturday evening after the car she was in mistakenly drove up the man’s driveway. Washington County Sheriff Jeffrey Murphy said Monday that Kaylin A. Gillis was in a car with three other people Saturday night looking for a friend’s house. Murphy said the group mistakenly drove up to a house on Patterson Hill Road, as they attempted to turn the car around, the sheriff said, Kevin D. Monahan came out on his porch and fired two shots, one of which hit Gillis while she was seated in the car. No one from the group had left the car or tried to enter Monahan's house before he came out and opened fire, Murphy said.

Murphy said when officers arrived, Monahan would not emerge. Authorities spoke with him through a 911 dispatcher and in-person for about an hour before he was taken into custody. The sheriff said it was an "administrative decision" to send Monahan to the Warren County jail. Public records indicate Gillis' father is a correction officer at the Washington County jail. The shooting comes days after a 16-year-old Kansas City boy was shot and injured after he rang the bell at the wrong house to pick up his siblings."

I do not know why this guy felt compelled to come out shooting just because a car was backing out of his driveway; that is hardly a stand-your-ground justification. Maybe it would benefit gun owners to brush up on the laws in their state before they just assume castle doctrine laws means they can kill anyone at will as long as they claim "I was trying to protect my home".

As the story mentioned, this was days after Ralph Yarl was shot in the face thru the door by one overly trigger happy homeowner; and then shot him again.....but thankfully, Ralph survived and looks to be able to make a full recovery. Unfortunately, Kaylin's life was robbed from her because of another trigger happy homeowner..... but that guy was arrested right away....hopefully Ralph and his family will get to see the guy who tried to rob him of his life, arrested and be made to account for what he did too.
What on earth is arming these nutters......oh yeah .....the 2nd gives a gun to any nut job. The 2nd strikes again.

With everyone carrying phones with NAV, one would think going to the wrong place by accident wouldn’t happen in the first place.
I'm sure you've heard the expression "garbage in, garbage out"? There's nothing wrong with the technology if you type in as the address 123 Main Street when you actually want to go to 123 Main Terrace.

Our phones may be smart, but most of them are not that smart, at least not yet.

When, in the 50s or 60s? Before you blacks screwed up this country with Ferguson, when police departments put out a notice for new officers, hundreds would try for the job. Because of that standards increased dramatically. The son of a friend of mine went to be a cop. It took him 5 years before he got a stable full-time job. He had a degree in law enforcement. He never so much had an outstanding traffic ticket in his life. Never smoked and a social drinker at best. With all that and more, he still had problems getting hired.

He finally tried a town about 50 miles out of the city, and went to the police academy which he paid for himself to try and get a jump on all the other candidates before he was hired.

After Ferguson and Floyd, nobody wanted the job any longer. So now police departments are not getting the best. They are taking anybody willing to do the damn job.
Black people have not screwed up the country, you all are just resentful because more Black people are making enough progress to catch up and in some cases exceed the accomplishments of many of the white racists.

And the problem lies with those individuals who are unable or dissatisfied with not being able to work in law enforcement without violating the civil or other rights of the people whom they are tasked with "serving" and "protecting" and whose taxes pay their salaries.

Grow up.
You honestly think the injustices against people of African descent, that began with slavery ended with the passage of 13th Amendment which abolished slavery, except as punishment for a crime after having been duly tried and convicted? (paraphrase)

Do you have any clue what came afterwards? State (meaning government) sponsored American apartheid.

Apartheid was a system of institutionalized racial segregation and discrimination that was enforced by the government of South Africa from 1948 until the early 1990s. The word "apartheid" comes from the Afrikaans language and means "separateness."
Under apartheid, people in South Africa were classified into different racial groups and separated from one another in all aspects of life, including housing, education, healthcare, employment, and public services. The white minority government of South Africa reserved the best resources and opportunities for white people, while non-white people were subjected to inferior treatment and harsh living conditions.
The apartheid system was designed to maintain white minority rule and suppress any opposition to it. The government used a range of repressive measures, including imprisonment, torture, and assassination, to silence those who opposed the system.
Apartheid was a deeply unjust and oppressive system that was widely condemned by the international community. In the 1980s, a campaign of economic sanctions and boycotts against South Africa helped to bring an end to apartheid, and in 1994, democratic elections were held and Nelson Mandela became the country's first black president.

Crime in mostly white parts of the U.S. is as low or lower than white parts of Europe. We all know who and where the problem children are, and Democrats actually want to legalize criminal acts based on race and ethnicity.
Number needs clarification, classification.
13,000 represents 0.00004% of the population, in a country with many millions of gun owners and essentially open borders. In other words, it's a stupid point, especially when considering where the worst shitholes are and the Democrats who infest them.

Forum List

Back