Another terror attack is a certainty

Which do you prefer, more security or more safety?

• More security, I want all calls monitored, fuck FISA, save lives.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More civil liberties, I want FISA strictly enforced.

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
how many of these people you're quoting were instrumental in making the constitution say that blacks were only 3/5 of a person?

You know my objections to their slavery owning as well anyone Elvis. However, their actions as Founding Fathers were revolutionary for the time in terms of rights in general.

so if wiretapping keeps osama from detonating a nuke in manhattan, are you still going to go with these franklin quotes?

It won't, because terrorists aren't going to use phones or emails to communicate. This is not a Nancy Drew novel where everything falls neatly in place. Even the Mob knows enough not to use the phone anymore and they're still around.

He's dead. What else you got?

He's one of the essential Founding Fathers, someone who I assume you mention quite often in your arguments against Obama.

How about these?

"People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders...All you have to do is tell them they're being attacked and denounce the pacifists for a lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country." Hermann Goering (Second in command to Hitler)

"Accustomed to trample on the rights of others, you have lost the genius of your own independence and become the fit subjects of the first cunning tyrant who rises among you" Abraham Lincoln (1858)

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." John Adams 2nd U.S. President

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."
Patrick Henry (1736-1739)

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences of too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1791)

"History teaches us that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure."
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall (1989)

"It is during our most challenging and uncertain moments that our Nation's commitment to due process is most severely tested; and it is in those times that we must preserve our commitment at home to the principles for which we fight abroad."
Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor
Hamdi v. Rumsfeld - 2004

how many of these people you're quoting were instrumental in making the constitution say that blacks were only 3/5 of a person?

A. That's completely irrelevant
B.It said slaves, not blacks, get it right.
C. They counted as 3/5 only when drumming up the number of representatives with slave states. If they weren't then states could count slaves in the population numbers that they used to demand members in the House.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin.

so if wiretapping keeps osama from detonating a nuke in manhattan, are you still going to go with these franklin quotes?
Drop your pants and bend over. I have to check your anal cavity for explosives.

Shoulder deep.

gotta make sure you're not a terrorist.

Also, you're now under arrest for sodomy.

while we're at it, what freedoms have I given up since 9/11? besides the near proctological exams at the airport?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin.

More fear mongering?

I tell you what how about you shmucks cough up evidence that this is necessary to combat terrorists.

He's one of the essential Founding Fathers, someone who I assume you mention quite often in your arguments against Obama.

How about these?

"People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders...All you have to do is tell them they're being attacked and denounce the pacifists for a lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country." Hermann Goering (Second in command to Hitler)

"Accustomed to trample on the rights of others, you have lost the genius of your own independence and become the fit subjects of the first cunning tyrant who rises among you" Abraham Lincoln (1858)

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." John Adams 2nd U.S. President

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences of too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1791)

"History teaches us that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure."

"It is during our most challenging and uncertain moments that our Nation's commitment to due process is most severely tested; and it is in those times that we must preserve our commitment at home to the principles for which we fight abroad."
Hamdi v. Rumsfeld - 2004

C. They counted as 3/5 only when drumming up the number of representatives with slave states. If they weren't then states could count slaves in the population numbers that they used to demand members in the House.

A. I'm sure you'd find David Duke's views on race irrelevant if he were asked about this issue. Oh wait..... you wouldn't.
B. Everyone likes a little ass.........
C. Interesting.

More fear mongering?

I tell you what how about you shmucks cough up evidence that this is necessary to combat terrorists.

do you know what hypothetical means?

A. I'm sure you'd find David Duke's views on race irrelevant if he were asked about this issue. Oh wait..... you wouldn't.
C. Interesting.

Who's David Duke? But fine I'll humor you let's say for the sake of argument Franklin was a racist. How does that make him wrong on this issue?

do you know what hypothetical means?

:eusa_think:

Not this:

Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japanese American internment was the forcible relocation and internment by the United States government in 1942 of approximately 120,000 Japanese Americans and Japanese residing in the United States to camps called "War Relocation Camps," in the wake of Imperial Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.[1][2] The internment of Japanese Americans was applied unequally throughout the United States. Japanese Americans residing on the West Coast of the United States were all interned, whereas in Hawaii, where more than 150,000 Japanese Americans composed nearly a third of that territory's population, only 1,200[3] to 1,800 Japanese Americans were interned.[4] Of those interned, 62% were United States citizens.[5][6]

C. Interesting.

Who's David Duke? But fine I'll humor you let's say for the sake of argument Franklin was a racist. How does that make him wrong on this issue?

