Another terror attack is a certainty

Which do you prefer, more security or more safety?

• More security, I want all calls monitored, fuck FISA, save lives.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More civil liberties, I want FISA strictly enforced.

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
☭proletarian☭;1973186 said:
elvis said:
Hi, you have received -74 reputation points from elvis.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
no daft ****. thats not what it means.

Regards,
elvis

Note: This is an automated message.

That's what you said- that his views on race determine whether his views on liberty and security are 'out of date'.

I said they may be out of date.

☭proletarian☭;1973161 said:
how many of these people you're quoting were instrumental in making the constitution say that blacks were only 3/5 of a person?

The phrase ad hominem argument (often called an ad hominem attack) comes from the Latin "at the person". It also sometimes applies to any argument that centres on emotive (specifically irrelevant emotions) rather than rational or logical appeal.[1] It occurs when people who are unable to attack the argument itself resort to attacking the person making it. As such arguments have nothing to do with the topic, they have no weight or validity against the argument. This is the case even if the attack is true; two plus two still equals four even if the first person to point this out was the most morally reprehensible person to have ever lived.

Ad hominem - RationalWiki

except it's not an ad hominem argument, since I am indicating that his views may be out of date.

No that's not what you said. But fine it's an appeal to novelty, still a logical fallacy.

In the unlikely event David Duke says something smart, then sure. Just because Hitler says a painting is beautiful doesn't make the picture not beautiful because Hitler was a piece of shit.

Moron.

☭proletarian☭;1973181 said:
Wait, so being a racist means you can't oppose letting ☭proletarian☭ insert his arm, shoulder deep, into your anal cavity at random times to ensure you're not a terrorist with a bomb up your ass?

Or do you just like the idea of a shoulder-deep fisting so much you'll say anything to justify such in-depth random searches in the name of 'national security'?

I never said anything about anal fisting, you sick ****. I merely asked a question. I am still waiting for the answer.
Yes, you did. The discussion was about privacy, rights, and security. You supported another poster in saying that 'security' overrides rights and privacy.

Now bend over so I can check for explosives.

elvis said:
Hi, you have received -74 reputation points from elvis.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
no daft ****. thats not what it means.

Regards,
elvis

Note: This is an automated message.

That's what you said- that his views on race determine whether his views on liberty and security are 'out of date'.

Exactly. Because of his possible views on race.

☭proletarian☭;1973161 said:

except it's not an ad hominem argument, since I am indicating that his views may be out of date.

No that's not what you said. But fine it's an appeal to novelty, still a logical fallacy.

So Franklin's views can be used today, the same way they were in 1780? Would he say we should not wiretap, even if it meant preventing a nuclear armageddon?

☭proletarian☭;1973195 said:

Exactly. Because of his possible views on race.

saying they may be out of date, indicates they may not be out of date.

So Franklin's views can be used today, the same way they were in 1780? Would he say we should not wiretap, even if it meant preventing a nuclear armageddon?

Except you have to prove that wiretapping would prevent a nuclear armageddon, which the burden is on you.

And MAYBE a attack at the worst? But armageddon? Never. Not in 2010.

☭proletarian☭;1973193 said:
☭proletarian☭;1973181 said:
Wait, so being a racist means you can't oppose letting ☭proletarian☭ insert his arm, shoulder deep, into your anal cavity at random times to ensure you're not a terrorist with a bomb up your ass?

Or do you just like the idea of a shoulder-deep fisting so much you'll say anything to justify such in-depth random searches in the name of 'national security'?

I never said anything about anal fisting, you sick ****. I merely asked a question. I am still waiting for the answer.
Yes, you did. The discussion was about privacy, rights, and security. You supported another poster in saying that 'security' overrides rights and privacy.

No. I presented a hypothetical. I wanted to see what dogbert would say.

Noone ever used his views, you idiot. They used his arguments.

Are you fucking retarded?

☭proletarian☭;1973193 said:

No. I presented a hypothetical. I wanted to see what dogbert would say.
So you recant your earlier stupidity?

Face it elvis.. You lose..

You don't seem to grasp the issue here..

Now just bend over like a good little moron so he can check to see if your a terrorist.. I'll be checking your wife and children if any, tapping your phones, placing spyware on your computers, and monitors on your television to ensure you watch the proper shows..

