Another terror attack is a certainty

Which do you prefer, more security or more safety?

• More security, I want all calls monitored, fuck FISA, save lives.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More civil liberties, I want FISA strictly enforced.

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
After a mushroom cloud over one major city you will find most of these " privacy is a right" bunch screaming for all calls to be monitored. Of course the millions just vaporized won't care.

Fear mongering (or scaremongering) is the use of fear to influence the opinions and actions of others towards some specific end. The feared object or subject is sometimes exaggerated, and the pattern of fear mongering is usually one of repetition, in order to continuously reinforce the intended effects of this tactic, sometimes in the form of a vicious circle.[citation needed]

Fear mongering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bend over, RGS. I have to check to a miniaturized nuclear device you might have smuggled over from Iran.

NORTH-Shoulder-Length-Nitrile-LSS-_i_LBN121929.jpg

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin.

"an insurrection in nearly one-third of the States had subverted the whole of the laws . . . Are all the laws, but one, to go unexecuted, and the government itself go to pieces, lest that one be violated?" - Abraham Lincoln on suspending habeus corpus.

Are one-third of the states rebelling right now? :cuckoo:

Monitoring communications is in fact a violation to privacy. Which is why if police officers want to wiretap criminals, they have to (or least use to) have to go to a judge, get a warrant, etc. And they had to have something called probable cause. You probably heard of it at some point in history class no?

Terrorists are a clear and present danger, but so are cars. You going to start banning cars?

You define the phone call as just a phone call. However, it goes far beyond that. A phone call not monitored by the government is a sign of the freedoms that we as a people have. And besides, it always begins as just "listening in" but then more freedoms are taken in the veil of "safety and freedom."

The highway to hell is paved with good intentions, you ought to remember that.

1. Who says that phone calls are privileged? During WW2 ALL communications were censored. IMHO, since we are at war w/terrorists, ALL communications are fair-game using WW2 as precedent.
2. Where in the Constitution does it say that communications are private, or that citizens have a right to privacy?
3. A phone call is not worth a human life. If monitoring will stop guys like the FT Hood killer, good idea.

As an american that should be supporting the constitution you choose perpetual fear mongering and war. I can't imagine the fear you feel. How dissapointing for you. How sad. I hope you aren't daydreaming about all your boogy men when that drunk crosses the centerline which is THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of times more likely to happen to you than any of your scary terrorist scenerios. Piss on you ya weak skank. Oh ya for your safety I have included you on my list so ya neo con pussies can huddle up in one place and form a daisy chain like the covered wagons did in the old westerns.

"A strict observance of the written law is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to the written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the ends to the means." - Thomas Jefferson
Source.

Also you still have to prove suspending these laws are necessary to keep from losing the country.

Last edited:
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

How sad that so many are willing to abandon principles just because of a few terrorists.

Torturing people is wrong but oh no there's terrorists we need to start water boarding people NOW. Even if it's not necessary they're still evil scum who deserve it.

Our rights to privacy are good and all but ZOMG terrorists!!! We need to get rid of them so we can tell ourselves we're perfectly safe.

"A strict observance of the written law is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to the written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the ends to the means." - Thomas Jefferson
Source.

Also you still have to prove suspending these laws are necessary to keep from losing the country.

I'll provide a source when you provide a source for the Gettysburg Address. And you still have to prove the rightmindedness of adhereing to a law even if doing so means at the end of the day, it may not matter any more because we'll be gone as a country.
Dumbfuck

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1974530 said:
How sad that so many are willing to abandon principles just because of a few terrorists.

In other words, Osama wins.

Ossama won over 6 years ago when we willfully failed to capture him in Tora Bora. Furthermore he won when Bush dismantled our Air Base in Saudi Arabia which was his stated goal in perpetrating 9/11.

You are a partisan stooge.

If you are so concerned about Ossama winning why don't you go to Pakistan and kill him. Otherwise shut the fuck up. Your neo con morons had thier chance to get him and chose not to. JEEZ???? I wonder why THAT was? I think you are a pussy and would run like a little school girl if faced with Ossama ...just sayin. :eek: :lol::lol::lol:

I guess the genius' here would argue that if you felt you had 24 hours to stop a nuke attack, but it would take a week or so to go through all the proper channels to get the info needed to stop it.. well, bring on the mushroom clouds.

Very comforting.

Ossama won over 6 years ago when we willfully failed to capture him in Tora Bora. Furthermore he won when Bush dismantled our Air Base in Saudi Arabia which was his stated goal in perpetrating 9/11.

If you are so concerned about Ossama winning why don't you go to Pakistan and kill him. Otherwise shut the fuck up. Your neo con morons had thier chance to get him and chose not to. JEEZ???? I wonder why THAT was? I think you are a pussy and would run like a little school girl if faced with Ossama ...just sayin. :eek: :lol::lol::lol:

You are one of the dumbest motherfuckers here. You realize that, right? :eusa_eh:

I guess the genius' here would argue that if you felt you had 24 hours to stop a nuke attack, but it would take a week or so to go through all the proper channels to get the info needed to stop it.. well, bring on the mushroom clouds.

Very comforting.

The scariest things about you soggy are you mind and your face....sorry...but I am truly more frightened of you than any terrorist.:lol::lol::lol:

Very comforting.

How likely is that scenario to happen?

No stop with the fear mongering.

Source.

I'll provide a source when you provide a source for the Gettysburg Address. And you still have to prove the rightmindedness of adhereing to a law even if doing so means at the end of the day, it may not matter any more because we'll be gone as a country.
Dumbfuck

OK...
The Gettysburg Address by Abraham Lincoln

Now provide a source for your quote.

You are the ones who keep saying that we need to get rid of those liberties to be safe it's your god damn job to prove it.

☭proletarian☭;1974575 said:

You are one of the dumbest motherfuckers here. You realize that, right? :eusa_eh:

So what makes me one of the dumbest motherfuckers here? Because I won't get sucked into believing that I have to fear Osama Bin Ladin? Because I am too lazy to use spell check?:lol:

I doubt you are qualified to access my intelligence...but thanks for playing.

☭proletarian☭;1974561 said:

Google it yourself. I don't need your help.... it was a nonsensical respone to a nonsensical post.
How was it nonsensical all I wanted was for you to provide a source that Thomas Jefferson actually said that.

Well, I wasn't there, nor was anyone else with firsthand knowledge when he said it, or, when Lincoln spoke the Gettysburg address.

So here's the best I can find on it.

The Constitution is not a suicide pact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My point is, that many of our most noteworthy statesmen have recognized that there are extraordinary instances when the survival of the nation is paramount and that adhering to a law which could lead to our demise is, well, dumb. We've done it repeatedly over the course of this nation's history and guess what, we are still the greatest nation with the greatest record of civility. Perfect? No. But intact because great men RECOGNIZED grave dangers and acted accordingly.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back