Another terror attack is a certainty

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kyzr, Feb 3, 2010.

?

Which do you prefer, more security or more safety?

1. More security, I want all calls monitored, fuck FISA, save lives.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. More civil liberties, I want FISA strictly enforced.

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    The heads of the US security agencies said that another terror attack within the next 3 to 6 months is a "slam dunk".

Am I the only one who wants to unleash the CIA, FBI and NSA to save American lives? I want the gloves off, and I want political correctness destroyed.

New poll, which do you prefer as a US citizen. More safety for your family or less intrusion by the NSA and FBI?

2. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I wonder what color we are at?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  3. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    Too bad you're just a cartoon, I love those fun bags....

4. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin.

5. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    He's dead. What else you got?

6. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    He's one of the essential Founding Fathers, someone who I assume you mention quite often in your arguments against Obama.

How about these?

"People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders...All you have to do is tell them they're being attacked and denounce the pacifists for a lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country." Hermann Goering (Second in command to Hitler)

"Accustomed to trample on the rights of others, you have lost the genius of your own independence and become the fit subjects of the first cunning tyrant who rises among you" Abraham Lincoln (1858)

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." John Adams 2nd U.S. President

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."
    Patrick Henry (1736-1739)

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
    Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences of too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1791)

"History teaches us that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure."
    Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall (1989)

"It is during our most challenging and uncertain moments that our Nation's commitment to due process is most severely tested; and it is in those times that we must preserve our commitment at home to the principles for which we fight abroad."
    Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor
    Hamdi v. Rumsfeld - 2004

7. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    We should kill all the mosquitos!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    1. The US Constitution is NOT a suicide Pact.
    2. Monitoring communications is NOT a violation of privacy.
    3. The Constitution does NOT grant a right to privacy.
    4. Terrorists are a clear and present danger. There is no reason to worry about "rights" when lives are at risk. (i.e. which is worth more a human life or a phone call?)

9. potter 58

potter 58 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    so k , forget the constitution is what you are saying, wow you must be one little scared pussy, be afraid , very afraid, The blowhard cowboy/Cheney sure scared the living shit out of you

10. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Monitoring communications is in fact a violation to privacy. Which is why if police officers want to wiretap criminals, they have to (or least use to) have to go to a judge, get a warrant, etc. And they had to have something called probable cause. You probably heard of it at some point in history class no? :eusa_eh:

Terrorists are a clear and present danger, but so are cars. You going to start banning cars?

You define the phone call as just a phone call. However, it goes far beyond that. A phone call not monitored by the government is a sign of the freedoms that we as a people have. And besides, it always begins as just "listening in" but then more freedoms are taken in the veil of "safety and freedom."

The highway to hell is paved with good intentions, you ought to remember that.