I expect your wife and children to submit to all body searches like you as you don't care about privacy so it doesn't matter.. Be sure to explain to them it is your fault and ignorance that all this is happening..

Get it moron!!

Do we really have to spell it out for you like that?? This is america, we don't live like that.. And what some racist said on this issue doesn't makes his statements wrong because he was a racist..

Your an ignorant turd.. But I am sure at least on some rare occasion, you are correct..

This just isn't one of them..

Except you have to prove that wiretapping would prevent a nuclear armageddon, which the burden is on you.

And MAYBE a attack at the worst? But armageddon? Never. Not in 2010.

there is no burden here. I am speaking in hypotheticals. I would like to know. would you support wiretapping if it would lower the risk of a nuclear attack on a US city? say it cut the odds in half.

Now guys, I get what Elvis was trying to say.

His argument is that Franklin's arguments/views are irrelevant in 2010 due to the fact we live in the information/nuclear age.

But the same thing could be applied to pretty much anything in the Constitution from Freedom of Speech to the right to bear arms. Which is why it is a dangerous argument to make, because all of a sudden the entire Constitution has become irrelevant.

there is no burden here. I am speaking in hypotheticals. I would like to know. would you support wiretapping if it would lower the risk of a nuclear attack on a US city? say it cut the odds in half.

But you're speaking in hypotheticals that are not even feasible. Especially at half. That's why you really can't answer such a question and have it be a reasonable answer. I've read in great detail what the Government does in "protecting us" and I know for a fact I probably don't even know half the shit they do.

But my point is this, we find ourselves on a slippery slope on the highway to hell paved with good intentions to keep us safe. First it's wiretapping, then its internet activity, then it's installing cameras on every street, then its national ID acts, and then it's internment camps for people committing "UnAmerican" activities.

And eventually, it just spirals out of control. It happened during WWII when we jailed innocent American citizens on the basis that they were Japanese and therefore disloyal. I have no idea what ethnic group you are, but imagine simply being jailed because you get the "luck of the draw" of being say irish.

Just in a time where you need your rights most as American, they're just taken away. And rights aren't rights if they can be just taken away.

We should kill all the mosquitos!

What ecological purpose do mosquitos serve? What unintended consequence would there be if they were all gone? What necessary birds, fish, small reptiles, and so on feed off of them that could cause ecological unbalance were they to disappear from the planet?

BTW, I hate mosquitos. In Southeastern PA the mosquitos are as large as Texas and as vicious as a bank CEO that has his bonus threatened, and whine as loud as a Florida right-wing macaroni mom!

However, it may all be part of the natural order of things for all of this to exist!

Now guys, I get what Elvis was trying to say.

His argument is that Franklin's arguments/views are irrelevant in 2010 due to the fact we live in the information/nuclear age.

But the same thing could be applied to pretty much anything in the Constitution from Freedom of Speech to the right to bear arms. Which is why it is a dangerous argument to make, because all of a sudden the entire Constitution has become irrelevant.

Sounds like a Statist.

Now just bend over like a good little moron so he can check to see if your a terrorist.. I'll be checking your wife and children if any, tapping your phones, placing spyware on your computers, and monitors on your television to ensure you watch the proper shows..

I expect your wife and children to submit to all body searches like you as you don't care about privacy so it doesn't matter.. Be sure to explain to them it is your fault and ignorance that all this is happening..

Get it moron!!

Do we really have to spell it out for you like that?? This is america, we don't live like that.. And what some racist said on this issue doesn't makes his statements wrong because he was a racist..

Your an ignorant turd.. But I am sure at least on some rare occasion, you are correct..

you leave my wife out of this, you little bastard.
I don't think his statements are wrong because he was a racist. I happen to agree with him. I was playing the devil's advocate. I care about privacy and I think it's easy for governments to get out of hand.

back·ped·al (b
abreve.gif
k
prime.gif
p
ebreve.gif
d
lprime.gif
l)intr.v. back·ped·aled or back·ped·alled, back·ped·al·ing or back·ped·al·ling, back·ped·als 1. To move the pedals of a bicycle or similar vehicle backward, especially to apply a brake.
2. To move backward by taking short quick steps, as in boxing or football.
3. To retreat or withdraw from a position or attitude: The senator later backpedaled on the issue.

Get it moron!!

Don't mention real life family members. That's a line you just don't cross. You can respectfully disagree without doing so.

Forum List

Back