It indicates his views may be out of date. he wasn't a "founding father" in the nuclear/information age.

He's dead. What else you got?

How about these?

Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

Hamdi v. Rumsfeld - 2004

Answer that yourself and since you don't.. Stop being a douche and bringing up a moot point!!

This thread and poll is a sham!! If your so desperate for security then move to North Korea or someplace!! They have the type of government you are looking for there.. High security and no rights or privileges.. Just what the neotards ordered.. But.. No guns for you.. No 2nd amendment right there.. No christianity for you as there is no 1st amendment either..

The day we give up our rights and privileges is the day we start live more like the enemy and the terrorists..

Is it safe to assume that every right tard is an enemy of the state? :eusa_whistle:

I didn't vote cause BOZO needs to stop wording his questions like Rasmussen.. I am way to smart for those types of questions.. Besides the fact that it is a retarded and question and an antiamerican question.. I try to avoid those..

☭proletarian☭;1973161 said:

How about these?

Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

Hamdi v. Rumsfeld - 2004

The phrase ad hominem argument (often called an ad hominem attack) comes from the Latin "at the person". It also sometimes applies to any argument that centres on emotive (specifically irrelevant emotions) rather than rational or logical appeal.[1] It occurs when people who are unable to attack the argument itself resort to attacking the person making it. As such arguments have nothing to do with the topic, they have no weight or validity against the argument. This is the case even if the attack is true; two plus two still equals four even if the first person to point this out was the most morally reprehensible person to have ever lived.

Ad hominem - RationalWiki

except it's not an ad hominem argument, since I am indicating that his views may be out of date.

Wait, so being a racist means you can't oppose letting ☭proletarian☭ insert his arm, shoulder deep, into your anal cavity at random times to ensure you're not a terrorist with a bomb up your ass?

Or do you just like the idea of a shoulder-deep fisting so much you'll say anything to justify such in-depth random searches in the name of 'national security'?

C. Interesting.

It indicates his views may be out of date. he wasn't a "founding father" in the nuclear/information age.

Which again means nothing.. Hey moron!! Did you knows that water froze at 32 degrees long before there was man on this planet?? Facts don't change because of the passage of time.. Gravity still existed then too..

Are you out of date or just plain stupid?? :cuckoo:

Last edited:

The phrase ad hominem argument (often called an ad hominem attack) comes from the Latin "at the person". It also sometimes applies to any argument that centres on emotive (specifically irrelevant emotions) rather than rational or logical appeal.[1] It occurs when people who are unable to attack the argument itself resort to attacking the person making it. As such arguments have nothing to do with the topic, they have no weight or validity against the argument. This is the case even if the attack is true; two plus two still equals four even if the first person to point this out was the most morally reprehensible person to have ever lived.
Ad hominem - RationalWiki

except it's not an ad hominem argument, since I am indicating that his views may be out of date.

Non sequitur is a Latin phrase that means “that which does not follow”. It means that the conclusion reached does not follow from the premise(s). Often examples of non sequitur arguments are hilariously disconnected, but often they can be subtle, so need to be looked out for. The reason that such arguments are fallacious in logic should be fairly obvious.

Non sequitur - RationalWiki

His views on race are irrelevant to the validity of his objection to tyranny in the name of 'safety'.

☭proletarian☭;1973183 said:

Non sequitur is a Latin phrase that means “that which does not follow”. It means that the conclusion reached does not follow from the premise(s). Often examples of non sequitur arguments are hilariously disconnected, but often they can be subtle, so need to be looked out for. The reason that such arguments are fallacious in logic should be fairly obvious.

Non sequitur - RationalWiki

His views on race are irrelevant to the validity of his objection to tyranny in the name of 'safety'.

so you will extend David Duke the same courtesy?

elvis said:
Hi, you have received -74 reputation points from elvis.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
no daft ****. thats not what it means.

Regards,
elvis

Note: This is an automated message.

That's what you said- that his views on race determine whether his views on liberty and security are 'out of date'.

☭proletarian☭;1973181 said:
Wait, so being a racist means you can't oppose letting ☭proletarian☭ insert his arm, shoulder deep, into your anal cavity at random times to ensure you're not a terrorist with a bomb up your ass?

Or do you just like the idea of a shoulder-deep fisting so much you'll say anything to justify such in-depth random searches in the name of 'national security'?

I never said anything about anal fisting, you sick ****. I merely asked a question. I am still waiting for the answer.

Forum List

Back